The Andy & Nina Appreciation Thread

Last edited by jediwands; 08-24-2022 at 04:29 PM
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 10:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saranoh (View Post)
Sorry to bump up such an old thread. I’m watching the show all the way through for the first time( as I only watched it off and on originally), and I love these two. I know Nina’s relationship with Jake dragged on too long, but I think it helped Andy’s character development. By the time he got together with Nina, he actually deserved her. He proved how much he loved her by being such a good friend even though it hurt him.
I forgot to add you are so right on about Andy needing to deserve Nina. I couldn't agree more. He was so clueless in the earlier seasons and while Jake overstayed his welcome, you are absolutely right that there was a benefit to his presence and it helped Andy see the light. He was so clueless before then even if it was obvious Andy had romantic feelings for Nina for a while. There were signs even back in S1 he was jealous when Carl showed up.
Old 08-04-2021, 03:12 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpensix (View Post)
I forgot to add you are so right on about Andy needing to deserve Nina. I couldn't agree more. He was so clueless in the earlier seasons and while Jake overstayed his welcome, you are absolutely right that there was a benefit to his presence and it helped Andy see the light. He was so clueless before then even if it was obvious Andy had romantic feelings for Nina for a while. There were signs even back in S1 he was jealous when Carl showed up.
There was even an episode when he was with Amanda and ranting about how Jake and Nina were so wrong for each other.

On a happier note, I loved everything about the proposal. I think one underrated aspect of it is how emotional Nina clearly is.
Saranoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 07:44 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
There was even an episode when he was with Amanda and ranting about how Jake and Nina were so wrong for each other.

On a happier note, I loved everything about the proposal. I think one underrated aspect of it is how emotional Nina clearly is.
Yes, the ranting was so much fun.

Oh so very true about Nina. If you watch her in S1 and what Carl did to her (the cheating, he obviously couldn't help his sexuality) she tried so hard not to emotionally break down but she did. She tries very hard to always keep it together but Carl and her failed marriage did a number on her. She fell hard for Andy and still tried to keep things as hidden as possible until he was less clueless. Yes, the second the proposal happened, we see her letting go and just embracing the loving feelings of happiness. It almost felt like relief, she was thinking "finally" I am going to be with the only one I've ever truly loved.
Old 08-05-2021, 11:19 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Yes, the ranting was so much fun.

Oh so very true about Nina. If you watch her in S1 and what Carl did to her (the cheating, he obviously couldn't help his sexuality) she tried so hard not to emotionally break down but she did. She tries very hard to always keep it together but Carl and her failed marriage did a number on her. She fell hard for Andy and still tried to keep things as hidden as possible until he was less clueless. Yes, the second the proposal happened, we see her letting go and just embracing the loving feelings of happiness. It almost felt like relief, she was thinking "finally" I am going to be with the only one I've ever truly loved.
It kind of made up for the fact that Jake dumped her and not the other way around. Her lack of agency there was still annoying, but her reaction to the proposal erased any doubts I might have had about her love for Andy.
Old 08-06-2021, 07:09 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
It kind of made up for the fact that Jake dumped her and not the other way around. Her lack of agency there was still annoying, but her reaction to the proposal erased any doubts I might have had about her love for Andy.
So well said, you are right on... her reaction to the proposal was perfection! Would have been great if Jake didn't need to step in so much (although, thankfully he did) but absolutely right her reaction to the proposal was brilliant. I think everyone who was paying attention regardless understood Andy and Nina had been in love with each other well before the time they officially mutually acknowledged it. There weren't any doubts but that proposal certainly reminded us of how meant to be they were.

Last edited by jediwands; 08-06-2021 at 07:19 AM
Old 08-06-2021, 07:23 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
So well said, you are right on... her reaction to the proposal was perfection! Would have been great if Jake didn't need to step in so much (although, thankfully he did) but absolutely right her reaction to the proposal was brilliant. I think everyone who was paying attention regardless understood Andy and Nina had been in love with each other well before the time they officially mutually acknowledged it. There weren't any doubts but that proposal certainly reminded us of how meant to be they were.
Andy should’ve sent Jake a nice edible arrangement later.

This show mentioned soulmates at times, and this might be controversial, but I think Andy/Nina were a good example of how a person can have more than one. Andy had two, and he was fortunate enough to meet both in his lifetime.
Old 08-06-2021, 03:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Andy should’ve sent Jake a nice edible arrangement later.
So perfect!

Quote:
This show mentioned soulmates at times, and this might be controversial, but I think Andy/Nina were a good example of how a person can have more than one. Andy had two, and he was fortunate enough to meet both in his lifetime.
I agree. Totally agree. Andy/Nina gave off a soulmate vibe and Andy/Julia did as well, especially spiritual elements like Julia discussing Everwood.

I’m a pretty spiritual person and I honestly believe there are more than one soulmate in play or there can be. Twin Flames are different (only one) than soulmates. You can have more than one soulmate in a lifetime.
Old 08-06-2021, 04:07 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
So perfect!

I agree. Totally agree. Andy/Nina gave off a soulmate vibe and Andy/Julia did as well, especially spiritual elements like Julia discussing Everwood.

I’m a pretty spiritual person and I honestly believe there are more than one soulmate in play or there can be. Twin Flames are different (only one) than soulmates. You can have more than one soulmate in a lifetime.
I think that’s part of what I loved so much about Andy’s final visit to Julia’s grave. His monologue really showed how much he loved both women, and none of it felt false, contradictory, or like he was “ settling” for Nina now.
Old 08-06-2021, 06:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I think that’s part of what I loved so much about Andy’s final visit to Julia’s grave. His monologue really showed how much he loved both women, and none of it felt false, contradictory, or like he was “ settling” for Nina now.
I agree. You really did feel he was saying goodbye to Julia but not to the love they shared or the bond they had by being parents of Ephram and Delia.

You felt that he really had fallen in love again and there was no guilt or doubt of his feelings for Nina because of his previous relationship with Julia. He really had moved on in the right way
{EphramAmy}
patricia
break the window is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 06:24 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by break the window (View Post)
I agree. You really did feel he was saying goodbye to Julia but not to the love they shared or the bond they had by being parents of Ephram and Delia.

You felt that he really had fallen in love again and there was no guilt or doubt of his feelings for Nina because of his previous relationship with Julia. He really had moved on in the right way

Exactly. It was beautiful to see because I really don’t think Andy expected to fall in love again. There were other women that he liked a lot, but I don’t think he came close to proposing to any of them.
Old 08-06-2021, 06:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Exactly. It was beautiful to see because I really don’t think Andy expected to fall in love again. There were other women that he liked a lot, but I don’t think he came close to proposing to any of them.
I don't think Andy thought he deserved to find love again when he really wasn't much of a husband to Julia to begin with.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 08-06-2021, 07:21 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I don't think Andy thought he deserved to find love again when he really wasn't much of a husband to Julia to begin with.
That’s true. Doesn’t he say something to that effect to Nina when she calls him on always dating emotionally unavailable women?
Old 08-06-2021, 07:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
That’s true. Doesn’t he say something to that effect to Nina when she calls him on always dating emotionally unavailable women?
I don't think Andy thought he was emotionally available to anyone
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 08-06-2021, 07:50 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I don't think Andy thought he was emotionally available to anyone
He wasn’t. He could never completely commit to them.

Last edited by Saranoh; 08-07-2021 at 11:02 AM
Reply   Post New Thread