Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2013, 09:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Andy was always the guy who had to be shown the way in order to know what direction to take next.

Remember the Amanda situation with Amanda and John? Andy was still convinced that he and Amanda had something and was surprised when she chose John.

Andy gets so focused on something and can't let go until he is forced to no matter how bad the situation really is.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 03-12-2013, 12:33 AM
Master Fan

Andy was a bit dense when it came to relationships . What I loved is that Nina wasn't shown as some poor woman that had to wait for Andy to realize how he likes her. She told him what she felt and chose Jake, because he at least could be available and be with her. She was not in the age to look mostly for love, she looked for stable relationship, someone that will respect her and would help her to take care of Sam. And Jake did that come to think. The only thing that I didn't like is that Jake had to tell Nina that she wants Andy.
Old 05-19-2013, 10:12 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom to believe (View Post)
Andy was always the guy who had to be shown the way in order to know what direction to take next.

Remember the Amanda situation with Amanda and John? Andy was still convinced that he and Amanda had something and was surprised when she chose John.

Andy gets so focused on something and can't let go until he is forced to no matter how bad the situation really is.
This is so very true about Andy. He didn't even put it together that his bleeding ulcer and Amanda were "symptoms" of Madisongate and his part in it.

It is scary that he probably would have stayed with Amanda had she picked him over her husband. Andy might not have gotten together with Nina until Delia was married with children!
Old 05-19-2013, 08:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
It is scary that he probably would have stayed with Amanda had she picked him over her husband. Andy might not have gotten together with Nina until Delia was married with children!
As it is scary that Nina would still be with Jake in LA if he hadn't sent her back home.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
As it is scary that Nina would still be with Jake in LA if he hadn't sent her back home.
That too! Even more so, probably! Good point. I think Nina and Jake went on forever with Nina so clueless because of the CW messing with the show. I think Berlanti was delaying things but it went a bit overboard and not only that, like you said, it was Jake sending her back home. He had to dictate which man she ended up with, or that was the distinct hint. I hated that so much. If the Andy/Nina story wasn't built up so strongly in the first two seasons it could have come across as not totally believable that Andy/Nina were meant to be. Thankfully there was that strong story. Still, it was totally frustrating. I will forever dislike that last Nina/Jake scene. Nina looked so clueless, weak, pathetic, and submissive. It was largely out of character and entirely stupid. It sucked.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

I really hated that we never got to see Andy/Nina in a real relationship.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:38 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I agree, Shu. I guess Berlanti ran out of time in his mind. You could tell based on season 3, they were heading towards Andy/Nina but when the CW decided to do the unthinkable and pull the plug on Everwood, he decided to go in a certain direction. However, I wish he would have chucked Jake much sooner and had Andy/Nina get together early season 4 instead of waiting until the last minute. He dragged that out. He knew he was giving us the fairytale Ephram/Amy ending at the end, so he could have given us Andy/Nina earlier than that. It astounds me hearing about what the plans were for season 5 if he had to cater to the CW and their soap opera slop. Jake still would have been around. So glad that didn't take place. Having Jake in a triangle with Andy/Nina and Madison in general back on my screen would have caused me to want to turn to tranquilizers.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread