Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2012, 11:44 AM
Master Fan

Thanks so much, Ellie. Aren't these two just adorable?

This one, especially:

“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 03-17-2012, 01:19 PM
Elite Fan

I know! I really loved how there for Nina he was in season 2. and both episodes when he wrapped his arm around her and she leaned into him... of course I had to make those the thumbnails!
Ellie
Old 03-18-2012, 12:41 AM
Master Fan

I can just imagine them cuddling up like that in front of the TV or the fireplace or outside on the porch so many nights in S5. Gah. Sucks that I have to imagine it!!
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 03-18-2012, 04:57 PM
Elite Fan

sometimes it's nice to know that they couldn't get ruined, but yes, it is sad we didn't actually get to see any of them being happy together. still, they had a pretty solid friendship foundation, even if it was strained at time, and definitely awkward in season 4 (although gah I can't wait til I stop being lazy and watch it!)... they would have had to go out of their way to mess these two up, I think.
Ellie
Old 03-21-2012, 12:46 AM
Master Fan

Good point about us not having to see them being ruined. I agree that that would have been tough to do, but with Nina carrying around Jake's baby apparently, well....they certainly seemed determined to try and ruin them, heh.

No, they really were what I was most looking forward to in S5. A couple that gets engaged before they have a date. That would have been interesting, to see how they pivot from being friends with feelings to being in a relationship. And then the families melding together and how both of them have been so unlucky in love, and how Andy will probably try too hard to be a great husband to fix what he did the first time and how I think Nina will be insecure after what happened with Carl and then Jake....SO much to play with. It frickin' writes itself!! So, yeah, even with the possible baby drama, pretty darn hard to screw up!
Old 03-23-2012, 07:42 PM
Elite Fan

was she supposed to be pregnant? that would have been NO GOOD! ew. I could never bring myself to like Jake, even though Scott Wolf is a perfect good actor, and always has a boyish charm about him.

maybe someday I'll stop being lazy and write a season 5 fic.
Ellie
Old 03-26-2012, 01:13 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, Nina being pregnant with Jake's baby was one of Berlanit's big ideas for S5. *shakes head* So hopefully your S5 will not include that.
Old 03-26-2012, 02:19 AM
Elite Fan

definitely not. Jake will be very relegated to scenes with Edna at work.

finally watching season 4 again... it's gonna take me FOREVER to sort out these caps though.
Ellie
Old 03-26-2012, 11:51 PM
Master Fan

Oh, I can imagine on the caps, but yay for you watching S4 again! What episode are you up to?
Old 03-27-2012, 03:10 PM
Elite Fan

I think I finished disc 3... at that point, I had nearly 20k caps to sort through (not just for Andy & Nina, but also for Brannah, Ephram & Kyle, and then all Sarah or Chris caps). after I sort, I usually have about 15-20% of all the caps I made... and so far I've only sorted like, 3 or 4 episodes of Andy and Nina, and no one else yet.
Ellie
Old 03-29-2012, 12:59 AM
Master Fan

Wow, I don`t know how you can stand going through all those caps, but we sure do appreciate it!

Almost at the end. How many times have you watched the series now?
Old 04-07-2012, 02:22 PM
Elite Fan

I go through all the caps though just the once, so people don't have to do it all the time on my photobuckets... you know how sometimes on a fansite, the thumbnail looks good, but then you click it and it's all blurry, or one eye is closed or something like that?

of the first 15 episodes, I have about 630 caps... not a lot, I know, but she spends way too much time with that Jake guy. Andy & Nina are also the only ones I've finished sorting so far... gotta catch up on the rest before I can cap more!

I think this is only the 3rd or 4th time I've watched... and I skipped season 3 this time around, since I watched it before season 1 and all that...
Ellie
Old 04-10-2012, 05:04 PM
Master Fan

Wow, very much appreciated that you do that, Ellie!

Do you feel you enjoy the show more as you watch, or pick up new things?
Old 04-12-2012, 11:11 AM
Elite Fan

watching while capping makes me a bit miserable. I'm always like: NO! not ANOTHER scene! now I have to go deal with caps...

but I pick up a lot when I sort the caps.
Ellie
Old 04-21-2012, 04:24 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
Yeah, Nina being pregnant with Jake's baby was one of Berlanit's big ideas for S5. *shakes head* So hopefully your S5 will not include that.
Are you kidding me? The more I read about this s5 the more blessed I think it was that it ended. I only watched everwood a couple of years ago but loved Andy/Nina from the start and couldn't give a monkeys about the kids!

They shared an amazing connection and I loved Andy was finally so selfless for once with her in S4 and put his feelings aside so she could have a shot at being happy.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread