Master Fan

The Andy/Nina Appreciation Thread #3

The Andy & Nina Appreciation Thread

Old thread

Shippers list:

1. covington
2. everwoodfan52
3. Wilpen
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood

Last edited by everwoodfan52; 08-04-2012 at 07:09 PM
Old 04-16-2010, 04:14 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty
Yes, Andy did help Nina. I just wish she was a little less passive at the end with Jake. The way she was led through the motions of selling her house....packing her stuff......going to the airport (even though she loved Andy more)...it was almost as if Nina was a stepford wife. She seemed almost brainwashed. Thank God Jake brought her to her senses...or she would now be living in LA with Jake.
Yes! Yes, she would still be living in LA. That's not the Nina we all know and love.

Here's a question based on the passivity discussion:

If not for Jake, what do you think would have jarred Nina into coming home to Everwood? If anything?
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 04-22-2010, 05:28 PM
Master Fan

A *cough* seemed to work on the other thread, so I'm doing it here too.
Old 04-22-2010, 05:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I've got to get you some cough medicine, 'Tos.

She was so passive...I can't even think of anything that would jar Nina back to Everwood on her own.
One possibility would be Andy....not being able to stand the fact that Nina left....rushes to the airport (after the Bat Mitzvah). Nina, Jake, and Sam are called to board the plane. They walk toward the tunnel.....Nina spots Andy just standing there looking sadly at her. She freezes. Jake stops and asks her what is wrong. He then spots Andy. Jake looks back at Nina. Nina finally finds her tongue. She turns to Jake and says, "I'm so sorry." Jake looks sad....but he nods understandingly and says, "Go on. Go get him."
Nina gives Jake a big hug.....thanks him profusely....grabs Sam and runs into Andy's arms.
Old 04-23-2010, 05:11 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
I've got to get you some cough medicine, 'Tos.

She was so passive...I can't even think of anything that would jar Nina back to Everwood on her own.
One possibility would be Andy....not being able to stand the fact that Nina left....rushes to the airport (after the Bat Mitzvah). Nina, Jake, and Sam are called to board the plane. They walk toward the tunnel.....Nina spots Andy just standing there looking sadly at her. She freezes. Jake stops and asks her what is wrong. He then spots Andy. Jake looks back at Nina. Nina finally finds her tongue. She turns to Jake and says, "I'm so sorry." Jake looks sad....but he nods understandingly and says, "Go on. Go get him."
Nina gives Jake a big hug.....thanks him profusely....grabs Sam and runs into Andy's arms.
See, now, that would have still made Jake the good guy like the writers seemed to want! Yes! Maybe a little schmaltzy, hee, but you know I like schmaltzy too! But Jake would still get a moment where he okays it, but Nina would get to be strong. It also makes a heck of a lot more sense that Andy wouldn't just let Nina go like he did. Everyone in that stupid triangle was passive!
Old 06-01-2010, 12:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I love these two together! It's hard to say that since they only moved to Everwood because Julia died. But for Andy to fall in love again with Nina (totally saw it coming from episode 1, given she was his neighbor!). But yes, what a great way to fall in love all over again
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 06-03-2010, 11:25 AM
Master Fan

I especially adore how they became great friends throughout S1 and the show, with big hints about their feelings. There's a great theme on the show about becoming friends before starting a relationship, that I think is very true to life.
Old 06-04-2010, 06:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

exactly! it happened the same way with Ephram/Amy as it did with Andy/Nina

Who was the first person Andy went to after his (mistake of) sleeping with Gretechen? Nina....she was his go-to girl. That says something for Andy
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 06-04-2010, 11:00 PM
Master Fan

And it happened with Bright/Hannah, another couple you got a glimpse of, too! It didn't necessarily happen with Irv/Edna, Harold/Rose or Andy/Julia, though, so I think it's a new kind of message about the importance of really knowing the other person and connecting with them as friends before a relationship. It's a really interesting theme of the show, I think, especially with that generational divide.
Old 06-04-2010, 11:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Andy was acting like a teenager again and he didn't even know what he was doing.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 06-05-2010, 06:03 PM
Master Fan

Hee, yes, that's true. I think he was surprised at how difficult dating or talking to women were after a lifetime of marriage. I loved that aspect, how bad he was with women, because it just made so much sense. He lived his whole marriage figuring out Julia, and when she was gone, he had to figure out another person from scratch.
Old 09-30-2010, 10:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Because I know (hoping more really) that we get some more honesty moments with these two. They are already pretty brutally honest with each other about everything, but their feelings. I want them to completely open up and reveal what's been going on for a really long time.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 10-01-2010, 11:08 AM
Master Fan

Good point about them both being brutally honest. Especially Nina. Andy needs that sometimes. Which is why Julia was so perfect and why Nina is too. He needs to be told he's being an idiot sometimes. But, yeah, the one thing they both have difficulty being honest about is each other. Neither has been able to admit to the other what they're feeling, but they're so open about most everything else.
Old 10-01-2010, 08:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

they are more open on Nina's "foot massager" than their feelings for each other.

and edna is a good fit with the brutally honest stuff too
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 10-02-2010, 08:05 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia
and edna is a good fit with the brutally honest stuff too
Definitely! In a whole different way for Andy than Julia and Nina, luckily.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread