Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2009, 04:55 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty
TV moms have definitely come a long way from the Donna Reed Show. Rose was a great wife and mom who didn't have to come to the door wearing her high heels, pearls, apron and greeting her husband with a martini and his slippers.
Harold didn't have to enter his house by saying, "I'm home!!" They were a beautiful loving couple who had their own fulfilled lives.
Although I'm sure there were many times when Rose did want that martini while dealing with Harold, heh.

Agreed with the dinners. No wonder Chris Pratt ate a plateful every single take, hee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taryn
One thing I really loved about Harold and Rose is that even though they had their disagreements, they never ever ever belittled each other - not within arguments, not to anyone else. I get so tired of TV couples where you wonder why they're even married if they so obviously don't even like each other.
Agreed completely. They loved each other, and showed it all the time. Although there is that one really ugly argument in S2 where Rose threatens that Amy is tearing their marriage apart and Harold is being condescending to her and everything. It's so hard to watch for the reason that you stated: they never belittle each other even when they're fighting, but they get as close to belittling each other at that point as they ever get. Which says more about what dealing with Amy and her leaving did to them more than who they were as a married couple, of course.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
'Tos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 07:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

They did love each other and always understood each other, given time. The family always worked things out.

I think, secretly, Harold saved all of his belittling steam for Andy
{EphramAmy}
patricia
break the window is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 07:34 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternativechick (View Post)
They did love each other and always understood each other, given time. The family always worked things out.

I think, secretly, Harold saved all of his belittling steam for Andy
Hee, yes. Harold had a total hatecrush on Andy. He was obsessed with him in S1. It's kind of cute in its own way. Mostly because Andy doesn't seem to mind. Some of the things Harold says, though, whoo boy. If I was Andy I'd be pretty pissed.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 06-04-2010, 07:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Andy didn't take offense to it, he was always letting Harold be who Harold needed to be. Remember, Andy had his practice of medicine in New York City. He had celebrity patients, I'm sure he took quite a bit of stuff from naysayers while there. So a tiny quarrell from Harold Abbott was the least of the worries Andy had to overcome with starting over.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 06-04-2010, 07:43 PM
Master Fan

Oh, great point. Yeah, Andy would be used to people like Harold. He also had a lot of fun making Harold's life miserable too. I LOVED the smiles Treat would get on his face when Andy would win one over on Harold and make him groan. They're the greatest pair.
Old 06-04-2010, 07:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

they were so the Odd Couple. Everything Andy did bugged Harold. Because Harold wanted to be number one and for Andy to come in and be liked (not just for the free visits) automatically put a lot of strain on Harold as a person
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 06-04-2010, 08:17 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, a big part of it is jealousy from Harold. And I think Andy understands that. He does, in a lot of ways, want to be just a normal person. But the townspeople at first idealize him, and Harold goes the opposite direction. In some ways, I think he prefers the way Harold treats him, but in more ways, Andy has a big ego.
Old 06-04-2010, 09:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

seeing Andy happy about ANYTHING when he got to Everwood made my day!
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 06-04-2010, 09:20 PM
Master Fan

That Andy Brown smile is seriously contagious. It's all in the beard, hee.
Reply   Post New Thread