Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2019, 11:36 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
Love them too! I love how they've been written this season so far... they actually have alone scenes together away from the team... miracle.

Yes, it's so cool Everwood essentially "made" Chris. He is just so naturally raw and awesome on Everwood. You could feel a star in the making when you look back and watch now.

I see. Oh, yes, I heard about Veronica Mars. I was always planning on watching the series but given what they did to Logan in the revival I'm glad I didn't go there!

How would you rank the Everwood seasons so far?

ETA: A little bit of fun information since Hannah's your favorite character... way back in the day when Hannah was first introduced as a character (to the writers)... initially they were going to create Hannah as a Single White Female psycho/disturbed person... she was initially written to be obsessed with Amy and wanting to take over Amy's life. We actually saw the Sides (the script) over on Fanbolt Spoilers. We saw Hannah in psycho form in writing (the script). LOL. It was interesting. The script was released (someone on spoilers over there had access to scripts) and then several days later, we received another script changing the character of Hannah for the better... shy, introverted, kind, and would become Amy's best friend. The change was very quick. Thankfully the change transpired! LOL. Also... the character of Hannah is based on Rina Mimoun growing up. Season 3, when Hannah was introduced, Berlanti took a slight step back from the show and Rina took over a little more (he then returned back to the top spot in season 4). So Rina created Hannah (the good/actual version we received) and it was due to personal experience.
I have more thoughts on our beloved West Allen. I posted on the OT thread. So we can stay on topic here.

Yes, Chris was so honest in his work. He always is, same with Parks and Recreation. It was fun to see his pre Andy and so young. I also loved Sarah Lancaster and her raw honest portrayal of Madison and well as the one who plays Hannah.

I think I liked the final season the best. That followed by season two.

That's interesting about Hannah, watching the Everwood panel, they said that she was supposed to be into Ephram and create an obstacle there, and maybe that could have happened through that. But she had no chemistry with Gregory but she did with Chris, so they quickly changed and she wasn't supposed to be a regular.

Oh, and if you haven't seen V Mars, watch it, just stop after the movie. It's still a great show.
Old 10-20-2019, 04:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatB (View Post)
I have more thoughts on our beloved West Allen. I posted on the OT thread. So we can stay on topic here.
Nice conversation over there.

Quote:
Yes, Chris was so honest in his work. He always is, same with Parks and Recreation. It was fun to see his pre Andy and so young. I also loved Sarah Lancaster and her raw honest portrayal of Madison and well as the one who plays Hannah.
I never watched Parks and Recreation. I know, bad Chris fan. LOL. I want to eventually watch. Is the series overall good or you liked it mostly for Chris? I love Sarah Lancaster as well. Did you watch Chuck? She was great in Chuck as well. I loved Sarah Drew as an actress, too. All of the Everwood cast is incredibly talented.

Quote:
I think I liked the final season the best. That followed by season two.
Yes, that's the thing about Everwood... many pick either Season 1 or Season 4 as their favorite season... proof of how great a series it really is. The quality never dropped. When Season 4 is arguably the best season of the season you know the quality never dropped. The show had so much more to give. Stupid CW wanting a different flavor (more teen drama type of shows) instead. Everwood had better ratings than most shows picked up.

Quote:
That's interesting about Hannah, watching the Everwood panel, they said that she was supposed to be into Ephram and create an obstacle there, and maybe that could have happened through that. But she had no chemistry with Gregory but she did with Chris, so they quickly changed and she wasn't supposed to be a regular.
Yes, exactly. I am glad Greg and Sarah never had chemistry together. I couldn't imagine Hannah with anyone else but Bright.

Quote:
Oh, and if you haven't seen V Mars, watch it, just stop after the movie. It's still a great show.
Good idea. Did you ship any pairings on VM?
Old 10-20-2019, 05:19 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Nice conversation over there.

I never watched Parks and Recreation. I know, bad Chris fan. LOL. I want to eventually watch. Is the series overall good or you liked it mostly for Chris? I love Sarah Lancaster as well. Did you watch Chuck? She was great in Chuck as well. I loved Sarah Drew as an actress, too. All of the Everwood cast is incredibly talented.

Yes, that's the thing about Everwood... many pick either Season 1 or Season 4 as their favorite season... proof of how great a series it really is. The quality never dropped. When Season 4 is arguably the best season of the season you know the quality never dropped. The show had so much more to give. Stupid CW wanting a different flavor (more teen drama type of shows) instead. Everwood had better ratings than most shows picked up.

Yes, exactly. I am glad Greg and Sarah never had chemistry together. I couldn't imagine Hannah with anyone else but Bright.

Good idea. Did you ship any pairings on VM?
Parks and Rec is amazing! The whole cast is fantastic! One really great relationship goals couple and one surprise, I really needed that couple. Very little in the way of tv troupes. Some of the best friendships on tv, ever! Season one starts slow. Season two got better and every season after that got better. Like with Chuck, they were always on the bubble, so they didn't waste time. So by now, you guessed I watched Chuck. I watched that live, first to last. Still pissed about the finale.

Veronica Mars, I loved a couple on there but I don't wanna spoil it, cause it came out of left field. I also loved Wallace and Veronica's friendship! We can chat more about all of this in the OT thread, if you want. I love talking TV.

I agree, I can not picture Hannah and Ephram, it would have been like a bad AU fanfic.

I agree, some shows never loose quality, and that is rare. Other than Parks, I can not think of a show that I loved every season. Even Friends, I love seasons 5-10 a lot better, that the first half. Parenthood was good throughout, but there were things I didn't like.
Old 10-21-2019, 09:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Parks and Rec is amazing! The whole cast is fantastic! One really great relationship goals couple and one surprise, I really needed that couple. Very little in the way of tv troupes. Some of the best friendships on tv, ever! Season one starts slow. Season two got better and every season after that got better. Like with Chuck, they were always on the bubble, so they didn't waste time. So by now, you guessed I watched Chuck. I watched that live, first to last. Still pissed about the finale.

Veronica Mars, I loved a couple on there but I don't wanna spoil it, cause it came out of left field. I also loved Wallace and Veronica's friendship! We can chat more about all of this in the OT thread, if you want. I love talking TV.

I agree, I can not picture Hannah and Ephram, it would have been like a bad AU fanfic.

I agree, some shows never loose quality, and that is rare. Other than Parks, I can not think of a show that I loved every season. Even Friends, I love seasons 5-10 a lot better, that the first half. Parenthood was good throughout, but there were things I didn't like.
I am going to put Parks and Rec on my list of shows to eventually watch. Sounds really good. I also watched Chuck from start to finish and like you, I am not over that horrible finale. I want a reboot/revival in order to fix that disaster.

I love talking TV as well and there's actually a lot of Veronica Mars fans on this board in general.

Apparently IF a Season 5 Everwood would have taken place, Berlanti was going to go a bit soapy and introduce some storylines he even said most fans wouldn't have loved. There is talk he was going to go with a brief Ephram/Hannah bit as well as Nina possibly pregnant with Jake's baby and an Andy/Nina/Jake triangle. Madison was actually going to return very briefly and possibly try to get her baby back from the adopted parents. It sounded like a disaster but in an interview Berlanti basically winked to the Everwood fandom and said to be patient... you could tell he was saying he would play the game to go from the WB to the CW (and introduce the soapy storylines) but they would tie up very quickly. He emphasized trusting him. I am actually glad it never happened. Everwood was too good to sacrifice just to transition to a new network that, at the time, mostly favored less quality over quality in order to cater to a younger audience.

Totally agree about Friends.
Old 10-21-2019, 03:34 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I am going to put Parks and Rec on my list of shows to eventually watch. Sounds really good. I also watched Chuck from start to finish and like you, I am not over that horrible finale. I want a reboot/revival in order to fix that disaster.

I love talking TV as well and there's actually a lot of Veronica Mars fans on this board in general.

Apparently IF a Season 5 Everwood would have taken place, Berlanti was going to go a bit soapy and introduce some storylines he even said most fans wouldn't have loved. There is talk he was going to go with a brief Ephram/Hannah bit as well as Nina possibly pregnant with Jake's baby and an Andy/Nina/Jake triangle. Madison was actually going to return very briefly and possibly try to get her baby back from the adopted parents. It sounded like a disaster but in an interview Berlanti basically winked to the Everwood fandom and said to be patient... you could tell he was saying he would play the game to go from the WB to the CW (and introduce the soapy storylines) but they would tie up very quickly. He emphasized trusting him. I am actually glad it never happened. Everwood was too good to sacrifice just to transition to a new network that, at the time, mostly favored less quality over quality in order to cater to a younger audience.

Totally agree about Friends.
Wow! Where to start, Parks, good choice. Chandler and Monica made Friends for me, I think I watched for them, before there was a them. I also loved Rachel and Joey as roommates. That season five sounds awful, they would have definitely lost fans and that would have cost them, then they would have been canceled with that bad taste in their mouth.

Trust me, trust me, I am getting echos of Amy saying trust me, when she introduced Luke's kid and other things on Gilmore Girls. And we have heard a lot of showrunners say that since. Heck, we have been straight up lied to, cough HIMYM. So, it sounds like they dodged a bullet. Plus, I think Parks and Recreation started right after Everwood and I can not imagine anyone else playing Andy.

If I recall Zach, he started talking about a movie, right after Chuck ended. I can not imagine anyone liking that finale. Especially Yavonne. She had so many scenes alone, or with her friends, but she couldn't be Sarah. No closeness or emotion. For a lot of the last few episodes.
Old 10-22-2019, 09:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Wow! Where to start, Parks, good choice. Chandler and Monica made Friends for me, I think I watched for them, before there was a them. I also loved Rachel and Joey as roommates. That season five sounds awful, they would have definitely lost fans and that would have cost them, then they would have been canceled with that bad taste in their mouth.

Trust me, trust me, I am getting echos of Amy saying trust me, when she introduced Luke's kid and other things on Gilmore Girls. And we have heard a lot of showrunners say that since. Heck, we have been straight up lied to, cough HIMYM. So, it sounds like they dodged a bullet. Plus, I think Parks and Recreation started right after Everwood and I can not imagine anyone else playing Andy.

If I recall Zach, he started talking about a movie, right after Chuck ended. I can not imagine anyone liking that finale. Especially Yavonne. She had so many scenes alone, or with her friends, but she couldn't be Sarah. No closeness or emotion. For a lot of the last few episodes.
I loved Chandler and Monica as well. I liked the main pairings of Ross/Rachel and Monica/Chandler. Friends is such a classic. Would you be up for a revival or reunion/movie? Yes, it would have seemed like an entirely different show if Berlanti went there, even briefly. I think it worked out for the best. The series finale was so good.

Makes sense. Did you like Luke/Lorelai? One of my favorite ships of all time.

What were the writers thinking concerning the Chuck series finale? What a joke. It was so awful, the couple episodes leading up to the series finale were awful too!
Old 10-22-2019, 03:52 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I loved Chandler and Monica as well. I liked the main pairings of Ross/Rachel and Monica/Chandler. Friends is such a classic. Would you be up for a revival or reunion/movie? Yes, it would have seemed like an entirely different show if Berlanti went there, even briefly. I think it worked out for the best. The series finale was so good.

Makes sense. Did you like Luke/Lorelai? One of my favorite ships of all time.

What were the writers thinking concerning the Chuck series finale? What a joke. It was so awful, the couple episodes leading up to the series finale were awful too!
Okay, so first of all,
I am still pissed about the Chuck finale, it's right behind HIMYM for the worst finale I have seen. HIMYM, is by far the worst, because of their nine year betrayal to the fans, It was premeditated. Chuck, they came up with that garbage, in the final season. For me, the show ended with the reunion with Sarah's mom. I still remember watching the finale, live with my nieces. like we try to do, when something big is on, and we all were like WTH?!

I loved Mondler, I liked RR, until the bait and switch with the beach episode. From then, I just wasn't a fan. The more I watch and rewatch, I don't like them. No offence. I just didn't ever see them enjoy each other. Not like Mon and Chandler. That said, if we got a reunion, Ross and Rachel would be on another break, and the whole reunion would be to get them back together. As a RR fan, what did you think about spending the majority of the series, with them apart? I would have felt cheated. Like I felt about Luke and Lorelia, breaking them up and waiting till the finale. to get them back together. I don't blame David though, he had to clean up Amy's mess, when she left at the send of season six.

I think you are right. It worked out for the best. Ending before everyone is OOC. Chuck should have ended a season before it did.
Old 10-23-2019, 03:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Okay, so first of all,
I am still pissed about the Chuck finale, it's right behind HIMYM for the worst finale I have seen. HIMYM, is by far the worst, because of their nine year betrayal to the fans, It was premeditated. Chuck, they came up with that garbage, in the final season. For me, the show ended with the reunion with Sarah's mom. I still remember watching the finale, live with my nieces. like we try to do, when something big is on, and we all were like WTH?!

I loved Mondler, I liked RR, until the bait and switch with the beach episode. From then, I just wasn't a fan. The more I watch and rewatch, I don't like them. No offence. I just didn't ever see them enjoy each other. Not like Mon and Chandler. That said, if we got a reunion, Ross and Rachel would be on another break, and the whole reunion would be to get them back together. As a RR fan, what did you think about spending the majority of the series, with them apart? I would have felt cheated. Like I felt about Luke and Lorelia, breaking them up and waiting till the finale. to get them back together. I don't blame David though, he had to clean up Amy's mess, when she left at the send of season six.

I think you are right. It worked out for the best. Ending before everyone is OOC. Chuck should have ended a season before it did.
I never watched HIMYM and I've always been thankful for this fact based on that ending. One of my guy friends watched the show faithfully and while he didn't ship any pairings, he was just pissed because he thought the ending didn't make any sense. I wonder if TPTB regret that ending considering the vast majority of the fanbase was pissed off, even critics were ripping the ending to pieces.

As a RR fan, I was very ticked the pairing spent more time apart than together. I thought the best time to reunite was right around the birth of Emma (even though it should have been before this time, like when Ross said Rachel's name while attempting to marry Emily, lol). I did think it was completely frustrating it took until the series finale to reunite but I was on board for a couple of reasons:

1. Monica and Chandler were just so perfect together. I almost feel like TPTB never would've had Monica/Chandler and Ross/Rachel together romantically at the same time for several seasons. It almost negates the title of the show... Friends. I do feel like the writers decided to keep Monica/Chandler together without major bumps and would reunite Ross/Rachel at the end (while reminding the audience constantly that they would reunite eventually).

2. The actors wanted it so much. All six actors shipped Ross/Rachel. Matter of fact, when the writers toyed with Joey/Rachel, Matt, Jen, and David were all pissed at this storyline. They did not want it at all because of Ross/Rachel. They all wanted Ross/Rachel.

3. I just couldn't imagine Ross and Rachel ending up with anyone else but each other. It didn't make any sense based on what we saw throughout the series.

I just wish like I said, they would have reunited sooner but due to 1, I firmly think that's why they didn't and I'm okay with that overall.

The Luke/Lorelai situation was messy. They suffered as a result of ASP leaving which sucks. Did you watch the revival and if so, what did you think?
Old 10-23-2019, 05:40 PM
Master Fan

Wow! That's a lot to unpack. I agree with some of that. I'll have to agree to disagree with other things.

I did see the Gilmore revival and it was uneven for me. Rory was a hot mess, and not in a good way. Or realistic, for the girl we knew. But then again, she did sleep with a married guy and steal a boat. So what do I know? But I liked Lorelei's story, for the most part. Although,
I don't buy that they wouldn't have already been married. I know, they wanted to give the fans the wedding, but I don't buy it, not really. Plus we didn't really get the wedding. I say that, cause I so wanted Mama Gilmore to attend her wedding. After all they had been through.
That said, I loved Emily's story.
Old 10-24-2019, 12:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I was so disappointed in Rory's story in the revival. I even questioned if ASP just got sick of writing for Rory. It was a big disappointment. Thankfully, I was never a huge Rory fan. I liked Rory, but as a rule, Lorelai was my favorite character. So Rory's storyline bothered me but not deeply. Diehard Rory fans were very upset and I can understand why.
Old 10-24-2019, 12:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Guys, if anyone has an Everwood topic they want to discuss, go for it!
Old 10-25-2019, 11:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Guys, if anyone has an Everwood topic they want to discuss, go for it!
If Bright had been injured...or died in the accident with Colin, how different would Ephram's approach be to Amy in the beginning of the series?
patricia
Old 10-25-2019, 11:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulfilledღ (View Post)
If Bright had been injured...or died in the accident with Colin, how different would Ephram's approach be to Amy in the beginning of the series?
What a fabulous question, Patricia! It's never been asked before in all these years. See why you can never leave this board?

Putting it in the title now!
Old 10-25-2019, 11:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Patricia's Question

If Bright had been injured... or died in the accident with Colin, how different would Ephram's approach be to Amy in the beginning of the series?
Old 10-25-2019, 12:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Patricia's Question

If Bright had been injured... or died in the accident with Colin, how different would Ephram's approach be to Amy in the beginning of the series?
With Ephram being hurt by Amy's rejections in the first place, I'm not sure how much would change. Although Amy was giving Ephram the wrong idea, she was still very much in love with Colin. However, if able to pursue his feelings further than he was given originally, I think Ephram and Amy would've gotten together sooner and maybe Amy wouldn't have been so jaded to Colin's emotions once he came out of the coma.

Amy never allowed herself to date anyone, reason she became so obsessed with Colin. I think if Amy allowed herself to get to know Ephram, she wouldn't be so jaded into thinking Colin was okay once coming out of his coma.
patricia
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top