Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2019, 01:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Here's one...

Amy/Delia... what a beautiful dynamic that was way too brief and we were left with having to fill in blanks about their future sister relationship.

But I loved this moment SO much:

I was really hoping we would get many more moments between these two before the series concluded. I never liked Delia and Madison... makes my skin crawl because I despise Madison. I also hated that girly girl BS. Delia was a tomboy who liked hockey. Nothing wrong with that. She can (and would be) both though, an athletic tomboy who was feminine and embraced both. I love how Amy talked to Delia about hockey (as well as being a girl, hormones).

I often think about what Amy/Delia would be like as sisters in the future. I think this moment gives us insight. I believe they would end up being very close.

What do you guys think?

What kind of sister relationship do you see Amy and Delia having?
Old 08-22-2019, 12:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
What kind of sister relationship do you see Amy and Delia having?

A really close bond. Even though Amy is only a few years older than Delia, she, I think would still have a big sister/mother type friendship with her. Delia didn't get a lot of time with Julia and never had a sister to relate to. Face it, the Brown family in New York was broken. We never heard about Delia having any friends when she was in New York, so who did she really have to hang out with? The closest mom to Delia will be Nina and would that be the only woman to influence her life? I don't think so.

Amy will influence Delia's life in more ways than either of them can imagine. First of all, Amy is the only woman that can, in every instance, make Ephram happy. Isn't that what everyone wants for our favorite brooding Brown?

Also, Amy wants to relate to Delia. She's been there, being the younger sister to a brother who seems to have everything figured out and parnets who are seemingly perfect. Where does that leave the younger sister? It leaves them with a cool best friend, aka, sister in law.

I think Amy will also be there to guide Delia in ways that Andy would not be able to understand and in ways that only Delia can relate to. So I'd say it's more of a friendship, it's not quite a mother-daughter relationship, but it's somewhere in between.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 08-22-2019, 09:23 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia
A really close bond. Even though Amy is only a few years older than Delia, she, I think would still have a big sister/mother type friendship with her. Delia didn't get a lot of time with Julia and never had a sister to relate to. Face it, the Brown family in New York was broken. We never heard about Delia having any friends when she was in New York, so who did she really have to hang out with? The closest mom to Delia will be Nina and would that be the only woman to influence her life? I don't think so.

Amy will influence Delia's life in more ways than either of them can imagine. First of all, Amy is the only woman that can, in every instance, make Ephram happy. Isn't that what everyone wants for our favorite brooding Brown?

Also, Amy wants to relate to Delia. She's been there, being the younger sister to a brother who seems to have everything figured out and parnets who are seemingly perfect. Where does that leave the younger sister? It leaves them with a cool best friend, aka, sister in law.

I think Amy will also be there to guide Delia in ways that Andy would not be able to understand and in ways that only Delia can relate to. So I'd say it's more of a friendship, it's not quite a mother-daughter relationship, but it's somewhere in between.
Excellent thoughts, Patricia. I completely agree with your every word. I love your thoughts so much (always) and a smile goes on my face when you exist on the board.

How long do you think it would take for them to form a super close bond? Did it happen shortly after Ephram and Amy took that final ride on the Ferris Wheel in happy endgame fashion or would it take some time? What would their evolution be like?
Old 08-23-2019, 04:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree with Michelle, Patricia. You always have wonderful articulate thoughts and are such an asset to our board. Thanks!

Quote:
How long do you?
I don't think it would take much time for Amy and Delia to form a special bond. I think the two of them had a connection from the beginning. Now that Delia is older..the relationship would just get stronger and stronger. She will take advantage of her respect for Amy as a big sister and trusted mentor. Amy will love and respect Delia as the adorable little sister of the love of her life. Delia is easy to love, but the fact that she is Ephram's sister and he loves her so much has always had influence on how Amy feels about her.
Because Ephram was so protective of Delia Amy would want to do the same.

Delia is one lucky girl!
Old 08-24-2019, 01:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
I agree with Michelle, Patricia. You always have wonderful articulate thoughts and are such an asset to our board. Thanks!

I don't think it would take much time for Amy and Delia to form a special bond. I think the two of them had a connection from the beginning. Now that Delia is older..the relationship would just get stronger and stronger. She will take advantage of her respect for Amy as a big sister and trusted mentor. Amy will love and respect Delia as the adorable little sister of the love of her life. Delia is easy to love, but the fact that she is Ephram's sister and he loves her so much has always had influence on how Amy feels about her.
Because Ephram was so protective of Delia Amy would want to do the same.

Delia is one lucky girl!
Very true.

I also think it’s neat that neither of them have a biological sister. They both have brothers. It makes their sister bond all the more meant to be and powerful.
Old 08-24-2019, 07:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle (View Post)
Excellent thoughts, Patricia. I completely agree with your every word. I love your thoughts so much (always) and a smile goes on my face when you exist on the board.

Thank you I'm tirelessly working on a couple of Everwood fanfics right now. I started the Christmas one and it turned into something totally different. It's not Hallmark inspired, but it's powerful and proves something in a lot of characters that you wouldn't expect to react the way they will. I'm nervous about putting it out there because it is SO LEFT OF CENTER of what ya'll expect from Everwood, so that's why it's taking FOREVER to get it done. BUT...it will be done and I'm super proud of what's come out of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle (View Post)
How long do you think it would take for them to form a super close bond? Did it happen shortly after Ephram and Amy took that final ride on the Ferris Wheel in happy endgame fashion or would it take some time? What would their evolution be like?

I think once Ephram and Amy figured out where their relationship would be going is when Delia and Amy would find their footing. Other than being with Ephram, how did Amy feel like she fit into the world of the Brown Family? She would want to be a sister to Delia, but if her and Ephram wouldn't fall into step, how awkward would it be that her and Delia would still be close. Sad to say, if Ephram and Amy didn't work out and went separate ways, I don't see Delia and Amy being close. Delia, although she may not see it yet, she will always be very close to the woman that Ephram has in his life. That is Amy, through and through. I think it'll just take a little time for Delia and Amy to get there )
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 08-25-2019, 07:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm thinking that it didn't matter to Delia what stage Amy and Ephram's relationship was. She was her own person and liked who she liked. Remember season one....Bright was horrible to Ephram and there was no friendship there. But....that did not deter Delia. She related very very well with Bright and thought he was awesome!
Old 08-25-2019, 08:19 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulfilledღ (View Post)
Thank you I'm tirelessly working on a couple of Everwood fanfics right now. I started the Christmas one and it turned into something totally different. It's not Hallmark inspired, but it's powerful and proves something in a lot of characters that you wouldn't expect to react the way they will. I'm nervous about putting it out there because it is SO LEFT OF CENTER of what ya'll expect from Everwood, so that's why it's taking FOREVER to get it done. BUT...it will be done and I'm super proud of what's come out of it.
I am looking forward to reading whatever you create.

Quote:
I think once Ephram and Amy figured out where their relationship would be going is when Delia and Amy would find their footing. Other than being with Ephram, how did Amy feel like she fit into the world of the Brown Family? She would want to be a sister to Delia, but if her and Ephram wouldn't fall into step, how awkward would it be that her and Delia would still be close. Sad to say, if Ephram and Amy didn't work out and went separate ways, I don't see Delia and Amy being close. Delia, although she may not see it yet, she will always be very close to the woman that Ephram has in his life. That is Amy, through and through. I think it'll just take a little time for Delia and Amy to get there )
Nice thoughts.

Amy and Andy always intrigued me as well. I liked how it was noted they spent a little time together when Ephram was in NYC after Amy came home. I would imagine they would be fairly close. Also, Harold and Ephram is another fascinating dynamic I would love to see on the screen.
Old 08-25-2019, 06:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Amy and Andy always intrigued me as well. I liked how it was noted they spent a little time together when Ephram was in NYC after Amy came home. I would imagine they would be fairly close. Also, Harold and Ephram is another fascinating dynamic I would love to see on the screen.

I don't think we've ever really talked about the type of relationship/bond that Ephram would have with Harold given that Ephram would, some day, be his son-in-law
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 08-25-2019, 08:47 PM
Part-Time Fan

I wish I saw this sooner.

Everwood - Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
Old 08-25-2019, 09:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulfilledღ (View Post)
I don't think we've ever really talked about the type of relationship/bond that Ephram would have with Harold given that Ephram would, some day, be his son-in-law
We haven't. Should we go there?
Old 08-25-2019, 09:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca456 (View Post)
This is so freaken great.
Old 08-25-2019, 10:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I found this on Wikipedia, not sure if anyone's seen it or not, but it's new to me.

Quote:
Series finale

Everwood's series finale, which aired on Monday, June 5, 2006, was seen by 4.07 million viewers.

The final episode, "Foreverwood", was written as both a season and a series finale. Because of the impending WB/UPN merger into the CW Television Network, the future of the series was uncertain, and the producers wrote two endings: the aired version, as well as additional scenes where Madison showed up to cause some cliffhanger trouble. Originally, the producers had scripted a montage for the "series-finale cut" that went forty years into the future to show a majority of the gang at Andy's funeral—showing the series coming full circle; this was never filmed due to budgetary reasons as well as the producers' hopes that they would receive a fifth season.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 08-26-2019, 08:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca456 (View Post)
Love it! lol
Old 08-26-2019, 08:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
We haven't. Should we go there?
Yes...I think we should.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread