Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2019, 09:09 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
I would have hated all the proposed stories that were rumored, and I especially wouldn't have wanted to see a romance involving Ephram and Hannah, because that would have ruined Ephram and Bright's friendship and Amy and Hannah's friendship, and it would have made it difficult for Ephram and Amy to get back together. Thank God we didn't see all those rumored stories.
Exactly. It would have delayed the Ephram/Amy reunion and it was already delayed for a long time. It would have been ridiculous. Bright never would have been okay with Ephram dating Hannah. He would’ve been so angry. I don’t see him ever forgiving Ephram. Amy with Hannah as well but especially Bright with Ephram. I could’ve seen Amy telling Hannah it was OK, she has moved on (lying the entire time). Whereas with Bright there’s no way he would’ve been OK and he would’ve told Ephram as much.
Old 07-04-2019, 12:12 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
Exactly. It would have delayed the Ephram/Amy reunion and it was already delayed for a long time. It would have been ridiculous. Bright never would have been okay with Ephram dating Hannah. He would’ve been so angry. I don’t see him ever forgiving Ephram. Amy with Hannah as well but especially Bright with Ephram. I could’ve seen Amy telling Hannah it was OK, she has moved on (lying the entire time). Whereas with Bright there’s no way he would’ve been OK and he would’ve told Ephram as much.
I don't think that Bright would have forgiven Ephram either. There are certain lines you shouldn't cross, and one of them is dating your friend's ex-girlfriend, but of course Berlanti crossed that line on Dawson's Creek, so I don't have total confidence that it wouldn't happen again.

There was a show called Life Unexpected that was really good in its first season, but when it didn't do well in the ratings, The CW demanded and got soapy storylines like the 16 year old daughter having an affair with her teacher, and one of the characters dating a woman who had been having an affair with his father, and another character cheating on his wife and getting the woman that he cheated with pregnant, and the show went to crap and was cancelled after the second season, so The CW has a history of ruining good shows, and they could have ruined Everwood.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 07-04-2019, 01:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
I don't think that Bright would have forgiven Ephram either. There are certain lines you shouldn't cross, and one of them is dating your friend's ex-girlfriend, but of course Berlanti crossed that line on Dawson's Creek, so I don't have total confidence that it wouldn't happen again.
That's an excellent point. We know what happened on Dawson's Creek. I read an interview with Berlanti saying Dawson/Joey should have ended up together. If he was truly responsible for Pacey/Joey initially, you would think he wouldn't dream of being so careless on his own show even if he controlled the story.

Quote:
There was a show called Life Unexpected that was really good in its first season, but when it didn't do well in the ratings, The CW demanded and got soapy storylines like the 16 year old daughter having an affair with her teacher, and one of the characters dating a woman who had been having an affair with his father, and another character cheating on his wife and getting the woman that he cheated with pregnant, and the show went to crap and was cancelled after the second season, so The CW has a history of ruining good shows, and they could have ruined Everwood.
Wow, what a joke. I never watched that show but heard it was good (or initially anyway). I don't understand why The CW wanted lower quality soap opera trash instead of quality. The Superhero shows are higher in quality (Supergirl and The Flash for sure) which is surprising. Then again, the network can't interfere with Comic writing so they can't really do anything about higher quality in this case. On Supergirl, Kara has not dated anyone (even casually) for well over a year. An entire season and a half approximately Kara has been single. I have been pleasantly surprised. Amazing that a female lead character is not thrown with a male character for a season and a half. It's refreshing. At least The CW has allowed this. I am shocked, to be honest. It could be because Berlanti has made them money with all of these Superhero shows and they won't intervene too much (along with Comic Canon). Damage is already done with some of their other past shows, however.
Old 07-25-2019, 11:37 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Why did Berlanti name the series "Everwood" ???

Do we even know? LOL. I know it's a fictional town in Colorado, it doesn't really exist. But why Everwood for a name? I don't know if this has ever been discussed before. It might be a quick discussion though, lol, but it's still interesting.
Old 07-25-2019, 12:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:

Do we even know? LOL. I know it's a fictional town in Colorado, it doesn't really exist. But why Everwood for a name? I don't know if this has ever been discussed before. It might be a quick discussion though, lol, but it's still interesting.
That is a tough question! All I find when I research is where Everwood was filmed and not why that particular name was chosen. Too bad we can't ask Greg what his reason was.
I guess it was a pretty name that kind of reminded people of nature and the outdoors...but he could have had other reasons.
Old 07-25-2019, 12:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
That is a tough question! All I find when I research is where Everwood was filmed and not why that particular name was chosen. Too bad we can't ask Greg what his reason was.
I guess it was a pretty name that kind of reminded people of nature and the outdoors...but he could have had other reasons.
I looked as well! Isn’t it shocking we have never talked about this before? LOL. Maybe I’ll ask him on Twitter and see if he responds.
Old 07-25-2019, 02:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Okay, I directly Tweeted him. Let's see if he responds. He might not of course. Chances are he will not respond (might never even see it, some don't even read the Tweets/responses and just Tweet out instead) but you never know. We'll see.
Old 07-25-2019, 07:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Okay, I directly Tweeted him. Let's see if he responds. He might not of course. Chances are he will not respond (might never even see it, some don't even read the Tweets/responses and just Tweet out instead) but you never know. We'll see.
I hope he sees it! Wouldn't that be something!
Old 07-25-2019, 10:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:

I'm probably overreaching and completely wrong, but I'm going to post this anyway...

How about a "Would you Ever". As in...Why would Ephram ever think he had a chance with Amy....Why would Andy think he could ever open his heart again to another woman?

Why would any character EVER do anything they're afraid to do...because they BELIEVE THEY CAN
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 07-26-2019, 03:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
I hope he sees it! Wouldn't that be something!
It would! So far, nothing, but we will see.
Old 07-26-2019, 03:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulfilledღ (View Post)
I'm probably overreaching and completely wrong, but I'm going to post this anyway...

How about a "Would you Ever". As in...Why would Ephram ever think he had a chance with Amy....Why would Andy think he could ever open his heart again to another woman?

Why would any character EVER do anything they're afraid to do...because they BELIEVE THEY CAN
I love this!
Old 07-26-2019, 08:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:

This sounds like a perfect explanation, Patricia!. Even if that was not Berlanti's reasoning...it should be.

Last edited by everwoodfan52; 07-27-2019 at 05:50 AM
Old 07-26-2019, 09:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Aww, thanks everybody!
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 07-27-2019, 08:09 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Aww, thanks everybody!
Old 08-21-2019, 12:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Want to come up with a new topic.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread