Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2009, 04:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

BTW you guys, Alex also won on the BSG board for another outstanding video so if you are a fan of that show and/or a fan of Frenchies videos check it out, this video is tremendous... http://www.fanforum.com/f256/2009-fa...tica-62904663/

Last edited by jediwands; 07-20-2009 at 05:08 PM
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 11:54 AM
Dedicated Fan

LOL. I watched Alex's BSG video per your request and it was fabulous. I am not a diehard of that show but I watch it fairly casually and that video makes me want to start watching the show from start to finish. You have such a great talent, Alex.
SPORTSUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 05:58 AM
buffyannAlex

Thanks it's my favourite vid of mine so I'm glad you liked it.
Old 07-21-2009, 07:38 AM
Dedicated Fan

I did, it's lovely. I am interested in this show based on purely watching this amazing video which, I think, shows how convincing you are as an artist.
Old 07-21-2009, 08:26 AM
buffyannAlex

Well, thanks
Old 07-21-2009, 10:09 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I have never watched a scene of that show and I am interested in it based on Alex's great talent and I know I can sound biased for obvious reasons but it's not that because I still try to separate her art from my personal feelings and think about if this wasn't her work, how would I feel? I'd feel the same, she's got this incredible talent that just hits you with such a wonderful feeling that simply captures you in such a natural way. Back to not having watched the show, I feel like while watching this video I am taken straight to the heart of the origin of this show, like I am directly there totally experiencing what is going on. That is how real and moving it is. I don't know anything about the technical elements of video making in the least so I cannot ever comment on that aspect but I do know about feelings, emotions and good pieces of art and this is one of them, as are all of her videos. She's a tremendous talent, not just in vidding, but in many areas of her life which is one of the things I love about her.

Last edited by jediwands; 07-21-2009 at 11:45 AM
Old 07-21-2009, 10:29 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)
I have never watched a scene of that show and I am intereted in it based on Alex's great talent and I know I can sound biased for obvious reasons but it's not that because I still try to separate her art from my personal feelings and think about if this wasn't her work, how would I feel? I feel the same, she's got this incredible talent that just hits you with such a wonderful feeling that simply captures you in such a natural way. Back to not having watched the show, I feel like while watching this video I am taken straight to the heart of the origin of this show, like I am directly there totally experiencing what is going on. That is how real and moving it is. I don't know anything about the technical elements of video making in the least so I cannot ever comment on that aspect but I do know about feelings, emotions and good pieces of art and this is one of them, as are all of her videos. She's a tremendous talent, not just in vidding, but in many areas of her life which is one of the things I love about her.
Awwww such sweet words.

I wholeheartedly agree, not about the personal part since that's only you and Alex but I agree wholeheartedly regarding how she takes you right to the origin, that is so well stated, I feel the same way entirely. It's so moving as Alex gets you to care about what is going on instantly, you are there, you are seeing and feeling it, and that is the beauty of her talent. I don't know the technical elements either, like you, I only see greatness in what is produced.
Old 07-21-2009, 11:38 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Agreed.

I have been talking to Alex more about the technical aspects, or trying to, LOL, and it's cute because she never thought I was interested or cared and that has never been the case, of course. Admittedly I feel stupid in this respect because I know nothing about it so that's why I think it's fabulous she has the vidding community she can discuss this with which rocks since I get her personally and that is a deal that I am more than satisfied with.

However, I do have a desire to learn more about this because it's a part of her and now that she is aware of this we are talking more and more about it and will continue to do so. While I might not ever come close to understanding completely, I will learn more and we can share this a bit together which I very much look forward to.
Old 07-21-2009, 03:40 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)

I have been talking to Alex more about the technical aspects, or trying to, LOL, and it's cute because she never thought I was interested or cared and that has never been the case, of course. Admittedly I feel stupid in this respect because I know nothing about it so that's why I think it's fabulous she has the vidding community she can discuss this with which rocks since I get her personally and that is a deal that I am more than satisfied with.
Point well taken you witty, intelligent psych expert. I would hate for anyone to think otherwise (about the part you know I'm talking about) and it's good that if anyone else did think otherwise before this time that that was a mistake and verrrrrrrrry straightened out now. Chinese for others? Yeah, but Mitch & Alex get this loud and clear, right guys?

Quote:
However, I do have a desire to learn more about this because it's a part of her and now that she is aware of this we are talking more and more about it and will continue to do so. While I might not ever come close to understanding completely, I will learn more and we can share this a bit together which I very much look forward to.
This is so great you guys can share this. Awe. Like you said, it's not as if you will ever know precisely what she's doing technically but who cares? You guys are sharing and bonding over this aspect of her life and that's all that matters.

I am going to work on watching all of Alex's videos. I am addicted to the ones I've already seen!
Old 07-21-2009, 06:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPORTSUSA (View Post)
Point well taken you witty, intelligent psych expert. I would hate for anyone to think otherwise (about the part you know I'm talking about) and it's good that if anyone else did think otherwise before this time that that was a mistake and verrrrrrrrry straightened out now. Chinese for others? Yeah, but Mitch & Alex get this loud and clear, right guys?

Quote:
This is so great you guys can share this. Awe. Like you said, it's not as if you will ever know precisely what she's doing technically but who cares? You guys are sharing and bonding over this aspect of her life and that's all that matters.
That's right on.

Quote:
I am going to work on watching all of Alex's videos. I am addicted to the ones I've already seen!
Good for you, I know you will enjoy them. They are on her site.
Old 07-22-2009, 02:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

Wow, just watched the 'Let it be' video by Alex. It was so touching and sad. I totally got goose bumps and had tears in my eyes. I totally get why this video has won! It's amazing!
Lauren Helen Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 04:21 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Helen Graham (View Post)
Wow, just watched the 'Let it be' video by Alex. It was so touching and sad. I totally got goose bumps and had tears in my eyes. I totally get why this video has won! It's amazing!
Absolutely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch
Good for you, I know you will enjoy them. They are on her site.
Saw. Started watching some. This is all love. You are so talented, Alex. I cannot state this enough.
Old 07-22-2009, 06:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I marvel over the fact that she has only been vidding for 3 years if you can believe that. That's it, and she's this good. She has been involved in geeky computer stuff for a while now, well you know what? I am going to get her to come on here later to explain her situation a bit and how it came to be that she got into vidding and what she did before/does now that lead up to it. It is only fair that the winner shares a bit, hee, she might kill me putting her on the spot but she loves me so she has no choice in the matter. LOL.

Last edited by jediwands; 07-22-2009 at 06:27 AM
Old 07-22-2009, 06:31 AM
Dedicated Fan

It's true, she cannot resist you. Heh.

And sweet, I cannot wait to hear about it. I also cannot believe she has only done this for three years, are you kidding? Amazing! I am totally interested in how all of this came to be. So impressed. I do not have a creative bone in my body and I admire and respect those that do as Alex certainly does!
Old 07-22-2009, 09:37 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

LOL. She is naturally very creative in many areas of her life. Just the way she thinks is so "different" but I suppose the Aquarius sign can signal to this very clearly. Heh. She's very intelligent, that much is obvious, but it's the added extras of this creative side to her mind even with everyday thinking, I can't totally explain it, but it's there. Not to mention her talent in vidding and computers. She's also a great singer, too, and that is something many people don't know about. Oh she will say she sucks just because she has never had pro lessons or anything but if you heard her sing, she's really good. Tranquil, beautiful, voice and whenever I was having trouble sleeping (well when don't I?) I would listen to her singing and it would help me relax. Again there's that Aquarius calmness she has. She's also a very good piano player, a natural. These are other examples of how she is just gifted in many areas of the arts. It's amazing. I suppose that's how I am with both soccer and basketball. I picked up both balls and admittedly I was a natural at both sports. I have no idea where it came from, I was always with this talent so I went with it. Same with Alex in these other really impressive areas, much more impressive than my sports if you ask me.

She is consumed with family at the moment so her posting here might be a little put off as a result. We'll see. I am talking to her in short segments today so it's not our norm which is a constant, continuous form of communication one way or another but she has company so it's a bit chopped up today. I hate it. JK! I'm not that pathetic, I'll live.

Last edited by jediwands; 07-22-2009 at 09:48 AM
Reply   Post New Thread