Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2017, 09:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I never blamed Amy for even one second and neither did Ephram. I never thought she messed up, just the opposite, actually. Unlike Madison, Amy cared about Ephram getting through his audition. She didn't want that spoiled, she worked like hell to get him another audition and got him one which was amazing. She didn't want his audition to be blown. She was selfless actually because what I find interesting is there was no focus on how this pregnancy news was devastating for Amy. She was nailed in the heart with this news. It sucked for her. She was feeling shock, pain, worry yet she put Ephram first, getting him through NYC was her mission and then she was going to tell him. She did nothing wrong. She found out right before his audition so she didn't keep it from him for a long time. She found out right before he was heading to NYC and was going to tell him immediately after his audition. I don't blame her one ounce for going there. I would have done the exact same thing Amy did and never would have seen it as messing up. Amy was only thinking of Ephram. Ephram even tells Andy that Amy did nothing wrong when he returns from Europe. He admits it was all on him. The only two people who messed up was Ephram and Madison. They dated knowing it was illegal and Andy didn't want them to, they got pregnant and Ephram was tested for STDs which also tells me they weren't all that careful, Madison didn't tell Ephram when she found out she was pregnant. Madison should have told him, no one else. Amy was innocent in all of this nightmare and Ephram knew it, said as much to Andy early season 4.

Last edited by jediwands; 09-03-2017 at 01:39 PM
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 10:00 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Ephram admits to Andy he's still in love with Amy, she was the best thing that ever happened to him, he never should have broken up with her... he was pissed at Andy and took it out on Amy... Ephram was never mad at Amy, he never blamed her for knowing for about two seconds about the nightmare babygate and in about three seconds Amy was telling Ephram too. He was pissed at Andy and took it out on Amy, he says as much:

Old 09-03-2017, 05:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

I guess my post hit a nerve. Sorry

It's been awhile since I rewatched those episodes. I thought she had kept it from him for weeks not just till the end of his audition. Still she should have told him that she knew. I think it would have mellowed his reaction. but, I thought he owed heck of a lot more anger towards Andy.
Old 09-04-2017, 08:38 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

You didn't hit a nerve. I just have strong feelings about this situation because I HATE the storyline with a passion. I also believe Amy's feelings about Madison being knocked up were ignored too and I didn't like it. Some girls (and she was a girl, she wasn't an adult) would have bailed after finding out their boyfriend fathered a child with an adult woman. Not Amy, all she thought about was Ephram and never considered leaving him. Everything Amy did in this situation was for Ephram and I admired it. As an Ephram/Amy fan, seeing her unconditional love for him was a beautiful thing. Yes, she basically knew only days before he left for NYC, not any longer than that. We saw her struggle at the party and he was leaving the next morning. She found out right before the party and he was leaving the next morning. He even asked her to go with him and she declined. She probably figured if she was hanging around him so closely she would have ended up telling him and she only cared about his well being right before that audition. That's ALL she cared about, not her feelings, that is for sure. I also believe what the characters say. When Ephram said Amy did nothing wrong and it was Andy he was pissed at, I believe him. It was very obvious Ephram was taking things out on Amy too. That infinity necklace scene was Ephram in a passive aggressive state. He clearly was taking things out on her in order to ease his pain. I also believe Amy protecting/trying to get Ephram through his audition when Madison couldn't have cared less was an obvious parallel showing the difference in women and what they were all about.

I think seasons 1/2 Amy is open for some rippage considering some of her behavior, no doubt about it. But seasons 3/4 showed growth and her love for Ephram from the moment they got together romantically was shining magically throughout every scene with intense loyalty and respect.

Last edited by jediwands; 09-04-2017 at 08:54 AM
Reply   Post New Thread