Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-27-2009, 04:48 PM
Elite Fan

Can I be added?

I love this title.
Old 11-27-2009, 05:47 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetdaisy (View Post)
Can I be added?

I love this title.

Already added

Please, excuse me. My english is poor.
Old 11-28-2009, 12:33 PM
Part-Time Fan

her opening was so brilliant. she immediately becomes a lovable character with this scene.

apparently yuko takeuchi is a popular actress in japan which i think is very well deserved cause she did a great job as keiko.
Old 11-28-2009, 12:44 PM
Master Fan

wow well she's awesome as Keiko I wonder if the actress that plays her knows english at all
Old 11-28-2009, 03:43 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyesthere (View Post)
her opening was so brilliant. she immediately becomes a lovable character with this scene.
Agree. Her oppening was awesome. Make you love the character from the start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyesthere (View Post)
apparently yuko takeuchi is a popular actress in japan which i think is very well deserved cause she did a great job as keiko.
i didn´t know that. Very interesting.

Last edited by iram; 12-01-2009 at 06:10 AM
Old 11-29-2009, 07:38 AM
Fan Forum Legend

the animation, thanks for posting it
Old 12-04-2009, 02:10 PM
Part-Time Fan

dear keiko,
you're one of the reasons why i keep on watching Flash Forward... i'm a big fan of you keiko....
Old 12-04-2009, 04:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hope she's back and back soon when the show returns
Old 12-04-2009, 05:57 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talkative One (View Post)
Hope she's back and back soon when the show returns
me too

Old 12-04-2009, 06:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It won't be until March though damn hiatus
Old 12-19-2009, 10:11 PM
New Fan

Hello, guys!^^ I'm a new member here. I've been following Takeuchi Yuko's career since 2001, when she started to shot stardom in Japan. Since then, she gets more and more popular and now she is one of the most established A-class actress in Japan and have won several acting awards.

I started watching FlashForward simply for Takeuchi Yuko, but I got addicted with the overall series, and I love other characters too. But my #1 faves so far, are Bryce and Keiko

I read Japanese, and I have translated this piece of Japanese news about Takeuchi Yuko's re-appearance in FlashForward.

Takeuchi Yuko's Re-Appearance in FlashForward
December 14th, 8 AM, Sports Hochi

Takeuchi Yuko who was a guest star in FlashForward Episode 9, will go to America again after new year's eve for another appearance in the series. At first, it was planned that she will only appear in 1 episode. But the director who was very pleased with Takeuchi's acting, strongly request for her re-appearance. Sports Hochi has interviewed and Takeuchi said, "It's a country where it is hard to get popularity, so it is such an honor for me to be called again,"

Takeuchi has become one of the rare Japanese actress who appear in an American series. At first, she only has appearance in Episode 9 that was aired last month in the US. But as she gets such a high reputation among the crews, she is finally called to star the series again. "It is a world where if you did it bad, you won't be called again, so I'm very happy. This time I have to go bringing winter clothes and a big suitcase,". In January next year, she will have a filming at Disney Studio in Hollywood.

FlashForward, a production of Disney and ABC Studio, is a science fiction drama that tells a story of how the whole human race lost their conciousness for 2 minutes and 17 seconds and they can see their future in the next 6 months. Takeuchi plays the role of the future girlfriend of the main character that Zachary Knighton plays. The director, Michael Nankin, says, "I was very surprised with her acting skill. I really think she's a true movie star,". And so a decision for her to appear in a few more episodes has been hurriedly made.

The first filming was done in October for about 2 weeks in Japan. "The arrangements were very quick that it surprised me. It was hard to communicate in English, but the crews around were helpful so there was no problem,". She was playing the role of a Japanese office lady, so the lines were simply in Japanese, but this time, she has to speak English. "I wished I've studied English more during high school,", she said. Currently, she is learning English conversation for the filming preparation.

As an actress in the US, she finds something different too. "So far, for me, what the director says is something that has to be done, but apparently in US is a society where we get to say our opinions freely. And so now I think, perhaps it is possible for me to convey my thoughts,". As we know, Japanese actors, Watanabe Ken and Sanada Hiroyuki has a career in Hollywood, already. Takeuchi gave comments, "I love Japan, so I have never thought of acting in America. There's no oden there, either,". She might have to go back and forth between Japan and America for awhile now.

source: ʆ?͵??ɥ饞?˃݆ⷫ?Ò¡??ێ㤎?ƽб顊???Ý¡??Ċ󃎡Ë*- Yahoo!?˥塼??

I made an assumption that Sports Hochi has not watched any FlashForward episodes and might have not completely understand the English information they received from ABC.

There's no way Keiko should have only appeared in 1 episode, right? What about the April 29th, 2010 episode? She has to appear again there.

From the way Episode 9 ended, I'm even almost sure she should have appeared at least once again, before THE April 29th episode.... apparently, she wasn't suppose to appear again? They'll just leave Keiko's plot hanging like that without proper flow?

Oh well... thank goodness, they call her again to appear in a few more episodes. I guess I shouldn't complain now. I hope she'll get a more proper storyline and a bigger role this way.

I *THINK* perhaps Yuko should have finished all filmings in October this year, and she, indeed, should have appear ONLY in Episode 9 and Episode 19(THE April 29th episode). What happened in Ep19 is all shown in the flash forward, so I guess there's no need for re-filming that, unless there are changes. But then from this news, I'm guessing there should be no changes for Bryce and Keiko's flashforwards.

And now, I guess the director decided that Keiko should appear more before Episode 19.

I think it's easy to guess, Yuko will have an episode where this time it's Keiko who look for Bryce in LA, aaaand... she sees him kissing Nicole, LOL. And so she take a step backward

To thread-starter, iram, add me to the Keiko's supporter list, please? Thanks!^^

Last edited by yanie; 12-19-2009 at 10:19 PM
Old 12-20-2009, 11:04 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for that article and welcome to the site
Old 12-20-2009, 04:05 PM
New Fan

Thank you for the warm welcome, Talkative One

Does anyone think with Keiko's biomedical engineering and robotics background, she has the potential to be involved in the main storyline?

In the novel, Lloyd Simcoe has a Japanese fiancee who's also a physicist. I know the series is just loosely based on the book. But I really hope Keiko is related to Simcoe, somehow.

Oh, someone asked before about Yuko's English. Well, I've never heard her speaks English before, and from the news article seem like she only knows basic English she learned at school. She speaks a bit English in this commercial: YouTube - Yuko Takeuchi in Hawai .

I think she won't have much English lines in the later episodes, for the time being. I have a feeling Keiko will meet Nicole first in LA, before she meets Bryce. Since Nicole speaks Japanese, I guess if Keiko meets Nicole they'd speak in Japanese.

Btw, is there any chance at all for a 2nd season? I really hope Keiko can be a regular cast if there's a 2nd season
Old 12-20-2009, 04:17 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanie (View Post)

To thread-starter, iram, add me to the Keiko's supporter list, please? Thanks!^^
Added. Welcome to the thread!!!!!!
im so happy that keiko reappear in this season. I love her storyline

Old 12-20-2009, 05:45 PM
Master Fan

Welcome to the thread and thanks for the Article I will read it in a little while right now I'm very busy