Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-08-2004, 03:25 AM
Absolute Fan

*-"The Mountain" Music Guide Thread-*

Every board HAS to have one. I hope they play killer songs during the episodes.

Angel- I love you. I try not to, but I can't stop. Buffy- Me, me, too. I can't either.
Old 08-08-2004, 03:36 AM
Master Fan

These are some of the songs that will play in the pilot episode. That is if they don't change them before it airs on TV.

"I Miss You" by Blink 182
"The Theme from Fannypack" by Fannypack
"Firecracker" by Ryan Adams
"Rock Your Body" by Justin Timberlake
"Tiny Vessels" by Death Cab for Cutie
"C'Mon, C'Mon" by The Von Bondies

There are still a few songs I couldn't identify. The one that plays where the skaters hang out, the one that plays when Shelley's training for the snowboarding competition and I know "Blue Moon" is heard at the dinner but I don't know who sings that particular version.
Old 08-08-2004, 07:12 AM
Absolute Fan

Sounds good Cursed. Ryans Adams is an awesome singer. I am sure the others are just as great.

Angel- I love you. I try not to, but I can't stop. Buffy- Me, me, too. I can't either.
Old 08-08-2004, 07:52 PM
Loyal Fan

Oo Von Bondies...this show does have some good music, The WB usually picks out some cool artists.
Old 08-08-2004, 10:35 PM
Extreme Fan

ehh. they could've done better, but then again it sounds like there are some scenes they could go well with. since it is an angsty drama and all, I can see them playing that music, but I hope the selection improves later on. they'll have plenty of episodes to please everyone, i guess. lol.
Old 08-10-2004, 01:23 AM
Absolute Fan

Music usually improves after the first couple of episodes. I always wonder why some shows don't put great music in their episodes. Music can make a scene so much better.

Old 08-12-2004, 09:03 PM
Absolute Fan

Here is an article from TV Tome:

Quote:
Music and Possible Theme Song

The producers have hired Alexandra Patsavas as the music supervisor for the show. Alexandra's work as a television music supervisor includes The O.C. and FX's Rescue Me. She has already secured the rights to use music by bands like Death Cab for Cutie (a band also heard on The O.C.) and is looking to get Blink 182's "Down" as the theme for The Mountain.

Old 08-13-2004, 08:01 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Pace & Jo
Music can make a scene so much better.
Very true
Old 08-13-2004, 08:04 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Here is an article from TV Tome:
Hmmm, you know what would be awesome? When the OC first started they had this thing with AOL (as well of during and after the episode) which was solely focused on the music aspect. You would watch the featured video for that episode, and you could call up all the songs from the episode... I hope they do that with the mountain, too. Have a certain focus on the music of the episodes.
Old 08-13-2004, 08:49 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Philosophist
Hmmm, you know what would be awesome? When the OC first started they had this thing with AOL (as well of during and after the episode) which was solely focused on the music aspect. You would watch the featured video for that episode, and you could call up all the songs from the episode... I hope they do that with the mountain, too. Have a certain focus on the music of the episodes.
Wow, that would be awesome. I would love to hear the songs they play during the episodes. Especially since we don't get to listen to an entire song during a scene. It would be nice to be able listen to the full length version. Thanks for bringing that up.

Old 08-14-2004, 07:02 PM
Extreme Fan

yeah, and it would also be nice because they tend to pick lesser known bands for the oc (and so probably w/TM too) so it would be a great opportunity for the fans to discover new bands they like.
Old 08-14-2004, 07:50 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Hmmm, you know what would be awesome? When the OC first started they had this thing with AOL (as well of during and after the episode) which was solely focused on the music aspect. I hope they do that with the mountain, too. Have a certain focus on the music of the episodes.
That would be great. Sometimes I hear great music on TV but there's no way to find out what song it was or who performed it.

With a movie you can just check the end credits but you can't do that with TV shows.
Old 08-14-2004, 08:06 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Cursed
With a movie you can just check the end credits but you can't do that with TV shows.
very true. with tv shows, they never even show the credits! it gets all smushed up next to a commercial!
Old 08-14-2004, 09:27 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
very true. with tv shows, they never even show the credits! it gets all smushed up next to a commercial!
The WB usually has a small segment after the epsiode that discusses about 3 artists that were featured on the show. Do you guys know what I'm talking about?

Old 08-25-2004, 10:37 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
The WB usually has a small segment after the epsiode that discusses about 3 artists that were featured on the show. Do you guys know what I'm talking about?
Yeah, I know what you mean. The music for this show is going to be great. I can just tell, they did a good job with songs so far, and the song they used for one commercial "Come On", makes the show seem that much better.
I've come to your rescue and you can't rescue me.