Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2004, 06:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by ~*coconut ice*~:
<STRONG>And everything, the MG Sunrise clip is up at AM, for anyone's who's interested. Apaarently JG was on it as well. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Downloading it now...</STRONG>
It was a awesome interview and funny too [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

I set up my vcr last night [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] Kyls
Old 03-09-2004, 05:42 PM
Master Fan

I watched the interview last night - it wasn't bad actually. I didn't get what JG was getting at though with "Get your Australian self off the set". Can anybody help? [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img] I laughed at Melissa Doyles comment on JG afterwards. I also think MG has her stats wrong - Alias doesn't get 40 Million viewers in the US. Most of them don't like her anyway going by all the Alias sites I visit. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

So did you all watch the ep last night? I actually nodded off to sleep once or twice. Ooops! I have been doing a survey on what people thought of Lauren last night and they all hated her and her fake British accent. Have to admit it kept going Aussie all the time - get it right woman.

I liked Syd and Vaughn's mission - esp when they had to get changed in the elevator. How awkward! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] JG reminded me on how she looked in Daredevil.

Marshall is a hoot - loved how he made the CD for Syd. What a sweetie!

Weiss is tops as always! he would make a great neighbour.

[ 03-09-2004: Message edited Aussie Gal ]
Old 03-09-2004, 08:32 PM
Dedicated Fan

I Like Lauren already.

I dont know what the people who keep groaning on about her are on about. I like her character already and its only the frst ep shes been in. Shes not afraid to stand up to Syd i reckon thats cool specially considering Syds rep. Anyone who doesnt mind going toe to toe with Syd is good in my book.

I liked last nights ep except for the elevator scene. How the hell did they both hide those Guard suits. And managed to fit those entire uniforms in those small plastic bags. Ok Vaughn could hide them under his coat or somehting but how could you have hidden that uniform is her piss small handbag. And to make it worse the uniforms didnt have a wrinkle on them hahahaha. I realise its a science fiction show and is not totally realistic but there is a point where it becomes absurd.

Rateing: 4 out of 5

Wound have been 5 but Minus one point for stupid elevator bit

Muldz

Season 3 rateings

The Two: 1/5
Succession: 4/5
Reunion: 4/5
Old 03-09-2004, 10:06 PM
Master Fan

Glad you liked the ep Muldz. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I was wondering that about the suits too. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

It isn't so much the character of Lauren for me, but the actress. I don't like her and never have, esp in this role. I was thinking about if someone else played Lauren that I probably would like her. I have to agree - good on her for standing up to Syd. She does tend to be self righteous at times. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 03-10-2004, 02:42 AM
Dedicated Fan

Was Lauren's accent suppose to be British? I mean, I know that it sounds somewhat like it...but it kind of comes off kind of weak. Almost a mix of Aussie/British/American. LOL. If that is possible.

I flickered between Alias and Rove again. Weiss and Marshall are awesome, as usual.

I wish that the make-up people would sort out MG's eyebrows. Perhaps this is a low blow... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] but they are quite bushy and really long aren't they?
Old 03-10-2004, 03:09 AM
Elite Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

I don't know how to set up vcr's Kel [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Quote:
Originally posted by Muldz:
I Like Lauren already.
I didn't mind her much at all in last night's ep [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

Quote:
I liked last nights ep except for the elevator scene.
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] That was only like...5 seconds Lee [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

But yeah...I was thinking the same thing about the uniforms...how the hell did they hide them and manage to come out wrinkle free? [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

And....I liked the promo for next week.. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 03-10-2004, 05:07 AM
Dedicated Fan

I thought Lauren was good - Although her hybrid accent was annoying me, too! Maybe they should have just made her an Aussie?

Weiss is a sweetie! I so knew he was going to buy her that book when she told him about it, but it was cute all the same. I miss Will and Sydney hanging out though [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Marshall with the CD and Gummi Bears [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Shirtless Vaughn. Oh. My. God. [img]smilies/drool.gif[/img]
Neighbours|Official Idol Geek™|Sidekick #194
Old 03-10-2004, 05:22 AM
Elite Fan

Lauren's accent is actually Melissa's real accent. She's mentioned that because of the range of places she's lived...her accent has got all mixed up.

[img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-10-2004, 05:56 AM
Ultimate Fan

It's official. I can't stand Lauren Reed. Well, to be flat out stony honest. I don't like Melissa George. i don't care how blonde she is. But she does have a nice smile. [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img] Still, smile or no smile. That woman should go burn some place hot. Which is confusing, seeing as I'm not a S/Ver. So where do my feelings originate? Psssht. Wouldn't have a clue. Maybe because she's Australian? Not to be unpatriotic or anything...but...okay, so maybe I am. Sorry! [or am I really? Heh heh heh... [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]]

Anyhoo. Sark [img]smilies/drool.gif[/img]

Whoever's got that Dicko quote in their sig, you're responsible for my laughing for 5 minutes followed by a severe coughing fit where I couldn't breathe. Gee thanks for trying to kill me! [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] Only kidding [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

just when the devil reminds me of my past
i remind him of his future
Old 03-10-2004, 06:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Ok Kyls [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] you should really learn missy [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

I love Melissa in Alias last night [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] she rocked [img]smilies/wiggle.gif[/img]
I did think that Melissa's accent [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] was off [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] it was weird hearing her American accent [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-10-2004, 08:04 PM
Master Fan

Melissa's accent was different on the Sunrise interview than it is on Alias. I think if they made her an Aussie or even an American (her American accent is by far better than British) and her character less stuffy that I may actually like Lauren a bit more. I also don't know any Brits that sound like that including my family.
Old 03-10-2004, 11:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm guessing Jen has left Perth and gone back home [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] she hasn't posted in ages [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 03-11-2004, 12:44 AM
Master Fan

It seems like Melissa lost the british part of her accent. On Sunrise she sounded practically normal. But i don't like Lauren, she just bugs me.

Marshall rocked in Reunion, and Sark was pretty like always. I [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] next weeks ep!
As my memory rests | But never forgets what I lost
Old 03-11-2004, 12:50 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Zira:

Whoever's got that Dicko quote in their sig, you're responsible for my laughing for 5 minutes followed by a severe coughing fit where I couldn't breathe. Gee thanks for trying to kill me! [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] Only kidding [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

ahaha [img]smilies/rotfl.gif[/img]

poor thing [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] um, nah...I'm right Kel [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] I wouldn't need it most of the time [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Yeah I think Jen's left already [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

Kez are you around...at all? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] come out of lurkedom if you are [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-11-2004, 02:35 AM
Addicted Fan

I never really liked this episode very much but I did manage to watch it, though I confess I switched to Rove during What The and Nancy Cartwright's interview. *ducks*

That episode was...unintentionally funny. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I was wheezing from laughing so hard seeing Sydney in that horrendous poncho outfit, it has got to be the worst diguise ever, if you could even call it that. [img]smilies/rotfl.gif[/img] All I want is the damn love triangle to end. As if we didn't realize it already, they were standing in a triangle formation in the conference room. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] Lauren did bring up some valid points about Sydney in her tirade to Vaughn though. I think I got used to the strange accent further on in the season though. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

There was a nice shout-out to Lena Olin, Syd and Vaughn's aliases at the party were Tomas and Sabina, which is from The Unbearable Lightness Of Being, with Lena playing Sabina. I thought JG's hair and outfit was very pretty but it really tested my suspension of disbelief when she took out her army outfit in the elevator. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Shirtless Vaughn is always appreciated though. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] And Sydney was totally sneaking a look at him, not that I would blame her though. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Best scene was Sydney and Weiss's drunk-fest, that was funny, LOL. I felt bad for Sydney as Vaughn and Lauren said good night to her though, but Weiss was sweet to her. [img]smilies/love.gif[/img]

I'm looking forward to next week's episode though, it's really good, plus Justin Theroux's in it. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

- Erin, from TWOP.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread