Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2004, 09:55 AM
Passionate Fan

The Official SAVE SARK Campaign Thread

The Official SAVE SARK Campaign

Okay, so I've been stewing over this ever since David announced in London earlier this month that he would no longer be a regular cast member on Alias, per JJ's decision.

Clearly Mr. Abrams (whom you should know I have great respect for) is extremely misguided in his attempts to 'save' the show. Additional proof of this is given by his belief that all the fans want Vaughn and Sydney back together. Which quite frankly, is news to me.

The truth is, I'm so completely flabergasted by JJ's decision to demote an obscenely talented young actor whom he himself has spent countless interviews praising to recurring character status that I'm having trouble even collecting my thoughts on the matter.

Which is why I decided to start this campaign. Sure, I could write JJ an eloquent and persuasive letter with barely controlled rage bubbling at the surface myself... But I thought it better to come from the hundreds of Alias fans all around the globe that know for a fact that Sark is one of the best (if not the best) character on this show, and JJ would be an absolute fool not to use him to the fullest extent.

So here's your challenge, Sark fans:

Write your thoughts.

Be smart. Be reasonable. Be convincing.

Write as much as you want, just plead your case.

At such time that I think we have enough material to work with, I will edit together a group letter that speaks from all our hearts, along with a petition baring all our names.

If you want to contribute, please write your post here, and at the bottom be sure to include your name (real or screen name) as well as your home location. You can be as vague as the country you live in, or as specific as your hometown. Please also if you could, include the corresponding number beside your name, just so I don't leave anyone off the list by mistake.

We can't just let this one go, you guys. If we love Sark, and David, we're going to have to fight for them.

Speak up.

1. Cecilia- Los Angeles, California.
Old 07-15-2004, 10:06 AM
Total Fan

2.Pavitra-Virginia

We definitely can't let David go. It's news to me too that all the fans want Vaughn and Syd back together cause I can honestly say that this fan doesn't. I hope this helps change JJ's mind.
You are my signal fire.
The only resolution and the only joy,
Is the faint spark of forgiveness in your eyes.
Old 07-15-2004, 10:11 AM
Loyal Fan

Sign me in Ceci :

3. Magdalena, London, England.

We're coming to the rescue David!

*goes to write fat a*s letter to JJ vel fu*king idiot*
Old 07-15-2004, 10:19 AM
Master Fan

4. Cass - Alberta, Canada

Can't let the only good thing on this show leave JJ really doesn't have a clue anymore.
icon *
Old 07-15-2004, 10:52 AM
Total Fan

5. Denise Kansas City, MO

Without this bad boy on we lose the conflict. David Anders is not only a completely awesome actor, but he makes Sark a character that ALIAS will not survive without.

The best dialogue has come from Sark conversations. The good vs bad element that comes off on the screen when he is with not only Sydney but any other character is the reason I continue to watch.

I was so sad when I learned that his part would be smaller in season 4. Isn't the world a sad enough place? Bring back Sark!
Old 07-15-2004, 11:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

6. Sarah ~ Ontario, Canada

The person before me was going on about the conflict factor that Sark adds. Who else would be the villian in the show? A good show needs both good and evil. So that would just make the show boring in my mind. Also I think that David is a great actor for the role of Sark, and he needs to develop as an actor. Also he needs to help develop the character of Sark, we still haven't learned all we can. We love the unknown about him
Old 07-15-2004, 12:10 PM
Elite Fan

Definitely count me in!

7. 'Astra' ~ Cincinnati, Ohio

Sark is the character that made me watch Alias. I didn't watch it the first season. The more of Sark I began to see, the more I watched. He is such an enigmatic character and I love seeing the 'chemistry' he has with Sydney. Whether that's something that is explored or not is not the point however. This show needs Sark, otherwise it becomes a rather bland and typical 'spy' show. Watching him struggle with the duality of good & bad. There's so much we still want to know about him!
Old 07-15-2004, 04:00 PM
Passionate Fan

8. Denise - Miami, Florida

I am a die hard Syd & Vaughn fan, but that doesn't hinder me from totally LOVING the character of Sark. He's not only smart, sexy, but a great source of conflict for all the rest of the characters. He still has so many wonderful storylines to explore. Please don't just keep him as a recurring cast member, David Anders is fabulous and should be made a full time cast member!!!

Is JJ insane? First Will now Sark?

**Where have all the Cowboys gone?**

Van Clemmons: Mr. Echolls, I was wondering if I could have a word?
Logan: Anthropomorphic. All yours, big guy.

icon: SunnyGeri
Old 07-15-2004, 06:32 PM
Master Fan

personally, i think it could work for the better

from the zapt2it article with JJ...

Quote:
With all of these internal narrative changes, Abrams reveals that there will be some cast alterations as well. David Anders, whose Sark never properly gelled as a full-time cast member last season, will return to recurring status, a move that Abrams hopes will free the writers from stretching to insert the character into story arcs
i have to agree that they never fit sark into a full time storyline, i would rather see him come in every 2nd episode of whatever and be cool and kick some ass, like in season 2, than having him wandering around doing practically nothing, which is what happened in season 3
Old 07-15-2004, 07:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

9. Sarah- PJ, Malaysia

JJ is now on my death list because he obviously doesn't see how talented DA is as an actor or how integral the character of Sark is in the show though he's made numerous comments about how David is so talented. Though I'll probably still watch Alias without David as a regular, half of the excitement with anticipating each episode will definitely be destroyed for me.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 07-15-2004, 09:48 PM
Dedicated Fan

10. Jennifer, Indiana

JJ, I must say I always thought of you as a creative genius. I have heard people praise you, from people on the radio to the actors themselves. I just started watching "Alias" this past season (season 3), and I fell in love with the character of Sark. David does such an amazing job playing a character that basically is unexplored. For him to have little information on his character's background, he does an amazing job.

I have the season two DVD set, and I was watching the commentary for one of the episodes. When David's scene came on, you said "David is just too damn talented", and I totally agree. So what I don't understand is why you are letting a very talented actor leave your show like that. I love the character of Sark in season two. He was mysterious; you never knew who his alliances truely were with. Then in season three, you/the writers tried to develop his character. Some say that his character is 2-D, but he truely went in the wrong direction this season.

You told Zap2it that you wanted to fix the problems of last season. That's great, and I am looking forward to that. I think pulling David from a series regular to a recurring character is just going to pull the show in the wrong direction. David has so many fans. You said that "Sark never properly gelled as a full-time cast member last season" and that is true because no one took the time to develop it. And if his character never developed, I don't think that's David's fault.

You have also said that " Go back to Sydney and Vaughn as a relationship that you rooted for". I am here to tell you, not all the fans want those two together. You hinted at this in the finale with Sark's line of "proclivity" towards Sydney. That is something that definately needs to be explored.

All in all, I think that you are making a huge mistake letting David go. Besides Jennifer, he is the reason why I watch. I will still watch your show, but next season won't be as exciting or thrilling to watch without Mr. Julian Sark.

Jennifer Talley
Logan: It'll be fun. It'll be a thrill. Something stupid, something bad for you, just something different. Isn't this the point of being young? It's your choice, Ace. People can live a hundred years without really living for a minute. You climb up here with me it's one less minute you haven't lived.
Old 07-17-2004, 03:37 AM
Master Fan

Shelly - Illinois

Sark is the best thing to happen to Alias. He is by far the best character on the show and the reason I love watching. His chemistry with the rest of the cast (especially Sydney) is wonderful. I hope you think twice about making David regular cast member. And to my experience I am unaware of everyone wanting Sydney and Vaughn together. I think a large percentage of Alias's fan base is made up of Sarkney supporters (Sydney and Sark)

Oh and I topped the thread

It's a Sarkney thing, you wouldn't understand...
Old 07-17-2004, 03:48 AM
Passionate Fan

Add Me to

TrueCat, Brisbane Australia.

Firstly we have already lost a great hunk-of-spunk Bradley Cooper we can't lose David Anders as well!

And Im sorry but Sark is one of the most interesting characters on this show. With out Lena around, and now that we might lose Sark the only trully interesting character left will be Jack. Sark is still such an unknown and that is one of the main reasons my interest was drown to him, he is one of the few characters that still has the potential to grow.

And Im sorry I know that Sloane is still seen by Sydney as her main enemy but because the hate was so one sided they were never equal rivals, Sloane was never interesting as Sydneys enemy, Jacks yes but Sydneys no. Just like Sloane is the torn in Jacks side, Sark is Sydneys. They are each others equal in so many ways the only really difference between them besides the obvious is the side they fight on. The reason Sark fits so well as Sydneys rival is because they they are the same person. This is a relationship that shows real rivalry.

I would be happy to keep Sark as Sydneys enemy and nothing else if that is required, btoh myself and all the thousands of Sarkney can just continue to see the dirty side of every situation and conversation between the to like we have for the last few years.

And anyway who really wants to see to characters go all smoshy, do we really wanna see Syd and Vaughn make puppy eyes at each other YUK. As Ive always said It isn't love or money that makes the world go round, its an energy source know as SEXUAL TENSION!!!!! Something Syd and Vaughn have never had and deffinately wont have if they get together!

SARKNEYS: There is a fine line between love and hate!

Even Lucifer retained his beauty after his fall. Julian Sark
Old 07-17-2004, 09:13 AM
Banned

13. Stephanie, Oklahoma

WTF?
Old 07-17-2004, 12:25 PM
Total Fan

14. Heathyr; Wisconsin.

I read the zap2it article a few days ago and became numb when reading that snippet about David. Does JJ honestly think that by cutting David's screen time will help the show? Sark is the reason I continue to watch this show every week... if it weren't for Sark, I might've stopped tuning in mid-way through the third season - it was just that bad.

Lots of Love!
Heathyr

TEH LJ!

I'm on hold and waiting for the stars to align.

Gen: "You so deserve Lorelai. You would make GG more rockin' than it already is."
.I totally would - Lorelai, pick me!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread