Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2004, 10:31 PM
Dedicated Fan

Nadia Santos/Mia Maestro Appreciation Thread # 1 ~ She is more than just Syd's sister

Hey guys [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Figured it was time for Nadia/Mia Maestro to get her own appreciation thread. I already liked Mia Maestro before she appeared on Alias and love Nadia already [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]Hope she stays on Alias for a long time.

Some info:
From Filmbug UK:
Maestro previously starred opposite Salma Hayek in two films, TIMECODE and IN THE TIME OF BUTTERFLIES. She can also be seen in HBO's FOR LOVE OR COUNTRY, THE ARTURO SANDOVAL STORY, where she stars opposite Andy Garcia in a love story set in communist Cuba.
Initially trained in Argentina, Maestro moved to Berlin at 18 to develop a vocal repertoire -in German -in the works of Kurt Weill and Hans Eisler. While in Berlin, Maestro also studied the Brechtian acting technique, added to an already rigorous schedule of vocal, dance and music classes. Upon returning to Buenos Aires at age 20, she starred in Wedekind's Pandora's Box at the San Martin Theatre, garnering an ACE Award for Best Performance of the Year.

She made her screen debut in Carlos Saura's Golden Globe and Oscar-nominated, TANGO, while headlining Pandora's Box. After moving to Los Angeles, Maestro landed a role in THE VENICE PROJECT, starring Lauren Bacall, Dennis Hopper and Stockard Channing, PICKING UP THE PIECES, costarring Woody Allen and Sharon Stone and TIMECODE, directed by Mike Figgis. TIMECODE was shot completely digitally and in one take, with no editing and improvised dialogue.

Some pics:

http://us.ent4.yimg.com/movies.yahoo...ro/venice2.jpg

Old 04-27-2004, 11:14 PM
Extreme Fan

She's really beautiful and a great actress. I saw her in Frida and thought she was great.

I hope she comes back next season. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-28-2004, 06:05 AM
Absolute Fan

It's too early to say that I like her character, she may turn out to be the big bad..eeek! But already I have to say she is an improvement over the last casting of a female character.
Rob on Edward:""He's intensely lonely. You think you'll never have anything in your life, and not even in your life...for eternity, suddenly you meet this 1 thing that provides everything that you've ever wanted in over 100 years and yet you can feel the time slipping away so quickly, like her lifespan is non-exsistant."
Old 04-28-2004, 08:56 AM
Passionate Fan

I think Alias did a great job casting Nadia. Mia is a great actress, she can kick butt and she has chemistry with Jennifer. Plus she does look like she could be Irina's daughter.

So far I like the character of Nadia. She has lots of potential.
Oliver&Felicity,Andy&April,Neal&Emma,Doug&Carol,Josh&Donna,Hatter&Alice(Syfy),Will&April-Definitely,Maybe.Han&Leia,Logan&Veronica, Zane&Jo,Shawn&Juliet,Vaughn&Syd,Luke&Lorelai,Leo/Piper/Chris,Tate/Bo,Baze/Lux,Walter/Peter,Gus/Shawn/Henry.Jinks/Claudia/Artie/Pete/Myka
Old 04-28-2004, 05:12 PM
Dedicated Fan

I wanted to see Mia on at least one episode before saying anything about her acting, well now I can say that she does seem like a good actress. I love the idea of Sydney having a sister. The only thing I hope is that she comes back next season I don't want the writer's to kill another great character coughJustinTherouxcough.

BTW I loved when Sydney and Spy!sis started kicking *ss
Old 12-24-2004, 12:37 AM
Passionate Fan

Knew there had to be a Mia Maestro thread SOMEWHERE in here. Her returning is the main reason I'm excited about next season.

She has a small part in a very excellent film called "Motorcycle Diaries" that should be a contender in the Best Foreign Film category at the Oscars and has already been nominated for a Golden Globe. It's playing in NYC and perhaps elsewhere (not sure how wide it's distribution is).
I'm bored and you're bald. But I laughed when you called me the snail. My trail runs behind me. I'm guilty. No secrets. You're not such a picture yourself
Old 12-24-2004, 04:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Thanks for dragging this thread back up.... some of these are around... sometimes it just takes a bit of digging to find
Old 01-06-2005, 12:21 AM
Passionate Fan

Wasn't enough Mia at the beginning but picked up towards the end. Poor Spy Daddy is in big trouble.
I'm bored and you're bald. But I laughed when you called me the snail. My trail runs behind me. I'm guilty. No secrets. You're not such a picture yourself
Old 01-06-2005, 02:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

I liked Nadia in Season 3 though I actually expected not too... what with the plotline of Sydney having a sister all of a sudden being borderline cliched (wasn't that what happened on Buffy?) but I love that she's as kickass as Sydney. I'd love to see more spysisters' dynamic in Season 4.

Quote:
Plus she does look like she could be Irina's daughter.
Word. I like how they casted all three characters (Sydney/Irina/Nadia) to at least slightly resemble one another.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 01-06-2005, 08:14 PM
Passionate Fan

I loved the little bit of Nadia we got in the season opener. I am really enjoying her character. It's great to have another female character to root for and I think Weiss has a crush on her
Oliver&Felicity,Andy&April,Neal&Emma,Doug&Carol,Josh&Donna,Hatter&Alice(Syfy),Will&April-Definitely,Maybe.Han&Leia,Logan&Veronica, Zane&Jo,Shawn&Juliet,Vaughn&Syd,Luke&Lorelai,Leo/Piper/Chris,Tate/Bo,Baze/Lux,Walter/Peter,Gus/Shawn/Henry.Jinks/Claudia/Artie/Pete/Myka
Old 01-07-2005, 03:25 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~-Sarah-~
I liked Nadia in Season 3 though I actually expected not too... what with the plotline of Sydney having a sister all of a sudden being borderline cliched
Well. We already cross that road when we got spy mommy, spy aunt, and spy prophet (who just happens to be her great-great-great-great-great-great-great grandfather) With all her relations why not have a sister when you can get an actress like Mia Maestro. Wonder who'll play spy-grandma and spy-grandpa?

I also like what they are doing with her character. She is a collision course with Sydney not because she's evil but because she's good. Course given her gene pool I might have to revise that opinion.
Old 01-07-2005, 12:32 PM
Master Fan

This is one of my favorite pictures of Mia Click here

I found the "I'll kill whoever did this to our mother" line a little cheesy and way overused. But I still love the Nadia character, she can bring something different to the show, hopefully .
who you will be.
Old 01-07-2005, 07:17 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impressions
I found the "I'll kill whoever did this to our mother" line a little cheesy and way overused. But I still love the Nadia character, she can bring something different to the show, hopefully .
At least one good thing about her is that she's not totally brainwashed. Everyone else has this attitude of "I hate everyone but I'll put my differences aside for the greater good of the CIA." Nadia is a foreign agent. She could give a damn about the CIA. She'll be professional but if it's "the mission" or revenge. She'll take revenge.
Old 01-13-2005, 09:17 AM
Passionate Fan

Again too much Jennifer and not enough Mia. But I guess given the opening credits it's just going to be a sad fact of life.

During Jack's evaluation of Nadia she seemed to almost be playing with him. I got the impression that she at least suspected that he had something to do with her mother's death. Was a bit surprised he fooled her so easily. But you know she's going to find out and there is going to be hell to pay.

I do like that they showed Sloane and Nadia still getting along. Especially since Sloane is at his most creepy when he is acting his most fatherly. Poor guy. The more sincere he acts, the more creepy he seems.
Old 01-13-2005, 10:25 AM
Elite Fan

IMO I like the opening credits. The show is called "Alias", and it displays her many alias' in the past seasons. I see nothing wrong with that, whatsoever.

As for Nadia, I think she is going to be an interesting character. I like her strength and dtermination. I think there is alot of Sydney's qualities in her. I love that the two sisters resemble each other. Great casting. Plus, I like that Nadia might get together with Weiss. That might seem like a nice pair. Last season, I felt her character was very "out there", but thankfully she was added to the cast to flesh it out more.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread