Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2003, 10:51 PM
monroe85

Quote:
Originally posted by Jennifer ~*Justified1/2*~:
<STRONG> And also, Melissas really British??I had no idea lol really , I always heard her with an english accent.</STRONG>
The actress is really Australian [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] She got her start over here, in an Australian Soap Opera. She moved to America to futhur her career (since she was pigeon-holed as 'Angel' here) and used an American accent for movies like 'Sugar & Spice'.

I agree though, that's so strange they are making her British. I was getting all my Aussie-pride ready! Because they make sooooooooo much Australian actors put on fake accents - like Poppy Montgomery and Anthony LaPaglia in 'Without a Trace', and Emilie DeRavin in 'Roswell'.
::Sniff:: I'm sad now. Bring on Aussieness, I say [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-19-2003, 11:37 PM
Master Fan

Yep - she sure is an Aussie - she is from Perth. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I think Home and Away was the only thing she did in Australia then she moved to the US.
Old 10-19-2003, 11:39 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by - Jen -:
<STRONG>

aww, mate, we arnt that bloody bad are we ? [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

G'day mate [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] i think i have had too much sugar for this early in the morning [img]smilies/goof.gif[/img]</STRONG>
On yer! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 10-20-2003, 02:30 AM
Passionate Fan

I think the British thing must be for a Sark connection cos I read somewhere that the character spent part of her childhood in England.

And a BIG warning to all those non Aussies out there, Aussies like to distance themselves as much as they can from Americans, New Zealanders and the English. Calling an Aussie English is like calling a Canadian an American..... the results will be bloody.

Aussies LOVE to hate the Yanks, Kiwis and Poms. I mean I've been to some of the world cup games, and in the non Australian games the Aussies would rather back Romania than any of the above.

It's like I read and interview with DA and the interviewer was like "is it werid you have such a big following in England and Australia cause Sark has a British accent". I was like, sure the accent is cute but thats not why we like him, we like him casue he is HOT! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Even Lucifer retained his beauty after his fall. Julian Sark
Old 10-20-2003, 06:48 AM
monroe85

Quote:
Originally posted by The True Cat:
<STRONG> Aussies like to distance themselves as much as they can from Americans, New Zealanders and the English. Calling an Aussie English is like calling a Canadian an American..... the results will be bloody.

Aussies LOVE to hate the Yanks, Kiwis and Poms. I mean I've been to some of the world cup games, and in the non Australian games the Aussies would rather back Romania than any of the above.

</STRONG>
You are sooooooo right. I get so p*ssed at work when a workmate calls me 'half-American', since my dad's orginally from the US.

And yeah, I've noticed that too, that as Aussie's we generally bat for the underdog.

Old 10-20-2003, 11:22 AM
New Fan

I have nothing against MG, and I'm sure it's hard on her being the character no one wants to like (me included)but there is something about Lauren that irks me to no end [img]smilies/nono.gif[/img] I just think there is more to Lauren then what we see, there has to be. Lauren is boring as she is.
Old 10-20-2003, 12:33 PM
Passionate Fan

I think they definately need to bring in a good storyline in for her so the audience accept her...just being Vaughns wife annoys people [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Last nights episode seemed to be hinting at father issues so that could be quite interesting i guess....
Old 10-20-2003, 01:58 PM
Extreme Fan

From TVguide.com (I'm glad I'm not the only one puzzled about the accent):

Question:
On Alias, Vaughn's wife Lauren is played by Melissa George. Is she the same actress who was in the brief/short run of the show Thieves on ABC? I'm trying to remember where I've seen her before. — Todd C.

Matt:
That's right. Good memory. And for those who asked, I don't know why, if Lauren's a senator's daughter, she has a plummy British accent. Some might also recognize George as baby Emma's short-lived nanny on Friends last season. And no, I don't know where Emma disappears to most weeks.
Old 10-20-2003, 02:05 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~*Jade*~:
<STRONG>just being Vaughns wife annoys people [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] </STRONG>
Amen,seriously. I.Just.Hate her. More and more. And telling Syd she wants her to change the job?Or office?What is she thinking?Nooo,she isn't a character which we can like from the beginning.

Literati forever/Sidekick
Time after time...
Old 10-20-2003, 04:22 PM
Master Fan

I don't mind her , but she can be a bytch sometimes.
Old 10-21-2003, 04:56 PM
Extreme Fan

I tried to like her but there has to be something more deep about her.

Maybe she knew Sidney was alive the whole time. Maybe she's related in some way to Sloan or Sark.

Last episode she got quite snippy about the report...I dunno...showed me a little different side of her and made me go "hmmmm".

Cantbehrit [img]smilies/star.gif[/img]
Old 10-22-2003, 02:36 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Cantbehrit:
<STRONG>
Last episode she got quite snippy about the report...I dunno...showed me a little different side of her and made me go "hmmmm".

Cantbehrit [img]smilies/star.gif[/img]</STRONG>
That made me a bit suspicious, too. I hope she ends up being evil, not because I hate her or anything. I just want her to be interesting and something more than Syd's rival/Vaughn's wife.
Old 10-24-2003, 04:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

[img]smilies/look.gif[/img] Oh well
I like Melissa since Home and Away [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
I don't watch Alias but I've heard what people say about Melissa [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-24-2003, 06:08 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I still hear a trace of an Aussie accent, but only cos i can pick a fellow Aussie accent miles away
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] You know, when I was watching Theives yesterday...I could hear the aussie accent in her voice but it was like she was trying to keep her voice low and not have the accent [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]
Old 10-27-2003, 01:02 PM
Extreme Fan

Does anyone hate Lauren a little bit less after last night's episode? I really started to hate her after she asked/demanded that Syd transfer to another office, but after the car chase and her apology, I have to admit I don't hater her as much anymore. Actually, now that I'm a Sarkney, I really don't mind Lauren much. She's still a bit boring, but I'm sure as we get to know her better that'll change.