Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2005, 05:02 AM
Elite Fan

Irina Derevko/Lena Olin Appreciation #1: She's the most wicked tv mommy!

Welcome to the 1st Irina Derevko/Lena Olin Appreciation Thread

Banner made by the talented Isa

Fans:
01. JLarah
02. -Andie-
03. germanJavaJunkie
04. JJ-Isa
05. Big Head want Dolly
06. globe2912

Irina: Truth takes time

Irina: I've had this picture of your face in my mind for twenty years. I remember a loving husband, generous man, patriot. I may have been under orders to fabricate a life with you, but there were times when the illusion of our marriage was as powerful for me as it was for you, especially when Sydney was born. Looking at you now, I see that illusion is finally gone.

Irina: Speaking of Ms. Adams... just before I left I remember her encouraging you to try out for your school's Thanksgiving play. You don't have to tell me if you don't want to, but in the twenty years since I last saw you I often wondered... what part did you play?
Sydney: I don't remember. It was around the time I was told my mother had died. Everything else is a blur.

Irina: You received my intel. Your friend was cleared. I told you I'd want a favor. This is it. 266 Kroner Strasse in Zurich. I've just given you the address of Sloane's warehouse where he's hiding the Rambaldi artifacts.
Sydney: That's not why you're here.
Irina: Yes. It's the only reason.
Sydney: Suddenly you want us to have Sloane's artifacts?
Irina: Sydney, I know our relationship is complicated but I'm your mother. I have to believe that would be the case under any circumstance. Go to Zurich.

Vaughn: I'm trying to live a normal life, which was always hard given what I do. But it's gotten harder since I met your daughter. It's not that knowing her hasn't made my life better. It has. But it's also made it that much worse. I think I've said enough.
Irina: The problem, Mr. Vaughn, is that to the one person who matters, you haven't said anything.
Vaughn: Listen, this may not mean anything to you. This may not be something you can understand or appreciate, but we have rules. Very clear and important rules that govern the relationship between a handler and his asset.
Irina: And between a man and a woman?

Irina: [to Sydney] You're so willing to take risks for your country. Why aren't you willing to do the same for your own happiness?
Kendall: Do you know where the nukes are?
Irina: Yes, I do.
Kendall: Where?
Irina: I've spent the last thirty-six nights lying on a steel mattress.
Kendall: And what the hell is that supposed to mean?
Irina: It means I would appreciate a pillow and blanket.

Irina: I see through you. You must know that.
Sloane: This is who I am.
Irina: You may need to think of yourself as an honorable husband, a father figure, but I don't. I will never see that man in you, which frankly is why we have this agreement.
Sloane: You need to get some rest.
Irina: Never talk to me about your love for Sydney again.

Irina: We're going to be grandparents.
Jack: I'm trying to ignore that fact.

Irina: So, Sydney, how's school?
Sydney: I'm writing my dissertation... supposedly.

Irina: I don't imagine that means you've decided to trust me?
Jack: Our previous... dealings would indicate that your strategy here may be long-term. So for now, I trust that your behavior is predictable.
Irina: By "previous dealings" you mean our marriage? You know, technically, we may still be husband and wife.

Sydney: I'm thinking of leaving the CIA. Which would mean giving up my clearance to see you.
Irina: You're too forgiving, Sydney. Don't pretend I'm something I'm not. I've never been a real mother to you and... you don't owe me a second chance. If you make this decision about me, you're a fool. In fact, if you decide to stay I won't agree to see you anymore. Take care of yourself.

Irina: I wanted to see you because... it's going to be dangerous, setting this trap. I hope it goes well but there's no guarantee. So whatever happens, there's something I need you to know. Sydney, I love you.
Sydney: Mom--
Irina: You don't have to say anything. I'm pretty sure I haven't earned very much, and that's okay. This was just something I needed to say.

Irina: I'm afraid I can't allow you to be such a complication in my life any longer.

Irina: For whatever it's worth, I truly do love you

I cannot believe we don't have an Irina apprectaion around here... I love Spy Mommy so much and I know others do too.

So spread the Irina love!

What's everyone's fave Irina moment? I loved her jump in The Telling. And also the Irina/Syd skating rink scene. Lena so owned it.
Old 05-20-2005, 11:05 AM
Extreme Fan

There used to be one. I couldn't find it anywhere though. I wonder what happened?

As for Irina, best.character.ever. She is the most compelling, interesting, mysterious, ****ed up character on this show and everytime she is onscreen she breathes life into this show. It is pretty remarkable. Lena never ceases to amaze me.

The APO scene with Jack has got to be my favorite scene of the episode, along with the airplane scene with Sydney.
Old 05-20-2005, 11:41 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
There used to be one. I couldn't find it anywhere though. I wonder what happened?
It probably disappeared during Lena's absence from the show...

Lena said she's open to returning next season. I really hope she does, at least for a couple of episodes.
Old 05-21-2005, 09:04 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Lena said she's open to returning next season
I hope she does I Love Irina and what she brings to the show.
Old 05-21-2005, 09:43 AM
Master Fan

we've had a million..they all disappear after awhile. Shame!

Quote:
As for Irina, best.character.ever. She is the most compelling, interesting, mysterious, ****ed up character on this show
She's the most compelling, interesting, mysterious, f**ed up character on ANY show. My favorite fictional character by far.

Quote:
everytime she is onscreen she breathes life into this show
It is amazing how much she brings to it. HUGE, huge, huge difference. I can't even describe it.
Old 05-21-2005, 11:46 AM
Extreme Fan

Word, Steph. I can't even rbing myself to watch the show when she is not around. That is why season 3 was so painful to me. The fact that they assassinated her character helps a bit, too.
Old 05-21-2005, 12:09 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-6_494
we've had a million..they all disappear after awhile. Shame!

She's the most compelling, interesting, mysterious, f**ed up character on ANY show. My favorite fictional character by far.

It is amazing how much she brings to it. HUGE, huge, huge difference. I can't even describe it.
I know... The show is so much weaker without Irina.
Old 05-21-2005, 07:55 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Word, Steph. I can't even rbing myself to watch the show when she is not around. That is why season 3 was so painful to me. The fact that they assassinated her character helps a bit, too.
All the S2 excitement dropped by over 80% while waiting for The Two. I was "enjoying" early S3 - it didn't hook me, but it wasn't terrible either - but I never would've tuned in if it weren't the show I had loved so much the year before. I thought my excitement went away only because of the lack of Lena, but then EVERYTHING just drowned in an ocean of suck.

And the writing fell apart which made it even more utterly painful to watch, as you said. Ack. Especially post-"Whoren is MOLE". Then it was bitter, bitter, bitter until 4x18. Hah.

Funny how non-bitter about Alias I'm feeling right now - as in these last eps. Irina-less S5 doesn't look that enticing. Thank you, Lena.
Old 05-21-2005, 08:12 PM
Extreme Fan

Specially when it all points to it being the show's last.
Old 05-22-2005, 05:13 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leka
Specially when it all points to it being the show's last.
Sssshhh! Think positive.
Old 05-22-2005, 09:39 AM
Obsessed Fan

I was so disappointed last season when JJA said Lena would be back and then she never was, we just kept seeing Jack "talking" to Irina via his laptop. Come to think of it, JJA also told EW that it would be explained why Jack was talking to Irina last season when she was supposedly dead. And it hasn't really been explained. I'm still actually confused what point in time Jack attempted to kill Irina, but maybe that's just me.

Anyway, I'm glad she was back last week and I hope she comes next season, too. But why is she suddenly so willing to come back? I thought she was MIA last season because she was asking for too much money or something? Or was I misinformed?

VISIT FOR DESPAIR ∞ CURRENTLY ON HIATUS
Old 05-22-2005, 12:10 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I was so disappointed last season when JJA said Lena would be back and then she never was
That was Lena's ex-agent's fault. He told JJ she *would* be back for s3 and that's why JJ kept putting those Irina bits. But Lena never meant to come back and she fired her agent because of this.

Quote:
But why is she suddenly so willing to come back? I thought she was MIA last season because she was asking for too much money or something? Or was I misinformed
Lena didn't want to come back for s3 because she wanted to spend more time with her family. And being a regular on Alias meant living miles away from her beloved ones.

Last edited by Fortyseven; 05-22-2005 at 01:58 PM
Old 05-22-2005, 01:23 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dreamer
That was Lena's ex-agent's fault. He told JJ she *would* be back for s3 and that's why JJ kept putting those Irina bits. But Lena never meant to come back and she fired her agent because of the this.

Lena didn't want to come back for s3 because she wanted to spend more time with her family. And being a regular on Alias meant living miles away from her beloved ones.
Ah. Thanks for the clarification.

Old 05-22-2005, 01:24 PM
Obsessed Fan

The Dreamer -- Ah. Thanks for the clarification.

Old 05-24-2005, 10:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thx for the infos TheDreamer

Irina will be back next episode .... that's everything that matters

I keep my fingers crossed that we'll see her in season 5 as well With Spymommy Alias is sooooo much better