Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2005, 05:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yay, I can't wait, lol.

So, Carol, do you have an all-time fav. Guardian Angel moment?
Old 04-17-2005, 06:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Anji I don't know if I have a fav scene or moment. The Korean Jail cell scene was pretty awesome.

However, the car wash scene from Season 1 was cute too.

And for some reason, I just love the one of them on the pier with the ferris wheel in the background.

How about you?
Old 04-17-2005, 06:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Mustang Girl
And when will that be?
If I am lucky tomorrow evening.
Old 04-17-2005, 06:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildfire Girl
If I am lucky tomorrow evening.
Okay

It was a good eppy Not too many GA moments, but still good.
Old 04-17-2005, 06:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I am loving all the GA moments this yr.
Old 04-17-2005, 06:58 PM
Dedicated Fan

I have a question for all S/V shippers. I hope y'all don't mind me asking.

Do you think that 'Welcome to Liberty Village' is a sign of what is to come? Especially with the last scene being the 2 rings on top of each other? Does that signify that sometime in the future they are going to take that big step? Or does it signify that that is as close as they are ever going to get to marriage?

Personally, me? I believe that marriage could definitely happen sometime soon. I mean, look at how mature their relationship has been this year. They truly love each other. I think they are ready.

Anyone else have any opinions on this?
The only thing that matters
is just following your heart
and eventually you'll finally get it right.

--------------------
|Sydney&Vaughn|-|Luke&Lorelai|-|Jack&Kate|
[icon credit: Marty]
Old 04-17-2005, 08:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I have always wanted V/S to get married...or at least be implied they would when JJ decided to end the series.
Old 04-17-2005, 08:34 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiCkLeS4dAwSoN
I have always wanted V/S to get married...or at least be implied they would when JJ decided to end the series.
i agree that maybe it could happen when the series ends too. i predict that they may possibly delve into other relationships but ultimately end up in marriage with each other since (for the lack of a better word) its "easier" for them--they're both in the same line of work and they don't have to lie to each other unlike with marshall and carrie. and it doesn't hurt that theyre both gorgeous and are in love in the first place

Guardian Angel #9
P/J Shipper #11
Forbidden Lover #45
Old 04-17-2005, 10:10 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbmcgee15
Do you think that 'Welcome to Liberty Village' is a sign of what is to come? Especially with the last scene being the 2 rings on top of each other?
I know I'm new, but I hope it's okay that I just dive right in here...

I absolutely think it's a sign. When I first saw that episode, I was grinning in the last scene and when it faded to black with a close-up shot on the two rings I literally sat up on the edge of my couch, pointed to the TV and yelled "ANVIL!"

I hate bringing this up because I fear I sound pretentious, but I'm a 4th year film student and we're taught so many intricate things about subtlety, foreshadowing and symbolism and how to display it onscreen - and they always tell us that no good writer/director will ever put a prop/moment/piece of dialogue on the screen unless it serves a purpose to further the story. Otherwise it's a waste of screentime.

That having been said, the fact that JJ and his directors chose not only to end the episode on a close-up fade out of the rings but to also re-introduce Santa Barbara and delve further into the idea of it with a whole minute-or-so-long speech about what probably might have happened there 3 years ago... the student in me is screaming about foreshadowing and anvils. And I don't think it was just about foreshadowing the rest of the series, but moreso about the rest of this season. I honestly can look at those anvils along with how mature and stable their relationship has become this year and say with about 99.9% certainty that we'll at least get an admission of readiness to be married - if not an actual proposal itself - by the end of this season.

As for the idea mentioned before that they might seperate and experience other relationships again before marriage, I have to disagree. I think not only is it impossible for them to imagine themselves with anyone else at this point, but also that JJ learned a big lesson during S3 about breaking them apart. I highly doubt he would ever do that again, and if he does it will only be extremely temporary and it will never result in them seeing other people. Again, the film student in me has to claim that JJ has written and constructed the S/V relationship in such a way that doing anything other than moving them forward together at this point would be ludicrous and insulting to the audience. We know how in love and comitted they are. And I think that if it wasn't for the need to "take things slow" and allow Sydney (and the fans) to get comfortable again with the relationship after the Lauren fiasco, Vaughn would have proposed immediately. If you look back at Nocturne when he says "I know you want to take things slow, but what are you afraid of?" - I got a strong vibe from him that, even then, he was more than ready to make a lifelong promise to her.

It's only a matter of time, now, and I truly believe we'll have either Vaughn talking about wanting to get married, or an actual proposal, or both by the end of this season. And I don't think in any way that them being engaged/married will hinder the possibilities to angst and torture their relationship - JJ is a brilliant writer/director, and he surely knows that there are thousands of successful ways to keep up the suspense in a romance without breaking up the couple.

Okay, I've done it again - I rambled on far too long. I suppose I should say "get used to it," because I know myself well enough to know that this is pretty much how I always am - way too longwinded and analytical. Anyway, my overall point is that - yes - I do think "Welcome To Liberty Village" was a strong foreshadowing of things to come, and I'm fairly certain we won't have to wait much longer than a few more episodes to see it start coming to fruition
Old 04-18-2005, 01:10 AM
New Fan

^^
HERE HERE!!!

Well said, well said. And im new too!! Youre not alone! Hi!!!
Old 04-18-2005, 05:26 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I loved what you said too, I just want that V/S ending!

^^^Welcome!
Old 04-19-2005, 06:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Welcome Kelly and windswept butterfly!
Old 04-19-2005, 02:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Oooooooo newbies....

If you wanted added to the list, let me know

ANd I do think that Sydney and Vaughn will get together...as in married. I don't think I could say it any better than you all have
Old 04-20-2005, 05:13 AM
Fan Forum Legend

They so totaly should!
Old 04-20-2005, 09:31 AM
New Fan

Sure, I'd love to be on the list

And, really, y'all can just call me Allie. Much easier.

BTW, if anyone's interested, I put up a couple of S/V music videos in that thread about a week ago and I'm in the process of finishing up another one... and 2 more in the works - if you count "the ideas are in my head" as being the same as "in the works" Wasn't sure if y'all are into watching those or not, so I just thought I would mention it in case you want me to keep you updated as I finish them...

Aaaaaaand new episode tonight! I am beyond excited...
Closed Thread   Post New Thread