Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2004, 02:34 PM
Addicted Fan

Do you plan on buying the season 3 DVDs?

I was severely disapointed with third season of Alias, as were most hardcore fans. So disappointed that I've almost decided not to buy the boxed set which botched up the story of a show I once loved so dearly. So for the rest of you out there, do you plan on purchasing the set because you either
(1) loved season 3, despite its flaws and shortcomings (or perhaps you don't agree with the critics)
(2) purchasing the set anyway because you view season 3 as a hiccup in the grand scheme of the Aliasverse
(3) can't bare not to have it

I'm hopeful that season 4 will be better (hell, anything will be better than that last season), but I don't know if I can continue my collection without "Alias: the missing two (plus) years"....
Old 08-10-2004, 06:39 PM
Master Fan

Pssht, no. I won't be buying them first hand, anyway.

I'm going to have them someday only because I have the other 2 seasons and I like to have a complete collection. I probably wouldn't even watch the DVDs or take the box out of the wrapping for that matter I'd just have them .. to have them.
icon *
Pavlov's Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 01:56 AM
Master Fan

No, I won't be either. The first 2 years I was very keen to buy when they came out, but with season 3 being pretty crappy and the special features don't sound as good either I don't feel like spending the $$.
Aussie Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 07:44 AM
Master Fan

I'm probably going to buy them second hand from Amazon Marketplace. I have the other two seasons and I'm a total completist, so yeah. I actually don't mind S3 up until Full Disclosure, and that's when it started crapping out for me. Hourglass was great and Facade was enjoyable (it's amazing what Vark HoYay can save), but the sister bringing in brought it down, too.

So I will be buying it, but I'm not crazy desperate like I was for S1 and 2.
Old 08-11-2004, 12:34 PM
Obsessed Fan

I don't know...not right away, that's for sure. There's too many other things I'd rather spend my money on.

I actually only saw a few episodes of season three, but I didn't care for what I saw, and I've heard so many things about it....no plans to get anytime in the near future. I may not get it at all.

~Kat
TheCheshireKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 12:17 AM
Banned

Hell yes.

Though it wasn't the best season, it was still a good season and had great moments. The premiere for one is an excellent episode. As well as Unvieled and Remnants and many others. I also can't wait to see the bloopers for this season and the commentaries. They always have the funniest commentaries.

I don't care how bad the finale sucked. First thing I'm doing that morning is buying the dvds.
Yoda-Mira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 12:24 AM
Loyal Fan

Yes! I mean given, I didn't like some choices the writers and stuff made, and the finale wasn't the best, but there were some amazing episodes. Hourglass is one of my favorites! I will definately be buying them, I mean...the bloopers alone are worth it!
Old 08-12-2004, 12:26 AM
Banned

Amen. ITA, fear x less. How about that Jen/Melissa commentary? That's gotta be very interesting as well. It sucks theres not Ron/Victor commentary, but I'll live.
Yoda-Mira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 12:39 AM
Loyal Fan

Ron and Victor! Poor things, being left out. *sigh* I loved Ron and Jen together with everyone on the finale from season 1...they should do that again lol
Old 08-12-2004, 03:13 AM
Elite Fan

Am I one of the only people who enjoyed S3?

I will definetly be picking this up, but not til December.

kenny | credit
smoothaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 07:02 PM
Total Fan

I'm definitely going to be buying the DVDs. It wasn't the best season but a few of the episodes were really good. I like most people don't like to have an incomplete set so that's another reason why I would get it. Plus I need to watch the episodes over cause I don't remember some of them that well.
You are my signal fire.
The only resolution and the only joy,
Is the faint spark of forgiveness in your eyes.
BreathofJasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 01:56 AM
Master Fan

hahahahaha. no.

I don't remember anything of this season - and I frankly don't care to anymore - except semi-enjoying "crossing".
X-6_494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 10:25 AM
Master Fan

Definatly. It's all for the Sarkney. I don't care if this was the worst season of Alias so far (my opinion) I want it for all the good Sarkney scenes.

It's a Sarkney thing, you wouldn't understand...
Atti's Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 04:52 PM
Passionate Fan

Not right away but maybe one day. I am still not done with my season 2 DVDs anyway and since I disliked season 3 most of the time, I don't think I will buy it when it comes out like I did with the first 2 seasons. Plus with Everwood, Felicity, The OC coming out this fall, I will save my money for those. Maybe if season 4 ends up being very good, I will buy season 3 and continue my collection but if it is as bad, my collection will stop with season 2 even though I hate when I don't have every season to complete my collection (same thing with DC since I still don't know if I will buy season 3 and beyond).
Old 08-16-2004, 11:43 PM
Obsessed Fan

I'm not too much of a completist when it comes to TV box sets and movies. If i don't think I'm going to like something, then I won't spend the money on it. I haven't gotten them yet, but I want Buffy on DVD. But only the first three seasons. There's several shows that will be like that for me.

I'm thinking of passing up on season three entirely. If season four is good, I'll buy it.

~Kat
TheCheshireKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread