Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2008, 09:13 AM
Elite Fan

Aww... those last episodes are good. In the end it really feels like a good-bye.
Maybe they could all come back for a movie.
Tugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 09:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

I want a movie The ending is a pefect set up for such a thing
Old 04-20-2008, 11:41 AM
Elite Fan

I'd like a movie too. just to see everyone again But i think they have story... after all they left all doors opened.
Old 04-20-2008, 01:01 PM
Addicted Fan

Aww, I'd love a movie!! I haven't finished watching all the series yet, but I'd love a movie, even if it would just too see everyone together again. But they would have to bring Jack and Irina back somehow!! Well, this is Alias, I'm sure they wouldn't have a problem with that and they would find a way.

Last edited by JLarah; 04-20-2008 at 01:08 PM
JLarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 05:11 AM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Head want Dolly (View Post)
I'm going to finish S5 today which is great and sad at the same time
So, did you finish season 5?

A movie would be fun and they could always bring Jack & Irina back in flashbacks f.e.
Old 04-21-2008, 08:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Alias

OK this is going to be a very long post
I'll give you my two cents on the episodes I watched and I hope I won't bore you to tears.
Here we go:

Fait Accompli:
Haha the beginning was entertaining--Syd meeting her old professor in Rome--what an insane coincidence.I really love Renee working with her they make good partners and now that Syd can't fight how she used to it's nice to have Renee beat up the bad guys. It was sad to hear Syd say the man was "from another life", so she did give up on the whole teacher thing I guess.The whole Sloane/Nadia tragedy in the hospital needs to end already--I hate to see her just lying around--waking up--slipping into coma again Well it didn't surprise me that he opened up to Jack about Dean when it was covenient to him.
Oh and I knew Peyton would deceive Dean--she is an evil bitch after all...
It was nice to see Syd and Rachel bonding a bit more--it was cute that Rachel wanted to help her with the cradle, but decided to go to work with Syd anyway.
The scene at the race track was hilarious-
Quote:
Sydney: Oracle, come in. Do you have a visual?
Rachel: Yeah (panting), actually on Dean.
Sydney: What’s he doing?
Rachel: Eating dirt - I just hit him with a shovel.
Sydney: A shovel…is he conscious?
Rachel: Yeah, I think so.
Sydney: Then hit him again.
-Rachel hitting Dean with a shovel
I'm afraid the rest of the episode was kind of meh--of course Sloane would kill Dean in the end. And I'm with Syd on this one:
Quote:
Sydney: Marshall counted 12 sources that make up Prophet 5, 12 dad.
Jack: I know.
Sydney: It’s like The Alliance all over again.
Geez!
Well the scene with Jack and Syd building the cradle was of course the highlight
Bob:
So we are in a train in Siberia--again(how many trains do they want to destroy in Russia lol)--ugh and with that creepy weapon to top things...I won't go into that now.
I really enjoyed Rachel's mission in Brazil. And Sark is always nice to have in an episode, so I was cheering when he stepped into the elevator and when they hired him. It was cute that Syd kept Rachels "secret". The Sark-chained-to-the-bomb-situation was hilarious. The plot with Jack and Elisabeth was great as well, but it felt contrieved. I just didn't buy that he knew her for a long time--I don't know why...
Marshall keeping Sydney company was adorable--we all know that she likes to be in the field, so it was a nice gesture of him.
Another great scene--Jack playing piano at the end.I missed Renee though...

The Horizon:
I'm not sure why, but the (new ones, not the "recycled" ones)Vaughn/Syd dream sequences kind of freaked me out.It almost felt like they lost their chemistry--maybe that was the purpose--I don't know. The whole torture thing was a bit weird, too.I mean it was great to see a lot of awesome Syd/Vaughn scenes again, but other than that?Weird. And I so knew it was Irina behind that wall--who else would do that, really...
What else did I like - oh yes Peyton was her usual awesome evil selfI couldn't help, but giggle about this:
Quote:
DESANTIS: Excellent. I’ll let our benefactors know. (Referring to the background sound,where they find the guy she killed earlier) What is that noise?
PEYTON: You know how it is. Rough neighbourhood.
In completely unrelated news--the actor who played Desantis also played Dr. Chase's dad in House--now we know why he didn't stay with his son
Jack giving Syd the rattler was adorable, too-it's nice that he is taking care of her while Vaughn is "dead".
The whole abduction scene with Renee and when she and Jack were interrogating Desantis were great--she should have joined the show earlier--she just kicks ass.
The end with the nursery was freaky as well, as was Syd on that huge cargo ship.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
OK see the P.S.

Reprisal:
I loved the beginning with everyone taking pics of the different Prophet 5 members: Marshall taking a sauna and Tom in Siberia--poor guy, but well as Jack said he was late to the meeting.And I thought it was soo funny that they send Syd to Sydney. I was actually screaming at her she should hide that waitress better Well she managed to take the pic anyway...
Oh and it was nice seeing Carrie again.
I don't know why, but as soon as Tom showed up at Rachel's doorstep I sort of knew there would happen something bad, but I didn't see the abduction of Marshall and Rachel coming--I thought Tom would do something evil and then Sark shows up-- Awesome.Ugh and Sloane threatening Syd while she was with Isabel--he is such an ass, but I wouldn't have expected anything less. It was great to see Marshall and Rachel work together--they make a good team--eventhough I couldn't believe he said he had never seen something cooler, after Rachel used her underwire to open the handcuffs-- I mean he went to missions with Syd and she did stuff like that all the time Good thing Carrie found out where they were held (the two of them make such dorky parents--all the books-- Adorable!)
Well then came the horrible Let's-pretend-we-are-in-a-glacier-cave-CGI-effects
I thought it was interesting that Syd was actually living with Emily and Sloane for some time and the story of her rescueing the stuffed animals was cute. One thing was strange though--he told Syd that a gunshot would trigger a cave in, but then he is shooting the ground beneath her? How did he get out of that cave??
The whole bomb threat was awful--Sloane really is the devil--good thing they found out in time and could evacuate everyone--well except Tom--wow the death of his wife really robbed his will to survive, didn't it?--Poor guy--and I thought all the time he was a mole or something. It was nice that Rachel told him she would have accepted the date--and so so sad at the same time
Oh and another great moment was Peyton shooting all the members of Prophet 5. She really is insane.

All The Time In The World:
OMG the final episode was really great!
The first flashback where Jack tells Syd to stay strong after her mom died--wow he was soo devastated! And the next one where she is doing that puzzle--I thought it was hilarious that Jack was talking to her like she was a grown up, using all that technical terminology and Syd just going: "What?"
Every flashback was so perfect, because we learned a bit more about the circumstances why Syd ended up being a spy...Francie telling her about "that guy--Danny something" was bittersweet and the next minute we see that CIA guy coming like in the S1 credits. The one where Syd is telling Jack about her new job really broke my heart, cause you could see that he didn't want that kind of life for her, but couldn't tell her what he knew--he must have been so hurt that Sloane went behind his back to recruit Syd And the final one: Syd telling Sloane that this is what she wanted to do all along...how little did she know at that moment how much she would have to sacrifice.

I was a bit disappointed in Peyton--I mean she is killing people left and right, but she is afraid of snakes?Yeah right...
It was interesting to see that Sark had qualms about the global genocide thing--he really just picks the side which seems to benefit him most.You could almost--almost feel sorry for him.
Then the first "showdown" in that mongolian cave--I was laughing so hard about this:
Quote:
Sloane: Nadia! I’m so glad you’re here, if I didn’t have someone to share this with, I would have doubted my own eyes.
Nadia: You’re talking to your dead daughter… this is an odd time to be questioning your sanity.
He really went insane--and then the jerk is shooting Spy!Daddy--No!!!!!!!!!!!You evil son of a bitch!!!!!!!! Good thing Syd shot him.
And this scene with Syd and Jack--geez this is killing me--soo heartbreaking--I mean when you think about how everything started: Syd hated him--they didn't trust each other -- and now they finally do and have a great relationship and then he dies--I guess life is really that unfair.At least they had a chance to say goodbye.
I really loved how they ended things with Sloane--I knew he wouldn't die that easily--Jack taking him down with him. I mean that is the best punishment one could think of: he is burried under that pillar forever--this is like hell--perfect!
And Nadia's ghost leaving him, too--he really didn't deserve anything better.
Which brings me to the other "showdown" between Syd and Irina: Geez that was crazy--
Quote:
Irina: For whatever it's worth, I truly do love you.
and at the same time she is strangling her? Make up your mind already! Her death was actually quite pathetic--she was soo focused on the Horizon and power that it killed her in the end--that was really pitiful in a strange way-- to see how the whole Rambaldi thing clouded her mind and rationality in the end. The fight was great though...
The end was really nice--I'm soo glad they didn't end things like a soap opera where everything is soo saccarine that your teeth will fall out
It was a bit creepy seeing Isabel doing that puzzle, so I was pretty relieved when she smashed it and went to Syd.
I'm soo glad they sort of implied that Syd is still a spy. Some things you just can't put behind you I guess And how great was it that Dixon started with "Truth to be told..." --way to remind us of the pilot
And when the screen went black and it said "Thank you for the incredible five years"--oh man--I can't believe it's over. Awesome all the way!

P.S.:I know I'm not finished yet:

S.O.S.:
Maternal Instinct:
There's Only One Sydney Bristow:
30 Seconds:
I See Dead People:
No Hard Feelings:
I'm going to comment on these once I have a bit more time--the library is getting really crowded right now and frankly my eyes are starting to hurt
I'll be back with the rest soon! I hope you don't take that as a threat

T.
Big Head want Dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 02:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Alias

Ha--I knew I would kill the threat with that post

*is listening carefully*
<crickets, crickets>

Well ok then I'll be back with the rest soon--like I promised/threatend

T.
Old 04-22-2008, 06:55 AM
Master Fan

Good thoughts, T, on the finale. I didn't think about that callback to the pilot. Looking forward to your thoughts on S.O.S. and There's Only One Sydney Bristow.
I made my icon.
BepperGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 04:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Taschka I love your comments!

I agree with your comment from Fait Accompli: that the scene with Jack and Sydney building the cradle was awesome
Old 04-24-2008, 04:52 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Well then came the horrible Let's-pretend-we-are-in-a-glacier-cave-CGI-effects
LOL that was awful. And that Syd/Vaughn kiss was like the worst kiss ever. LOL Even JG says so. It's like they were stucked.

Quote:
It was a bit creepy seeing Isabel doing that puzzle, so I was pretty relieved when she smashed it and went to Syd.
I liked that scene. i think it meant Isabel won't choose the Spy's path.
Old 04-24-2008, 06:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Yeah, the ending with Isabelle and the puzzle, brought the whole spy family thing full circle.... until she smashed it
Old 04-28-2008, 06:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Alias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugi (View Post)
LOL that was awful. And that Syd/Vaughn kiss was like the worst kiss ever. LOL Even JG says so. It's like they were stucked.
Yeah That was really odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugi (View Post)
I liked that scene. i think it meant Isabel won't choose the Spy's path.
Exactly--that's why I was glad she smashed itI was just afraid for like two seconds it would end up with Isabel becoming a spy as well...she meets a guy at the campus yadda yadda yadda....
Quote:
Good thoughts, T, on the finale. I didn't think about that callback to the pilot. Looking forward to your thoughts on S.O.S. and There's Only One Sydney Bristow.
I'm really busy at the moment, but I hope I can post about the other episodes soon

T.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:03 PM
JGW
New Fan

Season 5 Vaughn Death

I've just been watching Alias for the first time and im up to season 5 and in the first couple of episodes Vaughn (sidneys fiance) is shot apparently to death in like an old train yard or something and now i've just reached episode 14 and he's alive and recovering and sidney and jack both know about it but unless i've missed an episode at no point before this episode do they find out he's actually alive ? if i've missed an episode could anyone tell me which one it is they first find out he is still alive?
JGW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 01:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Welcome to JGW I moved your post/question to this thread

His re-emergence as being alive was a bit of a surprise. I don't think you missed any episodes. We, the audience, were slightly mislead to believe he was dead when he was really alive.
Old 01-13-2011, 01:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Alias

Welcome JGW

That part was kinda weird Carol explained it pretty well though

T.
Reply   Post New Thread