Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2006, 02:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Alias Discussion of the Week #3 ~ Which Season is Your Favorite and Why?

Which season of Alias is your favorite and why?
Old 10-12-2006, 10:34 PM
Elite Fan

I would have to say Season 2 was my favorite season of 'Alias'. Why? Well...I just felt it was the year the show was on top of it's game. The story was gripping, the family dynamic made for great storytelling, and the fact that they broke format and the show was still able to deliver, not to mention everything that happened this year...I felt it was the most solid season the show had throughout it's five year run.

kenny | credit
smoothaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 08:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

The 2nd season was an awesome one, but I might have to say the first was my favorite. It was classic Alias and was what drew me into the show
Old 10-14-2006, 12:46 PM
Extreme Fan

I'm torn between seasons 2 and 3.

Season 2 had a lot of great stuff. The take down of SD-6, lots of Sark, lots of Will, evil Francie. Great plots, great everything.

Season 3 was the same. I loved the cliffhanger at the end of season 2 with Sydney and I loved how it was played out. I loved Lauren, and Sark. Everything was just as great as season 2.

So I'm really torn...

If I really had to choose... I think I'd choose season 3.
Old 10-15-2006, 11:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

I was torn, too, but had to go with Season 1... that finale was awesome Vaughn trapped behind the door, caught up in all that water
Old 10-16-2006, 06:36 AM
Elite Fan

Although my all time favorite episode is 1x22, I have to go with season 2. I love how each part of the season had a different feel and of course the scenes with Spy Family. My faves are probably episodes 5-8, I've really enjoyed those. And of course the great season finale!
Old 10-16-2006, 06:58 AM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

Season 2. Why? It rocked First the whole build-up to the showdown at SD-6, the Evil!Francie stuff, all the twists and turns, the awesome cliffhanger

It just had the right feeling to it and made me fall in love with Alias even more
Old 10-16-2006, 06:19 PM
Part-Time Fan

I'd have to say the first season was my favorite...I still watch those episodes and am hooked immediately....the episode that has been my favorite (and, yet after all five seasons, still is) is the fourth episode of the first season, with the standoff in the stadium and the 500 year old binary code....talking about it just makes me want to crack out the DVDs again.....
goldeneye2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 11:10 AM
Elite Fan

Ah, yes, 1x04 is definitely one of my all time faves!
Old 10-23-2006, 03:31 AM
Elite Fan

I'm torn...I enjoyed seasons 1-3 equally. Season 4 I felt the show lots it's way for most of the episodes, and S5 was really too short to qualify, plus I'm still fighting this whole notion of why did they have to include Jenn's pregnancy into the show instead of just taking the longer break?

I'll go with S1 b/c it's what made me fall "in love" with the show in the first place. I remember having a "marathon"...where I'd be off on the weekend and just watching 8-10 episodes per day! Crazy but addictive. The writting was brilliant, JJ Abrams was a lot more involved then too. The cast was great, although we didn't have Lena Olin for S1.

Alex

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 04:36 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider (View Post)
I'm torn...I enjoyed seasons 1-3 equally. Season 4 I felt the show lots it's way for most of the episodes, and S5 was really too short to qualify, plus I'm still fighting this whole notion of why did they have to include Jenn's pregnancy into the show instead of just taking the longer break?

I'll go with S1 b/c it's what made me fall "in love" with the show in the first place. I remember having a "marathon"...where I'd be off on the weekend and just watching 8-10 episodes per day! Crazy but addictive. The writting was brilliant, JJ Abrams was a lot more involved then too. The cast was great, although we didn't have Lena Olin for S1.

Alex
It is a hard choice between S1 and S2, but I guess S2 even though I loved S1. I am watching S4 now and it is not as bad as I was afraid it iwas going to be. I thought the episode about Sark making Vaughn open Lauren's coffin and him making Vaughn look at her was a little much. I do get tired of Sloane and the Rambaldi stuff, but otherwise it is not that bad. Even when it is not that good, it is better than anything that is on TV now.
Old 10-24-2006, 02:56 AM
Elite Fan

I think my main problem with s4 are the stand alones... I think the storylines were pretty much ok, but the show wasn't as addictive as before without the cliffhangers and longer stories. S3 had much less believable stories but it's still one of my faves 'cause it was intense and fastpacing. I think each season of Alias is very different, but s4 is the only one that doesn't really fit the format of the show.
Old 10-29-2006, 02:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

I kinda thought this might be a hard question
Old 10-30-2006, 08:10 PM
Elite Fan

I did not hate S4 after re-watching. What it brought to the table was a closer/further examination of the family/sister dynamic.

kenny | credit
smoothaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 07:17 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -TheKen- (View Post)
I did not hate S4 after re-watching. What it brought to the table was a closer/further examination of the family/sister dynamic.
Did you watch it in the original order? It makes much more sense that way.

I do like the season and the family interaction, but some stuff in the early episodes could have been done much better IMO.