Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2005, 02:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Alias 4x09 - "A Man of His Word"

Wednesday, Mar. 2
"A Man of His Word"

Sark agrees to help Sydney and Vaughn track down Anna Espinosa, but only after Vaughn agrees to a despicable request from Sark related to Lauren's buried corpse. Meanwhile, Jack ponders risking Nadia's life by prematurely reviving her from an induced coma to extract vital information about Anna's whereabouts.

Taken word for word from abc.com

Looks like a great episode

And I'm not going t be here to discuss it :sad:

Last edited by Big Head want Dolly; 10-29-2011 at 05:02 AM
Yellow Mustang Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 11:44 PM
Master Fan

I can't wait for this episode. From the promos I have seen, it looks like it will be great.
who you will be.
Impressions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 11:53 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impressions
I can't wait for this episode. From the promos I have seen, it looks like it will be great.
Rub in that you've seen the second promo with Sark in it some more why don't you
Old 02-28-2005, 06:07 AM
Elite Fan

I hope they show Lauren's corpse, I'll enjoy seeing that b/c of how much I disliked her character in season3. They better not find a way to "say she's alive"

alex

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 08:00 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Vaughn agrees to a despicable request from Sark related to Lauren's buried corpse
Heh. Remind me how I guessed that was going to happen in the last ep thread.
X-6_494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 08:10 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Strifer
I hope they show Lauren's corpse, I'll enjoy seeing that b/c of how much I disliked her character in season3. They better not find a way to "say she's alive"
That'd be neat if they did show it, I hated her. There's no way she can be alive, she was shot like 10 times! This looks like an awesome epsiode though. Can't wait!
Old 02-28-2005, 10:15 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strifer
They better not find a way to "say she's alive"
It wouldn't surprise me!!! But I'm still excited for this weeks episode!
of astounding proportions. Marianne J. Legato, MD
archergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 04:43 PM
Elite Fan

It would give us the chance to yell at the TV..."Doesn't ANYONE die on this show anymore?"

PS...I still refuse to believe Irina is dead

Alex

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Old 02-28-2005, 11:08 PM
Master Fan

Nat - I just love to add salt to the wound j/k .

I have to admit that I've been spoiled about the general plot of this episode for a long time now. And plus JJ talks about this episode in his recent interview in Alias Mag. So I'll restrain from giving anything away accidently...
who you will be.
Impressions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 10:54 PM
Elite Fan

Cannot wait for tonight's ALIAS episode! It looks to be another good one.

kenny | credit
smoothaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 11:13 PM
Obsessed Fan

This one does look good. It feels nice to be interested in Alias again. I look forward to each episode.

I'm especially loving the character of Nadia. It's nice to see a good female character other than Sydney, IMO. I only wish they'd find a way to make Sark a regular again.

~Kat
TheCheshireKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 11:18 PM
Elite Fan

Right, but it's weird to say that when season4 comes out on DVD in the future...I'll be watching...epsiodes 1, 2...and then straight to 9...and pretend those other ones never happened

Alex

Old 03-02-2005, 10:04 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strifer
Right, but it's weird to say that when season4 comes out on DVD in the future...I'll be watching...epsiodes 1, 2...and then straight to 9...and pretend those other ones never happened
Yeah ... me too.

kenny | credit
smoothaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 08:04 PM
Master Fan

Well, that was meh. Plot, whuh? Which is too bad, seeing how Echoes was actually good.

- Ack, they killed Sark. Lauren Corpse scene. The end. What happened to the morally ambiguous cocky british son of a bltch whose loyalties are flexible?

- The Sloane/Nadia dynamic is iffy..probably because it replaces Sloane's misplaced affection for Sydney - how he treated her like a "daughter" - which was twisted and more fun to watch.

Highlight of the ep - aka the one scene that didn't put me to sleep: Sark's extraction and the dinner with Anna. Oh, and the Sloane/Jack "pact" - is that only a deal not to harm each other's daughters?

booo, alias.
X-6_494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 08:39 PM
Absolute Fan

My sister came over so I missed a few key moments.
Okay so Sloane was worried enough to move Nadia, smart man. Absotively loved the Anna escapade in the hospital. Way to use the old fire hose, very reminesce of when Vaughn used it last season, only more action packed!!
I love Anna, i really hope they can integrate her further into the storyline.
Jack is awesome, he knew what had to be done and he got the job done.
Sark what a weasel..
So he loved Lauren he loved her so much he needed closure and apparantly Lauren felt the same about him but, there is no way a CIA sanctioned grave visit would allow a known terroist to touch the body of his 'fallen comrade' what if there had been something on the body he nedded to extract?
Although he didn't really get much time to take anything off of the COWdaver and if they later show that he did, that would be a bunch of crap!
I did enjoy emotional Sark, it was a different side of him although I'm not buying into the walking oxymoron that is Sark! Gimme a break..."Oh Sydney...I'm a man of his word!" PFFFFFFFT!! Yep Mr. My loyalties are flexible I'm sure Sydney was all over herself to believe you just because you stated that.
Oh the Lauren tribute, what a tribute to LARK!
Eat it up if you wanna believe that was Sarkney because that is probably all you'll get.
That whole scene was shown on a promo, they didn't leave anything to imagine. Syd as Lauren... acting like Lauren as to not blow her cover. Lauren had shown before that she was the sexual agressor..Syd just kept in character. And proved how she hates Sark by drawing first blood.
Weiss doing tricks for Nadia cute.
Marshall with the odd deep computer type voice moving to Nadias lips...was it his voice? It looked really funny.
Sloane interogating Jack on his ethics with his daughter, and I was just waiting for Jack to come back with "Oh like when you recruited Sydney into SD6 against my will? And have endangered her life on a regular basis for the kast 10 years?"
Overall a respectable episode.
Rob on Edward:""He's intensely lonely. You think you'll never have anything in your life, and not even in your life...for eternity, suddenly you meet this 1 thing that provides everything that you've ever wanted in over 100 years and yet you can feel the time slipping away so quickly, like her lifespan is non-exsistant."
IfITellUIllHav2KillU is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread