Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2005, 08:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Alias 4x03 - "The Awful Truth" Episode Discussion ~ (1/12/05)

Wednesday, Jan. 12
"The Awful Truth"

To learn the location of a stolen NSA code-breaker, an undercover Sydney must convince a murderous arms dealer to fall in love with her. Meanwhile, Vaughn fears that Weiss might have been killed on a mission, and Sydney and Jack argue about telling Nadia the horrible truth about her mother, Irina.

from ABC.com

Last edited by Yellow Mustang Girl; 01-08-2005 at 09:10 PM
Yellow Mustang Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 10:24 PM
Elite Fan

It sounds so good!!!!

Do we know what Vaughn's job 'alias' is to Weiss now that he thinks Vaughn has quit?
Old 01-10-2005, 11:44 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly_mvpics
It sounds so good!!!!

Do we know what Vaughn's job 'alias' is to Weiss now that he thinks Vaughn has quit?
He'll be Sydney's "bank partner"...

Alex

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 02:41 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strifer
He'll be Sydney's "bank partner"...
Making a deposit or a withdrawal?
Alex, you're getting me going!

I'm looking forward to seeing Jack's reaction to Nadia's interest in killing the one responsible for murdering her mother.

Last edited by Kelly_mv; 01-11-2005 at 02:50 AM
Kelly_mv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 03:38 PM
Elite Fan

I saw a sneak peek 2 minute clip, and it looks to be an awesome episode w/ the whole gang working together. I cannot wait. I'm so glad this show is back. Im excited about TV again. Well ... more so.

kenny | credit
smoothaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 07:23 PM
Extreme Fan

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't that Driveshaft's song from Lost playing in the background at Sydney's party? I think the cross-promotion stuff is funny!
Old 01-12-2005, 08:06 PM
Loyal Fan

Thank god for this episode. After the premiere I was a LITTLE worried about the season, but I loved this ep! So cute. Yay for Weiss joining the team! <333 him. And ok, I hated Syd's sister before...this episode, actually liked her. I really liked the whole episode and just...sigh. Joy. So awesome. Jen is so cute! In the beginning with her laughing and stuff, she's so great.
Old 01-12-2005, 08:09 PM
Obsessed Fan

This was a good episode. I liked the ending, with the group of them, and Jack just watching...

~Kat
TheCheshireKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 08:11 PM
Obsessed Fan

Uh did anyone else almost have a heart attack when you thought Bishop was going to shoot Weiss in the head?? I freaked out.

What are they doing to Vaughn next week? Damnit to hell.
Dark Half Undine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 08:22 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Half Undine
What are they doing to Vaughn next week? Damnit to hell.
lmao exactly what I thought! I heard the eye comment and was like 'Nooooo!'
Old 01-12-2005, 08:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

What an awesome episode. I sooo know why I love this show!

Dark Half Undine I know-- I about freaked when I thought Bishop was going to shoot Weiss; then when he pulled the trigger, I thought maybe he had shot Weiss in the shoulder.

And Gah, yeah, the previews for next week have left me on edge...

TheCheshireKitten Yes, the ending was great - very poignant.... Jack watching from the outside, as usual.

fear x less Yep -- Opening scene was great! Totally agree that Jen is awesome.

Meredith44 Ohmigod! I didn't realize that the song was Driveshaft's

Love, the opening scene. Sydney and Marshall on a mission And loving' Vaughn's accent in that scene. And :lmoa: Ohmigod -- Dixon (as a Jamacian) and Vaughn fighting -- The music in that scene was awesome too -- anyone know what music that was?

Man to Syd: "What were you doing?
Syd: "Just breaking into your safe."

Weiss's birthday part -- awesome!

Jack to Syd: "I don't read e-vites" -- That certainly was not something I expected to come out of Jack's mouth

"How do you break into the house of a master theif?" "You don't. You have to be invited."

"Sometimes you need to drive fast" -- Sydney

And my GAness was with the balcony/sniper binocular scene with Sydney and Vaughn -- "It's like talking to my consious."

Weiss! Weiss!

"What the hell is going on -- you said you weren't agency" -- Weiss to Sydney

and to Vaughn -- "Dude, I knew it!"

And gotta love SpyDaddy -- "Sometimes a satisfying lie can do more than the awful truth"

And the previews for next week
Old 01-12-2005, 08:27 PM
Obsessed Fan

Ahh it made my day when Dixon was a Rasta!! I was like yay!!!!

And they played real Dancehall! That makes me so happy I was like yay to my Jamaican heritage. Even though they were in the Bahamas.
Dark Half Undine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 08:29 PM
Master Fan

So I guess they're not making APO an SD-6 Replica - looks like it deals with missions the same way as the usual CIA. Well. At least Sloane is back for briefings..

I might go mad if they continue insisting that Jack killed Irina. Did. not. happen. kthxbye. And Nadia's the only one avenging her, so yay Nadia. Heh. Jack is still OOC.

Quote:
but wasn't that Driveshaft's song from Lost playing in the background at Sydney's party?
LOL, was it?

random thoughts:

- APO brings in Weiss after he saw S&V. Which means it's not that strict, and I doubt they'll push it further than that.

- Since when did Vaughn get his balls back? *shrug* Hurrah for the Weiner.

- Would've liked to see the Syd/Nadia relationship evolve before they show us this unbreakable "must say the truth to sister" bond.

- Loved the Jack/Nadia scenes.

- Sloane inviting Nadia out to dinner? After what he's done to her last season? I like the fact that they're trying to eliminate everything that happened in the Unmentionable Season, but what happens to continuity, then?

- bring Sark. Sark! Soon!

It's amazing how much better S4 is compared to last year. Things almost actually make sense. Very very far from S2, of course, and I don't think I'll ever be able to get back into it like those days, but it's entertaining.

Althoooough..this was a Jesse Alexander ep. Kind of disappointed in him. He's written The Box eps from S1 and the very wonderful A Dark Turn, btw.
X-6_494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 08:39 PM
Elite Fan

I liked the episode

It was nice to see the whole team involved in the Bahama's...stealing the info from the bank.

Weiss' b-day party was nice. JJ promised us that we'll see more of Sydney "at home" in season4...and so far there has been several good scenes there. I'm liking the flirting between Nadia/Weiss...it's about time they gave Greg some more screen time. He's a pretty good actor IMO and his character is fairly "untapped"...leaving plenty of potential to be discovered. Jack coming over to talk to Sydney. I still don't believe that Irina is "dead" and that Jack did it. Something doesn't add up. Whatever it is, Sloane knows about it as well. Sydney is mean toward Jack once again. I can't stand that part of her...she should know better than that by now...that her father always has her best interest at heart and that the line "must be crossed" every so often. How many times has Sydney done questionable things without talking to Jack about them? More than once

Now that "everyone" is in one office...I can see how it's easier for new fans of the show to follow it. JJ's idea first seemed "crazy"...but it's starting to grow on me. I still want to see some accountability to the actual CIA director.

Phoenix and Shotgun, huh? Give me mountaineer and boyscout any day of the week instead

I don't get why Sydney didn't just kick the guy's butt and run before he received the phone call. I mean Vaughn told her to move. Is Sydney really "that stubborn" still? It's not like she can't trust Vaughn to tell her what to do. I realize it was necessary for the "plot line" to unfold...for her to be "captured"...but if there was a "weak point" in the episode...that was it. Under normal conditions Syd would have kicked the guy's butt and left the house.

I really liked the "evaluation" test that Jack did on Nadia. Why is it that I still don't trust her. I guess after Lauren last year, I'll always be suspicious of new female cast members It is my opinion that her and Sloane have everyone "played" somehow and it'll be revealed at the end of the season. BTW, when Nadia show the dude at the end...her eyes got all "evil"...I liked it

Nadia's comment about Jack "Is he always so cold"...total cheap shot by the new writers about Jack's character. You don't always have to be hugging everyone...plus if Nadia knew that Sydney is the one "giving" Jack the cold shoulder, maybe she wouldn't say such things. Can you tell who my favorite character is and that I will defend him no matter what

I was sure on the plane that Jack wasn't going to tell Nadia about this whole "murder" deal. I didn't think he would do what he did. He is truly the man with all the answers

It was nice to see Sydney's hate for Sloane is still there. I hope the writers don't just dismiss what Sloane has done to Syd and Dixon by just having them all talk like nothing has ever happened.

Throughout the episode I had a bad feeling that Weiss might get "killed off"...but I was like...come on...the man just had a B-Day...they wouldn't do that
Now that he knows the truth, I'm guessing he's going to join the crew at APO. It would make sense that he does. It would also bring him closer to Nadia...and we all know that Weiss deserves a little love after Vaughn getting all the action seasons 2-3.

Sydney still getting on my nerves. I can't say why, but so far she's been mostly annoying and needs to chill

I hope they address Sark in the near future. As much as I love to hate that guy for all the evil that he's done, the show could use a bad guy with a personality now that Sloane isn't a "possible bad guy" and that Irina is "dead".

So far, they haven't even said one thing about the covenant? Surely they will address it in upcoming episodes. Lauren's mother will seek revenge. I want to know why Katya Derevko isn't in CIA custody...b/c last time we saw her she was nicely tranquialized by Sydney...so it just made sense that they would take her in...esp. since she stabbed Vaughn and tried to kill Sydney. I still have no idea why? Gosh, I have like 100 questions still

I hope we see the "third sister" this season as well. It would be an interesting plot twist...esp. if Lena Olin doens't want to do the show ever again.

One last thing...I clapped when Marshall told Vaughn to "shut up"...I think that's the first time I've ever heard the dude stand up to anyone...

Alex

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 08:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Alex & X-6_494 Some good comments from both of you. (Though I don't agree with all )

I think one reason Syd didn't just kick Bishop's rear from the start was because it would be easier to attempt to leave another way, without alerting his guards. However, I think when Vaughn told her to get out, and she called for help -- that "uncle" comment, I think she did decide to "attack" - but then it was too late.