Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2005, 07:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

artist Yeah, you should be able to catch up. I figured tonight's episode would be geared toward garnering a new audience, and I think it has. If you have ANY questions, post them here. In fact, if you wanted to start an Alias Q & A thread you could
Old 01-05-2005, 07:55 PM
Elite Fan

I think we can all agree that the Opening Credits are awesome.

Will post about the episode ... when it's over.

kenny | credit
smoothaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 08:06 PM
Master Fan

thank god I was spoiled for the Jack "killing Irina" crappola. Or else I would've thrown the TV out the window.

But, hey. Now Irina's the good parent. And Sydney was grieving! *g*
X-6_494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 08:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

tonight's episode (In case that wasn't clear from my random, excited, spastic posts thus far )

Some of my favorite moments:
Vaughn dropped by Sydney's house ~ "I miss you. Can I come in?" Sydney's response: "If you come in, we both know what's going to happen --- we need to take it slow, Vaughn!"

Then, later he saves her life on the train, and when they return home, in bed

Okay, off of my GA-ness

I was tricked at the start of the show. I don't know why, guess it was because I waited 9 months and forgot how the show can trick you. However, I fell for that opening part where Sydney quit. And I was shocked that Vaughn, Sy, Jack, and Dixon were handpicked by Sloane.

I how the show started like the old ones, though, in the midst of action, that part ends with a cliffhanger, flashback to the previous time -- this time 72 hours previously, then show us how they all got there, etc.

I also loved Jennifer Garner's acting in this episode-- especially the scene where she was hanging from the train about to fall and die. The facial expressions were so realistic.

great use music in this episode

and at the following quote from Sydney : "Fake quitting seems to be all th rage."

gotta go back to Alias
Old 01-05-2005, 08:11 PM
Elite Fan

Ok, me loving this and agreeing with all your points!!!

Okay, let me be even more happy

MARSHALL!!!!!!!
[Edward & Bella] [Rob & Kristen] [Tyler & Ally] [Max & Liz] [Nathan & Haley] [Sawyer & Kate]
Dreamer 4 Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 08:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-6_494
thank god I was spoiled for the Jack "killing Irina" crappola. Or else I would've thrown the TV out the window.

But, hey. Now Irina's the good parent. And Sydney was grieving! *g*
Gah -- I am trying to update the spoiler thread, but do my best not to read them So I didn't know for sure if that rumor was true... I'm still hoping there will be some twist, as their often is, and he won't have killed her, but maybe pretended to kill her to keep the CIA and all off her tail... okay, I'm grasping at straws.

Anyway, back to the discussion: That scene was very touching. I kept screaming, what is the secret? What is the secret? Then we discover the file had evidence against Irina, had a request to have her killed, had info that Jack's request was granted, even that he had killed her

On a lighter note, I'm loving Marshall back. Earlier I posted, but where is Marshall. He's the greatest.

"The only guy we got left is Sark and that's because he is in custody. I visited him twice" -- that was a paraphrase of Marshall's comment to Weiss.

Old 01-05-2005, 08:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer 4 Ever
Ok, me loving this and agreeing with all your points!!!

Okay, let me be even more happy

MARSHALL!!!!!!!
I know:

I loved how Marshall was recruited for this black ops division, too. Now we just gotta get Weiss involved And I'm sure Sark will eventually make his appearance, too.

I had to laugh out loud at Marshall's comment "Sloane is here" Just the way Marshall drug out the pronouncement of Slooooaaane --

And his comment to Vaughn in the field, "Wait a minute, wait a minute. That would be bad"

And Marshall's comments about Dixon being a robot last year and then corrects himself with "no, you were just being authorative"

Realize I'm paraphrasing all these and if someone has the actual quotes, I'd love to see them!

And at Marshall's comment about Sydney, "Phoneix, you are hot, and I mean that in many ways"
Old 01-05-2005, 09:00 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Mustang Girl
Some of my favorite moments:
Vaughn dropped by Sydney's house ~ "I miss you. Can I come in?" Sydney's response: "If you come in, we both know what's going to happen --- we need to take it slow, Vaughn!"

Then, later he saves her life on the train, and when they return home, in bed
Carol - Hee. I love your points. Since I'm not getting s4 tonight I'm looking forward to those GA scenes that you mentioned. I'll wait for the clips at Alias Media.
Old 01-05-2005, 09:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Okay-- more comments about tonight's episode

I liked the similarities between this episode and the pilot, for example when Jack drives up in the car and tells Sydney to get in. His line cracked me up, too "You know what usually works in a situation like this -- a simple thank you."

Random thoughts/things I liked:

Vaughn looked good for that brief shot we had of him in Rio de Janerio (sp) in his cut off flannel shirt

and Marshall's expression at the jail cell -- he just looked sick. Great acting!

And I had to laugh at Jack's comment to Sydney -- "This is the best conversation we've had in weeks" when they were saying absolutely nothing!

Tranquilizer lips -- that's a first

And Irina Derevko is the one who put a hit on Sydney's life - that would explain why Jack had her executed...

Some very touching scenes -- Sydney to Jack -- "You killed Mom to sae me?" and crying scene in the subway tunnel with Sydney and Jack.

my hopes for Irina being alive are dashed -- Syd admitted to having found and identifying her mother and even took Nadia to the masoleum. I forsee problems between Syd and Nadia with Nadia swearing to find the person responsible for their mother's death and killing him.

And WEISS!!!! "Syd, you working at a bank. Since you quit the spy business, you've become a bore" And "I've got to go save the world." and his introduction to Nadia "Hi. I'm Eric. Single 38"

I still have so many questions -- Sloane asked Jack if he told Sydney the truth concerning the death of her mother. What is the truth? That he saved her by killing her mother?

Carol
Old 01-05-2005, 09:05 PM
Extreme Fan

I shouldn't be in here, I shouldn't be in here *covers eyes, skims, covers eyes* Stupid PST! I still have about an hour to go until the season premiere.
I am beginning to know what it feels like to be a woman. To have people looking at you all the time. And I’m sorry ladies, I had no idea! But people are looking at me all the time. Its like i have musical boobies! ~ John Mayer
dorksrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 09:05 PM
Master Fan

gfdjkfasj;!!!! the show was GREAT!!!! no words can express the joy i felt when they recruited Marshall halfway through, I was screaming soooo loud. LOVE MARSHALL!!! and man...but nothing can compare to the team being reunited again and the look on Syd's face when she saw everyone again it was priceless!!
but now the big thing is going to be Nadia's mission to find out who killed Irina that's gonna blow up bigtime when the time comes!
I was not disappointed at all, I knew it was going to be awesome, I can't believe we actually waited since MAY for new episodes! that was entirely too long!
Old 01-05-2005, 09:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

abby You don't have S4 yet? Where are you located? Anyway, pop in the GA thread

dorksrock Wow, you guys still haven't seen the show yet? It started at 8 pm Central Time here. Can't wait to read your reactions once you do get to see the show.

CrabbyCancer Yes, yes I was so excited when they recruited Marshall, too. And, yep, I agree, Nadia wanting to avenge her mother's death will become a problem.
Old 01-05-2005, 09:15 PM
Elite Fan

WOOOOOO HOOOOOO!! The good ol' Alias is back! What a fantastic ep. I didn't want it to end.
  • I actually miss the old credits. I thought the mystery of nothing shown but light effects added to the show.
  • So much is like how it used to be and what used to make it great. They really have it on track again and I hope they keep it that way.
  • Did anyone else think that Vaughn's line to Weiss- "'cause last year sucked" was an inside joke about last season?
  • Nice touch of having Syd's Alias working at a bank again
  • Nice to hear one my favorite U2 songs in it.
  • When Marshall was captured and brought in to APO- "Am I dead?" !
  • I loved that we saw them on normal cases again and not anything to do with Rambaldi
  • Nice to have a great cliffhanger at the end. Can't wait for next week!!!
  • Irina can always still be alive. I actually don't buy that she wasnt smart enough to outsmart Jack. She's probably in hiding and ready for Lena to get some sense smacked into her to play the character again
Old 01-05-2005, 09:22 PM
Extreme Fan

From what I've read/skimmed through, I'm definitely looking forward to the show, especially the Syd/Vaughn scenes.

Quote:
dorksrock Wow, you guys still haven't seen the show yet? It started at 8 pm Central Time here. Can't wait to read your reactions once you do get to see the show.
Nope, it starts at 9 and it's 8:23 here. By the way, you can just call me Alyssa.
I am beginning to know what it feels like to be a woman. To have people looking at you all the time. And I’m sorry ladies, I had no idea! But people are looking at me all the time. Its like i have musical boobies! ~ John Mayer
dorksrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 09:23 PM
Elite Fan

GREAT EPISODE.

I agree w/ basically everything Carol was typing out.

I think the show is just in a great direction. I love how the show keeps re-writing the rules. It's so authentic, and ever-changing.

I love that Syd's alias to Weiss is that she works in a bank, Very nice!

The whole episode was spectacular! I am hooked ... cannot wait for the rest of the season.

Richard from Felicity ... in the first few minutes, nice touch!!!!!!! And Angela Basset, wow, with the high-profile guest stars.

Marshall had eggs w. Sark. Someone needs to start up a Marshall/Sark thread, lol.

Again ... great episode and Wednesdays have become MUST-SEE-TV!!!!!!!!

kenny | credit
smoothaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread