Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2004, 08:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Em, I know. It's a blast looking for the reoccurrence of 47! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I knew I'd seen it in several episodes, so I thought about starting this thread. Then someone mentioned it was in every episode. That suprised me. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

But, I've been looking, as noted above, and thus far, I've found it. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Tesseract, you're right. I think I mentioned something about it earlier...actually, I may not have. I should have. Page 47 is the biggest example of the number 47. It was the prophecy; you're right. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Carol
Old 03-16-2004, 07:18 PM
Extreme Fan

The frequent recurrence and importance of 47 is one of the reasons I love Alias! It has been pretty obvious on some eps, but I must admit lots of times I don't notice it.

I thought it was funny that the current issue of ESPN the Magazine mentions that A-Rod was selected to the Silver Slugger team. 47 is the atomic number for silver and the number of home runs he hit last year. And, in 1947, the Yankees won the World Series, taking four out of seven games. Maybe Rambaldi had something to do with the A-Rod signing! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[ 03-16-2004: Message edited BooRadley ]
Old 03-16-2004, 08:41 PM
Supreme Fan

Here's that website...http://sd-6.com/

If you go to each of the episode descriptions, off to the right hand side, you'll see where it says "47" and will say if any were mentioned in that particular episode. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

"In my life, there is only one person..." - Vaughn
Old 03-17-2004, 10:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Quote:
Originally posted by BooRadley:
<STRONG>The frequent recurrence and importance of 47 is one of the reasons I love Alias! It has been pretty obvious on some eps, but I must admit lots of times I don't notice it.

I thought it was funny that the current issue of ESPN the Magazine mentions that A-Rod was selected to the Silver Slugger team. 47 is the atomic number for silver and the number of home runs he hit last year. And, in 1947, the Yankees won the World Series, taking four out of seven games. Maybe Rambaldi had something to do with the A-Rod signing! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[ 03-16-2004: Message edited BooRadley ]</STRONG>
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] We're not obsessed are we?

It Was You , I'll have to check out that website.
Old 03-23-2004, 11:35 AM
New Fan

I found this forum by chance and decided to leave you guys this guide for you to check every references to the number 47 to date. On the notes section of every episode preceded by, naturally, The number 47.

[ 03-23-2004: Message edited Murdok ]
Old 03-23-2004, 01:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Thanks.

There are a few websites that do discuss 47 in the episdoes, but they haven't found many of the 47 references. I can't wait to see if we can find more than those websites. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Quote:
Originally posted by Murdok:
<STRONG>I found this forum by chance and decided to leave you guys this guide for you to check every references to the number 47 to date. On the notes section of every episode preceded by, naturally, The number 47.

[ 03-23-2004: Message edited Murdok ]</STRONG>
Old 03-23-2004, 01:17 PM
New Fan

Yellow Mustang Girl, you're welcome!

You can either check them episode by episode, or see the whole list on this thread of the forum of the guide. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ 03-23-2004: Message edited Murdok ]
Old 03-23-2004, 02:56 PM
Master Fan

they use 74 sometime in Taken..I can't remember when..but I looked at my mom and I was like..haha 47 backwards..
Arrow #8
Old 03-24-2004, 07:27 PM
New Fan

OoOoh okay i got one!!
That Jim Lennox thing in Double Agent has been driving me crazy for months now..ever since i got the DVDs. [img]smilies/spineyes.gif[/img]
Well Jim was being help in Room 47 like you said and so was Sydney in Season 3. Sure sure it could be a coincidence that the number keeps on poping up but there are some very big similarities with the environment..like the HANGING PLASTIC in both cases. Jim was being tortured in that room too (remember the photo acid) so it made me think maybe Syd was cloned like he was. Wouldnt that have made a great shocker? that it was a cloned Sydney all along? (well its not gonna happen but it was my theory for the first couple of episodes...i dont do spoilers i swear)

"Luckily I've made quite a name for myself in the hacker community...BLACK KITTY"
~Marshall
Old 03-24-2004, 07:54 PM
Elite Fan

I noticed that in last night's episode there was no mention of 47, but there was a Rambaldi artifact in Case 45 that Sark wanted. Syd passed by Case 47 but you couldn't see much of what was inside it.

[img]smilies/love.gif[/img]Nikki [img]smilies/sun.gif[/img]
Old 03-28-2004, 02:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Great ideas and examples. I didn't catch any 47 in last week's episode either, but did notice the case 47. Can't wait till tonight.
Old 03-30-2004, 10:45 AM
New Fan

No 47 references last ep that I noticed... But I did find one when re-watching A Free Agent: During the briefing at the CIA, Jack displays an ID card of Neil Caplan that expires in (20)07-14-04. (14-04-07).

[ 03-30-2004: Message edited Murdok ]
Old 03-30-2004, 03:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Quote:
Originally posted by Murdok:
<STRONG>No 47 references last ep that I noticed... But I did find one when re-watching A Free Agent: During the briefing at the CIA, Jack displays an ID card of Neil Caplan that expires in (20)07-14-04. (14-04-07).

[ 03-30-2004: Message edited Murdok ]</STRONG>
[img]smilies/pinkie.gif[/img] I hadn't noticed that one! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 04-01-2004, 09:29 PM
Elite Fan

In the episode before "Taken" (the one with the guy from "The Office" - the number sequence for the phone thing was a bunch of numbers and 47" was in it in a row.
Old 04-02-2004, 11:42 AM
Total Fan

I am soooo glad I found this area. I love Alias, and I am glad to know that I am not the only completely neurotic person with this whole 47 thing.

Ah, I feel sanity returning!