Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2011, 06:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

I was so lost Amor Vincit Omnia its been so long!
But I will hold as long as you like
Just promise me we'll be all right
Jacob & Liz
Old 07-29-2011, 04:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

i miss fan fics like this....
Old 08-03-2011, 02:56 AM
Master Fan

I've rewatched all the three films.I'm a bit sad for how things ended with him to be honest... such a bad ending, I know that I would have been even more depressed if he died for real,but only one day on the earth every ten years isn't really great. =/

I didn't even bother trying to watch the fourth film,I don't think Pirates of the Carabbean would ever be the same without him and Keira.Is there any chance they'll be again on the set maybe in the future?

Icon
Old 08-03-2011, 07:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

bb the curse is broken, he was away for 10 years and then when he comes back in the after credits scene he is there to stay. The writers confirmed it back when the movie came out So while its not ideal and tragic, it does have a happy ending like every Disney movie should! Curse is broken!!

and yeah, I dont think I could enjoy them without them. They have scheduled 2 more movies, id love if they could have a cameo at least!
Jacob & Liz
Old 08-04-2011, 02:26 AM
Master Fan

OMG...Really? So,he's there to stay? But why the curse was broken?
When I was at the cinema I thought that was the day and that after it he should have gone back on the flying dutchman!
This is really a HUGE relief indeed. Thank you I've been disappointed for years because of his ending

Icon
Old 08-04-2011, 06:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

The curse is broken because Elizabeth was a faithful love, she was there waiting for him. Davy Jones is pissed off because he sailed for 10 years and when he went to his one day on land, Calypso wasn't there. So he cut out his heart and corrupted his purpose and became all fishy.

Will, on the other hand, did the duty and had a faithful love so the curse was broken and he could stay home. They got the idea from an Opera of the same name where if he finds a true love the curse is broken. That's why Will says "depends on the one day" because if in that one day you find a true love, you can stay.

The writers admitted it should have been more clear, but it is broken Also a big indicator is when he comes back, there is a flash of green, meaning a soul has been restored. And also, he comes back at sunset, had it been for the day he would have come at sunrise.
Jacob & Liz
Old 08-05-2011, 12:15 PM
Master Fan

OMG Thank you for your explanations It means so much to me

Icon
Old 08-05-2011, 12:48 PM
Extreme Fan

Thanks for explaination Chris! I thought will sholud get back again! Thanks God he stays with his Family!
Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong. That is your oath.
Old 08-05-2011, 07:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zefiro (View Post)
OMG Thank you for your explanations It means so much to me
you are so welcome!! I remember back in the day we were all spreading the word cause not all were clear on it, it really is a much better ending when you know its broken, its bittersweet at the 10 years but happier in the end!

No problem Sepi!
Jacob & Liz
Old 08-06-2011, 03:19 AM
Master Fan

Since you're so well informed I wanted to ask you also something else.
In the second film,Elizabeth compass pointed at Jack twice.I've never thought she was really attracted to him,and the second time the compass pointed at him if I'm not mistaken it was actually misleading.I mean if I'm not wrong few minutes later you can see William coming from that direction.But the first time? Why does the compass point to Jack? I've always thought it was due to the fact she had to ask Jack where the hell he send Will,but I'm not sure

Icon
Old 08-06-2011, 07:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

chris- and i remember how we had to fend off people who didn't believed it
Old 08-07-2011, 08:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zefiro (View Post)
Since you're so well informed I wanted to ask you also something else.
In the second film,Elizabeth compass pointed at Jack twice.I've never thought she was really attracted to him,and the second time the compass pointed at him if I'm not mistaken it was actually misleading.I mean if I'm not wrong few minutes later you can see William coming from that direction.But the first time? Why does the compass point to Jack? I've always thought it was due to the fact she had to ask Jack where the hell he send Will,but I'm not sure
The first time, it's really up into interpretation. The thing is though, Jack was holding the letters and he had put them in his pocket. It could be that she wanted the letters most but that she was conflicted and then doubted herself when it pointed to him. It also is a fleeting desire that the compass points too, the the true heart, (this interpretation of the compass came from some overzealous shippers). But in my opinion it was more than likely the letters that she really wanted, just that she was having doubts then, especially because she did desire what Jack represented, which was freedom. She always had that desire, the thing is Will respected that and wanted it as well.

The second time is interesting. It does point in the direction where Will comes up, and also through triangulation, it does point to the chest. It is Elizabeth doubting though. But I think by the end, the decision is quite clear as to where her heart lies, some people just didnt want to see it.
Jacob & Liz
Old 08-07-2011, 08:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

chris is always the voice of reason for this...
Old 08-07-2011, 10:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

aww or I spent way too much time analyzing this stuff, but that's a nasty habit of mine
Jacob & Liz
Old 08-08-2011, 02:49 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
But in my opinion it was more than likely the letters that she really wanted, just that she was having doubts then, especially because she did desire what Jack represented, which was freedom. She always had that desire, the thing is Will respected that and wanted it as well.
I forgot about the letters but I remember clearly that the first time the compass was pointing at Jack right after Norrington told her she shouldn't trust Jack's words about Will.

Icon