Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2011, 07:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

I love him still doing so much for Unicef!!!!!!
But I will hold as long as you like
Just promise me we'll be all right
Jacob & Liz
Old 09-24-2011, 04:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

yes! i hope he continues helping
Old 10-02-2011, 06:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Here's some info on possible projects

Quote:
Once The Three Musketeers has hit cinemas and Bloom has finished on The Hobbit in New Zealand, he will return to London to film The Mandrake Experiment from screenwriter JS Hill, and will then shoot a Roger Donaldson movie called Cities with Clive Owen
Im interested in more info about The Mandrake Experiment, I can't find much!!

this info is from a scanned article on OL
http://orlandolove.net/orlandolove/s...&postcount=910
Jacob & Liz
Old 10-03-2011, 02:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

thanks for the update Chris
Old 10-03-2011, 03:33 AM
Moderator Manager

Thanks for the latest! I can't wait to hear more about both films.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 10-03-2011, 02:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

no problem!!
Jacob & Liz
Old 10-05-2011, 04:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hopefully we will get more concrete updates. Saw him at E! News last night in the 3 M premiere
Old 10-08-2011, 05:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
'I could talk about Miranda all day'

Lisa Marks
National Features
October 08, 2011

HOLLYWOOD star Orlando Bloom reveals how fatherhood and the love of a good woman made him a better man.

Being a famous actor definitely has its perks. Being a famous actor married to one of the most beautiful women in the world, who demands a six-figure salary? Well, that might have more perks than most.

Sadly, deflecting germs isn’t one of them, and today Orlando Bloom is sipping a hot lemon drink after catching a cold.

Before dropping into an armchair, he closes the window and adjusts his scarf. “I’m sorry I can’t shake your hand,” he says politely. “I don’t want to spread the germs.”

Now, let’s be clear. He might be sick, but he’s still Orlando Bloom. There’s no red nose, no snot, no sniffing. His eyes are bright, his complexion is glowing. Wearing a dark grey shirt, black jeans and black trainers, he looks the picture of health. Typical.

Apart from the odd cold, it’s fair to say the past 12 months have been pretty darn good for the 34-year-old British actor.

In July 2010 he married Aussie supermodel Miranda Kerr. Six months later, he became a father for the first time, when their son, Flynn, was born. He’s also scored a few more of those well-paying movie roles along the way.

Bloom knows he’s riding a high wave and, best of all, he actually seems to appreciate it.

“I’m the luckiest man alive,” he says, smiling broadly. “Miranda is an amazing woman and Flynn’s the greatest.”

An attentive dad, Bloom says he’s more than happy to take on all the parenting duties when his wife’s at work. He changes nappies, does the feeds and runs errands around LA with Flynn strapped firmly to his chest.

“I haven’t spent more than five days apart from him since he was born,” says the actor. “He’s a real cool cucumber, and he laughs more than he cries. He definitely has a lot of his mother’s nature in that respect.”

When sunday magazine catches up with Kerr, she’s more than happy to back up her husband’s show of good fatherhood. “Orlando is so hands-on as a daddy,” she says. “He loves to do everything with Flynn.”

The famous couple has managed to spend almost all of their son’s first six months together, which is no mean feat as Kerr is back on modelling duty and Bloom has been working on a full slate of movies.

He shot his latest release, The Three Musketeers, in Germany last year.

“In a way, it’s tough being a nuclear family right now,” he says, referring to the amount of travelling he does for his job. “But we’re learning. We try to do the thing whereby Flynn is always with one of us for an extended period of time. Miranda can’t be away from him for too long because she’s breastfeeding, but she still has her work days. We try to juggle it so when I’m working, she’s with Flynn, and when she’s working, I’m with him. That’s as good as it can get. But we’re very fortunate - he’s such a chilled baby, it’s all working out.”

Reaching for another sip of lemon remedy, Bloom says fatherhood has taught him a lot.

“For obvious reasons, time is more precious. I’m lucky to be in a position where I can choose what roles to play. I don’t want to leave my family unless it’s something I’m excited about.”

The actor, who’s often seen whizzing around LA on one of his many motorbikes, admits he’s also had to grow up a bit. “I’m still pretty impulsive in some ways, but more conscious of my health and safety. I want to be around to be a big part of Flynn’s life. Bike rides are more thought out, shall we say - but you’ve still got to live, right?”

Despite the revhead in him, Bloom is very Zen, extolling the benefits of Buddhism and daily meditation. Kerr has often talked about her love of yoga and meditation, too, so is it a case of ‘the couple that chants together is perfectly in balance’?

Bloom laughs. “I’ve been meditating since the age of 17,” he says. “I was young when I was introduced to Buddhism by a friend, and it’s been a great influence in my life.”

Originally from Kent, in the south of England, Bloom makes the most of everything the sunny Californian climate has to offer. He hikes, plays tennis, surfs, mountain-bikes, skis and snowboards (“People dismiss Hollywood, but you can do all these amazing things here”), and he eats well.

“I believe you are what you eat,” he says. “For me, diet is key to your health.”

Bloom says his lifestyle keeps him grounded, which is just as well. He landed his first major role at 21, as Legolas in The Lord of the Rings trilogy, just two days out of drama school.

After his swashbuckling turn as Will Turner in the first three Pirates of the Caribbean movies, he’s wielding a sword again in The Three Musketeers, this time as the bad guy. Under the guidance of director Paul W S Anderson (who jokes Bloom made a “pretty good decision” marrying Kerr), Bloom’s colourful Duke of Buckingham is pure theatre.

“Buckingham is a bit like a petulant child, but he also has a lot of humour. He’s the king’s favourite, so he has the power to pull a sword and behave as he pleases,” Bloom explains. “He has all the spoils that come with stature, so we see him arriving in a giant airship, which was really fun - even though it was 100 years too early for airships.”

He laughs at the historical discrepancy, before adding, “You have to remember this is modern retelling of a classic.” Another noticeable aspect of the movie is Bloom’s rather impressive pompadour, which, believe it or not, is all his own.

“I didn’t like the idea of wearing a wig, but I wanted to have a hairstyle that would lend itself to the period. I love Teddy Boys [the British ’50s subculture inspired by the Edwardian period], so that’s where the quiff came from. My hair was brushed up and sprayed,” he explains, revealing that David Bowie was another source of inspiration.

“Paul wanted us to play the characters as rockstars of our generation, and mine was Bowie. Buckingham has the swagger of Ziggy Stardust and wears outrageous costumes. In my opinion, you have to own those costumes, otherwise they wear you – and then you run the risk of looking like a big tomato.”

The next big thing on Bloom’s agenda sees him teaming up again with LOTR director Peter Jackson for The Hobbit.

Bloom has a soft spot for the prequel to the LOTR series. “I like the thinking behind The Hobbit; that it’s often the smallest and most unpredictable of us that can go the furthest distance given the opportunity.”

Despite that philosophy, he admits his own success as a youngster was tough to handle.

“It was completely overwhelming at times,” he says. “I was just a kid and, all of a sudden, I was in two of the biggest franchises ever made. I’m more at peace with everything now, and excited about what’s coming up.”

Today, that includes a brief Sydney stop on his way to New Zealand to shoot The Hobbit. Mindful of the fact he’s married to one of Australia’s most beloved locals, he says he considers the country a second home.

“I love Australia. The people are cool, because they say it like it is. The guys are real guys; there’s no nonsense.” At this, Orlando’s voice inflects upwards, and when he’s called out on his Aussie accent, he laughs. “I love it, it’s a great country.”

He should. He certainly gets to spend time with the best of it. Clearly madly in love with his wife, whom he met in 2007 and pursued until she agreed to date him, he’s very open about how she’s changed his life.

“I could talk about Miranda all day,” he smiles. “I’ve become more myself since I’ve been with her. We travel a lot and we’re together a lot, especially now we have Flynn. I think relationships can teach you more about yourself. And when we’re together, it’s just fantastic.”

The Three Musketeers is in cinemas October 20.

source: dailytelegraph.com.au
Old 10-08-2011, 07:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

thanks Gill!! so sweet such a good daddy!!
Jacob & Liz
Old 10-08-2011, 07:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm glad he has become a better person when he had Miranda and Flynn
Old 10-09-2011, 05:27 PM
Ultimate Fan

Oh he just makes me melt
>--#413--->
"In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit..."
Old 10-09-2011, 07:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think he always had it in him definitely, but having the family has matured him. he's such a gem
Jacob & Liz
Old 10-10-2011, 03:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

gotta love a man who is so dedicated to his family
Old 10-10-2011, 04:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Always!!

Vid here, he talks about 3M but also about the Hobbit!
Orlando Bloom Talks About The Three Musketeers | Shockya.com

and he'll be on Regis and Kelly on 10/21!
Jacob & Liz
Old 10-11-2011, 01:46 AM
Moderator Manager

Can't wait to see him on R&K and that interview of him is hilarious and so fun. I love it when he smiles.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.