Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2011, 04:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

aww I think the movie was Albert Nobbs, which is sad but his son is more important love what he said.

Thanks Gill!
But I will hold as long as you like
Just promise me we'll be all right
Jacob & Liz
Old 08-15-2011, 04:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

yes! family first!
Old 08-15-2011, 03:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

I love that he's like that too! And it could have been a great movie and its already out at the festivals!! But definitely love his priorities
Jacob & Liz
Old 08-16-2011, 06:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

gotta love him more because of that
Old 08-16-2011, 07:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

yes definitely all the more!!!
Jacob & Liz
Old 08-17-2011, 03:52 AM
Moderator Manager

What a great speech! Thanks for posting!

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 08-18-2011, 09:29 AM
Elite Fan

I'm still annoyed that if my ceremony had been the day before I would have been there when he received his honorary degree.

Vicky
Old 08-31-2011, 04:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

from Men's Health! too bad he was badly photoshopped,,would have been better if they presented him in his natural look

Old 08-31-2011, 07:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

OMG photoshop fail!!! Love the one of him getting his hair wet though!!!
Jacob & Liz
Old 09-01-2011, 01:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

yes! i was ready to squee and all but when i clicked it...i just want to smack the person who airbrushed the pics
Old 09-05-2011, 05:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

interview from German Rolling Stone, translation courtesy of the lovely Beriwan of OL

Quote:
"I give a f*uuuuck!" - An interview with Orlando Bloom
Good looking - that's something Orlando Bloom can do extraordinarily well in funny costumes, this time as the vain Duke in "The Three Musketeers".

He's not defiant. He's also got good manners. The whole world wants him. Is he Hollywood's Star-Prototype 2011? From 1 September 2011 anyway, he can be admired at the cinemas again.

In front of the lift in the Four Season's Hotel girls and boys linger, keeping their cell-phones handy.Orlando Bloom could be in this lift, and if so, the photo has to be shot for Twitter really quick. You can score very high with photos of Orlando. He is as sought after as the vampire Robert Pattinson perhaps. Or the pirate Johnny Depp. Just of that guard who can't just walk into the next Starbuck's with a bag over his head.

Orlando is sitting 15 stories higher and has to work. Two, three dozens of people from around the world are waiting for him, because the whole world seems to wait for him. It's about "The Three Musketeers", and he's giving one interview after the other. For hours, days - maybe for weeks. The interest is overwhelming. He is going to be asked what it feels like shooting with Christoph Waltz (Waltz plays Cardinal Richelieu). And what it is like to play with Milla Jovovich (she is Milady, the vicious seducer). He is going to get asked for his supermodel/Victoria's Secret wife Miranda Kerr and the baby. What it is like as a young family. That's what the people are interested in - worldwide.

Before the interview we get politely asked not to confront him with just this. Because: Everybody wants to talk about that. Okay. So, in those 20 minutes we rather try to find out whether the actor on the silken sofa might be the fitting prototype of the modern star of 2011.

The manners-check. Orlando Bloom gets up if someone enters the room. He asks where you like to sit. He puts away used coffee-cups. Hi, how are you? How was your day so far? Got up early? Yes, he knows all this too well. Making phone-calls with Europe and so. Orlando's look: He's wearing a crumpled pullover, dark jeans. Barely a beard, iPhone at hand. He yawns - from time to time. Well, not really impolite. He correctly covers his mouth with his hand. He looks interested but not agitated. Bloom is part of the professional league. He is a blockbuster-face, not a milksop anymore, who just begins. He works through routine with nonchalance.

Orlando gets quite close to the main-character from the series "Entourage", Vincent Chase. (Chase is an actor who makes career in Hollywood and has to deal with catastrophes, defeats, narcissism and his entourage helps him with that) Bloom has got the same aura like the character Chase: the mixture of little boredom and politeness. Being modest if it's needed. Not easy. We won't inquire after his supermodel-wife and the baby. We want to talk about Orlando's entourage - in Hollywood an important part of the career-life.

Have you got an entourage which always accompanies you?

No. I don't have anything of that kind. I've got real friends.

Your new movie "The Three Musketeers" deals with cohesion between men.

I think it is a great statement for man-to-man friendships. You can learn something from that.

But Orlando isn't a Musketeer, but the Duke of Buckingham, opponent of the musketeers. In previous adaptions, this character had not played a big part. It wasn't pivotal in the story. Hollywood-youngsters always want to play a Musketeer. Kiefer Sutherland played Athos. Charlie Sheen Aramis. The Musketeers 2011 are also quite dashing, but director Paul W. Anderson contrived something very special for Orlando. To fight and to fence is for the others. Orlando just appears. As the Duke of Buckingham.

Bloom plays a rich, well-dressed, mean swank - on the border to an a'sshole. He flirts with all queens of Europe, he is not a representative of the good cause. The Duke owns an airship, brags about it terribly and continuously criticizes other people, also the King, for their oldish wardrobe. Orlando likes to talk about this role. Because the Duke has to impress differently than to fall backwards off of Notre Dame, fencing.

Who is the Duke, what does he have to say?

He is a rock star, a childish guy. For him, everything is about the airship, he regularly shows up with. Everybody envies him for that ship. In the movie, it appears as though he always pops up with a new Ferrari. Airships haven't been invented back then. But Paul Anderson realized how well such an airship suits me. The Duke just comes along and appears. I just have to pose. That's sensational.

Your clothes are the hottest, b'itchier than Milla Jovovich's dresses even.

My costumes are the best. My favourite costume is that black overall. It fits like a glove. I don't want to give it back. I love eccentric clothes like that of the Duke. During the shoot I ran around like that for 24 hours. I didn't want to wear anything else than that.

Why?

His outfits say "I give a f'uuuck".

Orlando says the word "f'uuuuck" very slowly. And he breathes it. He doesn't want to distinguish himself as a rebel. That's out in Hollywood, the times call for other types. For 3D-blockbusters, girls and boys are needed who are able to pose. Johnny Depp can pose. Leonardo DiCaprio as well. But Orlando can do that better. He has got that from London's theatre stages. For a movie like "The Three Musketeers" in 3D with all that technical stuff and innovative weapons which have to skilfully be handled, a poser is badly needed.

Paul Anderson must have seen which effect Bloom has got in a costume. Orlando belongs to the guys whose career-highlights can best be told based on his costumes. The waisted jacket and the hat of the late 19th century which he wore as the attractive rentboy in "Wilde", the adaption of Oscar Wilde's biography, suited Bloom exceptionally well. In "The Lord of the Rings", Orlando's breakthrough in Hollywood, Peter Jackson made up a blonde wig for Orlando which he wore impeccably along with the pointy ears.

His look in "Pirates of the Caribbean" - with a goatie and bandana - suited him magnificently and was so natural. If you had come across him like that on an Ibiza beach nobody would have been very surprised.

You have to be a little vain to satisfy costume-roles because then you always also compete with your clothing. The Duke in this movie conveniently is a narcissist unparalleled. Orlando admits that in the beginning of his career he had been a bit too much in love with himself perhaps as well.

Did you - for a while - think of yourself as superhumanly beautiful? And great?

In the past, there was a time in which I was guilty of not having been able to laugh about myself. But that's over now.

The proof: In Ricky Gervais series "Extras" you play yourself. You play Orlando Bloom who is overwhelmed with all the offers. Only one girl doesn't think he's great at all. That drives Orlando Bloom insane and he tries to convince the girl by all means. He even shows her his placement in the "Sexiest Man Alive"-List...

Yes, thats crazy, isn't it? My biggest idol in this respect definitely is Johnny Depp. He knows exactly how self-mockery works.

That thing about the list is correct, by the way. Orlando has got a placement on hundreds of those "Sexiest Man Alive" lists. He is always listed close to Leonard or Johnny. He doesn't decline. The course of his degree of respect is solid. Just like he is. He does not suddenly turn into an Anti-type. He feels comfortable everywhere, he says. And when he's shooting the Musketeers in Bavaria, he thinks Sauerkraut and the beer are delicious. He is proficient in the art of assimilating to the world he is currently a part of. Orlando will take it far - even though Orlando now yawns really often.

His day is long. The talks continue. Shortly, someone else will come, who will ask him after his wife and baby. It never stops. The world is so big, everyone wants to know those things from him. Always the wife, always the baby. He is infrequently asked for his work for UNICEF. Therefore, he just rattles on. He talks about places in this world, where children are send out for walks for days to get water, although the strain mostly was in vain because the water is contaminated and makes everyone sick. Orlando is bewildered about this. It is as though he tells this story to himself and not to somebody else. He's doing this very well. There's just the costume
Jacob & Liz
Old 09-21-2011, 02:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Orlando's Movies in the Chicago International Film Festival

The Good Doctor and The Three Musketeers will be shown at Chicago Film Festival this October!
The Good Doctor will be screened on October 16th, at 4.30 PM and and The Three Musketeers will have a special presentation the same day at 5 PM.

Orlando is still in NZ:

Last edited by **marae13**; 09-21-2011 at 02:47 AM
Old 09-22-2011, 06:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

more news:

Quote:
Orlando will attend the London premiere of The Three Muskteteers on October 4th!!
PSA for Global Green, with the appeal of celebrities, including Orlando.

"Climate change is causing ice to melt and sea levels to rise, threatening billions of people along with world's coastlines, including 150 million Americans. We asked friends of Global Green USA, including Mark Ruffalo, Adrian Grenier, Orlando Bloom, Serena Williams, Ed O'Neill, James Cameron, Suzy Amis, Nia Vardalos, Kyra Sedgwick, Kevin Bacon, Mark McGrath, Ed Begley Jr., Esai Morales, and Billy Morrison, to help us spread the word with this public service announcement (PSA). We are all urging you to join us in taking individual actions to fight climate change and demand that our leaders invest in green technologies and green jobs now. Join us in fighting climate change today"

watch the video here
Old 09-22-2011, 06:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Im so glad he'll go the london premiere!!!!

Thanks for the vid Gill!! Nice to see!! Great PSA and I loved that he wrapped it up! His voice And MARK!!!!! yes Im fangirling for them
Jacob & Liz
Old 09-23-2011, 02:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

yes i loved how he ended the video!