Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-27-2005, 09:52 PM
Absolute Fan

I get to see this again on the big screen!

It's finally going to be at the $1 theater this weekend!
Love Psych and fanfic? Check out Psychfic. It has the best fan fiction I have ever read.
Old 07-28-2005, 05:54 AM
Supreme Fan

5 months after the theatrical release isn't too soon. We got the Troy dvd in October last year and dvd releases do seem to be getting closer and closer to the theatrical release.
While it definately didn't as well as expected i don't think you can call a ww gross of $210 million a complete failure.

Here is all the dvd information i've been able to find.

The DVD comes out on Oct 11th in the US, Oct 3rd in the UK, Oct 12th in Aus and on Oct 7th in Japan.

From Digital Bits

Quote:
(LATE UPDATE - 7/25/05 - 5:15 PM PDT)

We've gotten official word from 20th Century Fox that Ridley Scott's Kingdom of Heaven will street on 10/11, we as predicted in The Rumor Mill a few weeks ago. The 2-disc set (SRP $29.98) will include the film in anamorphic widescreen video (a separate full frame version will also be available), along with Dolby Digital 5.1 audio. Extras will include an "interactive production grid" that lets you experience the production process from the perspective of the director, the cast or the crew. Also included will be a text commentary with historical and production notes, several behind-the-scenes featurettes and more (additional features are TBA). The following information isn't official, but industry sources have informed us that a more elaborate 4-disc DVD release MAY follow in 2006, likely featuring an extended version of the film which was extensively cut for its initial theatrical release. Take that as Rumor Mill worthy until we tell you otherwise. We expect to have cover art and additional details on the 2-disc release in the next few weeks.

Stay tuned...

Bill Hunt, Editor
The Digital Bits
billhunt@thedigitalbits.com
The cover for the Japanese version

I hope this is the cover for all versions because i like it more than the theatrical poster.

The special features for the Japanese version.

Quote:
1 MAKING
2 HBO FIRST LOOK
3 LICENCE FOOTAGE
4 INTERNET FEATURETTES
5 ORLAND BLOOM VISIT REEL
6 TRAILERS
7 TV SPOTS

There will be a text commentary in first disc. (Directly translated from Japanese, I think it might be audio documentary or someone narrates)
Old 07-28-2005, 01:35 PM
Master Fan

I love the theatrical poster, personally.
Old 07-28-2005, 08:00 PM
Supreme Fan

Which one? This one or this one?

I can handle the first one but i really don't like the second one.

Here is some more info about the special features from The Man Room

Quote:
Combo Trailer

Inside Look: Tristan & Isolde

The Pilgrim's Guide - A text commentary stream consisting of both production and historical notes, synchronous with film.

Interactive Production Grid - A simple to use navigation portal will ask viewers to choose the desired perspective and timeframe allowing them to tailor the "Making Of" material to their liking. There are no less than 16 different ways to experience The Grid. (approx 125 minutes)

A&E Movie Real: "Kingdom of Heaven" (approx 45 min)

The History Chanel's "History vs Hollywood" "Kingdom of Heaven" (appox 48 min)

Behind-the-Scenes Featurettes: Ridley Scott - "Creating Worlds", Production Featurette, Wardrobe Featurette

Orlando Bloom "The Adventure of a Lifetime"

Trailers
and The Digital Bits

Quote:
20th Century Fox has finally revealed the details on their forthcoming DVD release of Ridley Scott's Kingdom of Heaven (10/11 - SRP $29.98). The 2-disc set will be available in separate anamorphic widescreen and full frame editions. Each will include audio in English Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS 5.1, along with French and Spanish Dolby 2.0 Surround. Extras on Disc One will include The Pilgrim's Guide (a text commentary of both production and historical notes), and an Inside Look featurette on the forthcoming Tristan & Isolde. Disc Two will contain the 45-minute A&E Movie Real: Kingdom of Heaven documentary, the 48-minute History vs Hollywood: Kingdom of Heaven History Channel documentary, 4 behind-the-scenes featurettes (including Ridley Scott: Creating Worlds, Production, Wardrobe and Orlando Bloom: The Adventure of a Lifetime) and theatrical trailers. But easily the highlight of Disc Two is a new feature called an Interactive Production Grid, which offers you no less than 16 different ways to access some 125 minutes worth of additional behind-the-scenes material, by allowing you to choose the desired perspective (director, cast, crew) and timeframe (presumably pre-production, production, post-production, etc) you'd like to experience. If this feature is as interesting as it sounds, it may be worth the price of the disc by itself. We'll be sure to let you know our thoughts on the Grid as soon as we get a look at it.

No cover art is yet available for Kingdom of Heaven, but we'll post it when Fox releases it. One additional note: This isn't official, of course, but the fact that there's no Ridley Scott audio commentary on this release, and the fact that the film was heavily cut prior to its theatrical release (by well over an hour - you can read my review of the film and comments on the cut here), should tell you that a more elaborate multi-disc DVD version is likely to follow in 2006. So just be aware of this when making your purchase decision.

By the way, Fox is releasing Kingdom of Heaven on UMD format (for Sony's PSP) on 10/11 as well. We've been updating our UMD Movie Release List almost daily, so we might as well continue the trend.

Okay, that's it for today. If any major news breaks later this afternoon, we'll be back to report it. Otherwise, we'll see you back here on Monday. Have a great weekend!

Bill Hunt, Editor
The Digital Bits
billhunt@thedigitalbits.com
Old 07-29-2005, 01:15 PM
Master Fan

Both actually. I love the blue tones of those posters. Matches the movie quite well.

And thanks for the info. The behind the scenes bit sounds promising.
Old 08-01-2005, 09:33 PM
Absolute Fan

Well having just seen it again today, I can't wait for the Director's Cut. Sure hope it doesn't take five years like the one for Gladiator.
Love Psych and fanfic? Check out Psychfic. It has the best fan fiction I have ever read.
Old 08-05-2005, 11:17 PM
Supreme Fan

DVD cover for the US version.

Old 08-06-2005, 11:26 PM
Master Fan

Cant wait to watch it again. Im positive itll be better my third time around. Also cant wait for the extras. Thanks for bringing that over, Karm.
Old 08-07-2005, 09:53 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for that, Carm.

What? You want me to spit in my hand? We're Scully and Mulder.
I don't know what that means.
Old 08-11-2005, 06:38 AM
Elite Fan

I'm sorry but I didn't liked Kingdom Of Heaven... Orlando offcourse I liked in the movie.. The movie not really..

I can't wait to see Elizabeth Town

i o l a.
#.#
Old 08-11-2005, 04:50 PM
Elite Fan

Hi whenitcomes No worries. What didn't you like about the movie?

Old 08-11-2005, 10:12 PM
Master Fan

Hey whenitcomes. I personally loved KoH, but Id love to hear why you didnt fancy it as much.
Old 08-18-2005, 03:06 AM
Supreme Fan

Am, here is that quote that kind of ties in with out discussion in this thread.

From USA Today

Quote:
BD: Since Kingdom of Heaven made only about $48 million in the US but $163 million internationally, is the studio happy with it?

Scott Bowles: Only partly. While the $130 million film has taken in $210 million worldwide, director Ridley Scott was so unhappy with the way the film was marketed in the U.S. that he is considering severing ties with distributor 20th Century Fox. While overseas money makes studios rich, the prestige still comes from the U.S. box office.
I say good on Ridley! 20th Century Fox were horrible to KoH and he has every right to want to sever ties with them.
Old 08-18-2005, 11:17 PM
Master Fan

Good on Ridley indeed. I hope he does sever ties. Teach CF a lesson. Too bad they couldnt have been taught that lesson yonkies ago though. Given KoH a fighting chance.
Old 10-03-2005, 07:57 PM
Elite Fan

KOH DVD screencaps here.