Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2008, 06:21 PM
Administrator

Your Favorite Moments From Each Season

Hi everyone! I thought a good discussion topic would be for everyone to share their favorite moments from each season of Dawson’s Creek.

Here are my favorite moments:

Season One: Escape From New York: In this scene, Dawson and Pacey had brought a drunken Joey home from a party, and Dawson talked to the sleeping Joey in words that came right from his heart:

“This is probably the wrong time to tell you this but ummm well, maybe it's the perfect time. I realize how incredibly confusing things are between us. I can't even begin to explain our relationship. You probably can't either. But ummm, I just want you to know that umm, if you ever need me, I'll always be here for you. All you ever have to do is ask.”

Then, Joey tenderly touched Dawson’s face and kissed him, and it was a kiss filled with the sweetest type of pure love, and she then fell back asleep, and Dawson had an expression of utter amazement on his face that was so moving to watch. The combination of Dawson’s sweet words, and the tender and loving way that Joey touched Dawson’s face and kissed him really touched my heart.

Season Two: A Perfect Wedding: I thought that Dawson’s sweet and loving support of Joey as she faced her mixed emotions and long suppressed feelings about her father’s return, and her fear that he would hurt her again showed what a wonderful friend he was to her, and I can’t say enough about how wonderful and moving that scene was.

Joey: I'm just really scared. I just get him back and what if he hurts me again? I can't keep getting my heart broken by him.
Dawson: Joey...
Joey: I can't...
Dawson: I think in the back of your mind, you've always felt that as soon as your father got back, everything would be fine. Life would be perfect. I think your father probably felt the same way, too. As soon as he got back he could just clean up every mess, right every wrong, but ...he can't. You two are both suffering under the burden of such impossibly high expectations right now and all this hurt and pain and anger that you're feeling isn't going to just disappear ...and that's okay.
Dawson: Joey, for these past three years you have been so unbelievably strong. I mean, you've let the petty gossips and judgments of this town roll right off you. Don't let them get to you now. (pauses) Now’s the time to dig in your heels and show them that you have absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. And...you're not alone in this. You have a father now. You have a family again. And you will always...have me.

Then, at the end of the episode, I loved Joey’s beautiful words to Dawson:
Joey: So, thank you.
Dawson: For what?
Joey: For being my friend, for understanding me better than anyone, and for putting up with me for the last 16 years. I love you.

Season Three: Crime And Punishment: I loved the way Dawson stuck up for Pacey and defended his actions on Joey’s behalf when she spoke harshly about him at the end of the episode saying:

“Joey, that someone is that room right now because he's got a hell of a lot more than a “shred” of concern. Joey, why are you doing this?” Then when Joey answered: “Doing what?” Dawson answered her: “Casting aspersions on people who obviously care about you. Would you really think that I don’t want the best for you? I mean, Pacey. I mean, Pacey's a lot of things… impulsive, thoughtless, stubborn. But after everything that's happened this year, can you honestly doubt for a second that he doesn’t truly care about you?”

If anyone ever says that Dawson and Pacey weren’t really friends, I’d simply like to point them to that episode.

Season Four: Four Stories: I loved Dawson and Gretchen’s interaction in this episode, and I thought that Gretchen was so wonderfully supportive to Dawson as he dealt with the death of his mentor Mr. Brooks, and the words she spoke to Dawson about Mr. Brooks in “Four Stories” moved me to tears, and it made me absolutely love Gretchen’s character. Dawson was bitter because Mr. Brooks had basically died alone, with only him and Grams to mourn him, and Gretchen said just the right things to make him feel better:

Dawson: Look around you. This is it. This is an entire life. It all comes down to this. Stuff. Stuff. A garage full of stuff.
Gretchen: Now you're starting to sound like him.
Dawson: Which is exactly what scares me. Because at some point he just decided it was easier to stop caring. And he did. And by the time he woke up it was too late. What’s to prevent any of us from ending up like that?
Gretchen: That's not you, Dawson. That would never be you.
Gretchen: When you remember Brooks, remember that great, big thumping heart of his. Remember how sweet he was to Grams. Remember how when he saw us under the mistletoe he told you to ‘quit flirting and kiss her already’. Remember that guy, Dawson.

What a wonderful girlfriend Gretchen was.

Season Five: High Anxiety: Now it gets tougher, because I hated Season Five, but I would have to say the scene at the train station scene between Dawson and Joey was my favorite moment of that season. It was really the last time, for me at least, that I got to see how Dawson and Joey were able to reach each other on an emotional level like no one else could, and I was so moved by the way that Dawson talked about how he had been in a daydream looking for the moment when he would kiss Joey and they would be able to rekindle their romance, but how Mitch’s death tore him out of his daydream, and he didn’t know how he could get there again. I was also moved by the compassion and understanding that Joey showed Dawson in that scene, and her tender kiss spoke volumes of the depth of the empathy that she has for Dawson’s plight, and the depth of the love that had for him. Dawson soon hooked up with Jen after that though, and Joey hooked up with Charlie, and we’ve never gotten to see an emotional scene quite like that between Dawson and Joey since then.

Season Six, Clean and Sober: My favorite moment was Pacey’s final scene with Joey when he said, in response to Joey’s earlier assertion that he had never gotten over her: “What you said earlier was right. I never did. How could I? Just look at you.” Then, when Joey reached up and kissed him, it reminded me of my favorite Season One moment between Dawson and Joey in Escape From New York, and I have to say that although I was a little sad to be reminded of that scene, and correspondingly be reminded of the potential that the couple I had loved so much once had, I just was really moved by that scene between Pacey and Joey, because it was so tender and sweet, and it has to rank as one of the most romantic scenes that I’ve ever seen on this show. The chemistry, the banter, and then, finally, the tender sweetness between these two characters was all there in spades, and I admit that I was enthralled with watching them together, and I thought that Josh really nailed that scene perfectly.

Well, those are my favorite moments, and I’m looking forward to seeing yours!

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 05-21-2008, 10:04 PM
Elite Fan

Great idea Jerry I'll have to think about mine

I would hate to miss another boat
Old 05-22-2008, 02:56 PM
New Fan

Season One: Lots of little moments stand out. I really like when Joey said it would be so much easier if Jen was a total wench and Jen said "I'm sorry, I could try to be more of a wench."

Season Two: Hands down, when Pacey finds out about Andie's mother on their first date and hugs her. That was so touching.

Season Three: Pacey watching Joey by the fire. I think anyone who has loved someone from afar could relate to that moment.

Season Four: Pacey breaking up with Joey at prom. JJ's acting was so powerful, especially when he yells "I want you to care!"

Season Five: When Pacey comforts Dawson after Mitch's death.

Season Six: On a purely sadistic level I liked Joey's professor reading out Joey's email to Dawson since I could no longer stand Joey.
Old 05-22-2008, 03:54 PM
Dedicated Fan

Season 1 Double Date - The scene when Pacey and Joey are getting back to into the truck. There banter is so cute. AND then Pacey looks at Joey through the mirror and its just so adorable...I absolutly loved it!!!

Season 2 To be or not to be AND That is the quesiton I had to put both of them. Jacks coming out was such a moving and sad thing, that you couldn't help but cry for him. All in all I just absolutly loved these epies...and I couldn't help but choose them!

Season 3 Cinderella Story DUH! Critical moment in PJ history. First kiss, the way Pacey pulls over the car and just tell hers. And then the kiss..OH THAT KISS...what a wonderful moment. It really made me happy, because I was a PJer from the very beginning!

Season 4 A Winters Tale I -love- the lovemaking scene. The things that Joey says to Pacey are just wonderful. And it was my favorite scene of the whole show. The way she says "Gently Lover" and how he was willling to throw it away. I cry, always and forever. Its just such a moving scene

Season 5 Swan Song - This was hard, cause I was ALSO never a big fan of this season. But I love the way that Joey and Pacey talk to each other in the beginning of the episode. It reminded me how great they were EVEN as friends. And longed for them to be a couple again.

Season 6 All Good things must come to an end Jen and Jack in the hospital bed...I mean who didn't love that scene. And as much as I wanted to say the Joey Pacey finale....this topped it. This was the ulitmate scene. I cried like a little baby
Old 05-23-2008, 07:39 PM
Ali
Master Fan

Great idea!

Season 1: When Pacey tells Joey: "I wouldn't bet against that Potter girl" when she was feeling insecure about making a life for herself outside of Capeside in Double Date. I think that's the moment I fell for these two. It showed that underneath all of the surface stuff and the banter, those two weren't so different from one another.

Season 2: Moment in the finale between Pacey and his father. Josh Jackson did an amazing job, he cried, hard.

Season 3: Pacey and Joey dancing in The Anti-Prom. It always gives me chills. There's more love and emotion in that scene than any I can think of.

Season 4: PJo consummating their relationship in A Winter's Tale. It was so beautifully done. It reached all of my expectations and then some. "Ten, my love." Joey never spoke better words!

Season 5: I don't know. Maybe the episode after Mitch died. JVDB did a much better job in that episode than I thought he ever could lol.

Season 6: Same as Jerry... the end of Clean & Sober. The forehead kiss is probably my favorite moment in DC history.

My opinions always fluctuate though... lol.
Dawson's Creek board!

Last edited by Ali; 05-23-2008 at 07:56 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread