Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2004, 12:46 PM
Part-Time Fan

Wilmington in July

Hello, as a Dc fanatic, I would love to share an idea with all of you...I came up with this idea a few months ago. I have also contacted some officials down in Wilmington...I propose the week of July 26-30 a Dawson's Creek re-union party for the fans. Since no time in the future will we be seeing an official DC reunion show, I say we make one for ourselves. I saw we dedicate those days in July to spend with eachother down in Wilmington, North Carolina. Watch our favorite episodes, take a tour of the town to visit all of the hotspots, have some type of parade in throughout downtown Wilmington with "I don't wanna wait" playing in the backround. Moderators please keep this topic opened. I am 100% dedicated to this idea. I feel after talking with the Film Wilmington Film Commission that we even have a chance at getting some of the actors to come back that week to sign some autographs. Now be it, I don't know if we will be able to come up with Katie Holmes or James, but as they sounded, maybe Kerr, Nina, Mary. It would just be a great time for all of us. To meet up, spend time on the beach, discuss Dawson's Creek until we are blue in the face. I figure, you can't get any better then that. News will come as I get it. We will be planning festivities galore. Reply with your thoughts or ideas...Thanks for your time...Garrett
Old 01-27-2004, 03:12 PM
Dedicated Fan

Hello..I LOVE your ideaa..but I live in Europe so it would be really expensive for me...but all of you guys that can afford that...DIG IN people!!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Garrett,cool idea..if u ever do that..make a topic about it and show mw some pictures
SeeBones#63 SwingSetter YoBlinger#50 Snickers ZooBaby#43 SMACked#20 TrueLover#153
JavaJunkie FerryBoater#176 Exhibitionist#136 Copulator#184 Masochist Savior#167
Old 01-27-2004, 03:23 PM
Part-Time Fan

Well you should come visit Wilmington...It's beautiful...But If you cannot come, then I encourage you to spread the word. Thanks for your kind words.. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I appreciate it
Old 01-27-2004, 04:04 PM
Part-Time Fan

Oh I think it's a super idea..I would definetely loved to..I also live in Europe but I' ve been planning to visit the States this summer so this couldn't be any better..and meet with the actors..that's amazing..if this gets big maybe josh,katie and james might actually join..you never know..lol [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-27-2004, 04:18 PM
Part-Time Fan

Well I am very very serious. I love this idea..I'm not going to let it die. I am going to be contacting the Wilmington Newspaper here within the next few days...Please if anyone wants to help out or needs more info, feel free to email me or mssg me on aol. Or just reply..Thank you
Old 01-27-2004, 04:36 PM
Extreme Fan

Yeah,I was reading the Wilmington Star online yesterday (Monday), and they had a story about M. Williams in the feature section. Anyway, it was about her current movie, and also about her missing Wilmington. She says she would love to come back there someday. If anyone could please put the article from the paper's website here, that would for sure be nice.
Old 01-27-2004, 04:42 PM
Part-Time Fan

Williams misses Port City
'Dawson's' actress now a free 'Agent'

By Allison Ballard
Staff Writer
allison.ballard@starnewsonline.com

One of the things Michelle Williams always wanted was to live in New York. Now, the actress and Dawson's Creek veteran is a homeowner there.

Too bad she hasn't had much time to spend there. She's been fortunate enough, she said, to be working steadily since the locally filmed WB teen drama ended.

In fact, while she was wrapping the series last spring, she was simultaneously playing a relatively small part in an independent film that's developed a big reputation.

The Station Agent has racked up awards for its writing, acting and direction. Now, local audiences will have a chance to see it through Thalian Hall's Cinematique series.

Peter Dinklage stars as a man with dwarfism who moves to an abandoned train depot in rural New Jersey. Solitude is his goal, but soon his life becomes entangled with others, such as the artist who is struggling with a personal tragedy (Patricia Clarkson) and an overly friendly Cuban hot dog vendor (Bobby Cannavale).

Ms. Williams plays Emily, a young library assistant who has a crush on the main character.

Her work with him might not be the typical Hollywood love scenes, but they brought on the same anxieties.

"It was the same as always," Ms. Williams said in a telephone interview last week. "It's nerve-wracking. You think 'I can't believe I'm about to kiss this poor stranger.'"

But the work she did on that movie and the friendships she developed were a rare opportunity.

"It's one of the things I always wanted, that sense of community in work, friends who were partners too," she said. "I've been so moved by these people."

She and other cast members traveled to Stockholm (where Station Agent won the Audience Choice Award) and other festivals together.

"At this point I have such an attachment to it," she said of the movie. "It's such a relate-able story. They are all outsiders, but they all find a way to be together."

Ms. Williams recently finished work on the film Imaginary Heroes, with Sigourney Weaver and Jeff Daniels. She's also traveling to Germany next week to see a cut of Land of Plenty, directed by Wim Wenders (Buena Vista Social Club).

"That was really quite a dream come true," Ms. Williams said. "It was a privilege."

In the film, she plays the daughter of a missionary, a woman who has grown up overseas. Her character goes to Los Angeles to find a long-lost uncle who is a Vietnam veteran.

The work has been steady, but Ms. Williams said she anticipates a time when she might not be as busy.

"Then, I'll have more time to reflect," she said. "The seven years I was living in Wilmington, I'm just beginning to make a little bit of sense about the whole experience."

One of the things she's realized is that she misses the town.

"I've yearned to be there," she said. "There are some people I really miss. I'm nostalgic for summer, for Dockside, for the beach, my house.

"I miss Fred at the music store." (That would be Fred Champion, owner of CD Alley.) "And the simple things, like driving down Market Street.

"I know that I'll come back. I'm already fantasizing about that, making the road trip."
Old 01-27-2004, 06:20 PM
Master Fan

Gonna leave this article here but it really belongs in the "Cast Members In The News Thread" so Im putting it there too.
Old 01-27-2004, 07:44 PM
Extreme Fan

Thanks. I also read about a week ago, that the city was trying to get another show to flim there as well. Not sure on the status of that one.
Old 01-27-2004, 08:09 PM
Master Fan

Wow... this would be... wow. I'm 15, so I may have some problems with persuauding my parents to let me. But this is a once in a lifetme sort of oppurtunity, so possibly!
Old 01-27-2004, 09:02 PM
Part-Time Fan

Well, once again, I am 100% dedicated to making this happen..So I will keep everyone updated..Any ?'s feel free to ask! Thanks
Old 01-27-2004, 09:17 PM
Part-Time Fan

The pilot is set to start filming in Wilmington on March 2..Touchstone Television...A show called "Do It"...Now this thread is only about the venture at hand [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-27-2004, 10:01 PM
Extreme Fan

True.