Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2004, 06:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Who loved BOTH Pacey/Andie and Pacey/Joey?

I know I did.
Old 05-27-2004, 07:07 PM
Passionate Fan

I did actually... back in season 3. I was all for a P/Jo relationship. I really love them but when I saw how miserable Pacey was and how insecure he was with Joey, I was off the P/Jo wagon. I still have great memories of Pacey and Andie but I cannot say the same thing about Pacey and Joey. I still believe Andie is better... not a better girlfriend per say but a better person in general than Joey.
Old 05-27-2004, 07:33 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by *Dominique*
I still believe Andie is better... not a better girlfriend per say but a better person in general than Joey.
Amen, Dominique. I definitely think that Andie was a better person than Joey, but we've always agreed on that!

Personally, I much preferred Pacey and Andie to Pacey and Joey, and I thought that Andie was a much better girlfriend to Pacey than Joey ever was, but I really did enjoy seeing Pacey and Joey together in Season Six, and I was happy that they ended up together in the finale.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 05-27-2004, 07:52 PM
Absolute Fan

I liked Andie and Pacey, but I am a HUGE PJ fan. The P/A relationship is what made season 2 enjoyable. I don't agree that Andie was a better gf then Joey. Andie cheated on Pacey. Joey just had insecurities. Also, Pacey broke up with Joey because he needed to be on his own for awhile. It really had nothing to do with Joey. Pacey broke up with Andie bc she cheated and completely broke his heart. I wish Andie would have stuck around through the end though, but just as a friend.

Angel- I love you. I try not to, but I can't stop. Buffy- Me, me, too. I can't either.
Old 05-27-2004, 08:05 PM
Elite Fan

I am a PJer. Sometimes, I like Pacey and Andie too. I don't love them, but they did have their cute moments. I don't like to go to Pacey and Andie threads because there can be too much Joey backlash sometimes, so I don't bother.

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
Old 05-28-2004, 08:20 AM
Part-Time Fan

From the frist episode, my two favorite characters were Pacey and Joey. I wanted them to be happy. So all during season one I wanted Dawson to wake up and see Joey as a girl. So when season two started, I was happy that DJ were together and they brought in a cute girl for Pacey. So I liked Pacey and Andie all through season two, but I think what I really liked was seeing JJ being a romantic lead. I think it says a lot that on the season two DVD's it's said that Pacey and Andie were considered the love story for that season, and not DJ, I mean the only season that DJ were actually a couple, and they weren't considered the main love story? I think that says a lot for JJ's ability.

But then at the end of 301, when Pacey rows up to Joey on the dock, that scene made me a die hard PJ'er. The way she melts into him while she's crying, and he rests his chin on her head, they are just so natural together, nothing looks staged with them. I always feel like I'm a peeping Tom peering through someone's window while watching scenes with them.

So I did enjoy Pacey and Andie during season two, but once I saw Pacey and Joey together, there was no going back for me.
Old 05-28-2004, 09:02 AM
Von Trapp Glory

Well, the thing with me is that basically every storyline, couple and episode from the first two seasons is perfection in my eyes.

That being said, I loved Pacey and Joey's banter in Season 1. I thought they they had great chemistry and they're little quips added something to the show. Being a huge fan of Season 1, of course I wanted Dawson and Joey together and I was rooting for them the entire season. But, I remember being really excited about the Pacey/Joey kiss in Double Date. I thought that it had a lot of potential. Although it never amounted into anything, Double Date is still one of my favorite episodes to date.

Then came Season 2 and Pacey and Andie became my favorite Creek couple of all-time. They were just magic. Their chemistry poured out of the screen and they were written so incredibly well. I just love them.

So, basically, during the first two seasons, Dawson/Joey and Pacey/Andie were the star couples to me and I rooted for them throughout the journey that was Seasons 1 and 2. But, I did enjoy Pacey and Joey's "couply" moment back in Season 1. So, I guess that the answer to this question is yes (well, as close to a yes as you can get from someone who despised the seasons following Kevin Williamson's exit).

Old 05-28-2004, 10:00 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by notsomuch
I think it says a lot that on the season two DVD's it's said that Pacey and Andie were considered the love story for that season, and not DJ, I mean the only season that DJ were actually a couple, and they weren't considered the main love story? I think that says a lot for JJ's ability.
I agree about JJ he is a great actor but I think it has more to do with the fact they had a nice season long romance and did not break up mid season like D/J did.
Old 05-28-2004, 10:46 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by COOLCAT200
I agree about JJ he is a great actor but I think it has more to do with the fact they had a nice season long romance and did not break up mid season like D/J did.
I completely agree with this. In Season Two, Pacey and Andie's romantic relationship had a nice build up and it lasted throughout the entire season, while Dawson and Joey's romantic relationship pretty much ended before it even had a chance to begin.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 05-28-2004, 12:01 PM
Banned

I did. Because I love Pacey. I am still not sure which one I enjoy more, only that I think it was sad that Andie cheated on Pacey to make way for P/J.

Edited because the colors of my sig could make you go blind on this forum.
Old 05-28-2004, 01:33 PM
Extreme Fan

I'm a PJer, always have been, always will be. I've never liked anyone with Joey other than Pacey, so it's kind of odd that I found myself liking another person with Pacey besides Joey. And yeah... that was Andie. I started watching Dawson's Creek in the beginning of Season 3, and I hated Dawson/Joey so I just never really opened my mind up to Pacey/Andie either. But when I finally went back and watched some of Season 2, I really started liking P/A. I'm not a huge fan of the season in general -- I can't even watch it all the way through. But whenever I see "The Dance" on TBS I always have to watch the scene with Pacey and Andie dancing under the lights.

It's like infinite – it's kinda how I feel about us.
Jake&Peyton. Brooke&Lucas. Bright&Hannah.
Joan&Adam. Ephram&Amy. Clark&Chloe.

Last edited by glory fades; 05-28-2004 at 01:43 PM
Old 05-29-2004, 01:19 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Just want to say I love reading everyone's comments..

I honestly agree that Pacey and Andie stole the show in season two over Dawson and Joey. I do think part of it was due to the choppy Dawson and Joey stuff going on versus the longer relationship that we got to see with Pacey and Andie, but it is also more than that for me. I feel like Josh and Meredith just had something that sizzled together on the screen. With Pacey and Andie, they created such an innocent and pure romance together that was sweet in every respect. It really was beautiful to see..

And ITA.. I HATE, and I mean HATE that they had Andie cheat on Pacey in season three to make way for Pacey and Joey. That ticked me off big time. Not that I don't like Pacey and Joey because I do.. Very much in fact. But, I just hate how they literally tried to cheapen the beautiful lovestory of season two that went on between Pacey and Andie by having Andie cheat.. That really sucked. If the writers wanted Pacey and Andie broken up and wanted Pacey and Joey together, fine, but they could have broke up Pacey and Andie in a different way.
Old 05-29-2004, 04:58 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Wilpen

And ITA.. I HATE, and I mean HATE that they had Andie cheat on Pacey in season three to make way for Pacey and Joey. That ticked me off big time. Not that I don't like Pacey and Joey because I do.. Very much in fact. But, I just hate how they literally tried to cheapen the beautiful lovestory of season two that went on between Pacey and Andie by having Andie cheat.. That really sucked. If the writers wanted Pacey and Andie broken up and wanted Pacey and Joey together, fine, but they could have broke up Pacey and Andie in a different way.
I completely agree with this statement. The "wonderful" writers threw away Pacey and Andie's beautiful relationship for the sake of creating "drama," and I'll never understand why they had to do that. I despise the writers for breaking up what I consider to be the most wonderful romantic relationship ever depicted on Dawson's Creek, because like Dawson and Joey, Pacey and Andie touched my heart.

I also hated how Andie's character was destroyed in Season Three, and I feel that the writers really did cheapen Pacey and Andie's relationship in that season, and I think that I think the hatred that was generated towards her character for her actions in the first part of Season Three had a lot to do with her getting written off the show.

Still though, despite all the damage that the writers did to Andie and to Pacey and Andie, I'll always believe that they had the best romantic relationship ever depicted on Dawson's Creek.

Old 05-29-2004, 07:03 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Jerry D
I completely agree with this statement. The "wonderful" writers threw away Pacey and Andie's beautiful relationship for the sake of creating "drama," and I'll never understand why they had to do that. I despise the writers for breaking up what I consider to be the most wonderful romantic relationship ever depicted on Dawson's Creek, because like Dawson and Joey, Pacey and Andie touched my heart.

I also hated how Andie's character was destroyed in Season Three, and I feel that the writers really did cheapen Pacey and Andie's relationship in that season, and I think that I think the hatred that was generated towards her character for her actions in the first part of Season Three had a lot to do with her getting written off the show.

Still though, despite all the damage that the writers did to Andie and to Pacey and Andie, I'll always believe that they had the best romantic relationship ever depicted on Dawson's Creek.

Oh my God I couldn't agree with this more! I loved Andie and Pacey and I was very disappointed she cheated on him after the love they shared and it was far from puppy love I mean just the way Pacey cried about missing her in the season 2 finale. I also hated how Andie was just wasted in season 3 and went down hill. The writers made some bad choices as far as she goes. It's a shame they could not bring her back in season 6 I would have loved seeing her show up at Jack and Pacey's place.
Old 05-29-2004, 07:20 PM
Dedicated Fan

I liked both relationships. I'm more of a PJ fan, but I saw big problems with both relationships. With PJ it was Pacey's rabid insecurities , although I don't really think it's fair to blame all his insecurities on Joey, since there were alot of other problems in his life that had nothing to do with her, and Joey's seeming wishy washyness. With PA I always had the feeling that part of her attraction for him was that she seemed to need him and that he got to play the hero and I can see why that would appeal to someone with his lack of self worth, not that I think he didn't love her because he obviously did, but I didn't always see their relationship as particularly healthy. I really feel like his hero comples really kicked in with this relationship. I liked the fact that she believed in him because there didn't really seem to be anyone in his life like that and he obviously needed that and I agree that Andie was nicer than Joey. Atleast she was less bitchy and far less self absorbed not necessarily less judgmental though.

I agree the writers did go for cheap drama to end the PA relationship, but I don't think that was unique to this relationship. I think that charge can be levied at most of the romantic relationships on this show. Just look at how they chose to end the PJ relationship. But Andie cheating didn't really bother me the way it obviously did some. Not that I think cheating is ever right, but I could totally sympathise with her feeling scared and alone in those circumstances and turning to someone who understood exactly what she was going through. I didn't think that made her a horrible person. I was more bugged by the fact that she just expected Pacey to just get over it all ready.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread