Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2003, 02:30 AM
Obsessed Fan

i guess all different media has different opinions.

for both couples....

i don't both to much on the negatives from the media, postives are much better and really its a show for the fans and not the media.

keep the faith always [img]smilies/daisy.gif[/img]

regards
taubmas80 - djalways - Aussie DJer
Old 12-23-2003, 07:44 AM
Extreme Fan

Um... when TVGuide says it was the worst finale, how does that mean couples?

It's like infinite – it's kinda how I feel about us.
Jake&Peyton. Brooke&Lucas. Bright&Hannah.
Joan&Adam. Ephram&Amy. Clark&Chloe.
Old 12-23-2003, 09:06 AM
julialex

Yes, I saw this one too. It comes complete with a picture of Buffy and the caption has her saying "Stay dead, Dawson!" [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

So I guess the streak of media appreciation has been broken now, too bad. I can understand it, since the finale was schmaltzy and the series had become a blur of mediocrity. Unless you had really followed the show all the years, most of it probably seemed pretty corny.

And I guess I can understand people liking the Buffy finale, even though I thought it was pathetic. The Buffy fandom has always had its shipper factions, but I think it has an even larger base of sci fi, comic booky type fans, and I can see them enjoying it. Sorta. (I don't think I could ever forgive the Scoobies standing there like heartless narcissists not even grieving their own dead at the end, but many Buffy fans seem not to care about human elements like that.)

Old 12-23-2003, 09:17 AM
Elite Fan

I agree with Julia. I didn't see anything great about the end of the Buffy series finale.

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
Old 12-23-2003, 10:02 AM
Extreme Fan

See I told you I was not lying. Yeah I kind of left the ''Stay dead Dawson'' part out But I admit I laughed when I saw Buffy saying that.
Old 12-23-2003, 10:16 AM
Loyal Fan

All I know is everything that I have seen and read, Joey making the choice to be with Pacey is the best part of the finale.
Old 12-23-2003, 11:26 AM
tml
Loyal Fan

Would anyone be so kind as to type the actual TV Guide piece from the current issue? You don't need a scanner. Just a keyboard.

Having the actual content will help put things into context, you know.

<-- Never watched Buffy. Don't care about its finale, good or bad.

[ 12-23-2003: Message edited tml ]
Old 12-23-2003, 12:55 PM
Part-Time Fan

I am gonna have to say the "aired" finale was not to good...By the DVD finale with all the cut scenes still in place was very good! Just my opinion.
Old 12-23-2003, 01:40 PM
Dedicated Fan

I must admit that I hated the finale when it originally aired last May. I told myself that I would not buy it, but of course, being a loyal fan I did. It has "grown" on me each time I watch it, but I think that is moreso out of wanting to like it, than actually liking it...if that makes any sense.

But when I first saw it, I thought it was poorly written(I still laugh at the ridiculous dialogue in the "dream wedding" sequence) and didnt make alot of sense. I thought the acting was excellent though, for what the actor's had to work with and the final Dawson/Joey scene will forever be one of my favorite scenes ever. James and Katie looked so emotional.
Old 12-23-2003, 01:50 PM
julialex

I can't quote it for you, tml, since I only read it on the checkout line, but I don't think there's any big context. Coolcat's first post on the thread has the whole quote, I'm pretty sure. Basically they hated it because the show had become junky and because the finale itself was overly sentimental. I'm pretty sure that ultra cheesy scenes like Dawson and Joey at the end would have been high on the list of reasons the writer (Matt Roush?, don't know) hated it.

Old 12-23-2003, 05:05 PM
Supreme Fan

What I don't get is why people seem to be celebrating TV Guide not liking the finale. That doesn't mean they're DJers and hated that Joey ended up with Pacey, ya know. They probably just hated how Jen took two freakin' hours to die. As far as I know most media sources had a problem with the high schmaltz factor of the finale but the one saving grace was Joey picking Pacey.
Old 12-23-2003, 08:12 PM
Part-Time Fan

I don't think we need a new thread for each of these Best/Worst articles so I will put this here. I saw this at TWOP:

This is from MSNBC.com's Best and Worst TV of 2003:

Most Satisfying Romantic Pairing:Joey and Pacey on "Dawson's Creek." After years of blithering, dithering, wounded looks, accusations of betrayal, and abuse of the word "soulmate," Joey dissed titular insufferable twerp…er, "hero" Dawson in favor of riding into the sunset with Pacey. And not only had she chosen well, she'd chosen once and for all -- moments after the audience learned whom she'd selected, the curtain dropped on the show for the last time.
Old 12-23-2003, 08:39 PM
Dedicated Fan

Hey, notsomuch!

You should probably mention that what you just posted was written by Sars, who most people know is a P/Jer, and it happened to be posted there.

D&J2gether4ever

[ 12-23-2003: Message edited D&J2gether4ever ]
Old 12-23-2003, 08:56 PM
Elite Fan

Sars is still a critic and is a reviewer and what makes what she sees anything of less importance.

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
Old 12-23-2003, 08:59 PM
Dedicated Fan

Hey, hahpair!

I could ask you the same thing about Logan, which P/Jers automatically dismiss all the time. But I won't because I'm not interested in brick wall conversations.

D&J2gether4ever