Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2021, 11:40 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

I do think he was a better boyfriend than she was a girlfriend too, but Joey was still fiercely loyal to him. More than any other guy she was with on this show, but of course Pacey was a better boyfriend cause he is one of TV's best boyfriends ever created so that's a hard title to beat lol.
Old 01-26-2021, 09:42 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

Pacey's hard to beat in the boyfriend department. Yeah, Joey had her good moments as his girlfriend, but she was always in the middle of the triangle. That became the show, except for S5, maybe. They tried to keep her in the middle of what she was supposed to want and what she actually wanted.

I don't know if I would be as big of a fan of Pacey and Joey if different actors were in the roles. Chemistry comes first for me when it comes to rooting for couples, although I do tend to go for the enemies to lovers trope.
Old 01-26-2021, 05:53 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

I agree, chemistry is the root of the couple. If they don't have it, it's over (No matter how much some stubborn shows have tried) JJ and KH's natural chemistry was the cherry on top of the P/J pairing.
Old 01-26-2021, 06:27 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, I agree because, there are couples on shows that are written nice and maybe they're sweet or enjoyable, but you don't love them like you love your OTP or even just a strong ship, because the chemistry isn't really there. The writing might be there, and you can be like "aw, they're a nice couple" but that's about it. You're not crazy about them because the chemistry is 'meh'

Because then there are opposite situations where the writing isn't all the way there, or the writers just don't write enough for a couple, but BOY do we ship it and it's a popular couple because of that *crazy* good chemistry. They might not get a ton of scenes, but when they do...well we're all for it.

Chemistry is definitely key. And when good writing goes with it, well that's just a recipe for an OTP or at the very least, a very strong ship
Old 01-26-2021, 07:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I have to agree that KH was more into JJ/Pacey than any other of her love interests on the show.

icon credit: crash landing
Old 01-26-2021, 09:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think chemistry is key to an on screen relationship. If the actors don’t have it, I am not going to believe it.
I am an original”
Old 01-27-2021, 07:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by msstock87 (View Post)
I think chemistry is key to an on screen relationship. If the actors don’t have it, I am not going to believe it.
Ditto

Old 01-27-2021, 08:24 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Watching a couple with no chemistry is like getting a root canal. It's just so painful to watch (Whether it's forced or their boring as hell and put me to sleep) like end this torture.

Last edited by Butterfly85; 01-27-2021 at 08:30 PM
Old 01-28-2021, 10:49 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
Watching a couple with no chemistry is like getting a root canal. It's just so painful to watch (Whether it's forced or their boring as hell and put me to sleep) like end this torture.
Yep.
Old 01-28-2021, 03:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
Very well put.
I am an original”
Old 01-28-2021, 07:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So true, but it also makes you realize how potent a couple with chemistry actually is.

Old 01-28-2021, 07:50 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Exactly, it's very juicy and satisfying to watch. Who wants to watch a boring, dry ass couple? I like couples where I'm so excited to watch their next scene in the next episode. That's how I felt when I first watched S3 and WB had those great promos back in the day. I remember the Stolen Kisses promo showing Pacey telling Joey he was going to kiss her in ten seconds, and if she doesn't want him to to stop him. I thought it was so hot and I was freaking out. I couldn't wait to see that episode, I remember I taped it and wore out the tape cause of all the great scenes in it lol. Still glad to have S3 on DVD so that isn't a problem anymore.
Old 01-29-2021, 08:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristinaL80 (View Post)
Pacey's hard to beat in the boyfriend department. Yeah, Joey had her good moments as his girlfriend, but she was always in the middle of the triangle. That became the show, except for S5, maybe. They tried to keep her in the middle of what she was supposed to want and what she actually wanted.

I don't know if I would be as big of a fan of Pacey and Joey if different actors were in the roles. Chemistry comes first for me when it comes to rooting for couples, although I do tend to go for the enemies to lovers trope.
Chemistry then story is next for me. Lots of my fave couples were enemies to lovers.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 01-29-2021, 10:19 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime Bee (View Post)
Chemistry then story is next for me. Lots of my fave couples were enemies to lovers.
Yeah, that's why we have so many favorite couples in common.
Old 01-29-2021, 07:16 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

I love when Pacey kisses Joey in the series finale. Joey's smoky look towards him afterwards is the icing on the cake. That clearly showed she's still in love with Pacey and he will always have that effect on her no matter how many years go by.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread