Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2020, 04:55 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime Bee (View Post)
DJo Pandie & PJo happened during the right times on the show to me.

I wish I could enjoy more than one ship on many other shows the way I do on DC.

It's not the only one but then there are shows I like mostly only b/c of a ship.

I only like Pacey/Audrey at the start too.

Another beautiful PJo vid with a great song.
I totally agree.
Old 07-31-2020, 06:03 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
I can see and agree with him there lol. Should of also seen him wanting to leave cause the parents airtime was dwindling down, that's a huge reason actors leave TV shows. Still wish he wasn't killed off though. I couldn't stand Dawson but I liked his dad, he was another character that gave his self absorbed son a reality check many times.
I agree to his airtime was cut short but the main characters if you look at it are the kids it was bound to happen but they could of wrote him out any other way than too kill him but that was the first time I felt bad for Dawson and i dont like him.

Carrie good to see you Im watching dc and getting your clips ready for you
secret of the old clock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 06:44 PM
Part-Time Fan

Alot of time that happens. When the supporting characters story archs have been exhausted to the point. They just become background noise. As the writers have stretched out the extremities of that particular character.

I didn't hate any of the couples. They all happened at the right time. And were organic. Real soft spot for Pacey and Andi. They ended right time too. I found joey and pacey the most compelling to watch though. They were both scrappers. Underdogs almost. I noticed even early in the 1st season. Where they positioned Pacey as a charming. Albeit unlucky in love character. Joey was similar to a certain degree. I found Dawson very self absorbed through the entirety. Which is why their relationship. Was always on their terms. Which meant Joey could not grow as a person. They touched on that alot through out the series. Pacey was her other half. Who gave her the freedom to take more risks.
3ku11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 07:01 PM
Queen Z

^^^I agree, especially about them both being scrappers. Even love the cute banter they have as a couple, love each other but still pull no punches lol. Pacey is Joey's other half and the ying to her yang.
Butterfly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 10:27 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ku11 (View Post)
Alot of time that happens. When the supporting characters story archs have been exhausted to the point. They just become background noise. As the writers have stretched out the extremities of that particular character.

I didn't hate any of the couples. They all happened at the right time. And were organic. Real soft spot for Pacey and Andi. They ended right time too. I found joey and pacey the most compelling to watch though. They were both scrappers. Underdogs almost. I noticed even early in the 1st season. Where they positioned Pacey as a charming. Albeit unlucky in love character. Joey was similar to a certain degree. I found Dawson very self absorbed through the entirety. Which is why their relationship. Was always on their terms. Which meant Joey could not grow as a person. They touched on that alot through out the series. Pacey was her other half. Who gave her the freedom to take more risks.
So very true! I feel like each of the couples happened and helped to develop each character. Your season 1 observation of Pacey is spot on. I viewed him as the class clown, who believed what his family had always told him he was and therefore BECAME them. I feel that even in their banter P/J were able to look past that and see the reality of each other. Joey much like Pacey saw herself through Dawson’s eyes and the rest of Capeside who looked down on her. But Pacey knew even in season 1 she wasn’t just the gawky too tall girl from down the creek. He knew she was smart and pretty. I feel even in the episode the Boyfriend, that there is a slight hint to that fact. He sees her talking to the drunk guy and tries to get her away from him, and the guy asks “Who are you her boyfriend?” Pacey replies “No, I’m just her friend.” And then under his breath says “God knows...” I feel like that was an early indication that the writers were wanting a P/J relationship even possibly in season 2 but decided against it.
Old 07-31-2020, 10:41 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
^^^I agree, especially about them both being scrappers. Even love the cute banter they have as a couple, love each other but still pull no punches lol. Pacey is Joey's other half and the ying to her yang.
Its true love just what you said its all true and thats hoe they make me feel.

2am here and im watching nothing but them
Old 08-01-2020, 01:31 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Songofjoy (View Post)
So very true! I feel like each of the couples happened and helped to develop each character. Your season 1 observation of Pacey is spot on. I viewed him as the class clown, who believed what his family had always told him he was and therefore BECAME them. I feel that even in their banter P/J were able to look past that and see the reality of each other. Joey much like Pacey saw herself through Dawson’s eyes and the rest of Capeside who looked down on her. But Pacey knew even in season 1 she wasn’t just the gawky too tall girl from down the creek. He knew she was smart and pretty. I feel even in the episode the Boyfriend, that there is a slight hint to that fact. He sees her talking to the drunk guy and tries to get her away from him, and the guy asks “Who are you her boyfriend?” Pacey replies “No, I’m just her friend.” And then under his breath says “God knows...” I feel like that was an early indication that the writers were wanting a P/J relationship even possibly in season 2 but decided against it.
Watching that now lol. I'm.glad they didn't get together that early. End of season 3 felt better.
Old 08-01-2020, 01:07 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Watching that now lol. I'm.glad they didn't get together that early. End of season 3 felt better.
I agree, I loved the slow build of their relationship.
Old 08-01-2020, 01:11 PM
New Fan

Quote:
I agree, I loved the slow build of their relationship.
Absolutely most definitely love slow burn relationships
Old 08-01-2020, 03:04 PM
Queen Z

Yeah, slow burns are the best (Which is one of the many reasons TV relationships now aren't that great. They rush them into bed, they don't realize that the payoff is the best reward. Pacey and Joey had that in spades) On a side note, I loved when Pacey came to Joey's rescue and knocked that drunk guy the F out. Too bad Joey was drunk and thought Dawson did it, which is even more laughable. In general, I always loved that Pacey came to Joey's rescue so many times during the show. One of the many great things about them.
Butterfly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 07:12 PM
New Fan

Pacey is the hero of the show he is always trying to do his best for everybody by that I mean Joey

ugh watching DC and Pacey just said to Joey ''you are becoming the women I always knew you were going to be''
Old 08-02-2020, 10:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

And in "Boyfriend", Pacey remembers Joey telling him that The English Patient was the only thing that seemed to put Alexander to sleep, so Pacey goes into the room and starts quoting the movie. Another example that Pacey listens to what she has to say.
Old 08-02-2020, 11:27 PM
Part-Time Fan

Watching 1x10. Double date. Its funny too see their banter that early. They just couldn't get on. They did not like each other. It was the first time you could tell real chemistry between them. It was subtle. But the way Pacey checked her out in the rear mirror. Then when he gave her a compliment. The wry smile from Joey too. I think it showed too. Even before Dawson realized. Pacey saw something in her. He believed in her from the beginning.

Last edited by 3ku11; 08-02-2020 at 11:47 PM
Old 08-02-2020, 11:56 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Watching 1x10. Double date. Its funny too see their banter that early. They just couldn't get on. They did not like each other. It was the first time you could tell real chemistry between them. It was subtle. But the way Pacey checked her out in the rear mirror. Then when he gave her a compliment. The wry smile from Joey too. I think it showed too. Even before Dawson realized. Pacey saw something in her. He believed in her from the beginning.

I agree, but again I have to point out if you go back and rewatch the Boyfriend an episode or two earlier at the beach party when asked if he and Joey are boyfriend and girlfriend he says “I’m just her friend...” and then under his breath he says “God knows...” to me it’s like he kind of thinks of her in a more than friendly light Which is why they banter so much. Because he knows she likes Dawson and it’s almost like he’s purposely teasing her so it’s not so obvious that he does like her like that.
Old 08-02-2020, 11:59 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I agree, but again I have to point out if you go back and rewatch the Boyfriend an episode or two earlier at the beach party when asked if he and Joey are boyfriend and girlfriend he says “I’m just her friend...” and then under his breath he says “God knows...” to me it’s like he kind of thinks of her in a more than friendly light Which is why they banter so much. Because he knows she likes Dawson and it’s almost like he’s purposely teasing her so it’s not so obvious that he does like her like that.

Funny too in double date. He actually asks Dawson for permission to ask out Joey. Then gets angry about them 2 years later.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top