Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2020, 08:36 PM
Moderator Support Team

add me please.

just started watching recently, on S4 and I really love them.
Old 07-19-2020, 11:48 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasertagandcigars (View Post)
add me please.

You are added!
Old 07-19-2020, 09:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

I never get tired of talking about these two.
I am an original”
Old 07-20-2020, 01:33 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

They never get stale.
Old 07-20-2020, 08:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by msstock87 (View Post)
I never get tired of talking about these two.
Ditto

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasertagandcigars (View Post)
add me please.

Welcome to the DC Fandom. Is this your first time watching the show?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
I like the buildup Survivor idea too. Yeah, WB's promos used to be so damn good. I was watching Buffy, Charmed, and Dawson's Creek back then. Especially during S3 making you ache to see what happens with Pacey and Joey next. TV shows are so freaking lazy now, they don't put any work into promos. They don't even seem to have promos shots for new seasons anymore. I also loved the WB promos where everyone from all the shows were together. God, I miss the 90's.
There are just so many shows now, it's way too hard to keep track of them all. I miss TV when we got new shows in September and they ran til May. And I agree that promos are nothing like they used to be which is a shame given how many choices we get now.

icon credit: crash landing
Old 07-20-2020, 10:18 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

When they premiered in the Fall and lasted till May, it wasn't all these dumbass breaks inbetween that lasted for months either. I think it's crazy shows have these breaks that start in Nov/Dec. and last till March/April. Or some being gone a year even. I wonder what idiot thought of that new trend for shows now.
Old 07-20-2020, 11:44 PM
Master Fan

Well I personally think there are positives and negatives to both ways.

Because with the newer way, you might have to wait a year or even longer, but you get much better quality in writing and they release them all at once if it's streaming so you can watch them all at once or just whenever you want - not having to make sure you're home at a certain time or you'll miss your show, or having to go through the hard process of recording it on a VHS, etc. And if it isn't streaming, you still only have to wait 8-13 weeks, depending (some shows have 8 eps, some have 10, some have 13 or somewhere in between) for all the eps to air and even then you could wait until they're all up on the site of the channel they're on to watch them all if your prefer.

And you get quality over quantity. Television has come such a long way from what it used to be. You get amazing stories that go on longer than a movie - so you get more time with a story you love and characters/ships you love - and it's really well written and well made as well.

With how it used to be or sometimes still is, there's less time for the writers to write good stuff - lets face it, Dawson's Creek had a lot of problems, as much as we love PJo - and we have to wait a whole 9 months for the season arc to be completed. There's also so many eps that there can be definite lulls in the actions/story and you get filler eps that might feel like a waste of time, etc etc.

And that is all to say that yes, it also very much sucks that we have to wait a year or more - sometimes even 2 years like with Westworld - for these shows we love and sometimes it's like "what can I watch in the meantime? I've binged all my fave shows!" and it totally sucks and I get that. And then there's the opposite end of the coin with the amount of eps. Because sometimes you just want *so much more* with your fave characters and that story but damn, we only get 8-13 episodes of it!

So I think there are definite pros and cons to both ways.

But the way I look at it - most shows do this, but to look at Dawson's Creek...except for Season 4, there would be episodes - sometimes several in a row - where we didn't get PJo content and that sucks. And in season 5 into half of season 6 people there was little to no PJo, so people had wait a year and a half for real PJo scenes again anyway.

So...for me...I think I'd still take shows as they are today. There are definite negatives, no doubt.

But also we've gotten shows like Game of Thrones (when it was good), Westworld, Stranger Things, Mindhunter, Breaking Bad, Big Little Lies, etc and I adore these shows. If they were whole 22, 23 episode season shows? I doubt they'd be as good as they are.

But one more point...we still get some of our full 9 months season shows and they might not be as good but they are fun and enjoyable and we get some great ships and characters, so yeah...definite pros and cons, imo
Old 07-21-2020, 03:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

I still after all these years never get tired of rewatching these two. I remember how excited I was for them the first time I saw them.
I am an original”
Old 07-21-2020, 07:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think I was feeling their chemistry in Season 1 even though I was routing for Dawson and Joey, I just felt there could be something more between Pacey and Joey. And I didn't know how things were going to turn out even though I didn't watch it until 2012. I hadn't really heard much about DC before that and had no idea there was a love triangle. Boy was I pleasantly surprised.

Old 07-21-2020, 08:44 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
Welcome to the DC Fandom. Is this your first time watching the show?
thanks! I watched a bit of it when it aired but not all of it. this is my first time watching all of it.

I'm on S5 now but their breakup was rough. and now they barely talk. hoping for some good stuff!
Old 07-22-2020, 08:28 AM
Fan Forum Legend

This vid is beautiful.

Old 07-22-2020, 12:27 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

Love that vid!
Old 07-22-2020, 03:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

That video hit me in all the feels! So beautiful!
I am an original”
Old 07-22-2020, 08:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That was an awesome video. I much prefer videos with dialogue and the music in the background as opposed to either just music or where the music drowns out the dialogue. This was the perfect balance.

Old 07-22-2020, 09:51 PM
Moderator Support Team

^ I do too.

lovely video.