Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Summer TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2020, 11:51 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime Bee (View Post)
That gif of PJo in 4x4 is so cute.

It's hard for me to vote though.

I feel like I need to do a rewatch b/c it's been so long now.
Great to see you here!

#2 for me too.

#2 - 2
#16 - 1
Old 05-21-2020, 04:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

#12 for me
Old 05-21-2020, 08:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Disney

msstock87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 05:32 AM
Master Fan

I was rewatching some of Season 3 today and it's funny the stuff you see, that you didn't understand back then, but do now. Like Joey accepting going to the prom as Dawson's date, knowing how that would make Pacey feel. It irritated me so bad back then. I never thought she did it because she loved Dawson more or anything, I was just annoyed she accepted and Pacey had to watch from afar. I get it now though. Like we were all talking about. Dawson being her escape. Even then, it's clear her feelings for Pacey overwhelmed her to the point of running, right at the start of their relationship. It felt very real to her and instead of facing what she felt (which we're suppose to believe it was because she didn't want to to hurt Dawson and just wanted P/D friendship to go back) Which I do think that was part, but I think it more had to do with her not being ready for those feelings for Pacey, so it was easier to push him away and go back to the childhood safe zone. Same in True Love. When she told him she couldn't give him a reason to stay, but cried at the thought of him leaving and her being stuck with Dawson, because she was too scared to take that leap. I really do think it had more to do with her wanting to run, then it ever really had to do with Dawson. I'm glad she stopped and went to him and told him how she felt.

It still annoys me that Dawson took her to prom tho.
"i can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you." ~ Zoe to Wade 4x10 (hart of dixie)
***BLONDIE*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 10:22 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

#2 - 2
#16 - 1
#12 - 2
Old 05-22-2020, 07:30 PM
Butterfly85

Yeah, in a general sense it was easier to go with the same boring and comfortable security blanket. Whereas Pacey was the real thing that made Joey feel things she never felt before. When it came to the prom I still feel she just went along with Dawson to support Jack cause as soon as she said she wouldn't go the prom cause of their prejudice of Jack taking a guy, Dawson suddenly wanted to pretend to care about giving Jack a prom just to get Joey to still be his date and rub it in Pacey's face. I feel she just went with him to keep the peace over Jack. However, in general it was ridiculous and pathetic for her to let Dawson treat her as his property at the end of S3. That still pisses me off 20 years later, like girl stand up for your damn self. I would never let anyone (especially an immature douchebag like Dawson) dictate my life and who I can be with. Go screw yourself.

Hope someone breaks that tie.
Butterfly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 10:16 PM
Master Fan

She said yes before the Jack thing. I think she was just so hopeful that it was a step in them getting to be friends again, even though deep down she knew it wasn't - and said so to Bessie.

But Joey was so concerned those few eps about making Dawson happy so he could forgive her (and yet Dawson whined and complained about Joey being miserable with him...uh, I wonder why!) and they could be friends again.

I think she had a glimmer of hope they could have a good time as friends and move towards patching things up.

But of course Dawson had ulterior motives and I think the second Dawson showed up on her doorstep, and with his mom's earrings, Joey knew it was a mistake but by then couldn't back out - or felt she couldn't - and probably kept telling herself up until she finally said something that things would look up, they would get better somehow.

She was obviously telling herself that, but the minute Pacey showed up, Joey couldn't stop thinking about him. Like Pacey might have been staring at her and Dawson dancing "all night" but Joey's mind was not with Dawson, and she had to make herself look away from Pacey when they left to go dance and Pacey & Andie had sat at the table.

And she totally used Jack's advice as an excuse to dance with Pacey. (Not that Dawson was in the right in his temper tantrum, at all, but Joey wasn't trying to be friends with Pacey, at least deep down.) On the surface Joey might have been chanting to herself "we're all going to be friends again, it's all going to be okay" but of course the minute she and Pacey start dancing there's passionate chemistry between them and it can't be a friendly dance.

I mean, Joey's feelings were apparent the whole time she was "with" Dawson. Dawson acted all smug in that cafeteria when he saw Pacey, like he'd "won" Joey and was taking her to prom, but Joey was miserable the whole time and just wanted to be with Pacey and when she finally got to dance with Pacey she got lost in him.

It's just like Joey says in the series finale. It was never a choice between Pacey and Dawson, but a choice she had to make with herself. It was pretty clear it was always Pacey for her, but she was scared to lose what Dawson represented for her (not Dawson himself, but that sense of safety, security, home and family which can be appealing when you're a young, scared teenager.)
clarkson_fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 07:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Disney

I always felt that Joey had feelings for Pacey in season three and wanted to give in so badly but was afraid of losing her friendship with Dawson because that represented stability and he past.
msstock87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 04:19 PM
Butterfly85

Anyone going to break the tie?
Old 05-26-2020, 03:48 AM
Master Fan

I'll go 12.

Falling down has one of my favorite PJ scenes. Joey wiping away Pacey's tears after he asks her for help, always gets me.
"i can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you." ~ Zoe to Wade 4x10 (hart of dixie)
***BLONDIE*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 11:38 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

#2 - 2
#16 - 1
#12 - 3 - Eliminated

________

Best of Pacey and Joey: Episode Survivor Part 2 - Season 4

*Vote for your least favorite episode.
*You may vote only once per round.
*The episode will be eliminated when it has three votes or after a couple days.
Images and gifs only represent the episodes. Vote for whole episodes in regards to Pacey and Joey.
All graphics are from Pacey and Joey Tumblr and Dawson's Creek Source, Dawsonscreek.tumblr, and/or belong to their respective owners

Round 13

1. 4x01 - Coming Home

2. 4x02 - Falling Down

3. 4x03 - Two Gentlemen of Capeside

4. 4x04 - Future Tense

5. 4x05 - A Family Way
Eliminated - Round 5

6. 4x06 - Great Xpectations
Eliminated - Round 7

7. 4x07 - You Had Me At Goodbye
Eliminated - Round 11

8. 4x08 - The Unusual Suspects
Eliminated - Round 3

9. 4x09 - Kiss kiss Bang Bang

10. . 4x10 - Self-Reliance
Eliminated - Round 10

11. 4x11 - The Tao of Dawson
Eliminated - Round 2

12. 4x12 - The Te of Pacey
Eliminated - Round 12

13. 4x13 - Hopeless
Eliminated - Round 8

14. 4x14 - A Winter's Tale

15. . 4x15 - Four Stories
Eliminated - Round 9

16. 4x16 - Mind Games

17. 4x17 - Admissions
Eliminated - Round 6

18. 4x20 - Promicide
Eliminated - Round 1

19. 4x21 - Separation Anxiety

20. 4x22 - The Graduate
Eliminated - Round 4
Old 05-26-2020, 11:50 AM
Master Fan

clarkson_fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 12:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Sarah Michelle Gellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristinaL80 (View Post)
Great to see you here!
Thanks.

"The one relationship I'd love to see play out is Blair and Dan — just selfishly, honestly, b/c I love working with Penn." - Leighton Meester

Jaime Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 06:08 PM
Butterfly85

Old 05-26-2020, 08:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'll go with #2
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top