Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2019, 02:16 AM
Elite Fan

They were spending time together because they wanted to. Joey decided to hang out with Pacey in 304 when she could have stayed or found something else to do

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
Old 12-07-2019, 11:59 AM
Master Fan

I didn't discover the show and PJo until about 2008, so I already knew they were going to be together because it already aired. That's an interesting experience because I already knew they would go there so I did see their earlier scenes through that lens.

And I agree, after like episode 3, I'd say, Pacey kinda forgot about his deal with Dawson and just wanted to hang out with her. I mean after episode 2 and their talk in the car, I feel like it was already changing for Pacey, but then when she defended him from Dawson of all people and stayed by his side instead of Dawson, and then their meaningful talk at the marina, that's when it really changed for Pacey into just wanting to be around her and hang out with her.

I mean, just his look here after she says "when it's right" and that's her basically saying that he shouldn't believe the "general consensus" about himself, and I think that meant a lot to him.

And then their look at the end of the episode too. And then the line with Dawson about "if they're gonna beat each other up, it should at least be over a chick" which is the biggest foreshadowing lol

And what's funny is that Dawson asksed Pacey to look after her for the next "couple of days" he never said weeks or months. It was Pacey who continued to hang out with her when he could have just said "see ya" and stopped hanging out with her.

And we know that while Joey didn't have any sort of deal to hang out with Pacey, she was reluctant to at first, but episode 3 changed things for her as well. Like hshapir2 says, Joey chooses to hang out with Pacey in 304 instead of turning him down and doing something else.
Old 12-07-2019, 02:18 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkson_fan (View Post)
And what's funny is that Dawson asksed Pacey to look after her for the next "couple of days" he never said weeks or months. It was Pacey who continued to hang out with her when he could have just said "see ya" and stopped hanging out with her.
Yeah, that's true. Dawson only says a couple days. He didn't say months. It didn't take much for Pacey to go above and beyond what he promised. He spent time with Joey because he wanted to.
Old 12-07-2019, 04:35 PM
Elite Fan

It's funny when Dawson first asked Pacey to look out for Joey for a couple of days, Pacey was like "Oh no no. Dawson, man!" Then yeah, he did just started causally hanging out with her cause he wanted to. I love that for both, they enjoyed hanging out with each other cause they wanted to and it was real for both of them. Which is one of the reasons Joey was so upset and hurt when Pacey told her that Dawson asked him to look out for her. She thought he wasn't being genuine like she was at first.
Old 12-08-2019, 06:21 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
And I agree, after like episode 3, I'd say, Pacey kinda forgot about his deal with Dawson and just wanted to hang out with her. I mean after episode 2 and their talk in the car, I feel like it was already changing for Pacey, but then when she defended him from Dawson of all people and stayed by his side instead of Dawson, and then their meaningful talk at the marina, that's when it really changed for Pacey into just wanting to be around her and hang out with her.
good point. She didn't have to do that. She helps him with the boat after everything that happened that day. She could have declined.

I am still not sure if she was jealous when Andie said they were back together. I go back and forth. The episodes after are telling. They were very flirty with each other in the beginning of ETWI. It wasn't written that way, but the writers kept it in. At Thanksgiving, her face lights up when she says Pacey has his moments. I originally missed that episode, so I had caught the reruns and felt it meant something

Old 12-08-2019, 12:01 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hshapir2 (View Post)
good point. She didn't have to do that. She helps him with the boat after everything that happened that day. She could have declined.

I am still not sure if she was jealous when Andie said they were back together. I go back and forth. The episodes after are telling. They were very flirty with each other in the beginning of ETWI. It wasn't written that way, but the writers kept it in. At Thanksgiving, her face lights up when she says Pacey has his moments. I originally missed that episode, so I had caught the reruns and felt it meant something

I'm not sure either. I think, at the very least, she was uncomfortable with it - and she probably didn't quite understand why. I think what Andie says happened with that guy did happen, for sure, but I also kinda think she saw it as an opportunity to get back together with Pacey and used it shamelessly and I think Joey kind of saw that and it just...it wasn't good.

Was Joey a little jealous? Maybe an inkling of it, but I think mostly she didn't like what Andie was doing to Pacey, after she hurt him, and using something in order to sneakily get back together with him instead of letting Pacey truly decide if he wanted to or not and letting it happen naturally, if it was gonna happen at all.

And I also think that does speak of growing care by Joey for Pacey, which is the start of feelings, in my book. If it had happened in season 2, Joey wouldn't have been that invested or cared all that much, she just wouldn't have.
Old 12-08-2019, 06:19 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

i don't think Joey was jealous of Andie at that time, but I do think Joey thought something was wrong with Andie and Pacey getting back together with Andie was a bad idea.
Old 12-08-2019, 08:02 PM
Part-Time Fan

JP were teased as early season 1. They were the classic love hate relationship. They would bicker and argue. But the underlying tension was always their. Go back to Season 1 episode ten. “Double Date”. This episode accidentally introduces the best part of the series. The Joey/Pacey relationship. In just a few scenes Joey shows more easier banter, and fun with Pacey. Then she ever showed with Dawson that wool season. Their chemistry is undeniable. When Joey is undressing. Pacey gets all shy and nervous. It’s obvious the attraction was their from day one. The way he watches her in the rear mirror. Is endearing, without being creepy.

It’s essentially a microcosm for the entire show. The plot is designed for us to root for Dawson and Joey. But Joey and Paceys chemistry steals the show. We’re susposed to think that at this point Paceys feelings for Joey were unrequited. But this scene showed this is not true.

I adore this show. But I don’t watch after Anti Prom. Other then Joey and Pacey moments. And their reunion.
Old 12-08-2019, 08:15 PM
Elite Fan

good points

It seemed like she figured out Andie wasn't telling the truth

I think she was subconsciously attracted to him in season 1. She made comments about him

Old 12-09-2019, 12:09 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristinaL80 (View Post)
i don't think Joey was jealous of Andie at that time, but I do think Joey thought something was wrong with Andie and Pacey getting back together with Andie was a bad idea.
I agree with this. I don't think she was jealous yet, just surprised and agreeing P/A getting back together was a bad idea. Especially when she suspected Andie lied about her boss attacking her. I also agree that Joey was subconsciously attracted to Pacey in S1, and their chemistry definitely steals the show. Dawson and Joey just didn't have any chemistry, Pacey and Joey's chemistry was natural and hot as hell.
Old 12-09-2019, 09:14 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

Quote:
Originally Posted by hshapir2 (View Post)
good points

It seemed like she figured out Andie wasn't telling the truth

I think she was subconsciously attracted to him in season 1. She made comments about him
Yeah, I think Joey knew Andie wasn't telling the whole story about what happened with the guy. I hate that the story was dropped. They should have had Andie regret lying and be redeemed by apologizing, but that's OT.

Yeah, PJ's chemistry came off the screen from the start.
Old 12-10-2019, 12:16 AM
Elite Fan

I agree, cause Andie's lying and hypocrisy in S3 was out of control. Then she wants to be self righteous when she finds out about Pacey and Joey? STFU.
Old 12-10-2019, 10:28 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

Love this early S3 look exchange!

Old 12-10-2019, 06:31 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
I agree, cause Andie's lying and hypocrisy in S3 was out of control. Then she wants to be self righteous when she finds out about Pacey and Joey? STFU.
Tbf she was suffering from very severe mental health problems. Tbf Joey and Pacey were being deceptive.
Old 12-10-2019, 06:40 PM
Master Fan

Having mental health problems does not excuse you of your actions and allow you to get away with anything you want (Also, she cheated on Pacey and didn't tell him for weeks or months, which is a lot worse than Pacey being with Joey when he and Andie are broken up and not together anymore). Plus, Andie was going through treatment so she was on medication and going to therapy - not that that makes her 100% better or anything, just that she was getting help.

I think that's why Joey and Pacey - and others - were so understanding and didn't go off on her or anything about that incident that Andie might have lied about.

So, tbf, Andie didn't have a lot of ground to stand on whens he was mad at the end of season 3, she really didn't. But, she did come around after a talk with Will and was understanding and kind to Pacey, so I personally don't get too angry at her for the end of season 3.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top