Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2019, 06:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 06-14-2019, 10:41 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

It's been a couple days.

#16 - 1
#18 - 2 - Eliminated

#31 - 1
#34 - 1
_______

Best of Pacey and Joey Hand (and Arm) Holding Survivor

*Vote for your least favorite moment.
*You may vote only once per round.
*The moment will be eliminated when it has three votes or after a couple days.
All graphics are from Pacey and Joey Tumblr and Dawson's Creek Source, Dawsonscreek.tumblr, and/or belong to their respective owners

Round 27

1. 1x08 - Boyfriend
Eliminated - Round 6

2. 2x22 - Parental Discretion Advised
Eliminated - Round 12

3. 3x02 - Homecoming
Eliminated - Round 16

4. 3x03 - None of the Above
Eliminated - Round 3

5. 3x04 - Home Movies
Eliminated - Round 19

6. 3x09 - Four To Tango
Eliminated - Round 23

7. 3x20 - The Longest Day
Eliminated - Round 2

8. 3x20 - The Longest Day
Eliminated - Round 21

9. 3x22 - The Anti-Prom
Eliminated - Round 25

10. 3x22 - The Anti-Prom

11. 3x23 - True Love
Eliminated - Round 24

12. 4x01 - Coming Home
Eliminated - Round 17

13. 4x01 - Coming Home
Eliminated - Round 13

14. 4x01 - Coming Home

15. 4x02 -Falling Down
Eliminated - Round 18

16. 4x02 -Falling Down

17. 4x03 - Two Gentlemen of Capwside
Eliminated - Round 20

18. 4x03 - Two Gentlemen of Capwside
Eliminated - Round 26

19. 4x04 - Future Tense

20. 4x06 - Great Xpectations
Eliminated - Round 5[

21. 4x09 - Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Eliminated - Round 14

22. 4x12 -The Te of Pacey
Eliminated - Round 4

23. 4x13 - Hopeless

24. 4x14 - A Winter's Tale

25. 4x16 - Mind Games
Eliminated - Round 22

26. 4x20 - Promicide
Eliminated - Round 1

27. 4x21 - Separation Anxiety
Eliminated - Round 8

28. 4x21 - Separation Anxiety
Eliminated - Round 10

29 . 6x14 -Clean and Sober
Eliminated - Round 11

30. 6x15 - Castaways
Eliminated - Round 9

31. 6x15 - Castaways

32. 6x17 - Sex and Violence
Eliminated - Round 15

33. 6x23 - All Good Things..
Eliminated - Round 7

34. 6x24 - Must Come To an End

Old 06-14-2019, 11:36 AM
Master Fan

Old 06-14-2019, 01:03 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Old 06-14-2019, 04:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

#16 again

I'm watching "The Longest Day" and I always find it interesting when Andie is talking to Joey at the Library about running into Pacey and how you know you're not over them when you bump into them and flood gates open and the very next scene is Joey bumping into Dawson and she clearly did not want to be talking to him, she couldn't get away fast enough. No flood gates there for sure.

icon credit: crash landing
Old 06-14-2019, 06:08 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
#16 again

I'm watching "The Longest Day" and I always find it interesting when Andie is talking to Joey at the Library about running into Pacey and how you know you're not over them when you bump into them and flood gates open and the very next scene is Joey bumping into Dawson and she clearly did not want to be talking to him, she couldn't get away fast enough. No flood gates there for sure.
I think they were trying to play it off that way in the show, like Andie is talking about this and then Joey runs into Dawson, and then apparently she still has feelings so her guilt mounts even more.

Katie played it differently then they meant it though, I think lol
Old 06-14-2019, 09:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkson_fan (View Post)
I think they were trying to play it off that way in the show, like Andie is talking about this and then Joey runs into Dawson, and then apparently she still has feelings so her guilt mounts even more.

Katie played it differently then they meant it though, I think lol
She must have because she clearly did not have any feelings when she bumped into Dawson, it was like an inconvenience for her.

icon credit: crash landing
Old 06-15-2019, 12:04 AM
Cardcaptor Queen

Well, in general I always felt that Dawson was always more into Joey (when it was convenient for him) than she was him but I agree she couldn't get away from him fast enough cause she was guilty and didn't have any more feelings for him. Then you see the rest of the season when Dawson acts like a crazed slave owner walking Joey on a leash, that she is MISERABLE around Dawson and in general. I don't get why he would even want to settle for second place. There was no denying she was in love with Pacey and wanted to be with him so badly.
Old 06-15-2019, 12:51 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
Well, in general I always felt that Dawson was always more into Joey (when it was convenient for him) than she was him but I agree she couldn't get away from him fast enough cause she was guilty and didn't have any more feelings for him. Then you see the rest of the season when Dawson acts like a crazed slave owner walking Joey on a leash, that she is MISERABLE around Dawson and in general. I don't get why he would even want to settle for second place. There was no denying she was in love with Pacey and wanted to be with him so badly.
Yeah, Katie plays it more like Joey is guilty because she doesn't feel that way for him anymore and feels awkward and uncomfortable and there's this big thing she's hiding from him and he's gonna be devastated and I bet she wishes she could love him like she used to, because then it would be easy for her to get back together with him and Pacey wouldn't even be a part of the equation, really.

But he is, and Joey knows it, she knows it deep down (maybe not even that deep down) that Pacey is who she wants, but she still loves Dawson - in a platonic way - but knows he wants her back (as evidenced by 3x19) and still loves her that way and this is gonna hurt him, so it just makes it worse.

I mean, look at what we get after he finds out - he makes an ultimatum, and in 3x23 Joey tells him if he hadn't, or if he would forgive her, she might have (would have) chosen differently, meaning she loved Pacey that way and not him.

Dawson is her security blanket, he's what's familiar, and he and his family are kind of home to her, and she doesn't want to lose that, so she "can't choose" for so long because of that, not actual romantic feelings on her part.

In 3x13 she says the way she FELT about Dawson, not feels.

In 3x19 she goes to Pacey, twice, to talk about their romantic relationship and ends up kissing him, she doesn't even think of doing this with Dawson.

In 3x20 she says she can't stop thinking about, wanting to kiss, or wanting to be around his best friend all the time. Nothing about wanting to be around Dawson that way too.

And like @Butterfly85 says, she's miserable throughout 3x21-3x23. She hates what Dawson's doing with the race in 3x21, doesn't find anything about what he is doing appealing, it actually makes her more miserable. She says the last thing she needs is another guy with romantic intentions for her - she needs a friend.

She says that to his face, that she needs him as a friend more than anything else. She maintains that they're building their friendship back up in 3x22, is pretty set on the idea that they go to the prom as friends, is uncomfortable the whole time she's with Dawson because he's making it clear he wants more.

She doesn't feel anything but misery when they're dancing, she's stiff and uncomfortable, she looks at Pacey instead of Dawson, she freaking melts in Pacey's arms and is so entranced by him it takes her quite a bit to notice Dawson standing there.

And it gets so bad that Dawson even comments on it in 3x23, and then at the end again when he goes "Come on, even I can see it."

Like...it really was no question, in the end. I know she says she "felt something" after he kissed in her in 3x22, but that could mean anything. From feeling just a bit of something to a lot, but given that she's all about Pacey and how she said she FELT and didn't FEEL about Dawson anymore, I would say it was just a lingering attraction, nothing more.

So, the point of my rant was...man, maybe it was never actually a LOVE triangle. It was, like in the series finale with what Joey said, a choice she had to make with herself, not between two men.

She was IN love with Pacey, always was. She loved Dawson, but as she says, it's "pure and eternally innocent" that isn't romantic, adult love.

So it was always between Pacey and her fear of losing Dawson, or more accurately the person who represented everything safe and secure and solid in her life. Joey always had people leaving her, intentionally or not, even Pacey, and I think that's what always scared her.

She was never really afraid of losing Dawson, though (except for when he made the ultimatum, but that isn't about romance), and kinda always knew he'd be there. That isn't romantic love, that isn't exciting or passionate or real. It's just comfort and security. Nice, but not your be all, end all romantic love, you know? Not true love.
Old 06-15-2019, 01:49 AM
Cardcaptor Queen

Great post, ITA. Dawson was the safe security blanket, comfort zone, and puppy love. Pacey was the love of her life, they were never on the same level.
Old 06-15-2019, 05:38 AM
Elite Fan

I didn't get any vibe that Joey had feelings for Dawson when she saw him in Tld. Whatever she felt after they kissed in anti-prom couldn't have meant much because she looked miserable dancing with Dawson in Tl. He knew she loved Pacey in a romantic way.

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
Old 06-15-2019, 10:31 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

clarkson_fan - Great post. I agree, Joey always felt guilt and fear of losing Dawson.and what he represented. Throughout S3 and the rest of the series, Joey was torn between that fear and taking a risk with what was real with Pacey.

#34 for me.

#16 - 1
#31 - 1
#34 - 2
Old 06-15-2019, 05:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 06-15-2019, 05:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Old 06-15-2019, 06:29 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by hshapir2 (View Post)
I didn't get any vibe that Joey had feelings for Dawson when she saw him in Tld. Whatever she felt after they kissed in anti-prom couldn't have meant much because she looked miserable dancing with Dawson in Tl. He knew she loved Pacey in a romantic way.
Especially after he saw how much in heaven and euphoria Joey was when she was dancing with Pacey. While she was dancing with Dawson (and in general in S3) Joey looked like she was just told she has Cancer. She was miserable as hell and it's pathetic Dawson put up with that. I don't get why you would want someone around you when they are clearly miserable and want someone else. On the other hand, Joey was ridiculous to let Dawson police her like that. If I were her, I would of told him to kiss my ass. Especially when it was always Dawson that kept running back.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread