Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2019, 08:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

And they made another list

https://www.tvguide.com/galleries/be...es-1026715/20/

Quote:
Pacey and Joey (Joshua Jackson and Katie Holmes), Dawson's Creek Poor Dawson. For a guy whose name is in the show title, things didn't really work out for him. The teen drama ultimately revolved around Joey (Holmes is the only regular to have appeared in every episode of the series) and Dawson never got the girl in the end. Not that we're complaining. Pacey and Joey's relationship always had more spark and sizzle than Dawson and Joey's angst-ridden infatuation. Besides, Dawson never took Jo for a summer-long sail on a boat called True Love. Swoon!

icon credit: crash landing
Old 07-03-2019, 10:07 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Ain't that the truth. Pacey/Joey are always slaying these lists but their just the best thing to come out of DC whether some like it or not. Their chemistry will always be one of the hottest between two actors on TV. Speaking of which, I can't believe it's almost been 20 years since S3 started, when their epic romance began! It's crazy!
Old 07-04-2019, 08:59 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

I always love seeing them on lists.
Old 07-04-2019, 04:24 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
That was a great hug.
thanks

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
Old 07-04-2019, 04:26 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Me too, I love after all these years they end up on new lists and new fans discover them.
Old 07-06-2019, 09:22 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
Great posts. I agree, that it was always about Joey's fear to fully let go and be in a relationship that rocked her to her core, made her fall for a man like she has never fallen before, someone that made her feel alive for the first time, and how much it hurt when Pacey broke up with her in S4. Sometimes your greatest love can also be your scariest, Joey's relationship with Pacey was her most mature and SERIOUS relationship. Her and Dawson were family and puppy love. She never took a relationship with him seriously, especially when she always dumped him like it was nothing lol. I also agree Joey matured a lot on the series (same for Pacey) but Dawson stayed the same immature, selfish child. I loved their moment in A Winter's Tale, I'm surprised I'm the only one that voted for it. I thought it would be closer, then again it was closed very fast too.

As for the Survivor, I think I prefer hugs or something else more loving lol but if we go with fights or resolutions to the fights (which was much better and showed their growth as a couple) I'm down for whatever.
I always believed after Pacey hurt her in Promicide, Joey put up an emotional shield against him and because of that it kept her at a distance. When Pacey started dating Audrey, Joey suddenly disappeared from Audrey's life, I always thought it was as way to protect herself from getting too close for comfort. Audrey called her out on not knowing her life anymore and not realizing she cut pacey loose. Whether Joey gave the blessing or not, it was a crappy move on Audrey's part to be with someone who she knew moved Joey's universe. Joey's line in Season 5 to Pacey changed it all for me, that she was acting like she thought Joey would suppose to act, like old Joey would of been heartbroken over Jen taking Dawson's virginity, that everything joey was suppose to want and have shifted. To me that a dead give away that Joey realized her thing with Dawson was purely innocent. She should of just let the security blanket go but when things got tough, she'd use it. However whenever Pacey finally was willing to let her go in series finale, Joey knew what she had to do. She always took the cowards way out to avoid looking at the truth of Pacey and Dawson.

I say hugs.

Last edited by nailpolishchick2; 07-06-2019 at 09:28 PM
Old 07-06-2019, 10:22 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

I agree that she put up a shield after Promicide to avoid being hurt like that again by the greatest love of her life. I always thought it was ridiculous how nonchalant Joey was about Pacey dating her roommate, but I saw it as her being in denial and keeping her defenses up.
Old 07-07-2019, 08:35 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

There's been family stuff going on, but I'm hoping to get Survivor done in this coming week.
Old 07-07-2019, 11:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

Totally fine! I appreciate you making the survivor.
I am an original”
Old 07-07-2019, 11:49 AM
Elite Fan

I like how she said thing shifted too. When everyone was eating, I remember how someone makes a comment about how things change or something

The edtors cut out a really good Pj scene that goes with that last Pj scene

Old 07-07-2019, 03:22 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristinaL80 (View Post)
There's been family stuff going on, but I'm hoping to get Survivor done in this coming week.
That's fine, that obviously comes first.
Old 07-07-2019, 07:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I've been a little busy myself, so I get it.

icon credit: crash landing
Old 07-07-2019, 08:20 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
I agree that she put up a shield after Promicide to avoid being hurt like that again by the greatest love of her life. I always thought it was ridiculous how nonchalant Joey was about Pacey dating her roommate, but I saw it as her being in denial and keeping her defenses up.
Yup, Joey got burned big time by Pacey so she kept him at arms length after that. I also saw Joey's actions during that Pacey/Audrey thing as something I once did, I put some space between the friend and put up a front of being indifferent. She had to play it that way, Pacey dumping her like that and just dating others, if she let her defenses down for one minute she'd get hurt and since Pacey acted as if he didnt want her, Joey lived her life. She told Pacey she was flaundering, its because everything was different and things shifted for her. Pacey being jealous of Charlie was a dead give away but it went over Joey's head since she didnt want to be too close for comfort. Joey's biggest flaw was her denial of the truth right in her face, of what her true feelings were saying. She always knew the truth of her own heart and when Pacey admitted he never stopped wanting her, suddenly Potter got VERY scared.
Old 07-07-2019, 09:01 PM
Elite Fan

good point about the Charlie thing. Pacey told Charlie where Joey was. She would have no reason to think he was jealous.

Old 07-08-2019, 04:49 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

Best of Pacey and Joey Hugs Survivor

*Vote for your least favorite moment.
*You may vote only once per round.
*The moment will be eliminated when it has three votes or after a couple days.
All graphics are from Pacey and Joey Tumblr and Dawson's Creek Source, Dawsonscreek.tumblr, and/or belong to their respective owners

Round 1

1. 3x01 - Like a Virgin

2. 3x20 - The Longest Day

3. 3x20 - The Longest Day

4. 4x03 - Two Gentlemen of Capeside

5. 4x03 - Two Gentlemen of Capeside

6. 4x06 Great Xpectations

7. 4x07 - You Had Me At Goodbye

8. 4x09 - Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

9. 4x10 - Self - Reliance

10. 4x12 - The Te of Pacey

11. 4x12 - The Te of Pacey