Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2018, 09:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't think anyone could compare to Pacey, he is one of a kind and has a one of a kind likability.

icon credit: crash landing
Old 03-15-2018, 10:36 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
And to add to that:

Pacey was under extreme pressure trying to stay above water with just trying to graduate High School, he also had the realization that he wouldn't be going to College and Joey would be. Pacey always wanted the best for her and deep down his insecurities made him feel like he was good enough for her and that he may hold her back. He had said as much in an earlier episode. I think this all became a reality for him during Ditch Day and it just spiralled from there. So really it was all Pacey who was feeling he wasn't good enough, not Joey putting that on him.

I know they wanted Eddie to resemble |Pacey, but he was just so unlikable IMO that any comparison to Pacey is just wrong.
Yup, Pacey had a lot of pressure on him, Joey had helped him with everything but whether or not he would graduate high school was on him. Joey would of insisted on bringing Pacey with her to Boston if they had still been together back then, she couldn't of cared less if he was college bound or not. Pacey felt so badly about himself thanks to his family, it finally got the best of him. He may have felt he was holding her back, Joey never saw it that way, Pacey was her better half, he would of ended up with her no matter where she was because those two are one. Pacey wound up in Boston anyways. He loved her so much he would of followed her anywhere and he did.
Old 03-16-2018, 04:43 AM
Extreme Fan

I agree with all of this about promicide being the sum of Pacey's insecurities. There is something to add that Pacey and Joey should have been more communicative but I think that's where you get into how contrived the writers made it feel by not showing us more.

I think you could make a case for Pacey being clinically depressed - the irritability and lashing out, etc, esp at Promicide. (Which also is giving the writers too much credit.)
Old 03-16-2018, 12:42 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

I agree with everyone about Pacey's insecurities being about himself. He even told Joey that he needed to be by himself for a while. He realized that he needed to figure things out on his own.
Old 03-17-2018, 06:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristinaL80 (View Post)
I agree with everyone about Pacey's insecurities being about himself. He even told Joey that he needed to be by himself for a while. He realized that he needed to figure things out on his own.
I agree with all of this too. As much as I did not want them to break up, it might have been good that they did so Pacey could figure some important things about his life out.
I am an original”
Old 03-17-2018, 08:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXDb4gJRqzw

Old 03-18-2018, 07:30 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the link JJH85

That video is awesome

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
Old 03-18-2018, 09:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Well we all love a good PJo video.

Old 03-18-2018, 09:58 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

It's a great video!
Old 03-18-2018, 10:14 AM
Elite Fan

What I love about is how it really captures their looks toward each other and moves slowly by frame. It reminds me of the looks survivor we had

I found this. It has the slo motion thing too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_NEKp7fmvw

Last edited by hshapir2; 03-18-2018 at 10:21 AM
Old 03-18-2018, 08:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That's a great video too.

Old 03-19-2018, 11:24 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

Quote:
Originally Posted by hshapir2 (View Post)
What I love about is how it really captures their looks toward each other and moves slowly by frame. It reminds me of the looks survivor we had

I found this. It has the slo motion thing too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_NEKp7fmvw
That video is one of my favorites but I have many favorites.
Old 03-19-2018, 01:50 PM
Part-Time Fan

One thing I loved about Season 5 and thats not alot, was Pacey's jealousy over Joey. , He still wanted Joey to work at same place he was cooking at. Joey wasnt interested though in being a waitress at the time. His jealousy over Charlie was even funnier. The thing was, Audrey picked up on the jealousy, Joey had no idea. One of my favorites scenes of Pacey was in high way to hell and Pacey was forced to give Charlie a ride and while he was hitting on Joey, Pacey was fuming. Him telling Chuckles to get out of his car was priceless.

I was glad Pacey finally vented how he felt about Joey's lack of a reaction to him dating other women in Season 6. After that drunken kiss in season 6, Pacey had to be frustrated as hell. I loved that fight they had at the pay phone in Kmart. I was glad they filled in some blanks from Season 5. Pacey was not happy Joey didnt seem to be jealous over him and Audrey or anyone he slept with. Although he may have wanted a reaction from her, she just wanted Pacey to be happy.
Old 03-19-2018, 07:49 PM
Elite Fan

thanks JJH85 and ChristinaL80

nailpolish, you make good points. Joey did have a reaction to Pacey and Karen in Four Scary Stories. Pacey asked if she really wanted to have a conversation about that now. I noticed he wanted her to work with him. It showed he missed her, even if it was implied. Pacey did act jealous over Charlie in 517 even though he said it was about how he treated Jen, but in 519, he was telling Joey to give Charlie a chance. Joey said before she gave PA her blessing was that she wanted them to be happy. As I mentioned before, in 513, Pacey made jokes about Joey having no social ilfe. She probably thought he moved on from her. She did not want to talk to him about any potential love interests. She was acting realistic before 514. He gave her and Dawson his blessing in 504. It went both ways

Old 03-19-2018, 08:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

They may have been a bit subtle, but it was clear they both weren't 100 percent out of touch with their relationship and their true feelings. I like to think that they respected and cared enough about each other to move forward and like Pacey said, he wanted Joey to be happy and if that meant letting her move on, then so be it. Perhaps she felt the same way about him too.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread