Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2018, 04:25 AM
Extreme Fan

I always thought s6 was much worse in the first part of the season for pretending that Pacey and Joey were never together.
Old 03-13-2018, 11:48 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy K (View Post)
I always thought s6 was much worse in the first part of the season for pretending that Pacey and Joey were never together.
I think S6 is worse in the first half too because PJ don't interact after the first two episodes, but I do think S6 does a better job at using their history than in S5. In the first episode, there's that jukebox scene where Pacey mentions how lovey dovey they were after their sailing trip and how they didn't want the summer to end.
Old 03-13-2018, 06:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristinaL80 (View Post)
I think S6 is worse in the first half too because PJ don't interact after the first two episodes, but I do think S6 does a better job at using their history than in S5. In the first episode, there's that jukebox scene where Pacey mentions how lovey dovey they were after their sailing trip and how they didn't want the summer to end.
Oh I know and he admits that isn't the case with Audrey. Clearly they are close enough to bring that up and it was so cute.
Old 03-13-2018, 10:06 PM
Addicted Fan

A lot of good points in this thread about them being mature and not wanting to react in the immature, selfish way Dawson did. In general, I still didn't like how they were written in S5 and 6 or the way they basically ignored the elephant in the room that they had an epic and loving relationship. They tried to sweep it under the rug and it was just ridiculous to me.
Old 03-14-2018, 07:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Pacey always put Joey interests first. He was just so unselfish that way, so as much as he may have loved her I think he really just wanted her to be happy. He says as much in the finale. When I think of all the times he put people first before himself, it just makes me love him even more.
Old 03-14-2018, 11:18 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
Pacey always put Joey interests first. He was just so unselfish that way, so as much as he may have loved her I think he really just wanted her to be happy. He says as much in the finale. When I think of all the times he put people first before himself, it just makes me love him even more.
That's why Pacey is loved so much and called the perfect boyfriend.
Old 03-14-2018, 08:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristinaL80 (View Post)
That's why Pacey is loved so much and called the perfect boyfriend.
Here Here, I totally agree.
Old 03-14-2018, 09:47 PM
Addicted Fan

Yep, I love when men are selfless in their love and in general. Pacey was always like that with Joey and many others.
Old 03-15-2018, 02:48 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
Here Here, I totally agree.

Me too!!!! No one else could ever be that perfect for me as Pacey is!!! I guess I just have to wait for a different life
Old 03-15-2018, 03:24 AM
Elite Fan

When it comes to seasons 5 and 6 for PJ, I think I prefer the first half of season 5 for PJ and the second half of season 6 for PJ. It's like if season 6 episode 614 started after 513, I think I would have liked the season as a whole. The second half of season 5 is not my favorite for PJ and the first half of season 6 there is hardly any PJ scenes with the exception of 601 and 610. In 513, Joey was acting uncomfortable talking about her love interests with Pacey and he tried to brush it off, but looked uncomfortable in the background. It would have been a good lead in to the second half of season 6

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
Old 03-15-2018, 04:32 AM
Extreme Fan

Besides the jukebox scene, they then have Pacey just sitting there in the second episode where Dawson and Joey are fighting about having had sex. Makes no sense at ALL.
Old 03-15-2018, 11:51 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy K (View Post)
Besides the jukebox scene, they then have Pacey just sitting there in the second episode where Dawson and Joey are fighting about having had sex. Makes no sense at ALL.
Yeah, I know what you mean, but at least Josh made a face to show that Pacey did feel something about them having sex. Then later, when Audrey said how Dawson and Joey's co-dependency was romantic, Pacey said it's structurally unsound. It wasn't much, but it was enough to show that Pacey was not okay with the DJ relationship.
Old 03-15-2018, 02:42 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azaiya (View Post)
I like this a lot. Not only does it make perfect sense on all counts, it also allows me to stay within the story and not step back in order to blame the writers for their ********y writing. So thank you! If you can offer up an alternative take on Promicide so I can watch the entire series again, I would be forever grateful!
Promicide was AWFUL, ugh. However, I can give you my view point on it. I've heard so many different versions about it, how they truly thought Pacey didnt want Joey. My stance on that is, they obviously have not watched the whole series. What happened in promicide was simple for me. It has do with the underlying issue that has been portrayed since season 1 about Pacey. How his family treated him and how he feels about himself. His family never ending snide remarks about him being a failure, that he's not good enough or could never get into college.

Pacey's dad was HORRIBLE to him and he severely lacked the love and emotional support he needed from John. It wasnt until Tamara,Andie and Joey that got Pacey to believe he was good enough. He had plenty of people for years telling him he was nothing and you tend to believe it after awhile. He was afraid of the other shoe dropping and things majorly changed when Joey picked him over Dawson. He finally found the one he wanted to spend the rest of his life with. Joey loved him fiercely, college or not. She would of found a way to get him in. By the time the prom came around, every insecurity he's ever had about himself was above the surface and he took it out on Joey. It was never about Joey making him feel bad, she's never done that. She always made him feel so high. Pacey's happy mask during that episode was him trying to be the perfect boyfriend, despite all the hurting he had going on inside him, Joey knew him well enough to know it was a mask. When you're that connected to someone, you know when something isnt right.

He wasnt trapped in his relationship with Joey, he was suffocating from his insecurities about himself. He kept them at bay for the most part but by time the prom came, they bubbled over onto Joey when he saw DJ dancing. It was the straw that broke the camels back. As Pacey said in earlier episodes, he was always afraid of the small part of Joey's heart that had Dawson in it. It was fear, insecurity and every doubt he's ever had about himself all at once. All that emotional abuse came to a breaking point that night and sadly Joey was the culprit who received it. Joey was still learning back then as well. Remember once Pacey did calm down and realize what he said to Joey, he was horrified. It made him sick to think he said that to someone he loved most.

Edit: Totally off topic but Joey's relationship with Eddie reeked of Pacey. She tried to get him into college, he was also the type to punch someone and wasnt the college type. To me, she was always looking for Pacey when she thought he didnt want her.

Last edited by nailpolishchick2; 03-15-2018 at 02:49 PM
Old 03-15-2018, 07:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

And to add to that:

Pacey was under extreme pressure trying to stay above water with just trying to graduate High School, he also had the realization that he wouldn't be going to College and Joey would be. Pacey always wanted the best for her and deep down his insecurities made him feel like he was good enough for her and that he may hold her back. He had said as much in an earlier episode. I think this all became a reality for him during Ditch Day and it just spiralled from there. So really it was all Pacey who was feeling he wasn't good enough, not Joey putting that on him.

I know they wanted Eddie to resemble |Pacey, but he was just so unlikable IMO that any comparison to Pacey is just wrong.
Old 03-15-2018, 08:55 PM
Addicted Fan

I agree with both posts, I just hate how plot point ridden and forced the episode is. Along with how they executed the break up. As for Eddie, I literally don't remember much about him outside of the asswipe coming back and being the reason Joey dumped Pacey. If they tried to make him another Pacey, they failed miserably. Especially when he wasn't memorable like Pacey lol.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top