Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2018, 02:43 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Damn this is hard. I guess I'll go with 18. Voting for the rest of these is going to suck so much.
Old 01-22-2018, 07:12 PM
Master Fan

Old 01-22-2018, 09:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm sticking with #20

I agree that waiting 9 months for Pacey and Joey to have sex was way too long and unrealistic. I get that it's a huge step and can be very scary, but 9 months when you are as close as Pacey and Joey were, it just seems too long. However, you have to respect Pacey for not pushing the issue with Joey. Major points for that one.

icon credit: crash landing
Old 01-23-2018, 05:41 AM
Extreme Fan

Old 01-23-2018, 12:12 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

Okay, I'll go with #9, too.

#9 - 2
#17 - 1
#18 - 1
#20 - 1
Old 01-23-2018, 04:21 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
I get that it's a huge step and can be very scary, but 9 months when you are as close as Pacey and Joey were, it just seems too long. However, you have to respect Pacey for not pushing the issue with Joey. Major points for that one.
Yes, Pacey was the perfect gentleman and the best boyfriend up until Promicide, and I blame the writers for that. I don't understand why they didn't just have him say "You know what, I'm tired of you putting your friend's feelings before mine. See ya!" If that happened I probably would have cheered because by then I was sick of it myself. But the reasons he gave were first unfair and then ridiculous. She didn't care about the corsage or the limo or anything, and she never made him feel worthless, even when they were supposed enemies. And if his feeling worthless was a result of her constantly lying to Dawson about them, he would have been able to articulate that. And in Separation Anxiety when he said he really just felt jealous of her success that was another completely out of character and totally left-field emotion. Pacey always supported Joey and he always supported Andie. Joey and Andie were overachievers from the very beginning and he never had the same academic dreams as they, so he would have no reason to be jealous. He had already told Joey he would follow her anywhere, so it's not like he knew they were going to break up when she went to college and was subconsciously trying to distance himself. Their break up was even more contrived and unbelievable than them not sleeping together for 9 months. I still hate that episode and despise the writers for what they did to them. Thankfully Kevin Williamson set it right at the end.

I pick #9.
Old 01-23-2018, 05:46 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

#9 - 3 - Eliminated

#17 - 1
#18 - 1
#20 - 1

_______

Part 1 - Best Pacey and Joey - Related Comments From Other Characters Survivor

*Vote for your least favorite comment[s]
*You may vote only once every round.
*The comment[s] will be eliminated when it has three votes or after a couple of days.
All graphics are from Tumblr and/or belong to their owners.
pacey & joey
Home > Dawson's Creek - Joshua Jackson Image Gallery - Hosted by JoshJackson.net
https://www.facebook.com/DCSource/
https://dawsonscreekdaily.tumblr.com/

Round 15

1. 3x02 - Homecoming
Eliminated Round 3

2. 3x06 - Secrets and Lies
Eliminated Round 1

3. 3x09 - Four to Tango
Eliminated Round 4

4. 3X09 - Four to Tango

PACEY: Okay, is there some sort of problem here?
DANCE INSTRUCTOR: Well, what did I say about ribcages touching?
JOEY: No, sorry.
PACEY: It’s just not gonna happen, alright?
DANCE INSTRUCTOR: Right. You see what I mean? See the hostility, the way they’re wary with each other. Not to mention the whole bickering and name calling. Now these two clearly are in the early stages of some screwball mating ritual.
PACEY: What?
JOEY: Okay, you got it all wrong lady.
PACEY: Completely!
JOEY: Actually, you could not be more wrong.
DANCE INSTRUCTOR: There’s enough sexual tension here to power a Kiss reunion tour. I can’t remember the last time I saw dancing this bad. True.
DAWSON: Wait a minute, you think just because they can’t dance, they’re-
DANCE INSTRUCTOR: Well, it’s this theory that I’ve developed by some years of experience. if people dance that badly they’re usually hot for each other. The dancing doesn’t lie.

5. 3x09 - Four to Tango
Eliminated Round 2

6. 3x09 - Four to Tango
Eliminated Round 13

7. 3x12 - Weekend In the Country

8. 3x12 - Weekend In the Country
Eliminated Round 12

9. 3x14 - Valentine's Day Massacre
Eliminated Round 14

10. 3x14 - Valentine's Day Massacre

Doug: Huh. Yeah, maybe...Look, Pacey, uh... in my experience, you don't come across that many people with the ability to give you butterflies. You just don't. And if you don't tell this girl how you feel, well, it'll be like spending the rest of your life in your own personal prison.

11. 3x15 - Crime and Punishment
Eliminated Round 2

12. 3x15 - Crime and Punishment
Eliminated Round 10

13. To Green, With Love
Eliminated Round 5

14. 3x16 - To Green, With Love
Eliminated Round 11

15. 3x17 - Cinderella Story
Eliminated Round 7

16. 3x17 - Cinderella Story
Eliminated Round 9

17. 3x18 - Neverland

18. 3x18 - Neverland

Joey: Weird night, huh?
Jen: Yeah, I'd say.
Joey: I was talking to Bessie the other day and... She told me to talk to somebody about this and... I can't believe I'm telling you, but... Pacey kissed me the other day.
Jen: Yeah, I figured this thing would come to a head sooner or later.
Joey: Nothing came to a head. I mean, there is no thing. I'm just freaked out and angry, and I don't understand why he would do something like this. I mean, it came out of nowhere, and...
Jen: Well, if it came out of nowhere, then how come I'm not surprised? You should ask yourself, Joey, if this is really nothing... Then why are you so upset and so confused?

19. 3x18 - Neverland
Eliminated Round 6

20. 3x21 - Show Me Love

21. 3x23 - True Love
Eliminated Round 8

Old 01-23-2018, 06:46 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Old 01-23-2018, 08:11 PM
Master Fan

Old 01-23-2018, 11:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azaiya (View Post)
Yes, Pacey was the perfect gentleman and the best boyfriend up until Promicide, and I blame the writers for that. I don't understand why they didn't just have him say "You know what, I'm tired of you putting your friend's feelings before mine. See ya!" If that happened I probably would have cheered because by then I was sick of it myself. But the reasons he gave were first unfair and then ridiculous. She didn't care about the corsage or the limo or anything, and she never made him feel worthless, even when they were supposed enemies. And if his feeling worthless was a result of her constantly lying to Dawson about them, he would have been able to articulate that. And in Separation Anxiety when he said he really just felt jealous of her success that was another completely out of character and totally left-field emotion. Pacey always supported Joey and he always supported Andie. Joey and Andie were overachievers from the very beginning and he never had the same academic dreams as they, so he would have no reason to be jealous. He had already told Joey he would follow her anywhere, so it's not like he knew they were going to break up when she went to college and was subconsciously trying to distance himself. Their break up was even more contrived and unbelievable than them not sleeping together for 9 months. I still hate that episode and despise the writers for what they did to them. Thankfully Kevin Williamson set it right at the end.
You raise some very valid points here and I have to agree.

I'm going with #20 again

icon credit: crash landing
Old 01-23-2018, 11:12 PM
Part-Time Fan

Old 01-23-2018, 11:16 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azaiya (View Post)

I pick #9.

I totally agree. I think this was bad writing. And it still hurts to watch that episode
Old 01-24-2018, 05:44 AM
Extreme Fan

the real tragedy is that Josh Jackson and Katie Holmes acted the heck out of that crappy script.
Old 01-24-2018, 12:34 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

#17 - 1
#18 - 3 - Eliminated

#20 - 1

_______

Part 1 - Best Pacey and Joey - Related Comments From Other Characters Survivor

*Vote for your least favorite comment[s]
*You may vote only once every round.
*The comment[s] will be eliminated when it has three votes or after a couple of days.
All graphics are from Tumblr and/or belong to their owners.
pacey & joey
Home > Dawson's Creek - Joshua Jackson Image Gallery - Hosted by JoshJackson.net
https://www.facebook.com/DCSource/
https://dawsonscreekdaily.tumblr.com/

Round 16

1. 3x02 - Homecoming
Eliminated Round 3

2. 3x06 - Secrets and Lies
Eliminated Round 1

3. 3x09 - Four to Tango
Eliminated Round 4

4. 3X09 - Four to Tango

PACEY: Okay, is there some sort of problem here?
DANCE INSTRUCTOR: Well, what did I say about ribcages touching?
JOEY: No, sorry.
PACEY: It’s just not gonna happen, alright?
DANCE INSTRUCTOR: Right. You see what I mean? See the hostility, the way they’re wary with each other. Not to mention the whole bickering and name calling. Now these two clearly are in the early stages of some screwball mating ritual.
PACEY: What?
JOEY: Okay, you got it all wrong lady.
PACEY: Completely!
JOEY: Actually, you could not be more wrong.
DANCE INSTRUCTOR: There’s enough sexual tension here to power a Kiss reunion tour. I can’t remember the last time I saw dancing this bad. True.
DAWSON: Wait a minute, you think just because they can’t dance, they’re-
DANCE INSTRUCTOR: Well, it’s this theory that I’ve developed by some years of experience. if people dance that badly they’re usually hot for each other. The dancing doesn’t lie.

5. 3x09 - Four to Tango
Eliminated Round 2

6. 3x09 - Four to Tango
Eliminated Round 13

7. 3x12 - Weekend In the Country

8. 3x12 - Weekend In the Country
Eliminated Round 12

9. 3x14 - Valentine's Day Massacre
Eliminated Round 14

10. 3x14 - Valentine's Day Massacre

Doug: Huh. Yeah, maybe...Look, Pacey, uh... in my experience, you don't come across that many people with the ability to give you butterflies. You just don't. And if you don't tell this girl how you feel, well, it'll be like spending the rest of your life in your own personal prison.

11. 3x15 - Crime and Punishment
Eliminated Round 2

12. 3x15 - Crime and Punishment
Eliminated Round 10

13. To Green, With Love
Eliminated Round 5

14. 3x16 - To Green, With Love
Eliminated Round 11

15. 3x17 - Cinderella Story
Eliminated Round 7

16. 3x17 - Cinderella Story
Eliminated Round 9