Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2018, 03:31 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Aww that pic is so cute.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 01-21-2018, 09:58 AM
Extreme Fan

I loved Pacey/Jen and it always struck me as super weird they didn't have sex - but I always felt the show had a very conservative attitude towards sex in general. To me, if Pacey and Jen had had sex, I don't think it would have cheapened anything. Sometimes sex isn't the huge life changing morality play Dawson's Creek often made it. But then again I also wonder why Pacey and Joey never had sex on the boat.
Old 01-21-2018, 10:26 AM
Elite Fan

I will go with 14

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
Old 01-21-2018, 01:13 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

#14 for me.

#8 - 2
#14- 3 - Eliminated

#20 - 1
________
_______

Part 1 - Best Pacey and Joey - Related Comments From Other Characters Survivor

*Vote for your least favorite comment[s]
*You may vote only once every round.
*The comment[s] will be eliminated when it has three votes or after a couple of days.
All graphics are from Tumblr and/or belong to their owners.
pacey & joey
Home > Dawson's Creek - Joshua Jackson Image Gallery - Hosted by JoshJackson.net
https://www.facebook.com/DCSource/
https://dawsonscreekdaily.tumblr.com/

Round 12

1. 3x02 - Homecoming
Eliminated Round 3

2. 3x06 - Secrets and Lies
Eliminated Round 1

3. 3x09 - Four to Tango
Eliminated Round 4

4. 3X09 - Four to Tango

PACEY: Okay, is there some sort of problem here?
DANCE INSTRUCTOR: Well, what did I say about ribcages touching?
JOEY: No, sorry.
PACEY: It’s just not gonna happen, alright?
DANCE INSTRUCTOR: Right. You see what I mean? See the hostility, the way they’re wary with each other. Not to mention the whole bickering and name calling. Now these two clearly are in the early stages of some screwball mating ritual.
PACEY: What?
JOEY: Okay, you got it all wrong lady.
PACEY: Completely!
JOEY: Actually, you could not be more wrong.
DANCE INSTRUCTOR: There’s enough sexual tension here to power a Kiss reunion tour. I can’t remember the last time I saw dancing this bad. True.
DAWSON: Wait a minute, you think just because they can’t dance, they’re-
DANCE INSTRUCTOR: Well, it’s this theory that I’ve developed by some years of experience. if people dance that badly they’re usually hot for each other. The dancing doesn’t lie.

5. 3x09 - Four to Tango
Eliminated Round 2

6. 3x09 - Four to Tango

JEN: Funny, you went to her.
PACEY: Well, I wouldn’t say that I went to her. She just kinda happened to be there. We were studying.
JEN: Could I ask you something, Pacey? What is it about her? She’s obviously got something that makes...
comfypants:
PACEY: Well, I wouldn’t say that I went to her. She just kinda happened to be there. We were studying.
JEN: Could I ask you something, Pacey? What is it about her? She’s obviously got something that makes boys in emotional turmoil just flock to her.
PACEY: Come again?
JEN: Come on. Dawson’s the same way. Whatever small problem got to him, he went straight to Joey.
PACEY: So, who else would you have me talk to? I mean, I can’t exactly go to Andie with something like this, so I suppose I’m supposed to commune with Deputy Doug then?
JEN: Dawson. Why couldn’t you just go to Dawson? Unless of course you now feel uncomfortable talking to him about your sex life considering-
PACEY: Considering what?
JEN: Your current girl Friday used to be his.
PACEY: Okay. Correct me if I’m wrong, but Dawson Leery didn’t actually know about you and I till what? Two minutes ago?
JEN: I’m not talking about us.
PACEY: What, Joey? This has nothing to do with Joey!
JEN: Pacey, I saw the way you overreacted to Dawson, I saw the way that Joey overreacted to us. I know that you’re having trouble in Math these days, but it doesn’t take Einstein to get the sum total of these two overreactions.
PACEY: You’re gonna have to explain this one to me, because I gotta be missing something here. You’re talking about Joey Potter, right? The one who can’t walk into the same room with me without gagging. Huh? That Joey Potter? There is nothing going on between us!

7. 3x12 - Weekend In the Country

8. 3x12 - Weekend In the Country

Dawson: Yeah, you concocted this whole metamorphosis. You used to be glib and predictable. I don't know, I mean I thought it was, you know, your relationship with Andie, but now you're not with her and still... I guess what I'm trying to say is, thank you.
Pacey: For what, man?
Dawson: For doing what I asked you to do: taking care of Joey. You really went above and beyond the call. I mean, you did something really special for her. I'm glad she has you.
Pacey: Let me tell you something, Man. It's no picnic, okay? That Potter girl, she ain't easy, alright? She's physically incapable of keeping her mouth shut for more than two seconds at a time. She's got an opinion about everything. I mean, it's uncanny, alright? So anytime you want to jump back in there, you just let me know, because I am eager to return to our regularly scheduled programming. That glib enough for ya?

9. 3x14 - Valentine's Day Massacre

Joey: How does he do it?
Andie: Who, Dawson?
Joey: No, Pacey. How does he always manage to get us into these situations?
Andie: It's his cocky charm.
Joey: Cocky, yes, but I don't t think the village idiot routine equals charm.
Andie: Well, he means well.
Joey: Why is he so irritating?
Andie: If you think about it, I mean, he is just this big, dopey dog. Joey: You re right. , It's like he runs through the house destroying everything in his path, and then he looks up at you like, what did you expect? I'm just a dog.
Andie: Mm-hmm. Heh. You know who you sound like?
Joey: Who?
Andie: Me...Right before I started dating him.

10. 3x14 - Valentine's Day Massacre

Doug: Huh. Yeah, maybe...Look, Pacey, uh... in my experience, you don't come across that many people with the ability to give you butterflies. You just don't. And if you don't tell this girl how you feel, well, it'll be like spending the rest of your life in your own personal prison.

11. 3x15 - Crime and Punishment
Eliminated Round 2

12. 3x15 - Crime and Punishment
Eliminated Round 10

13. To Green, With Love
Eliminated Round 5

14. 3x16 - To Green, With Love
Eliminated Round 11

15. 3x17 - Cinderella Story
Eliminated Round 7

16. 3x17 - Cinderella Story
Eliminated Round 9

17. 3x18 - Neverland

18. 3x18 - Neverland

Joey: Weird night, huh?
Jen: Yeah, I'd say.
Joey: I was talking to Bessie the other day and... She told me to talk to somebody about this and... I can't believe I'm telling you, but... Pacey kissed me the other day.
Jen: Yeah, I figured this thing would come to a head sooner or later.
Joey: Nothing came to a head. I mean, there is no thing. I'm just freaked out and angry, and I don't understand why he would do something like this. I mean, it came out of nowhere, and...
Jen: Well, if it came out of nowhere, then how come I'm not surprised? You should ask yourself, Joey, if this is really nothing... Then why are you so upset and so confused?

19. 3x18 - Neverland
Eliminated Round 6

20. 3x21 - Show Me Love

21. 3x23 - True Love
Eliminated Round 8

Old 01-21-2018, 01:20 PM
Master Fan

Old 01-21-2018, 02:45 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Yeah, realistically I think Joey would of lost her virginity on the boat. They were basically on a romantic cruise all alone for three months! Then again, that life changing change had to be onscreen lol. Going with 8 again.
Old 01-21-2018, 05:19 PM
Dedicated Fan

I agree that DC had a very conservative attitude towards sex. I know Kevin Williamson wanted the show to be the opposite of the usual teen drama but they went too far in the opposite direction. I remember when I first saw Friday Night Lights, one of the main characters was the "good girl" but there was never any issues made of her sex life. There was literally nothing said about it. It was very refreshing after seeing DC.

I used to think that Pacey and Joey should have had sex on the boat, but that was me thinking of it as a person who already lost her virginity. My virgin self would not have wanted to have my first time be on the floor of a cramped cabin! If I remember correctly from the Summer Diaries, they did spend money once to sleep at a B&B, but aside from the fact that the writers were saving Joey's first time for the screen, it is possible that after only a few weeks of togetherness only heavy petting would have gone on.

What really isn't realistic is how long it took to happen. That's what I didn't like about season 4. Her guilt over betraying Dawson by having a relationship with his friend would not have been such an issue in her and Pacey's relationship IRL. It just wouldn't have. I get in the awkwardness she felt having Dawson see them hold hands or kiss in the first two episodes, but by episode 10 when Bessie and Bodie left them alone with Alexander for 3 nights, they should have had sex by then. Joey did love Pacey and they did have sexual chemistry, so any other healthy teenaged couple in that situation would have been going at it at least one of those nights. I can't believe he wouldn't have slept over, or that he wouldn't have tried anything, or that Joey would have stopped him if he had. In the episode when she went to the clinic to get birth control and that counselor very unrealistically freaked her out, she needed clarification when the counselor asked if she was sexually active. Joey is no idiot, so I always took that to mean she and Pacey did everything couples do except actual intercourse. Couples with that much sexual chemistry -- especially couples in love with that much sexual chemistry -- don't stay on third base for 9 months. They just don't. The writers dropped the ball on that one.

I vote for #8 again too.
Old 01-21-2018, 05:31 PM
Elite Fan

Azaiya, I noticed that too in the scenes with the lady from the clinic she was like "What do you mean?"

Old 01-21-2018, 07:14 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

#8 - 3 - Eliminated

_______

*The comment[s] will be eliminated when it has three votes or after a couple of days.
pacey & joey
Home > Dawson's Creek - Joshua Jackson Image Gallery - Hosted by JoshJackson.net

Round 13

1. 3x02 - Homecoming
Eliminated Round 3

Eliminated Round 1

3. 3x09 - Four to Tango
Eliminated Round 4

4. 3X09 - Four to Tango

DANCE INSTRUCTOR: Right. You see what I mean? See the hostility, the way they’re wary with each other. Not to mention the whole bickering and name calling. Now these two clearly are in the early stages of some screwball mating ritual.
DANCE INSTRUCTOR: There’s enough sexual tension here to power a Kiss reunion tour. I can’t remember the last time I saw dancing this bad. True.
DANCE INSTRUCTOR: Well, it’s this theory that I’ve developed by some years of experience. if people dance that badly they’re usually hot for each other. The dancing doesn’t lie.

5. 3x09 - Four to Tango
Eliminated Round 2

6. 3x09 - Four to Tango

JEN: Could I ask you something, Pacey? What is it about her? She’s obviously got something that makes...
comfypants:
JEN: Could I ask you something, Pacey? What is it about her? She’s obviously got something that makes boys in emotional turmoil just flock to her.
PACEY: Come again?
JEN: Come on. Dawson’s the same way. Whatever small problem got to him, he went straight to Joey.
PACEY: So, who else would you have me talk to? I mean, I can’t exactly go to Andie with something like this, so I suppose I’m supposed to commune with Deputy Doug then?
JEN: Dawson. Why couldn’t you just go to Dawson? Unless of course you now feel uncomfortable talking to him about your sex life considering-
PACEY: Considering what?
JEN: Your current girl Friday used to be his.
PACEY: Okay. Correct me if I’m wrong, but Dawson Leery didn’t actually know about you and I till what? Two minutes ago?
JEN: I’m not talking about us.
PACEY: What, Joey? This has nothing to do with Joey!
JEN: Pacey, I saw the way you overreacted to Dawson, I saw the way that Joey overreacted to us. I know that you’re having trouble in Math these days, but it doesn’t take Einstein to get the sum total of these two overreactions.
PACEY: You’re gonna have to explain this one to me, because I gotta be missing something here. You’re talking about Joey Potter, right? The one who can’t walk into the same room with me without gagging. Huh? That Joey Potter? There is nothing going on between us!

Eliminated Round 12

Andie: If you think about it, I mean, he is just this big, dopey dog. Joey: You re right. , It's like he runs through the house destroying everything in his path, and then he looks up at you like, what did you expect? I'm just a dog.

Doug: Huh. Yeah, maybe...Look, Pacey, uh... in my experience, you don't come across that many people with the ability to give you butterflies. You just don't. And if you don't tell this girl how you feel, well, it'll be like spending the rest of your life in your own personal prison.

Eliminated Round 2

Eliminated Round 10

13. To Green, With Love
Eliminated Round 5

Eliminated Round 11

Eliminated Round 7

Eliminated Round 9

17. 3x18 - Neverland

18. 3x18 - Neverland

Joey: I was talking to Bessie the other day and... She told me to talk to somebody about this and... I can't believe I'm telling you, but... Pacey kissed me the other day.
Joey: Nothing came to a head. I mean, there is no thing. I'm just freaked out and angry, and I don't understand why he would do something like this. I mean, it came out of nowhere, and...
Jen: Well, if it came out of nowhere, then how come I'm not surprised? You should ask yourself, Joey, if this is really nothing... Then why are you so upset and so confused?

19. 3x18 - Neverland
Eliminated Round 6

20. 3x21 - Show Me Love

21. 3x23 - True Love
Eliminated Round 8

Last edited by ChristinaL80; 01-21-2018 at 08:04 PM
Old 01-21-2018, 07:54 PM
Master Fan

#6 for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azaiya (View Post)
I agree that DC had a very conservative attitude towards sex. I know Kevin Williamson wanted the show to be the opposite of the usual teen drama but they went too far in the opposite direction. I remember when I first saw Friday Night Lights, one of the main characters was the "good girl" but there was never any issues made of her sex life. There was literally nothing said about it. It was very refreshing after seeing DC.

I used to think that Pacey and Joey should have had sex on the boat, but that was me thinking of it as a person who already lost her virginity. My virgin self would not have wanted to have my first time be on the floor of a cramped cabin! If I remember correctly from the Summer Diaries, they did spend money once to sleep at a B&B, but aside from the fact that the writers were saving Joey's first time for the screen, it is possible that after only a few weeks of togetherness only heavy petting would have gone on.

What really isn't realistic is how long it took to happen. That's what I didn't like about season 4. Her guilt over betraying Dawson by having a relationship with his friend would not have been such an issue in her and Pacey's relationship IRL. It just wouldn't have. I get in the awkwardness she felt having Dawson see them hold hands or kiss in the first two episodes, but by episode 10 when Bessie and Bodie left them alone with Alexander for 3 nights, they should have had sex by then. Joey did love Pacey and they did have sexual chemistry, so any other healthy teenaged couple in that situation would have been going at it at least one of those nights. I can't believe he wouldn't have slept over, or that he wouldn't have tried anything, or that Joey would have stopped him if he had. In the episode when she went to the clinic to get birth control and that counselor very unrealistically freaked her out, she needed clarification when the counselor asked if she was sexually active. Joey is no idiot, so I always took that to mean she and Pacey did everything couples do except actual intercourse. Couples with that much sexual chemistry -- especially couples in love with that much sexual chemistry -- don't stay on third base for 9 months. They just don't. The writers dropped the ball on that one.

I vote for #8 again too.
I think a part of it was that they lived in a conservative town, and even though their group was more liberal (or moderate, depending) then the other conservative people in that town, they still grew up in a conservative small town.

Except for Pacey, they were all a little conservative when it came to sex. (And I don't include Jen in this because she grew up in NYC, not Capeside.)

That's why people like Jen, Pacey, Abby, Drew, etc were so "scandalous" on the show, imo.

And Joey was very...I hate to say prudish because I think that term is so...unfair, but sex to her was very, very important. I think part of that could have been from growing up in that town, a part of it could have just been who she was. Sometimes I wonder if she was a straight demisexual person - like she had to have an emotional connection before she had sex with a guy (and I wonder if she didn't feel attraction to them until she had feelings for them, as that is how demisexuality works).

But anyway, I do think that even then, she and Pacey irl would have had sex over their summer together, maybe towards the end of it, but still. I mean, I always imagined a small bed down there (why they got hammocks, idk), but anyway yeah I do agree that they waited too long on Pacey/Joey having sex.

I feel like it was a combination of them taking the absolute importance Joey puts on sex (and I think maybe a part of her hang up that season was maybe being scared of getting pregnant, because of what happened with her sister. Not that Bessie got pregnant in high school, but I feel like she saw Bessie kind of tied to Capeside because she had a kid - like even when Joey was gone, Bessie would have to stay in Capeside - and she was scared of that, because all she wanted to do was get out of Capeside) and making her WAY, WAY too worried about Dawson's feelings.

She felt guilty, she apologized, but really she shouldn't have felt as guilty as she did for being with a man she loved, when she never even cheated on Dawson with him, at all, and it really was none of Dawson's business. The episode where Dawson's even feels he has to the right to ask her if they had sex, and her lying to him about it, still pisses me off to this day.

And given that she tells him the truth two eps later, all it did was just add fuel to the fire of Pacey's insecurities and hurt that led to their break-up.

It was all very frustrating, to say the least. (Even though once they DID do it, it was beautiful).
Old 01-21-2018, 11:16 PM
Part-Time Fan

Old 01-21-2018, 11:43 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Old 01-22-2018, 05:11 AM
Elite Fan

There are too many good choices left

Old 01-22-2018, 05:26 AM
Extreme Fan

I think it was the writing that was prudish and conservative, not being raised in Capeside.

I also think they could have had sex on the boat or right after and still had it happen on screen. They could have it done through flashbacks (and I would have been perfectly fine with them ditching that Andie story in the season opening.)

Even if a lot of us assume they got all the way to third base, on the show, all we saw was clothed making out and then they stopped.

It just felt so artificial - Pacey was the picture of kindness, he never rushed her, he was obviously responsible. Joey could not have had a better partner for her first time. He had so much respect for her. It was an ideal story of how things "should" happen. Except then it was drawn out to, as I was saying, artificial contrived lengths as other have said.
Old 01-22-2018, 12:12 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

#6- 4 - Eliminated

_______

pacey & joey

Round 14

1. 3x02 - Homecoming
Eliminated Round 3

Eliminated Round 1

3. 3x09 - Four to Tango
Eliminated Round 4

4. 3X09 - Four to Tango

5. 3x09 - Four to Tango
Eliminated Round 2

6. 3x09 - Four to Tango
Eliminated Round 13

Eliminated Round 12

Eliminated Round 2

Eliminated Round 10

13. To Green, With Love
Eliminated Round 5

Eliminated Round 11

Eliminated Round 7

Eliminated Round 9

17. 3x18 - Neverland

18. 3x18 - Neverland

19. 3x18 - Neverland
Eliminated Round 6

20. 3x21 - Show Me Love

21. 3x23 - True Love
Eliminated Round 8