Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2017, 08:01 PM
Elite Fan

agree. It was KW who wanted Jen to die, not MW according to the link. She also wanted to know how they could do a reunion with Jen being dead. I am glad KW said he didn't want to do one. I don't want them messing up the PJ ending

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
Old 01-03-2017, 09:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Those two videos were amazing, especially the first one.

icon credit: crash landing
Old 01-03-2017, 10:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

I love those videos.
I am an original”
Old 01-04-2017, 01:48 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

Love when I see new videos.
Old 01-04-2017, 08:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

I do too.
I am an original”
Old 01-04-2017, 11:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I had to come back here and watch that first video again. And then of course ended up watching both.

Last edited by JJH85; 01-04-2017 at 11:53 PM
Old 01-05-2017, 12:20 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
I had to come back here and watch that first video again. And then of course ended up watching both.
I watched that first vid a few times, too.
Old 01-05-2017, 08:06 PM
Dedicated Fan

Hey guys!

Happy New Year, I hope everyone is well! I began watching the reruns on POP so of course I had to come here and check in. I have to say, I really do love the first season. The writing was really great and Old Joey was the best, and it always amazes me just how much unintentional foreshadowing of the P/J relationship is there. Of course KW didn't dream of it, so foreshadowing isn't even the right word, but one would think the seeds were planted from the beginning! I should have wrote it down as I was watching, because of course now I can't remember each instance, but I loved when Joey said a girl wasn't always going to go for the guy who wooed her with flowers, and that Dawson and Pacey never competed because Dawson didn't like to lose. She then pointed out that she thought Pacey had bigger biceps than him. Lol! There were so many little things like that.

There was also Pacey's insecurity about Joey and Dawson. At the time it was apt, but after Pacey kissed Joey he said "If you kissed me back, you probably would have been thinking of someone else right?" Even without Joey being so annoyingly obsessive about not hurting Dawson's feelings in season 4, poor Pacey felt like he came in second from the very beginning. As harsh and unexpected as their break-up was, I firmly believe they needed it if they were going to have a healthy relationship later on. I was watching Castaways at the doctor's office earlier, and I'm so grateful for that episode, their argument was past due and they said everything that needed to be said. (And of course WE needed it as well! I can't imagine an episode with any other two characters being so much fun! Like, for real! ) Regardless of how or why Kevin Williamson wrote the finale the way he did, but he absolutely made the right choice. Anything else just wouldn't have rung true, and it's very telling that he himself said the same thing.

Lastly, before I go to bed, I wanted to say thank you all so much for keeping this thread alive! And thank you for posting those videos, Christina! I LOVE the first one. I'm out of the loop so I've never heard that song River before, but I love it too! I had to download it! I watched the official video but really, the P/J video fits the song waaay better! I've watched it 3 times already, that was a great find!
Old 01-05-2017, 09:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey back and welcome back to the Board.

I know what you mean about the foreshadowing in S1 even though it wasn't intentional. We also can't forget Joey noticing Pacey's throbbing neck muscles either, so that makes her admiring his neck muscles and his biceps. Then if you watch Detention, you can see a little reaction from her when they are talking about Pacey's butt.

I also agree with the comment about no other ending ringing true. As great as Joey and Dawson's friendship was, their love story wasn't as epic as Pacey and Joey's and it just felt right when they ended up together. I personally felt they should have gotten together after the Castaways episode and stayed together, but I understand why they had to deflect us away from that.

KW and the other writers couldn't ignore the chemistry between Josh and Katie which was so evident onscreen and they used that for most of their scenes. If you watch their intimate scenes, they zoom right in on the two of them, but if you watch Joey with her other love interests, they use different camera angles to make it appear like they are closer and just as intimate, but it just can't compare to PJo.

I mean just look at them

And I'm putting this one here because of Joey's reaction. She always had quite the reaction after kissing Pacey which I never felt were quite the same with anyone else.

And you don't produce tongue if it's not a real kiss IMO.

Joey is holding his hand and pulling on his jacket, so yeah, I'd say she's into it.

Last edited by JJH85; 01-05-2017 at 09:57 PM
Old 01-05-2017, 09:17 PM
Elite Fan

nice hearing from you Azaiya

I agree there were planted seeds in season 1. When Joey is drunk, she was flirting with Pacey and said she doesn't say it enough, but he's a terrific friend. in her subconscious, she was attracted to him and liked him

Old 01-05-2017, 10:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
I watched them a few times too.
I am an original”
Old 01-06-2017, 12:33 AM
Cardcaptor Queen

Their kisses are the best, that's why that kiss survivor was so damn hard
Old 01-06-2017, 05:38 AM
Elite Fan

JJH85, thanks so much for the kiss pics and the comments. I like the after reaction kiss pics like you posted from CH

good point about the throbbing neck muscles. At the end of Detention, she's talking about how she'll probably end up sleeping with the guys with the guys with the big cars and bigger biceps. She just said earlier that Pacey had the bigger biceps

Old 01-06-2017, 06:24 AM
Extreme Fan

All the unintentional but real foreshadowing in s1 really pays off when we get to s3. The triangle might be the oldest story ever, but I still maintain DC did it incredibly well. Waiting until s3 meant that we saw the connections between all three. I love s3 best, I think, even if there are other seasons with episodes I love more (hello castaways!) but taking the whole season, s3 wins. Especially because it has the perfect ending.
Old 01-06-2017, 11:58 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

Welcome back, Azaiya. There's so many little things between PJ in S1 that I just love. Intentional or not, their story wouldn't be as great and as epic without them.

I never heard the song River before, either, but I love it and I agree it fits Pacey and Joey perfectly.

Quote:
KW and the other writers couldn't ignore the chemistry between Josh and Katie which was so evident onscreen and they used that for most of their scenes. If you watch their intimate scenes, they zoom right in on the two of them, but if you watch Joey with her other love interests, they use different camera angles to make it appear like they are closer and just as intimate, but it just can't compare to PJo.
Interesting take on the camera angles. I will pay attention as I watch in a different way now. Love the pics! They do zoom in very close in a lot of their kissing scenes, don't they?