Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2016, 08:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkson_fan (View Post)
#15 I just don't think there is a lot to #15. I know what Joey says is important and it's a sweet moment but it doesn't feel like a huge heart-to-heart moment between them for me.
I agree, so I guess I will go with #15 again.

icon credit: crash landing
Old 11-26-2016, 10:42 PM
Passionate Fan

19 for me.

I cant let go of 5 yet. I loveeeeed that scene. It was the start of a new journey between them
Old 11-26-2016, 11:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

I am an original”
Old 11-27-2016, 09:19 AM
Extreme Fan

I'm voting for 5. it's not really underrated for me, and I can't see it in the top 10.
Old 11-27-2016, 09:46 AM
Elite Fan

I will go with 5

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
Old 11-27-2016, 05:18 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

#5 - 2
#15 -2
#19 - 3 - Eliminated

Best Pacey and Joey Heart-To-Heart Survivor

*Vote for your least favorite heart-to-heart talk.
*You may vote only once every round.
*A talk will be eliminated when it has three votes or after a couple of days.
All graphics are from Tumblr and belong to their owners.
pacey & joey
Home > Dawson's Creek - Joshua Jackson Image Gallery - Hosted by JoshJackson.net
I'm spitting out the bitter pill.
Dawson's Creek Transcripts Index - Forever Dreaming

Round 11

1. 1x06 - Baby
Eliminated Round 5

2. 1x10 - Double Date

JOEY: Look around you, Pacey. I mean, look at what my life is. I’m a boarder in my sister’s house, I share my bedroom with the living room, and my social life consists of a part-time job. As far as I can tell there are only two ways to make my life better. And the one that doesn’t involve waking up and discovering it’s all been a dream involves a college scholarship. When I apply I better have the grades that don’t give them a choice because a scholarship is pretty much my only way out of Capeside. And if I don’t get out of here, Pacey, well, it’ll be a sadder story than I care to imagine. Okay?
PACEY: You don’t have to worry, Jo. You’re going to make it out of here. You’re going to go to some great school and send me postcards back here where I’ll be tending bar or pumping gas.
JOEY: Come on, Pacey. You’ll get out too.
PACEY: Yeah, if the circus is hiring. I'll tell you what, though, don't bet against that Potter girl.

3. 1x13 - Decisions

Joey:* Sorry Pacey. Kitchen’s closed.
Pacey:* Please don’t make me eat dinner with the Stepford family.
Joey:* Uh oh trouble in paradise? Maybe I could scrape something up. I think I saw some rat droppings behind the oven.
Pacey:* Great I’ll take them. Just pop them in the microwave. Warm them up for me.
Joey: That was weird. For a second there I was overcome with this wave of sympathy for you. It’ll pass.
Pacey:* Tell me something, Jo. You have a habit of being annoyingly honest with me. When was it that I got designated a town loser? I mean, I know I’ve done some stupid things in my life but what was it exactly pushed me over the edge to being a walking, talking embarrassment to my perfect family?
Joey:* You’re not an embarrassment to your family, Pacey.
Pacey:* According to Deputy Doug I am.
Joey:* Well, at least your whole family isn’t an embarrassment. I just got back from visiting my dad.
Pacey:* How’d it go?
Pacey:* Fathers are weird creatures, you know that? When I was 8 years old, I used to play PeeWee baseball. We had this huge game at the end of the season. It was 2 outs, bottom of the ninth, and I was up to bat. I struck out. Anyway, we get home and my dad just proceeds to reen me. Tell me what a loser I am and what a disgrace I am to the whole family and town for losing the game. Next morning I go down to breakfast, and I overhear my dad relaying the events of the game to my brother. I heard him say to him, ‘At least I have you.’ I never told anybody this but I wish I’d never heard him say that.
Joey:* Well, maybe you should have a talk with your father. You know, tell him that he hurt you.
Pacey:* Is that what you did?
Joey:* No, but I’m going to.
Pacey: Yeah?
Joey: No, I mean tonight. I’m going to go back there tonight. I have to go back and see him.
Pacey: Sorry but the buses don’t run this late.
Joey: Well, can you help me? I mean, when have I ever asked you for a favor? I mean, can’t you steal your dad’s car or something?
Pacey: I prefer to call it borrowing, but sure.
Joey: Thank you.

4. 2x16 - Be Careful What You Wish For
Eliminated Round 1

5. 3x01 - Like A Virgin

Joey: He told you, didn’t he?
Pacey: What do you think?
Joey: I think I hate you both?
Pacey: Well, then you’re really gonna hate me when you hear what I have to say.. He
did the right thing. The two of you need to be apart right now.
Joey: How would you know what I need?
Pacey: Yeah, you know you’re probably right. How could I possibly know how hard it is to let somebody go, right? The pain of knowing that even though you’re right for each other, that doesn’t necessarily mean that you’re right for each other right now. But what would I know about that, right? How could I possibly know that sometimes it just makes you wanna scream, hit somebody, sit down at the end of a dock and cry?*
Joey: Of all the people to see me like this, it had to be you.
Pacey: It’s a new year. Who knows? You and I might even become friends.
Joey: Pacey, I'm upset enough as it is.
Pacey: Hey Potter. C'mere.

6. 3x02 - Homecoming
Eliminated Round 5

7. 3x03 - None of the Above

JOEY; Here, I brought you a Pepsi.
PACEY; No, thanks, I’m not thirsty.
JOEY; It’s for your lip, moron, in lieu of ice.
PACEY; I can’t believe he thought I took it.
JOEY; So what, Pacey?
PACEY; I thought if I’d earned anyone’s respect, it was Dawson’s. I mean, if the guy who knows you better than anyone on earth thinks you’re a loser, then maybe…
JOEY; Then maybe you are one? C’mon. I mean, I thought you were a loser for years, but you’ve never believed me. [they share a smile]
PACEY; It’s just, you know, when does a person start believing the general consensus about themselves?
JOEY; When it’s right.

8. 3x09 - Four To Tango
Eliminated Round 7

9. 3x13 - Northern Lights

Pacey*: He kissed you, didn’t he?
Joey*: What makes you say that?
Pacey*: He’d have to be a moron not to. And your lipstick is smeared all over your face.
Joey*: That’s what I get for letting Bessie talk me into Very Berry, I guess.
Pacey*: So are you gonna see this guy again?
Joey*: I don’t know. I mean, what’s the point? I mean, he’s older than me. He’s smarter than me. And he lives far away, a very not-insignificant problem seeing as how I can’t even drive yet. How could I ever feel about him the way that I…?
Pacey*: Feel about Dawson.
Joey*: No, I was actually going to say ‘felt.’
Pacey*: Want to know something, Miss Josephine Potter? I think the world may just surprise you yet. You fall in love and it doesn’t work out and you think it’ll never happen again, but it does. Believe me, it does, in the strangest of places.

10. 3x16 - Crime and Punishment

Joey: You bought me a wall?
Pacey: Not bought, rented. And this thing didn’t come cheap, either. It cost me 100 bucks.
Pacey: You said that already. Look, it’s a limited time offer, so you should get cracking.
Joey: Pacey, did you fail to notice the size of this thing?
Pacey: I just thought your next endeavor should be bigger and better than your last one. I’m supporting you, you keep on growing both as a person and as an artist. I also got you this, (holding up a can of paint) now I know it’s not going to cover the whole thing, but as the saying goes, ‘The journey of 1,000 miles begins with a single step.’
Joey: Well, I’m gonna need your help on this one.
Pacey: No, no, no, no. Not this time. You’re on your own, sister.
Joey: Pacey, you’re unbelievable. I mean, as soon as I think I’ve got you all figured out, you go and you do something so outrageous that, it completely challenges me in a way that no one else would even think of. In case I don’t say it enough, thank you.
Pacey: It’s about time, Potter. It’s about time.

11. 4x02 - Falling Down

Joey: We spent 3 months on the sea, but we haven’t even come to close to weathering the storm. We ran away. We made our own reality and it was so wonderful but..
Pacey: But it couldn’t last forever.
Joey: Nor should it. Pacey, a relationship isn’t about a romantic 3-month cruise. It’s gonna be the details that define us.. the moments.
Pacey: Okay. Joey, I am really scared. I think that I screwed up and I’m gonna flunk out of high school. So, I need your help. Really badly.
Joey: That’s all you needed to say, Pace.
Pacey: Easy for you to say.
Joey: Whatever it takes, we’re gonna fix it. Everything’s gonna be okay.
Pacey: How can you be sure?
Joey: I’m not going anywhere without you

12. 4x04 - Future Tense

JOEY: Pacey. I’ve been doing some thinking.
PACEY: Yeah. Drunk thinking.
JOEY: Maybe… Maybe that’s not what I really want. Maybe I just wanna stay here. You know? I mean, look it’s- it’s really beautiful here and… and I can just-
PACEY: Just what? Stay here and work as a waitress all your life? Come on. I mean, forgive me if you’re losing me here, Jo, but to be perfectly honest you haven’t made the slightest bit of sense all night even before you were drunk.
JOEY: I wanna be with you, Pacey. I wanna stay and be with you.
PACEY: Well if you wanna be with me then staying here would be a really stupid idea. Considering I don’t plan to be here. I plan to be wherever you are.
JOEY: Really?
PACEY: Yes. Really.

13. 4x07 - You Had Me At Goodbye

Pacey: Jo, I’m sorry for how I reacted to the whole peer rec thing. I think it was just kind of a left-hook to the hot button and I reacted.. like Pacey.
Joey: You know who that guy you reacted like is gonna be in ten years, Pace? The person who knows me best. Dawson knows my past. My future lies with you. If you think about it you know, you didn’t even like me three years ago.
Pacey: Well, you always tease the ones you love.

14. 4x10 - Self-Reliance
Eliminated Round 9

15. 4x14 - A Winter's Tale

Joey: Hey.
Pacey: Hey. How long have you been
—Joey: long enough to remember why it is that I love you. Why every part of me loves you. [She kisses him] Hey, Pace.
Joey: You can still be upset. You can still be angry. You earned it.
Pacey: I'm not angry with you.
Joey: You are. It's ok. You have a right to be. You don't have to be perfect all the time. And me...I, uh... I don't have to be so afraid. [She kisses him again]
Pacey: What do you say you and I go in there, lock the door, cuddle up together, and then I read you a story?
Joey: Mmm... We didn't bring our book. Pacey: That's all right. I'll make one up.
Joey: I like that idea.

16. 4x17 - Admissions

Pacey: As long as we’re in the season of honesty, there’s something else I probably outta offer up.
Joey: What’s that?
Pacey: Well, as happy as I was for you, I found out you were going to Worthington, I think I was just as happy when I found out you weren’t. It’s not that I don’t want you to be able to go off and realize your dreams, Joey, because I do. But, for the first time I just felt like it was me that was holding you back from them.
Joey: Pacey, you’ve never held me back. You’ve got to stop thinking like that.
Pacey: I could stop thinking like that if you just promise me one thing. If the day ever comes, and it may come much sooner than either one of us think, but if that day ever comes, when you do feel like I was holding you back, just promise me that you’d cut me loose, yeah?
Joey: Pacey!
Pacey: Promise me that.
Joey: I won’t promise you that. You’re asking me to promise to let you go. I can’t do that.

17. 4x21 - Separation Anxiety

Pacey: When we were at that party last night, Jo, I was jealous. I wasn’t jealous of you, but I was certainly jealous of the rest of the kids who were gonna get to experience you next year. ‘Cause they’re gonna get to be with you and I’m not.
Joey: You know, I was so certain that Mr. Kubelik’s offer was the answer to all of our problems. A sign, you know?
Pacey: Yeah, I know. I know. And I think that it was a sign, just not the one that we were hoping for. But at least we got a better ending this time. I am grateful for that.
Joey: Me, too.

18. 5x03 - Capeside Revisited

Joey: (looking up at the sky) You can't see them very well, can you, at night in the city?
Pacey: (surprised, he turns around to look at her. He smiles a little and looks up at the sky.) What, the stars? Um... no, you can't see them very well, (looking at Joey) but what the hell? I've seen them all before, right?
Joey: (finally looking at him and smiling) Me, too. (he motions for her to come aboard and helps her up)
Pacey: So I'm guessing that this means that Lindley sold me out, huh? Joey: Ah, go easy on her. I saw you at the restaurant.
Pacey: Ah, yeah. My new stomping grounds.
Joey: Well, after that, she did unravel like a cheap suit.
Pacey: Which would explain why she hasn't been around to see me lately.
Joey: No, that would be because she met a guy.
Pacey: Really? That's good for her.
Joey: Yeah. So I guess, um, she's told you about these Sunday dinners we've been having.
Pacey: Uh, yeah. I seem to remember something to that effect.
Joey: Well, it's-- it's nice. I mean, we try to get together every week because it's easy to get lost in the big city.
Pacey: Well, of course it is. You don't have enough stars to guide you. Joey: You should try to come some time.
Pacey: I'll try and do that.
Joey: Because, Pace, I would-- I would hate that... you not coming had anything to do with me.
Pacey: With you?
Joey: Or this thing we shared called the romance. You know, I did really badly, and there was bitterness and tears and... recrimination. Pacey: Yeah. I think I remember that. We dated once, right?
Joey: Yeah, we did, didn't we? (she moves to the wheel and he helps her over) But, you know, I've practically forgotten now that I've slept with half the football team.
Pacey: Really? Just half? I think that shows incredible restraint on your part.
Joey: Well, I had to leave half for my roommate.
Pacey: Oh, roommate. Oh, lord. I feel sorry for this person. 24 hours a day, confined in a small space with you-- it's not healthy. (they both take a seat)
Joey: I don't snore.
Pacey: I beg to differ.
Joey: So, Pace, um... the other day, I had to read this article for biology, and it said that contrary to all previous thinking on the subject, human beings may actually be able to regrow brain cells.
Pacey: So I guess that means the whole "this is your brain on drugs" thing is moot.
Joey: I wouldn't go toking up just yet... but I think what it means is that at some point in the not-so-distant future, it may actually be possible to forget all the bad stuff and only remember the good.
Pacey: I don't know. If you ask me, I think that's already possible. So tell me some more about this new roommate of yours.
Joey: You really want to know?
Pacey: Well, of course I want to know.
Joey: No. I want to know about your job and this boat. This is one mother of a boat, Pace.
Pacey: Yeah, I know. I mean, it's not technically mine, but it's good for right now. And the job is a job, but this summer...

19. 5x10 - Appetite For Destruction
Eliminated Round 10

20. 5x11 - Something Wild

Joey: Hey!
Pacey: Hi. Do you want to play against her?
Joey: Ah...No. I'll let you enjoy the indignity.
Pacey: Thank you. So, tell me, how long after we left your room today did you run down to the bursar's office to check on your grades?
Joey: Ok, I'm an obsessive freak, I freely admit it. There is no hope for me.
Pacey: No, that's not true. There is a part of you that knows how to let loose. You just have to... let her loose every once in a while.
Joey: What part?
Pacey: The other Joey. The carefree girl who knows how to drink and play strip poker and go away on a sailboat for a summer. The girl who can get up in front of a crowd of complete strangers and sing at a beauty pageant.
Joey: Other Joey?
Pacey: Yes, the other Joey. The girl who knows better than to let things that are completely out of her control bother her.

21. 5x17 - Highway To Hell
Eliminated Round 2

22. 5x19 - 100 Light Years From Home
Eliminated Round 3

23. 5x23 - Swan Song
Eliminated Round 8

24. 6x14 - Clean and Sober
Eliminated Round 6

25. 6x14 - Clean and Sober

Joey: Everybody's working it out. Jen and CJ, you know that British girl and that gross guy.. I’m just no good at this, I just.. I push people away.
Pacey: No, that’s not true.
Joey: Oh, no? Then why do they go out to sea or move across country or follow their dreams just because I told them to? There’s always something better out there than me.
Pacey: Woah, I think perhaps you’re looking at this the wrong way. Maybe it’s just that you’re such an amazing woman, you make these guys want to be better men.
Joey: We’re not together.
Pacey: True enough. Yeah.
Joey: Well don’t you look so glum, we’re talking about my sucky life. Yours is a success! Oh.. I forget. You’re still not over me.
Pacey: Really?
Joey: Remember, Christmas dinner from hell, that was one of Audrey’s enlightened comments.
Pacey: Right, of course.
Joey: You’re still not over me. That must suck.
Pacey: Oh, it does. You have no idea the hardships I go through trying to maintain a friendship with a dream girl such as yourself. You have no idea.
Joey: Gets lonely?
Pacey: It does, I cry myself to sleep every night. But Jack and I cuddle, it eases the pain. He’s very loving.
Joey: Oh, Pace. You know what? I am a good catch.

26. 6x15 - Castaways

Joey: Can I ask you a question?
Pacey: Yeah. Fire away.
Joey: Are you happy?
Pacey: Me?
Joey: Yeah. I mean really happy, not superficially, we-all-have-our-health happy.
Pacey: Why? Are you?
Joey: Mmm, yeah. I think I am. Which is weird, because it’s not like there’s anything all that spectacular going on in my life right now. It’s just that.. I don’t know. I guess I feel different. Like I’ve always had this tendency to assume that change, when it happens, can only be for the worse. You know? And lately, I kinda feel like that’s not true.. like whatever’s waiting for me out there may not be that bad. And even if it is, then not knowing about it might actually be the good part. Mmm.. I don’t know. I don’t know that I’m making any sense.
Pacey: It sounds like what you’re tryin’ to say… is that you really like that guy.
Joey: “That guy”?
Pacey: Yeah. That Eddie guy.
Joey: Yeah. I did. But.. the past as they say, is the past. And that still doesn’t change the fact that you never answered my question.
Pacey: I don’t really have to. I mean, how could I not be happy? You’ve seen my car, right?
Joey: Pacey! Real answer, please.
Pacey: Real answer? Okay, fine. The real answer is this. I currently have in my life everything that I could possibly want. Except one thing.
Joey: And what’s that?
~
Joey: Nachos?

27. 6x15 - Castaways

Joey: Did you know?
Pacey: Did I know what?
Joey: This was a dream come true.
Pacey: Which part?
Joey: All of it. When you and I were on the boat, I used to dream that we’d be cast away somewhere. You know, your standard tropical island with the white sand beaches, giant stars overhead. We’d wear no clothes, and we’d splash in the surf all day. And then at night, the moon would be this.. well, this giant thing, and it was always full.
Pacey: I like this fantasy. I could catch fish with my bare hands. Make a fire without matches.
Joey: I’d make the fires. Who paid attention in science class?
Pacey: Ok, good point.
Joey: Besides, it’s my fantasy. And I guess I never told you about it before because it’s.. embarrassing, you know, I mean, not at all original.
Pacey: In any case, you were right about one thing.
Pacey: There are about a thousand reasons why you and I would never work.
Joey: There is one thing in the pro column.
Pacey: What’s that?
Joey: [kisses him] It doesn’t mean what you think it means.
Pacey: Well then, what does it mean?
Joey: Well, it means that.. well, I’m cold. And I’m still thinking about it. And I miss you, Pace.
Pacey: I miss you too.

28. 6x16 - That Was Then

Joey: [Clears throat] Bad timing? You're on your way out.
Pacey: Uh, no. It's... cosmic timing. I was on my way to see you.
Joey: Really?
Pacey: Yeah. Yeah. I was, uh, I was hoping that we could stand awkwardly in the doorway, which, uh, huh, is workin' out perfectly for me.
Joey: It's not awkward, Pacey.
[Long silence]
Joey: [Sighs] How about I come in?
Pacey: Great idea. Come in. Uh...can I get you anything? You want somethin' to drink?
Joey: Uh, no, I'm ok.
Pacey: You, uh, you hungry?
Joey: You know what'd be nice?
Pacey: Pizza? That's funny. I was actually thinkin' pizza myself.
Joey: It would be nice if we could stop being so polite.
Pacey: Oh. You know, actually, I'm really glad that you said that, because I've been meaning to emotionally abuse you for weeks. I just wanted to make sure you're up for it.
Joey: Pacey.
Pacey: Ok, I'll stop. [Chuckles]
Joey: Do you regret it?
Joey: Do you regret telling me what you told me?
Pacey: I guess it really... depends on whether or not you regretted hearing it.
Joey: It's hard to regret hearing something that's already been in the back of your mind. But... I think I regret reality as...just a general concept.
Joey: Do you remember reading those choose your own adventure books as a kid?
Pacey: Well...[Chuckles]... You and I both know that I was pretty much a functional illiterate until the ninth grade.
Joey: Right. Ok. Well... I did, but... I cheated on them. Whenever a chapter wasn't going the way I wanted, I wouldn't even finish. I would just go back to the beginning until...I got a happy ending.
Pacey: Yeah. Everybody does that.
Joey: Yeah, but it's not exactly the most realistic way to live your life.
Pacey: But--wait, what makes you think that one false move is gonna ruin our entire story?
Joey: History.
Pacey: Yes. That was then. Joey...I'm serious. We're older now. I mean, it's not like I'm just gonna run out the door if I don't like your choice.
Joey: Ok. Well, so... what are you afraid of?
Pacey: 'Cause that--the whole... possibility thing is really just a mean trick.
Joey: I don't like this chapter. It's too negative.
Pacey: Well...I guess maybe I'm just tryin' to play out all the worst case scenarios, because I want to be sure that you have grown enough to be together without always having to replay our history. 'Cause...I'd really like to look into our future. [She sits on the back of the couch and he pulls a chair over and sits down in front of her.]
Joey: You want a clean slate.
Pacey: Well...yes and no. I just don't want my prior offenses being held against me.
Joey: Well...I mean, we agree you and I have...you know, said things- and done things that... we regret, but... we've changed, haven't we? Pacey: Yeah. Yeah.
Joey: [Sighs]
Pacey: [Sighs] So I'm gonna go... think about some things. And... you're gonna think about things. And you should probably go now before I lose my ability to think clearly about things.
Joey: Well...ok. But... Pace, I don't know. I mean, don't you think that... this is a little too delicate to handle without a plan?
Pacey: A plan. Well... uh, you know, I... [Chuckles] I appreciate the fact that you're a slave to structure, but I'm just not sure how to schedule life-changing decisions.
Joey: W-what I meant...
Pacey: [Chuckles]
Joey: Is that... you know... I could call you, or you could call me and see how—
Pacey: Right. Like you've ever needed an excuse. [they have now leaned so close to each other, that Pacey slowly moves in for a kiss, but just before their lips meet, Joey turns her head.]
Joey: I should go.
Pacey: [Coughs] Of course. [Chuckles] [Sighs]
Joey: What about that pizza thing?
Pacey: Well, that would be an entirely different story

29. 6x21 - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road

Joey: Pacey, if I wanted to go back in that house, I would’ve gone a long time ago. Don’t you know me at all by now?
Pacey: Well I don’t want you sitting here feeling sorry for me.
Joey: I don’t feel sorry for you. I feel for you, Pacey. God, can’t you ever tell the difference?
Pacey: I don’t know. I don’t know because you and I have had a very confusing run of things. Especially lately.
Joey: Okay, you know, no matter how much I love you or how long I stays with you, you’re only gonna remember the moments when I leave.
Pacey: Well, you gotta give me that much, ‘cause those are pretty much the most painful moments in my life.
Joey: That’s because you ask for them, Pacey. I’m sorry, you do. Your whole life, you spend so much time expecting the worst that you don’t even notice the moments when people are loving you, and Pacey, people spend a lot of time loving you.

30. 6x24 - Must Come To an End

Joey: You have a great life here.
Pacey: I just wish that I could feel that.
Joey: You don’t?
Pacey: Well, I didn’t. Until you came breezing through my door again.
Joey: Uh-oh.
Pacey: There’s no need to bolt, I’m just saying thank you. You reminded me of what I’m capable of feeling. It’s like I was walking around seeing my life through a smudged window, and then I saw you and the smudges were gone, the window was clean.

Old 11-27-2016, 08:50 PM
Master Fan

Old 11-27-2016, 08:57 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Old 11-27-2016, 11:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

I am an original”
Old 11-28-2016, 02:34 AM
Passionate Fan

Yes, 7! I still wont let go of 5 haha
Old 11-28-2016, 05:30 AM
Extreme Fan

I agree on 7! 7 is my vote.

But when it's gone I'm back to voting for 5.
Old 11-28-2016, 02:17 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

#15 -1
#7 - 4 - Eliminated

Best Pacey and Joey Heart-To-Heart Survivor

*Vote for your least favorite heart-to-heart talk.
*You may vote only once every round.
*A talk will be eliminated when it has three votes or after a couple of days.
All graphics are from Tumblr and belong to their owners.
pacey & joey
Home > Dawson's Creek - Joshua Jackson Image Gallery - Hosted by JoshJackson.net
I'm spitting out the bitter pill.
Dawson's Creek Transcripts Index - Forever Dreaming

Round 12

1. 1x06 - Baby
Eliminated Round 5

2. 1x10 - Double Date

JOEY: Look around you, Pacey. I mean, look at what my life is. I’m a boarder in my sister’s house, I share my bedroom with the living room, and my social life consists of a part-time job. As far as I can tell there are only two ways to make my life better. And the one that doesn’t involve waking up and discovering it’s all been a dream involves a college scholarship. When I apply I better have the grades that don’t give them a choice because a scholarship is pretty much my only way out of Capeside. And if I don’t get out of here, Pacey, well, it’ll be a sadder story than I care to imagine. Okay?
PACEY: You don’t have to worry, Jo. You’re going to make it out of here. You’re going to go to some great school and send me postcards back here where I’ll be tending bar or pumping gas.
JOEY: Come on, Pacey. You’ll get out too.
PACEY: Yeah, if the circus is hiring. I'll tell you what, though, don't bet against that Potter girl.

3. 1x13 - Decisions

Joey:* Sorry Pacey. Kitchen’s closed.
Pacey:* Please don’t make me eat dinner with the Stepford family.
Joey:* Uh oh trouble in paradise? Maybe I could scrape something up. I think I saw some rat droppings behind the oven.
Pacey:* Great I’ll take them. Just pop them in the microwave. Warm them up for me.
Joey: That was weird. For a second there I was overcome with this wave of sympathy for you. It’ll pass.
Pacey:* Tell me something, Jo. You have a habit of being annoyingly honest with me. When was it that I got designated a town loser? I mean, I know I’ve done some stupid things in my life but what was it exactly pushed me over the edge to being a walking, talking embarrassment to my perfect family?
Joey:* You’re not an embarrassment to your family, Pacey.
Pacey:* According to Deputy Doug I am.
Joey:* Well, at least your whole family isn’t an embarrassment. I just got back from visiting my dad.
Pacey:* How’d it go?
Pacey:* Fathers are weird creatures, you know that? When I was 8 years old, I used to play PeeWee baseball. We had this huge game at the end of the season. It was 2 outs, bottom of the ninth, and I was up to bat. I struck out. Anyway, we get home and my dad just proceeds to reen me. Tell me what a loser I am and what a disgrace I am to the whole family and town for losing the game. Next morning I go down to breakfast, and I overhear my dad relaying the events of the game to my brother. I heard him say to him, ‘At least I have you.’ I never told anybody this but I wish I’d never heard him say that.
Joey:* Well, maybe you should have a talk with your father. You know, tell him that he hurt you.
Pacey:* Is that what you did?
Joey:* No, but I’m going to.
Joey: No, I mean tonight. I’m going to go back there tonight. I have to go back and see him.
Pacey: Sorry but the buses don’t run this late.
Joey: Well, can you help me? I mean, when have I ever asked you for a favor? I mean, can’t you steal your dad’s car or something?
Pacey: I prefer to call it borrowing, but sure.
Joey: Thank you.

4. 2x16 - Be Careful What You Wish For
Eliminated Round 1

5. 3x01 - Like A Virgin

Joey: He told you, didn’t he?
Pacey: What do you think?
Joey: I think I hate you both?
Pacey: Well, then you’re really gonna hate me when you hear what I have to say.. He
did the right thing. The two of you need to be apart right now.
Joey: How would you know what I need?
Pacey: Yeah, you know you’re probably right. How could I possibly know how hard it is to let somebody go, right? The pain of knowing that even though you’re right for each other, that doesn’t necessarily mean that you’re right for each other right now. But what would I know about that, right? How could I possibly know that sometimes it just makes you wanna scream, hit somebody, sit down at the end of a dock and cry?*
Joey: Of all the people to see me like this, it had to be you.
Pacey: It’s a new year. Who knows? You and I might even become friends.
Joey: Pacey, I'm upset enough as it is.
Pacey: Hey Potter. C'mere.

6. 3x02 - Homecoming
Eliminated Round 5

7. 3x03 - None of the Above
Eliminated Round 11

8. 3x09 - Four To Tango
Eliminated Round 7

9. 3x13 - Northern Lights

Pacey*: He kissed you, didn’t he?
Joey*: What makes you say that?
Pacey*: He’d have to be a moron not to. And your lipstick is smeared all over your face.
Joey*: That’s what I get for letting Bessie talk me into Very Berry, I guess.
Pacey*: So are you gonna see this guy again?
Joey*: I don’t know. I mean, what’s the point? I mean, he’s older than me. He’s smarter than me. And he lives far away, a very not-insignificant problem seeing as how I can’t even drive yet. How could I ever feel about him the way that I…?
Pacey*: Feel about Dawson.
Joey*: No, I was actually going to say ‘felt.’
Pacey*: Want to know something, Miss Josephine Potter? I think the world may just surprise you yet. You fall in love and it doesn’t work out and you think it’ll never happen again, but it does. Believe me, it does, in the strangest of places.

10. 3x16 - Crime and Punishment

Pacey: Not bought, rented. And this thing didn’t come cheap, either. It cost me 100 bucks.
Pacey: You said that already. Look, it’s a limited time offer, so you should get cracking.
Joey: Pacey, did you fail to notice the size of this thing?
Pacey: I just thought your next endeavor should be bigger and better than your last one. I’m supporting you, you keep on growing both as a person and as an artist. I also got you this, (holding up a can of paint) now I know it’s not going to cover the whole thing, but as the saying goes, ‘The journey of 1,000 miles begins with a single step.’
Joey: Well, I’m gonna need your help on this one.
Pacey: No, no, no, no. Not this time. You’re on your own, sister.
Joey: Pacey, you’re unbelievable. I mean, as soon as I think I’ve got you all figured out, you go and you do something so outrageous that, it completely challenges me in a way that no one else would even think of. In case I don’t say it enough, thank you.
Pacey: It’s about time, Potter. It’s about time.

11. 4x02 - Falling Down

Joey: We spent 3 months on the sea, but we haven’t even come to close to weathering the storm. We ran away. We made our own reality and it was so wonderful but..
Pacey: But it couldn’t last forever.
Joey: Nor should it. Pacey, a relationship isn’t about a romantic 3-month cruise. It’s gonna be the details that define us.. the moments.
Pacey: Okay. Joey, I am really scared. I think that I screwed up and I’m gonna flunk out of high school. So, I need your help. Really badly.
Joey: That’s all you needed to say, Pace.
Pacey: Easy for you to say.
Joey: Whatever it takes, we’re gonna fix it. Everything’s gonna be okay.
Pacey: How can you be sure?
Joey: I’m not going anywhere without you

12. 4x04 - Future Tense

JOEY: Pacey. I’ve been doing some thinking.
PACEY: Yeah. Drunk thinking.
JOEY: Maybe… Maybe that’s not what I really want. Maybe I just wanna stay here. You know? I mean, look it’s- it’s really beautiful here and… and I can just-
PACEY: Just what? Stay here and work as a waitress all your life? Come on. I mean, forgive me if you’re losing me here, Jo, but to be perfectly honest you haven’t made the slightest bit of sense all night even before you were drunk.
JOEY: I wanna be with you, Pacey. I wanna stay and be with you.
PACEY: Well if you wanna be with me then staying here would be a really stupid idea. Considering I don’t plan to be here. I plan to be wherever you are.
JOEY: Really?
PACEY: Yes. Really.

13. 4x07 - You Had Me At Goodbye

Pacey: Jo, I’m sorry for how I reacted to the whole peer rec thing. I think it was just kind of a left-hook to the hot button and I reacted.. like Pacey.
Joey: You know who that guy you reacted like is gonna be in ten years, Pace? The person who knows me best. Dawson knows my past. My future lies with you. If you think about it you know, you didn’t even like me three years ago.
Pacey: Well, you always tease the ones you love.

14. 4x10 - Self-Reliance
Eliminated Round 9

15. 4x14 - A Winter's Tale

Joey: Hey.
Pacey: Hey. How long have you been
—Joey: long enough to remember why it is that I love you. Why every part of me loves you. [She kisses him] Hey, Pace.
Joey: You can still be upset. You can still be angry. You earned it.
Pacey: I'm not angry with you.
Joey: You are. It's ok. You have a right to be. You don't have to be perfect all the time. And me...I, uh... I don't have to be so afraid. [She kisses him again]
Pacey: What do you say you and I go in there, lock the door, cuddle up together, and then I read you a story?
Joey: Mmm... We didn't bring our book. Pacey: That's all right. I'll make one up.
Joey: I like that idea.

16. 4x17 - Admissions

Pacey: As long as we’re in the season of honesty, there’s something else I probably outta offer up.
Pacey: Well, as happy as I was for you, I found out you were going to Worthington, I think I was just as happy when I found out you weren’t. It’s not that I don’t want you to be able to go off and realize your dreams, Joey, because I do. But, for the first time I just felt like it was me that was holding you back from them.
Joey: Pacey, you’ve never held me back. You’ve got to stop thinking like that.
Pacey: I could stop thinking like that if you just promise me one thing. If the day ever comes, and it may come much sooner than either one of us think, but if that day ever comes, when you do feel like I was holding you back, just promise me that you’d cut me loose, yeah?
Joey: Pacey!
Pacey: Promise me that.
Joey: I won’t promise you that. You’re asking me to promise to let you go. I can’t do that.

17. 4x21 - Separation Anxiety

Pacey: When we were at that party last night, Jo, I was jealous. I wasn’t jealous of you, but I was certainly jealous of the rest of the kids who were gonna get to experience you next year. ‘Cause they’re gonna get to be with you and I’m not.
Joey: You know, I was so certain that Mr. Kubelik’s offer was the answer to all of our problems. A sign, you know?
Pacey: Yeah, I know. I know. And I think that it was a sign, just not the one that we were hoping for. But at least we got a better ending this time. I am grateful for that.
Joey: Me, too.

18. 5x03 - Capeside Revisited

Joey: (looking up at the sky) You can't see them very well, can you, at night in the city?
Pacey: (surprised, he turns around to look at her. He smiles a little and looks up at the sky.) What, the stars? Um... no, you can't see them very well, (looking at Joey) but what the hell? I've seen them all before, right?
Joey: (finally looking at him and smiling) Me, too. (he motions for her to come aboard and helps her up)
Pacey: So I'm guessing that this means that Lindley sold me out, huh? Joey: Ah, go easy on her. I saw you at the restaurant.
Pacey: Ah, yeah. My new stomping grounds.
Joey: Well, after that, she did unravel like a cheap suit.
Pacey: Which would explain why she hasn't been around to see me lately.
Joey: No, that would be because she met a guy.
Pacey: Really? That's good for her.
Joey: Yeah. So I guess, um, she's told you about these Sunday dinners we've been having.
Pacey: Uh, yeah. I seem to remember something to that effect.
Joey: Well, it's-- it's nice. I mean, we try to get together every week because it's easy to get lost in the big city.
Pacey: Well, of course it is. You don't have enough stars to guide you. Joey: You should try to come some time.
Pacey: I'll try and do that.
Joey: Because, Pace, I would-- I would hate that... you not coming had anything to do with me.
Pacey: With you?
Joey: Or this thing we shared called the romance. You know, I did really badly, and there was bitterness and tears and... recrimination. Pacey: Yeah. I think I remember that. We dated once, right?
Joey: Yeah, we did, didn't we? (she moves to the wheel and he helps her over) But, you know, I've practically forgotten now that I've slept with half the football team.
Pacey: Really? Just half? I think that shows incredible restraint on your part.
Joey: Well, I had to leave half for my roommate.
Pacey: Oh, roommate. Oh, lord. I feel sorry for this person. 24 hours a day, confined in a small space with you-- it's not healthy. (they both take a seat)
Joey: I don't snore.
Pacey: I beg to differ.
Joey: So, Pace, um... the other day, I had to read this article for biology, and it said that contrary to all previous thinking on the subject, human beings may actually be able to regrow brain cells.
Pacey: So I guess that means the whole "this is your brain on drugs" thing is moot.
Joey: I wouldn't go toking up just yet... but I think what it means is that at some point in the not-so-distant future, it may actually be possible to forget all the bad stuff and only remember the good.
Pacey: I don't know. If you ask me, I think that's already possible. So tell me some more about this new roommate of yours.
Joey: You really want to know?
Pacey: Well, of course I want to know.
Joey: No. I want to know about your job and this boat. This is one mother of a boat, Pace.
Pacey: Yeah, I know. I mean, it's not technically mine, but it's good for right now. And the job is a job, but this summer...

19. 5x10 - Appetite For Destruction
Eliminated Round 10

20. 5x11 - Something Wild

Joey: Hey!
Pacey: Hi. Do you want to play against her?
Joey: Ah...No. I'll let you enjoy the indignity.
Pacey: Thank you. So, tell me, how long after we left your room today did you run down to the bursar's office to check on your grades?
Joey: Ok, I'm an obsessive freak, I freely admit it. There is no hope for me.
Pacey: No, that's not true. There is a part of you that knows how to let loose. You just have to... let her loose every once in a while.
Joey: What part?
Pacey: The other Joey. The carefree girl who knows how to drink and play strip poker and go away on a sailboat for a summer. The girl who can get up in front of a crowd of complete strangers and sing at a beauty pageant.
Joey: Other Joey?
Pacey: Yes, the other Joey. The girl who knows better than to let things that are completely out of her control bother her.

21. 5x17 - Highway To Hell
Eliminated Round 2

22. 5x19 - 100 Light Years From Home
Eliminated Round 3

23. 5x23 - Swan Song
Eliminated Round 8

24. 6x14 - Clean and Sober
Eliminated Round 6

25. 6x14 - Clean and Sober

Joey: Everybody's working it out. Jen and CJ, you know that British girl and that gross guy.. I’m just no good at this, I just.. I push people away.
Pacey: No, that’s not true.
Joey: Oh, no? Then why do they go out to sea or move across country or follow their dreams just because I told them to? There’s always something better out there than me.
Pacey: Woah, I think perhaps you’re looking at this the wrong way. Maybe it’s just that you’re such an amazing woman, you make these guys want to be better men.
Joey: We’re not together.
Pacey: True enough. Yeah.
Joey: Well don’t you look so glum, we’re talking about my sucky life. Yours is a success! Oh.. I forget. You’re still not over me.
Joey: Remember, Christmas dinner from hell, that was one of Audrey’s enlightened comments.
Pacey: Right, of course.
Joey: You’re still not over me. That must suck.
Pacey: Oh, it does. You have no idea the hardships I go through trying to maintain a friendship with a dream girl such as yourself. You have no idea.
Joey: Gets lonely?
Pacey: It does, I cry myself to sleep every night. But Jack and I cuddle, it eases the pain. He’s very loving.
Joey: Oh, Pace. You know what? I am a good catch.

26. 6x15 - Castaways

Joey: Can I ask you a question?
Pacey: Yeah. Fire away.
Joey: Are you happy?
Pacey: Me?
Joey: Yeah. I mean really happy, not superficially, we-all-have-our-health happy.
Pacey: Why? Are you?
Joey: Mmm, yeah. I think I am. Which is weird, because it’s not like there’s anything all that spectacular going on in my life right now. It’s just that.. I don’t know. I guess I feel different. Like I’ve always had this tendency to assume that change, when it happens, can only be for the worse. You know? And lately, I kinda feel like that’s not true.. like whatever’s waiting for me out there may not be that bad. And even if it is, then not knowing about it might actually be the good part. Mmm.. I don’t know. I don’t know that I’m making any sense.
Pacey: It sounds like what you’re tryin’ to say… is that you really like that guy.
Joey: “That guy”?
Pacey: Yeah. That Eddie guy.
Joey: Yeah. I did. But.. the past as they say, is the past. And that still doesn’t change the fact that you never answered my question.
Pacey: I don’t really have to. I mean, how could I not be happy? You’ve seen my car, right?
Joey: Pacey! Real answer, please.
Pacey: Real answer? Okay, fine. The real answer is this. I currently have in my life everything that I could possibly want. Except one thing.
Joey: And what’s that?
~
Joey: Nachos?

27. 6x15 - Castaways

Joey: Did you know?
Pacey: Did I know what?
Joey: This was a dream come true.
Joey: All of it. When you and I were on the boat, I used to dream that we’d be cast away somewhere. You know, your standard tropical island with the white sand beaches, giant stars overhead. We’d wear no clothes, and we’d splash in the surf all day. And then at night, the moon would be this.. well, this giant thing, and it was always full.
Pacey: I like this fantasy. I could catch fish with my bare hands. Make a fire without matches.
Joey: I’d make the fires. Who paid attention in science class?
Pacey: Ok, good point.
Joey: Besides, it’s my fantasy. And I guess I never told you about it before because it’s.. embarrassing, you know, I mean, not at all original.
Pacey: In any case, you were right about one thing.
Pacey: There are about a thousand reasons why you and I would never work.
Joey: There is one thing in the pro column.
Pacey: What’s that?
Joey: [kisses him] It doesn’t mean what you think it means.
Pacey: Well then, what does it mean?
Joey: Well, it means that.. well, I’m cold. And I’m still thinking about it. And I miss you, Pace.
Pacey: I miss you too.

28. 6x16 - That Was Then

Joey: [Clears throat] Bad timing? You're on your way out.
Pacey: Uh, no. It's... cosmic timing. I was on my way to see you.
Joey: Really?
Pacey: Yeah. Yeah. I was, uh, I was hoping that we could stand awkwardly in the doorway, which, uh, huh, is workin' out perfectly for me.
Joey: It's not awkward, Pacey.
[Long silence]
Joey: [Sighs] How about I come in?
Pacey: Great idea. Come in. Uh...can I get you anything? You want somethin' to drink?
Joey: Uh, no, I'm ok.
Pacey: You, uh, you hungry?
Joey: You know what'd be nice?
Pacey: Pizza? That's funny. I was actually thinkin' pizza myself.
Joey: It would be nice if we could stop being so polite.
Pacey: Oh. You know, actually, I'm really glad that you said that, because I've been meaning to emotionally abuse you for weeks. I just wanted to make sure you're up for it.
Joey: Pacey.
Pacey: Ok, I'll stop. [Chuckles]
Joey: Do you regret it?
Joey: Do you regret telling me what you told me?
Pacey: I guess it really... depends on whether or not you regretted hearing it.
Joey: It's hard to regret hearing something that's already been in the back of your mind. But... I think I regret reality as...just a general concept.
Joey: Do you remember reading those choose your own adventure books as a kid?
Pacey: Well...[Chuckles]... You and I both know that I was pretty much a functional illiterate until the ninth grade.
Joey: Right. Ok. Well... I did, but... I cheated on them. Whenever a chapter wasn't going the way I wanted, I wouldn't even finish. I would just go back to the beginning until...I got a happy ending.
Pacey: Yeah. Everybody does that.
Joey: Yeah, but it's not exactly the most realistic way to live your life.
Pacey: But--wait, what makes you think that one false move is gonna ruin our entire story?
Joey: History.
Pacey: Yes. That was then. Joey...I'm serious. We're older now. I mean, it's not like I'm just gonna run out the door if I don't like your choice.
Joey: Ok. Well, so... what are you afraid of?
Pacey: 'Cause that--the whole... possibility thing is really just a mean trick.
Joey: I don't like this chapter. It's too negative.
Pacey: Well...I guess maybe I'm just tryin' to play out all the worst case scenarios, because I want to be sure that you have grown enough to be together without always having to replay our history. 'Cause...I'd really like to look into our future. [She sits on the back of the couch and he pulls a chair over and sits down in front of her.]
Joey: You want a clean slate.
Pacey: Well...yes and no. I just don't want my prior offenses being held against me.
Joey: Well...I mean, we agree you and I have...you know, said things- and done things that... we regret, but... we've changed, haven't we? Pacey: Yeah. Yeah.
Joey: [Sighs]
Pacey: [Sighs] So I'm gonna go... think about some things. And... you're gonna think about things. And you should probably go now before I lose my ability to think clearly about things.
Joey: Well...ok. But... Pace, I don't know. I mean, don't you think that... this is a little too delicate to handle without a plan?
Pacey: A plan. Well... uh, you know, I... [Chuckles] I appreciate the fact that you're a slave to structure, but I'm just not sure how to schedule life-changing decisions.
Joey: W-what I meant...
Pacey: [Chuckles]
Joey: Is that... you know... I could call you, or you could call me and see how—
Pacey: Right. Like you've ever needed an excuse. [they have now leaned so close to each other, that Pacey slowly moves in for a kiss, but just before their lips meet, Joey turns her head.]
Joey: I should go.
Pacey: [Coughs] Of course. [Chuckles] [Sighs]
Joey: What about that pizza thing?
Pacey: Well, that would be an entirely different story

29. 6x21 - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road

Joey: Pacey, if I wanted to go back in that house, I would’ve gone a long time ago. Don’t you know me at all by now?
Pacey: Well I don’t want you sitting here feeling sorry for me.
Joey: I don’t feel sorry for you. I feel for you, Pacey. God, can’t you ever tell the difference?
Pacey: I don’t know. I don’t know because you and I have had a very confusing run of things. Especially lately.
Joey: Okay, you know, no matter how much I love you or how long I stays with you, you’re only gonna remember the moments when I leave.
Pacey: Well, you gotta give me that much, ‘cause those are pretty much the most painful moments in my life.
Joey: That’s because you ask for them, Pacey. I’m sorry, you do. Your whole life, you spend so much time expecting the worst that you don’t even notice the moments when people are loving you, and Pacey, people spend a lot of time loving you.

30. 6x24 - Must Come To an End

Joey: You have a great life here.
Pacey: I just wish that I could feel that.
Joey: You don’t?
Pacey: Well, I didn’t. Until you came breezing through my door again.
Joey: Uh-oh.
Pacey: There’s no need to bolt, I’m just saying thank you. You reminded me of what I’m capable of feeling. It’s like I was walking around seeing my life through a smudged window, and then I saw you and the smudges were gone, the window was clean.

Old 11-28-2016, 04:56 PM
Master Fan

Old 11-28-2016, 07:16 PM
Elite Fan

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
Old 11-28-2016, 08:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Sticking with #15, why switch it up now?

icon credit: crash landing
Closed Thread   Post New Thread