Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2010, 11:50 AM
Elite Fan

I vote for #3 with no hesitation. That dock scene started it all.
Old 11-24-2010, 03:31 PM
Elite Fan

I think one of the most underrated PJ buildup scenes is the Thanksgiving episode. When Joey is talking to Andie about Pacey and she says a Pacey's a doofus, but then has his moments. You can see Joey's face lighting up. She was definitely falling for him

3.08 - "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner" - dc308 098 - KatieHolmes.com - Photo Gallery

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
Old 11-24-2010, 06:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

I loved that scene too.
Emily
Old 11-25-2010, 07:43 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hshapir2 (View Post)
I think one of the most underrated PJ buildup scenes is the Thanksgiving episode. When Joey is talking to Andie about Pacey and she says a Pacey's a doofus, but then has his moments. You can see Joey's face lighting up. She was definitely falling for him
This is a lovely moment. I also think Northern Lights is a great episode for PJo build up. Pacey's reaction to Joey dating AJ was just classic. I also love how important it was to him that Joey was there for the first night of his play. It's so sweet how he says he only knows his lines when he's reading them with her.

Pacey: No, I know the play when I'm running it with YOU. When I gotta do it with actually human beings, nothing.
Joey: I know I suck for not being there, I'm sorry.

I think it says alot that when AJ went to kiss her all of a sudden she had somewhere else to be and that was with Pacey.

And I love this quote from later in the episode.

Pacey: Wanna know something, Miss Josephine Potter? I think the world may just surprise you yet. I mean, you fall in love and it doesn't work out, and you think it may never happen again, but it does. Believe me, it does, in the strangest place.
Old 11-25-2010, 08:18 AM
Elite Fan

thanks rachel and stormy. I remember getting stuck in traffic and missed that episode when it first aired. I saw the preview for Four to Tango and thought it was a tease, so catching the reruns, it was so obvious

Quote:
I think it says alot that when AJ went to kiss her all of a sudden she had somewhere else to be and that was with Pacey.
word, I totally think this is another underrated scene. I like how she is thinking about Pacey when kissing AJ which says a lot. The writers did such a good job building them up. I remember some people saying we only saw it from Pacey's side, but that is so not true. I saw Joey's feelings for Pacey before his for her back at Thanksgiving. Her obvious jealousy seeing Pacey and Jen kiss said it all. I love the scene with Dawson at the end when he says sometimes you want to grab onto someone's hand at the end of the day and then Joey grabs Pacey's hand before the leave the studio. Pacey was crushing on Joey in Four to Tango when talking to Dawson, but Weekend in the Country really showed he was falling for her when he was watching her sleep. The scene with Mitch when he asks Pacey why he cares so much was already implying that too. This guy was watching this girl sleep on my other show too. I knew he was falling for her because of PJ and even the writer said it. Let's just say they didn't get a happy ending like PJ. Atleast, PJ did

Old 11-25-2010, 08:41 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Pacey: Wanna know something, Miss Josephine Potter? I think the world may just surprise you yet. I mean, you fall in love and it doesn't work out, and you think it may never happen again, but it does. Believe me, it does, in the strangest place.
soooo true about this scene. Northern Lights had epic build up scenes and i would have voted for these scenes moreso than some of those that made it into the survivor game even. i thought it added so much to what we just found out the previous episode. and its the beginning of a long line of episodes where Pacey is pining for her. I love it so much
Old 11-25-2010, 08:58 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
I remember some people saying we only saw it from Pacey's side, but that is so not true. I saw Joey's feelings for Pacey before his for her back at Thanksgiving.
I think at the start of the build up we saw more of Pacey's feelings but that's because Joey took longer to realise hers. They were certainly lingering in the background but she had to deal with Dawson and then AJ. For example the scene where he's watching her sleep in A Weekend in the Country is totally a Pacey moment for me.

Quote:
Her obvious jealousy seeing Pacey and Jen kiss said it all.
YES. Jen hit the nail on the head (as she always did) when she said "Pacey, I saw the way that you overreacted to Dawson. I saw the way that Joey overreacted to us. I know that you're having trouble in math these days, but it doesn't take Einstein to get the sum total of these two overreactions."
Old 11-25-2010, 09:17 AM
Elite Fan

i feel like Joey's feelings were apparent from early on too because even though she didnt realize what it all meant, something was brewing. even when she spoke to AJ about that girl, it had pacey written all over it:

Joey: No, she's more than just a friend. She picks out paper for you, and she encourages you write and she demands that you be yourself. And she does this in such a selfless way that you can't even begin to comprehend and…

she doesn't even realize it, but she is talking about pacey here. and when she's all fluttery and surprised with the whole Wall thing, it's because there is something there. And when she finds out Pacey only went to her on that dock cuz of Dawson, the pain in her eyes is there because there is something there. She didn't have to know what was happening for it to actually be happening.
In Weekend in the Country, it was a Pacey moment, but it's THE moment that set it all into motion. I know a lot of us disagree about this, but it's what kicked things into high gear. Had he not figured it out, we wouldn't have had all those scenes in the following episodes and he wouldn't have kissed her to "force her to figure out what it all means" and then she never would have figured it out something else would have made him realize [or her even], but this is actually what was given to us and it is what made it all go forward. It's what pushed their friendship into an actual build up. Four to Tango isn't far behind IMO. As a viewer of the show, those were the two episode where I was most shocked and the most certain that PJo were gonna be together eventually.
Old 11-25-2010, 09:33 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touldengal (View Post)
i feel like Joey's feelings were apparent from early on too because even though she didnt realize what it all meant, something was brewing. even when she spoke to AJ about that girl, it had pacey written all over it:

Joey: No, she's more than just a friend. She picks out paper for you, and she encourages you write and she demands that you be yourself. And she does this in such a selfless way that you can't even begin to comprehend and…
I've never made that connection before but it's so true. I definitely agree that Joey had those feelings long before she ever realised what they were.

Four to Tango is such a PJo build up ep for sure. There are so many significant moments, too many to mention! Whenever I hear that speech Pacey gave Dawson about Joey eventually moving on it gives me tingles, he already realises how amazing she is.
Old 11-25-2010, 10:54 AM
Elite Fan

Wanna know something, Miss Josephine Potter? I think the world may just surprise you yet. I mean, you fall in love and it doesn't work out, and you think it may never happen again, but it does. Believe me, it does, in the strangest place.

Pretty much one of my favorite quotes ever. It's so true. Not just for them, but for so many people.
Old 11-25-2010, 11:09 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Joey: No, she's more than just a friend. She picks out paper for you, and she encourages you write and she demands that you be yourself. And she does this in such a selfless way that you can't even begin to comprehend and
word. I totally agree. She said Pacey challenges her like no one else

Pacey was the only guy to get Joey to run off with him. Charlie, Dawson, Eddie all wanted her to be with them, but she turned them all down

Quote:
And when she finds out Pacey only went to her on that dock cuz of Dawson, the pain in her eyes is there because there is something there. She didn't have to know what was happening for it to actually be happening.
true. She was hurt when she thought he was only hanging out with her because of Dawson. She even says "I guess I thought something else" He wants to know what she means, but she doesn't answer

Old 11-25-2010, 12:04 PM
Elite Fan

Yes! All those little moments are so SOOOO important and are what made their build up probably one of the best ever. There are very few shows that the writers take the time to build up a relationship, which is what makes PJo so special. There is always such a rsh to get a couple together, but then those couples are far from epic! These little moments are what define them
I made a video a while back to "little wonders" by matchbox 20. I removed it from YouTube cuz it was in violation of the rules but it was so great cuz i matched the vid to the words... Including all the little moments and wonders. The song reminds me so much of them <3
Old 11-25-2010, 01:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachey1984 (View Post)
That conversation was when I knew that the show was absolutely going there with P/J
Old 11-25-2010, 10:02 PM
Elite Fan

very true tou. A lot of shows I watch don't do buildup. It's very rushed and hard to root for couples when they break up every week and fall in and out of love so quick

another favorite scene is at the end of the Valentine's Day when Pacey is acting all nervous and is getting ready to tell Joey about his feelings for her, but chickens out. Joey says "you got to read between the banter" when she's talking about how she was worried about him. He was so touched that she cared. Joey gets all blushy about it and turns her head. The writers did such a good job showing both Pacey and Joey's feelings for each other

Katie-Holmes.Org - Photo Gallery - # 314 - "The Vanlentine's Day Massacre"/cap0182

Old 11-26-2010, 12:56 AM
Absolute Fan

ok, the voting so far looks like this:
#3 - 4
#10 - 6

clarkson_fan - usually the last found is voting for the favourite, at least most of the survivours i've seen, including the previous one, were, thats why i changed it here too

Touldengal
- #7 is my favourite scene too.. i fought so hard for it but it was eliminated

anyway.. i still havent decided for which scene to vote yet... if we dont get more votes it wont matter though..