Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2012, 12:01 PM
Addicted Fan

Kevin continues to stay firm on PJ being in love and living happily ever after
Old 06-21-2012, 12:10 PM
Elite Fan

Yes he does, but the fear is still there. Him confirming they are still in love helps, but you never know how it will play out if they do a reunion. I think with Jen being gone, it would be really hard. Unless they did a flashback thing, like with Mitch. I heard rumblings of her death being a dream, but if that is true, that means the whole finale was a dream and I honestly don't think that would make any sense at all. I have hope though, that if a reunion happens, that Pacey and Joey are happily married with beautiful, brunette kids.
"pacey I love you, you know that and it's very real." ~ Joey to Pacey 6x24 (dawson's creek)
Old 06-21-2012, 03:10 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***BLONDIE*** (View Post)
Yes he does, but the fear is still there. Him confirming they are still in love helps, but you never know how it will play out if they do a reunion. I think with Jen being gone, it would be really hard. Unless they did a flashback thing, like with Mitch. I heard rumblings of her death being a dream, but if that is true, that means the whole finale was a dream and I honestly don't think that would make any sense at all. I have hope though, that if a reunion happens, that Pacey and Joey are happily married with beautiful, brunette kids.
I understand that fear, mainly because of the shoving of the "DJ are soulmates" down my throat, no offense dude but they're not, they're best friends with a close bond but don't confuse that with romantic love.

Pacey was always better suited for Joey. SO MUCH more love and real passion there, All DJ had was the same never ending fight in that bedroom of his, "What are we, Should we be doing this, Are we making a mistake?" For god's sakes, shut up already!
Old 06-21-2012, 05:40 PM
Elite Fan

I agree. I don't want a reunion if KW is going to change PJ's happy ending. I don't see JJ or KH signing on to that because they were PJ fans. I would rather think of PJ living happily ever after

as bad as season 5 was, having KW destroy PJ would be worse. Those scenes in 503 showed me PJ were going to find their way back. There was no closure. When Joey sees Pacey sees Pacey, she was giving him longing looks. Here's a picture

when she sees him at the restaurant

http://katie-holmes.org/gallery/disp..._display_media

when she sees him on the boat

http://katie-holmes.org/gallery/disp..._display_media

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
Old 06-21-2012, 06:12 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hshapir2 (View Post)
I agree. I don't want a reunion if KW is going to change PJ's happy ending. I don't see JJ or KH signing on to that because they were PJ fans. I would rather think of PJ living happily ever after

as bad as season 5 was, having KW destroy PJ would be worse. Those scenes in 503 showed me PJ were going to find their way back. There was no closure. When Joey sees Pacey sees Pacey, she was giving him longing looks. Here's a picture

when she sees him at the restaurant

# 503 - "Capeside Revisited" - cap0028 - Katie-Holmes.Org - Photo Gallery

when she sees him on the boat

# 503 - "Capeside Revisited" - cap0120 - Katie-Holmes.Org - Photo Gallery

I'm all for a reunion ep IF and only IF they don't mess with PJ, no more crap, they've had enough.
Old 06-21-2012, 08:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

That is the only way, I am for a reunion, is if they don't mess with Pacey/Joey. I couldn't handle Dawson/Joey, ick.
I am an original”
Old 06-21-2012, 09:12 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I agree. I don't want a reunion if KW is going to change PJ's happy ending. I don't see JJ or KH signing on to that because they were PJ fans.
I don't see them agreeing to that either. I know Kevin has a soft spot for DJ, but I don't think his soft spot for them, will affect Pacey and Joey's relationship, if they do a reunion in the future, or at least I hope. He and Julie Plec were doing an interview about the Vampire Diaries and was asked again, about the finale of DC. He mentions how he came to the conclusion that PJ were gonna be end game.

So, why didn’t you end the series with Dawson and Joey together?
KW: Originally, I really was going to go down that Dawson and Joey route and something didn’t feel right about it.

I mean, when the creator of the characters and show says something didn't feel right about it, then it really must not be right.

How did you make the final decision?
JULIE PLEC: This is my favorite Kevin Williamson moment of all time because we were working on a movie together at the time that he was making that decision. He had been agonizing over this because when he created the show it was [the] Dawson and Joey love story and then it came to the end of the show and he couldn’t decide what the right path for Joey to take was. He walked in and he was like, “I got it. I got it. Joey chooses Pacey because her childish love for Dawson has given way to her grown-up love for Pacey.

The way it sounds to me, is that there were no re writes or original script for a DJ ending, that was completed. Just a ending he thought about doing before making the final decision, but it didn't feel right. I'm not surprised by that actually, because Dawson is the main character of the show, so of course he would think about putting DJ together, but thinking about it and actually shooting it, are very different things. So, after trying to decide what was best for Joey, he came to the conclusion that PJ would be end game. I think he realized it was the only ending that made sense. In the interview he never said DJ was gonna be end game and that half way through, he decided to change his mind to PJ. He says he didn't know which way to go, all the way up til the end and when he finally made his decision, he had Joey choose Pacey. The only ending he wrote, that mattered, because it's the ending we got. There were so many PJ moments leading up to the "Off the Hook" speech, that I think he knew way before the end, that Pacey was gonna be the one Joey chose. So even if there were more than one script out there (which wouldn't be unheard of) it doesn't matter at all. All that matters is the ending we got. The Perfect Ending

Between this interview and the interviews he mentioned Pacey and Joey living happily ever after and even tweeting about Joey still loving Pacey after all these years, I would hope he wouldn't go against everything he's said. If I'm being completely honest, I kinda don't think he would. If he did, it would be like admitting he got it wrong the first time and I don't think he believes he got it wrong.
"pacey I love you, you know that and it's very real." ~ Joey to Pacey 6x24 (dawson's creek)

Last edited by ***BLONDIE***; 06-22-2012 at 01:02 AM
Old 06-21-2012, 09:40 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
I don't see them agreeing to that either. I know Kevin has a soft spot for DJ, but I don't think his soft spot for them, will affect Pacey and Joey's relationship, if they do a reunion in the future, or at least I hope. He and Julie Plec were doing an interview about the Vampire Diaries and was asked again, about the finale of DC. He mentions how he came to the conclusion that PJ were gonna be end game.

So, why didn’t you end the series with Dawson and Joey together?
KW: Originally, I really was going to go down that Dawson and Joey route and something didn’t feel right about it.

I mean, when the creator of the characters and show says something didn't feel right about it, then it really must not be right.

How did you make the final decision?
JULIE PLEC: This is my favorite Kevin Williamson moment of all time because we were working on a movie together at the time that he was making that decision. He had been agonizing over this because when he created the show it was [the] Dawson and Joey love story and then it came to the end of the show and he couldn’t decide what the right path for Joey to take was. He walked in and he was like, “I got it. I got it. Joey chooses Pacey because her childish love for Dawson has given way to her grown-up love for Pacey.

The way it sounds to me, is that there were no re writes or original script for a DJ ending, just something he thought about doing before making the final decision, but it didn't feel right. I'm not surprised by that actually, because Dawson is the main character of the show, so of course he would think about putting DJ together, but thinking about it and writing it, is two different things. So, after trying to decide what was best for Joey, he came to the conclusion that PJ would be end game. I think he realized it was the only ending that made sense. He never said DJ was gonna be end game and that half way through, he decided to change his mind to PJ. He says he didn't know which way to go, all the way up til the end and when he finally made his decision, he had Joey choose Pacey. The only ending he wrote. There were so many PJ moments leading up to the "Off the Hook" speech, that I think he knew way before the end, that Pacey was gonna be the one Joey chose.

Between this interview and the interviews he mentioned Pacey and Joey living happily ever after and even tweeting about Joey still loving Pacey after all these years, I would hope he wouldn't go against everything he's said. If I'm being completely honest, I kinda don't think he would. If he did, it would be like admitting he got it wrong the first time and I don't think he believes he got it wrong.
I just LOVE that, I think Kevin made the right decision, Dawson was Joey's childhood first love, not the love of her life. Pacey is the love of her life and it threw her for a loop because she thought Dawson was suppose to be that person.
Old 06-21-2012, 10:29 PM
Elite Fan

I agree. I think he knows, he made the right decision.

I think her feelings for Pacey did throw her for a loop. Even before Pacey kissed her, you could tell that their relationship had blossomed into something more, without either of them realizing it. Helping each other out, without wanting to puke. Pacey going through all that trouble to help the B&B out. Joey getting extremely upset, when she saw Pacey and Jen kissing in the closet. Joey getting upset when she thought Pacey was only hanging out with her, cause Dawson asked him too. Her thinking of Pacey before anyone, to come get her after she and A.J. broke up. She definitely had feelings for Pacey, before they kissed. She confirmed it in 3x23, when she said she knew she loved him from the moment he kissed her and even before that. She knew there was something between, before they kissed. She just hadn't admitted it to herself at that time.

She was too afraid to admit it, because she lived in her own little DJ bubble, that she had been living in it since she was a child. It's what she was use too. Dawson was her friend and she developed feelings for him. Not far fetched at all. He became her security blanket. When she was around him, she didn't have to grow up, or face reality. She got to remain 15 years old. It's why they never worked as a couple. It was the same never ending argument, that had become the ballad of Dawson and Joey. Will they, or won't they and when they do, it doesn't work. It happens a lot with friends. You think because they know you and your comfortable with them, that somehow you convince yourself into thinking, that you're meant for each other and that they're the only one for you and no one else matters. Pacey challenged her though and it made her question everything she thought was right. Pacey saw right through DJ from the very beginning. It finally got to the point, where even he didn't want to hear it anymore, because it was the same thing he had heard for years.

Pacey is the one that made her feel alive. That's a pretty powerful statement from Joey, because it was like her saying, she felt nothing in her life before Pacey and that she wasn't truly happy, until Pacey showed her the way out of the bubble she had grown so use too.
Old 06-22-2012, 12:18 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
I agree. I think he knows, he made the right decision.

I think her feelings for Pacey did throw her for a loop. Even before Pacey kissed her, you could tell that their relationship had blossomed into something more, without either of them realizing it. Helping each other out, without wanting to puke. Pacey going through all that trouble to help the B&B out. Joey getting extremely upset, when she saw Pacey and Jen kissing in the closet. Joey getting upset when she thought Pacey was only hanging out with her, cause Dawson asked him too. Her thinking of Pacey before anyone, to come get her after she and A.J. broke up. She definitely had feelings for Pacey, before they kissed. She confirmed it in 3x23, when she said she knew she loved him from the moment he kissed her and even before that. She knew there was something between, before they kissed. She just hadn't admitted it to herself at that time.

She was too afraid to admit it, because she lived in her own little DJ bubble, that she had been living in it since she was a child. It's what she was use too. Dawson was her friend and she developed feelings for him. Not far fetched at all. He became her security blanket. When she was around him, she didn't have to grow up, or face reality. She got to remain 15 years old. It's why they never worked as a couple. It was the same never ending argument, that had become the ballad of Dawson and Joey. Will they, or won't they and when they do, it doesn't work. It happens a lot with friends. You think because they know you and your comfortable with them, that somehow you convince yourself into thinking, that you're meant for each other and that they're the only one for you and no one else matters. Pacey challenged her though and it made her question everything she thought was right. Pacey saw right through DJ from the very beginning. It finally got to the point, where even he didn't want to hear it anymore, because it was the same thing he had heard for years.

Pacey is the one that made her feel alive. That's a pretty powerful statement from Joey, because it was like her saying, she felt nothing in her life before Pacey and that she wasn't truly happy, until Pacey showed her the way out of the bubble she had grown so use too.
Exactly, that's the biggest reason DJ never worked out. They were TOO close, too much history and too much togetherness does not mean you're soulmates. A deep friendship bond can mean JUST that, you know each other inside and out in their past, doesnt mean you know their future. Admitting that Dawson was her comfort zone and security and nothing more, was scary because she didn't want to lose that incase the world got scary.

Joey knew she loved Pacey but she denied as she said in S3, it was all new territory for her, something she's never experienced before.. She fell SO hard for Pacey, she lost her virginity to him, that's pretty big. She figured she'd lose it to Dawson but everything wasn't turning out the way she thought they would.

Pacey couldnt stand the ballad of DJ..He knew they were toxic and didn't work as a couple..

I think Jack,Jen,Pacey,Andie and Audrey all got severely annoyed with the back and forth of Dawson and Joey dynamic.

Joey falling for Pacey just truly changed everything and sadly, it changed things forever for Dawson/Joey/Pacey. Especially Dawson/Pacey as friends and the never ending Dawson/Joey thing. Pacey/Joey was the huge shift in Dawson's creek
Old 06-22-2012, 02:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I definitely don't think Katie or josh would agree to come back for a reunion if P/J were to break up, supposedly Katie spoke a lot to the writers about wanting P/J endgame when they were getting closer to the finale?
Old 06-22-2012, 06:23 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
word. I thought Joey was falling for Pacey way before he kissed her. At Thanksgiving, she was blushing when Andie mentioned Pacey. She looked jealous when Andie said her and Pacey were getting back together. I guess that one could be up for debate because Andie was lying about Rob. Like you mentioned, she was jealous of him kissing Jen. Dawson makes a comment about how sometimes you just want to hold someone's hand at the end of the day even if it's wrong. Joey grabbed Pacey's hand. When she was on a date with AJ, her mind was on Pacey because she left him to go to Pacey's after party after he kissed her

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
Old 06-22-2012, 07:57 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
She looked jealous when Andie said her and Pacey were getting back together. I guess that one could be up for debate
No, you're definitely not the only one that picked up on Joey's 'not so thrilled' reaction when Andie mentioned her and Pacey being back together.

I love that The dance instructor and Jen both picked up on PJ's tension during the dance class. This is also the first time someone called them out. Pacey's reaction when Jen mentions Joey being his current girl friday, is the first time he really let his guard down. He tried to play it off, by saying Joey couldn't stand to be in the room with him and nothing was going on, but you could tell that Jen's comments threw him for a loop. Jen definitely got him thinking. He realized at that point, that someone else was seeing a connection between him and Joey and that the feelings he was having deep down for Joey, were possibly mutual, because of her reaction to Jen and Pacey, kissing. So their conversation definitely got his mind to wandering. You could see it all over his face when he was sitting alone and Joey came back for her coat.

You could see their friendship blossom, but I think 'Four To Tango' was the first time Pacey admitted it to himself, that he had feelings for Joey. Mitch, picked up on his feelings, during 'A Weekend In The Country' when he asks Pacey "What Makes You Care So Much?" and by that point, Pacey was all the way under. There was no turning back then.

Last edited by ***BLONDIE***; 06-22-2012 at 08:13 AM
Old 06-22-2012, 11:32 AM
Master Fan

I'm a little late, but TFTNT Love the title!

And agree about what has been said! And I love that KW ended with PJo and knew that DJo was just not right. Not a lot of show runners usually see when a supposed "endgame" couple is really just not right for each other.

He still may say that Dawson and Joey are soulmates, but he still sees how right Pacey and Joey are for each other at the same time. And that's good enough for me.
Old 06-22-2012, 12:05 PM
Elite Fan

Its amazing to think that PJo won over the biggest DJo fan there ever was, the creator! I absolutely love the title and the recent quotes from KW and Julie Plec. It still makes me happy after all these years.