Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2004, 02:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

hshapir2.. I am in total agreement with you on everything.
Old 07-28-2004, 08:44 PM
Passionate Fan

Jaycee: Triple word on everything you said.

I know if I was Jen I would have been beyond mad at Audrey. Audrey knew how Jen felt. I know Jen didn't have claims on him but Audrey should have had more respect for her friend imo.
"You said we were destined to be together."
avie: thanks Paul!
Old 07-29-2004, 11:11 AM
MST Manager

By the time the breakup happened, I was just really glad that it finally did. Audrey had gotten on my last nerve by then, which was a complete turnaround from when she first came on the show, because I thought she was a cool, interesting and good character with potential, and I really liked her in the beginning.
Old 07-30-2004, 08:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

With the pacey and audrey relationship, I never could get into it, like yeah they were a cute couple and everything,but i just thought they didnt make that all great of a couple. But anyway back to the breakup, Yeah it hurts the most when you overhear the person that you care about saying that he didnt think ever loved you. But i dont think the slap was nesscary, because use words not actions to get your point across, but then again, wasnt audrey drunk somewhat and not in frame of mind when she slap pacey..... its looks that way to me.

as for cj and jen, well i thought that it was little hypocritial of cj. to tell jen that he didnt want a serious relationship with her, but was too quick to sleep with audrey, that really didnt make any sense to me at all.
Old 08-12-2004, 07:53 PM
Extreme Fan

I was not a fan of the Audrey/Pacey relationship to start with. You knew they were going to hook the 2 of those up though since P/J were not happening that season. They were cute, yes but b/t her drug problem and him working for that crummy guy the relationsjip went downhill.

Besides :dc_pacey: + :dc_joey:=

ღ Lucky & Liz Fan ALWAYS--permanent lock ღ
Christina is
Old 08-12-2004, 09:12 PM
Absolute Fan

By the time Audrey and Pacey broke up, I felt it was long overdue so I was cheering when that episode aired. Of course, since I was in that episode may have added to the cheers, lol. But anyway, Pacey and Audrey made a horrible couple in my opinion, so it was time for them to end. I agree that it would have felt horrible to be Audrey and hear Pacey say all of those things, but she shouldn't have hit him. When Audrey was first introduced in season 5 she was a bit of fresh air, she gave the show a little life, but after a few episodes her personalitygot tiring and by the time she started dating Pacey (if you can call the beginning of their relationship dating), I couldn't stand her anymore.

Kim
Old 08-14-2004, 02:45 PM
Administrator

I was happy when Audrey and Pacey broke up, but it must have been heartbreaking for her to overhear what he said to Emma. I don’t think that she had the right to slap Pacey, but I think that Pacey really did hurt her, so she was simply lashing out. Imagine overhearing your boyfriend or girlfriend telling someone else that they weren’t sure if they ever really loved you? Man that would hurt!

I saw Audrey as a breath of fresh air in the beginning of Season Five, but the writers ruined her character when they hooked her up with Pacey, and I thought they were a horrible couple.

I hated Audrey in the beginning of Season Six, and her “downward spiral” was virtually unwatchable, and she really only became likable again after she broke up with Pacey. I really liked her scenes with Dawson in Season Six, especially in the therapy session in Clean and Sober, and I think the writers really wasted her character and the talents of Busy Phillips.

It seems like the only people who liked Audrey and Pacey together were the die-hard D/Jers who wanted them together to keep Pacey and Joey apart, but I really have to wonder why Pacey and Audrey were such a bad couple? Did the writers set them up to fail? Or were the Pacey and Joey fans simply unwilling to accept Pacey with anyone but Joey, just like many of the Dawson and Joey fans were unwilling to accept Dawson with anyone but Joey? Personally, as a semi-neutral fan, I think that the writers set Pacey and Audrey up to fail, because once Pacey and Audrey hooked up, she became a whiny, neurotic, insecure and demanding girlfriend, and Josh and Busy had no on-screen chemistry, plus their personalities were too alike for them to “click” romantically, so I never liked them as a couple.

As far as Audrey sleeping with CJ went, I thought that was crummy of them both, but especially on CJ’s part. I do feel that he led Jen on, especially when he told her that he didn’t want to get involved with anyone because of his problems, and then, hours later, he sleeps with Audrey? That made me view CJ as a hypocritical jerk, and I was really sorry that he and Jen ended up hooking up later. Poor Jen!

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 08-14-2004, 04:52 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Did the writers set them up to fail? Or were the Pacey and Joey fans simply unwilling to accept Pacey with anyone but Joey, just like many of the Dawson and Joey fans were unwilling to accept Dawson with anyone but Joey? Personally, as a semi-neutral fan, I think that the writers set Pacey and Audrey up to fail, because
I loved Pacey and Joey together, but I would have been open them hooking up with other people if the writers had put the effort in. I was never a dj fan just because I was never a dawson fan, but I could have got behind her hook up with Charlie if they hadn't had him treat Jen like crap. That always bothered me so it always bothered me that Joey would date him knowing that. I even liked the idea of Eddie, but as played and written the relationship wound up being a complete wet blanket and I think the same thing happened with Pacey and Audrey. I was never a big fan of Audrey, but the way her relationship with Pacey was written pretty much guaranteed them to fail. It was hard for me to be convinced that Pacey was all that in love with her when they have her breaking up with him because she suspects there's something going on between him and Alex and instead of going after her goes back home and almost has sex with another woman and seemingly only doesn't cause she stops it. So even his grand romantic gesture at the airport felt hollow like he was going through the motions because he had to and then s6 starts and he's apparently already tired of her. So what exactly was it the fans were supposed to get behind? I could understand why the writers didn't try with Dawson and Jen in s5, but since the point of s5 was to stamp out any interest in a pj reunion you would think they would have pulled out all the stops when it came to writing Pacey's new love interest, but apparently not.

I wouldn't have minded a Pacey/ Jen who hook up in s5 because the actors had chemistry and the little we did get to see of them together whether as friends or even in s3 interested me enough to see where it could go.

I agree about Dawson and Audrey though. That was pretty much the only hook up of his that made me feel that might have possibility, but obviously that was never going to happen.
Old 08-28-2004, 06:55 AM
Part-Time Fan

I was never a big Audrey fan. I like the actress fine, but she was always too over the top for me. So, when they put her and Pacey together, I was upset. I think it was somewhat crummy of Audrey to date Pacey anyway since he'd been her roommate's boyfriend and biggest love. I realize it had been a while since they had dated, but not long enough in my opinion since Audrey was "new" to the group. I know some of you will say that is the same reason why Pacey shouldn't have dated Joey, but at least they had grown up together and had a friendship together beyond Dawson. Audrey and Pacey never had that. Plus, Pacey was actually the first one to have romantic feelings towards Joey in episode 109 Double Date/Modern Romance. It wasn't until episode 111 Pretty Woman that Dawson feels that way towards Joey. Thus, Pacey had romantic feelings for Joey before Dawson did. So, it really isn't the same thing at all.

It really surprised me that Pacey and Audrey lasted as long as they did. I think the writers just didn't know what else to do with either of them. They were working so hard to ignore the PJ history and all.

I agree that it would be AWEFUL to hear your boyfriend say he never loved you even if you always suspected that he really loved someone else more all along. I do think she suspected that which was why she had the drastic downfall during Season 6. It was actually probably pretty good for her that Pacey broke it off. The way it occured was hurtful, but Pacey wasn't at fault (who hides in a coffin anyway???).

The slap, well it was obviously wrong, but Audrey was always dramatic plus she was drunk... so it wasn't too unexpected nor was her sleeping with CJ. I never liked CJ that much anyway. I don't think he and Jen should have EVER gotten together. I suspect he was the loser boyfriend who got her pregnant and then ditched her (= Well, maybe not. He wouldn't have lasted that long.

Last edited by Wildecatt; 08-28-2004 at 07:52 AM
Old 08-31-2004, 11:56 AM
Loyal Fan

Well Im not happy because that left Pacey free to rekindle things with Joey but im happy because I found that relationship annoying because I find Audrey to be too much of a Drama Queen about EVERYTHING good and bad. She also trys too hard to be kewl in my opinion.

Vote For Gavin Degraw pretty please
Old 08-31-2004, 02:50 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I agree that Audrey shouldn't have hit Pacey, but she was very emotional. She felt bad after she did it.
Would you say that if it was the other way around?

There is never any excuse for hitting someone, especilly someone you're dating. Personally, I thought Pacey was quite a gentleman for staying friends with her. I've known men who have had their girlsfriends slap them, and never spoke to them again. Physical violence is always wrong, regardless of the sex of the person who does the violence.