Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2004, 07:41 PM
Part-Time Fan

theory of PJ ended up in finale by a DJer

ok a theroy here: the reason pace and jo ended up: again becuse katie went out with josh hence liked PJ so therfore katie had a say-maybe-in the end coupling? and i was gonna say that james i didnt know his opion, but it wouldnt have matter anywho becuse.. i dunno? is this adequate?
Old 02-05-2004, 05:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I don't think KH would have that much say so in who Joey ended up with on the show. The writer's and network I am sure had alot to do with that; Also the fan reaction to P/J in the first place in many ways saved DC. Ratings for Season 3 in the beginning were down and even the writer's admitted they had made some mistakes early on like with bringing Eve on.

I don't know if KW had written the triangle which I think their would have been one eventually. The show may have turned out different.
DC turned into a completely different show after he left. In Season 3 P/J and the conflict with Dawson was the only interesting aspect.

The show is called Dawson's Creek but that doesn't mean he should definetely get the girl. I hated the writing of D/J after KW left. The relationship completely changed. They weren't as close and just kept hurting each other over and over again.

Like many I figured since KW was writing the finale they would finally get together but the truth is P/J are the ones that had a long lasting relationship and the way things were written after KW left; I think it was fitting for them to get together in the end.

To me the magic of D/J was not after Season 2.
KH and JJ had chemistry and the writer's and fans went with it. While not really resolving D/J because they wanted to keep viewer's watching.
So they gave little moments like the Season 4 and 5 finales. Along with the Season 6 premiere. The writer's wanted to keep the shipper wars going as long as they could.
I just think if you look at the show overall the odds always seemed against D/J after Season 2. Looking back I think it is rather obvious the writer's had planned ending the show with P/J a long time ago.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 02-05-2004, 06:29 AM
Loyal Fan

Good post Jaime Bee... I agree with everything that you said. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-05-2004, 08:22 AM
Loyal Fan

I don't think the actor's had much say in who ended up with who, either, but their preferences was pretty well known. Josh definitely wanted Pacey to end up with the girl and while Katie usually came out with the appropriate PR response depending on which character Joey was currently dating, I think it was fairly obvious though that she slanted more towards Pacey and Joey. And after the finale aired and DC wrapped up she made it quite clear more than once that Joey ended up with the right guy. So there you go!
Old 02-05-2004, 08:49 AM
Loyal Fan

Absolutely. Katie was on the Ellen show a few months back and was quite blunt about her preference for P/J. She told Ellen that the series finale ending P/J made the most sense because P/J had the better love affair.
Old 02-05-2004, 09:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I bet Kevin was watching Katie on the Ellen show and got the idea [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]
Old 02-05-2004, 11:24 AM
Dedicated Fan

It doesn't matter where did he got the idea from..the most important thing is that the final decision was the right one [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
SeeBones#63 SwingSetter YoBlinger#50 Snickers ZooBaby#43 SMACked#20 TrueLover#153
JavaJunkie FerryBoater#176 Exhibitionist#136 Copulator#184 Masochist Savior#167
Old 02-05-2004, 01:02 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Crazy_D+J_Fan:
<STRONG>I bet Kevin was watching Katie on the Ellen show and got the idea [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]</STRONG>
The ELlen show happened after the finale aired.

I juts dont think any of the actor have that much pull. After all, we know that none of them actually knew who was going to end up with who until late in the game. ALl Katie knew was that JEn was going to die. Its possible that KEvin knew Katie's preference or the preferenfces o the other actors, as Jaycee said, but I think its far for the reason Pacey and Joey ended up together, I think there was much bigger factors.
Old 02-05-2004, 01:39 PM
Total Fan

Here my opinion:I don't really think that the fact that Kathie and Josh went out in real life has decided the finale..probably it has just halped to make the couple PJ be loved by the fans of the show.PJers were more than DJers so probably Kevin decided to not disappoint the most of the fan..then i think that the finale is unresolved.Joey didn't pick anyone,she picked the both of them!In my opinion the magic between Dawson and Joey has never disappeared.They are one soul into different bodies.They will always be the one for eachother and they will be together forever in some way.I've never realli shipped PJ because even when they were together it seemed to me that she was still in love with Dawson..it seemed that Pacey loved someone by his own and the finale didn't changed my mind.I agree with Jamie Bee,the writers developed badly the jd story after the2season,i think they would keep them apart to put them together in the finale but probably Williamson would have made a better job.
Luv,LOR
Old 02-05-2004, 04:28 PM
Part-Time Fan

i just thought of this also... PJ ended up and a new DJ formed, jack/doug. so we kind of all got what we wanted a pj and dj-just not jo.daws, but jack.doug
Old 02-05-2004, 11:35 PM
Extreme Fan

Hey, here's a crazy thought. Maybe the writers didn't give a crap about what the fanbases expected and wrote the finale based on where they thought the best story fell. JMO of course. And I really don't think Katie or Josh or James or any of the cast members for that matter had much say on who ended up with whom. I remember reading that Michelle wasn't too thrilled with the fact that her character was being killed off but Jen still died so...
Old 02-06-2004, 01:43 AM
Extreme Fan

" A good story..."???? J choosing her lifemate as if it was a game...P/J using D/J's history to justify their 'ending'...Jen dying to 'resolve' the triangle and miss Potter's lovelife...
Jack/Doug???...a finale that was changed after most of it had been filmed?...a finale that had Dawson the ultimate romantic ending up alone?...The finale was miles away from the quality of any S1 episode or of lots of S2 episodes and I bet the only thing actors were interested in was to hear "It's over" while thinking loudly "finally free from these crappy writers"...
Old 02-06-2004, 06:22 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Hey, here's a crazy thought. Maybe the writers didn't give a crap about what the fanbases expected and wrote the finale based on where they thought the best story fell.
Exactly.Name me one TV producer who's ultimate goal was to please the audience and I might just think the contrary.People often forget that,in the first place,the show isn't theirs but the creator/producer's.

KW started that show and ended it.Period.Now if there are still people thinking Joey ended up with both Pacey&Dawson....then it's their take,just not the truth.Who cares?
Old 02-06-2004, 09:14 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by joske:
<STRONG>J choosing her lifemate as if it was a game</STRONG>
Joey knew who she wanted to end up with the moment that finale started. There was no game.

Quote:
P/J using D/J's history to justify their 'ending'
I'm not sure I understand what exactly you're talking about here. Was it the fact that Dawson and Joey finally admitted that they were friends/family and nothing more, with the transcending and all, and that you didn't like it?...

Quote:
Jen dying to 'resolve' the triangle and miss Potter's lovelife
If that's really how you viewed Jen's death I feel sorry for you because you're missing out on the best story in the entire finale. Not to mention doing the character of Jen a huge injustice. Jen's death helped her friends live the way they wanted because who knows how much time you have left. That message was the essence of the finale and you completely missed it. Jen's death forced Joey to stop running. That's all. It just so happened that Pacey (not Dawson) was the person she was running from.

Quote:
Jack/Doug???
Dude, Jack/Doug was freakin' brilliant. And it worked which surprised the hell out of me.

Quote:
a finale that was changed after most of it had been filmed?
Now joske, that's stretching just a little bit. Sure there were rewrites, but I'm fairly certain that most of the finale had not been filmed yet. I could be wrong though

Quote:
a finale that had Dawson the ultimate romantic ending up alone?
Dawson didn't end up alone. He had his two best friends back...something that he'd been missing for nearly 8 years. Just because he wasn't screwing Joey doesn't mean he didn't have her in his life. Did you miss the point of all that transcending, you and me always bull*****? And, just for the record, just because one does not have a significant other does not mean he or she lives a desolate, bitter, and lonely life. Dawson was living the dream. He had a hit tv show at 25 and he had a meeting with Speilburg. At 25. He seemed pretty happy in the last scene. Just because you weren't doesn't mean Dawson wasn't.
Old 02-06-2004, 01:50 PM
Extreme Fan

In my opinion though I saw no real need to kill Jen off. She was a major character and a big part of the show and I for 1 feel bad she never got her happy ending really that she deserved. I loved Jen. I love Grams but to me it would have made sense to kill her off and not Jen. MW did a great job though no denying that.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top